BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Brandonb

Question

Some of my thoughts...

Odysseus

Guesses:

1) Nullify- Poseidon attacks _______ (may be better to just try to block Poseidon directly instead of the boost)

2) Do Not Nullify- Diomedes will summon Cottus (I dunno if he has told us his most recent action)

3) Nullify Zeus from Nullifying Diomes' summoning of Cottus

Summon: Prometheus -> Diomedes

Era Vote: The Age of Heroes - Nearly the Present. No change to the Game Rules.

Nestor Action: Boost Hades

Nestor Summon: Priam

Guesses:

1) Aphrodite will target Y-san

2) Zeus will nullify Diomedes from attacking _______

Hades Action: Targets SG

Hades Summon: ________

What are your thoughts?

Edited by Brandonb

Yeah...that seems...imba...lol...if we had known we would definitely have nullified the possibility of the shield...which is like better than a save...:(...

Yeah, it's way better than a save. It's like issuing an everlasting standing save command that additionally has a 25% chance of standing even after it has been used.

Yeah...that seems...imba...lol...if we had known we would definitely have nullified the possibility of the shield...which is like better than a save...:(...

well I don't know about imba... you guys have/had 5 guesses at your disposal. that's pretty powerful if looked at from the other team's perspective

well I don't know about imba... you guys have/had 5 guesses at your disposal. that's pretty powerful if looked at from the other team's perspective

True...but it's a guaranteed save that can't be countered once it's put into place and a 25% chance of being two guaranteed saves...it defeats what I see as the strategic purpose of this game, the guessing/nullifying of others actions on a particular Night, b/c it's always there...plus the fact that Aphrodite's saves/attacks go through a middle man, who can be any player, pretty much makes her actions already un-nullifiable until we get down to like, 4 players...which is why I was so set on killing off Aphrodite as soon as possible...

And if we had known, we would definitely have taken out/nullified Hebes last Night instead of attacking dawh...

Although...if I were on their team, I would have Aphrodite always use Eros on a random player to save Hebes who in turn would make shields for each of the teammates...since the Protect protects against nullification as well, there would be absolutely no way to nullify the 1.25 guaranteed saves... :unsure:

True...but it's a guaranteed save that can't be countered once it's put into place and a 25% chance of being two guaranteed saves...it defeats what I see as the strategic purpose of this game, the guessing/nullifying of others actions on a particular Night, b/c it's always there...plus the fact that Aphrodite's saves/attacks go through a middle man, who can be any player, pretty much makes her actions already un-nullifiable until we get down to like, 4 players...which is why I was so set on killing off Aphrodite as soon as possible...

And if we had known, we would definitely have taken out/nullified Hebes last Night instead of attacking dawh...

Although...if I were on their team, I would have Aphrodite always use Eros on a random player to save Hebes who in turn would make shields for each of the teammates...since the Protect protects against nullification as well, there would be absolutely no way to nullify the 1.25 guaranteed saves... :unsure:

well, the trick is that a summoning can't be summoned 2 nights in a row and hephaestus can only make 1 per summoning. plus, he can't make one for zeus since actions can't be done to yourself. i still don't see the problem.

"Hephaestus - Molds either a sword (giving a 25% boost in Attack) or a shield (gives a 25% boost in Defense). The sword and shield will be broken if the one dawning them is successfully attacked. However, they do not lose a Summoning."

So dawh and SG both survived the boosted 100% attacks by the 25% defenses given to them by the shields?

Can a player accumulate more than one sword or shield?

Maybe I don't quite follow how it is a 25% defensive boost, if it's a 100% chance they the player will not lose a summoning?

IMO, you are stating here the that sword gives a 25% boost in attack, meaning that if a character with a 50% kill chance is given a sword, they now have a 75% kill chance. If they are given two swords, they are given a 100% kill chance. The same works for the Shield. The rules specifically state "a shield (gives a 25% boost in Defense)" meaning that if a character attacks them with a 100% killl chance, there is a 25% chance that they will block the attack. Two shields gives 50% and three 75% and 4 100%. It is impossible to interpret the rules to say that the sheild is a 100% block with a 25% chance of maintaining the sheild. The rules even say that the sheild will be destroyed if the attack is successful. I think that this is fair, however, the way that you, itachi, stated it just now makes things extremely one sided. That would give them a sure save until they are attacked with no need to know when they are being attacked or by who.

IMO, you are stating here the that sword gives a 25% boost in attack, meaning that if a character with a 50% kill chance is given a sword, they now have a 75% kill chance. If they are given two swords, they are given a 100% kill chance. The same works for the Shield. The rules specifically state "a shield (gives a 25% boost in Defense)" meaning that if a character attacks them with a 100% killl chance, there is a 25% chance that they will block the attack. Two shields gives 50% and three 75% and 4 100%. It is impossible to interpret the rules to say that the sheild is a 100% block with a 25% chance of maintaining the sheild. The rules even say that the sheild will be destroyed if the attack is successful. I think that this is fair, however, the way that you, itachi, stated it just now makes things extremely one sided. That would give them a sure save until they are attacked with no need to know when they are being attacked or by who.

In order to get a summon, we need to cast a vote for Brandonb. I do not think that it is a bad idea to out him as on our side at this point. We can almost definitly get the sacrifice if we do this within the next hour.

In order to get a summon, we need to cast a vote for Brandonb. I do not think that it is a bad idea to out him as on our side at this point. We can almost definitly get the sacrifice if we do this within the next hour.

I already made it very clear that I am not willing to go up for the sacrifice. If you do this, I will make my sacrifice go to Mnemosyne and will attack you with all of my power tonight.

I already made it very clear that I am not willing to go up for the sacrifice. If you do this, I will make my sacrifice go to Mnemosyne and will attack you with all of my power tonight.

Then make a post that you will not side with us later if we choose to vote for you like this and that voting will make you an enemy, or whatever.

EDIT: Clarification

Edited by IDoNotExist

OK sure... you do realize that it will encourage the other team to vote for me also...?

Fine, it's on. :mad:

how?

Sorry, I misunderstood your post about not being sacrificed, I thought you meant you would not sacrifice for yourself. I saw that Grey Cells voted for you and knew that if we could all vote for you we would have majority. I will remove it once you give me a reason to on the main thread. Please, no hard feelings.

Edited by IDoNotExist

how?

Sorry, I misunderstood your post about not being sacrificed, I thought you meant you would not sacrifice for yourself. I saw that Grey Cells voted for you and knew that if we could all vote for you we would have majority. I will remove it once you give me a reason to on the main thread. Please, no hard feelings.

Wow, Bb, you completely misunderstood what I said. Did I miss some indication on the main thread that you were already on our team? An appropriate post would not have declared war on your own team, but would have stated that if we ever hoped to have you on our team that we should not vote like this.

ah yes. sorry, I haven't been able to spend as much time thinking about this game as I would like. and that's my bad since it's such a big time investment for you guys too. but you're right. it's much more fair that way anyway. ridiculously enough, I just used random.org to do both dawh and SG's defenses this way just to see the results and they both got the block... :rolleyes: so, it works out best for you guys the way things went down last night with them losing the shields since this way they would have kept them. sorry for the confusion. I'll keep it this way from now on though.

Edit: I should have worded it "the shield drops an Attacker's kill % by 25%" that was how I intended it, but the way I wrote it was the way you just described. my bad. sorry again

Wow, Bb, you completely misunderstood what I said. Did I miss some indication on the main thread that you were already on our team? An appropriate post would not have declared war on your own team, but would have stated that if we ever hoped to have you on our team that we should not vote like this.

I disagree. If they believe me to be volatile, they will be much less likely to attack me, and much more likely to use Hermes to extend an olive branch to me. If they extend an olive branch, they may expose a weakness for us to take advantage of in a surprise attack.

I think they already know that I am Hades... or at least had it narrowed down... No matter how it works out, I think the post I made was the most appropriate for my chances of survival.

I disagree. If they believe me to be volatile, they will be much less likely to attack me, and much more likely to use Hermes to extend an olive branch to me. If they extend an olive branch, they may expose a weakness for us to take advantage of in a surprise attack.

I think they already know that I am Hades... or at least had it narrowed down... No matter how it works out, I think the post I made was the most appropriate for my chances of survival.

Ok, I understand your reasoning that you placed here. The only thing that threw me off was the statment that you would reveal our moves for the night.

yeah, it's a poor wording and I'm not really sure how to word it correctly even now :wacko: . Basically, there was a 25% chance the shield wouldn't break at all and they would retain it. Luckily, you guys smashed threw both this last night, but there was no damage done to either player aside from them losing their shields.

ah yes. sorry, I haven't been able to spend as much time thinking about this game as I would like. and that's my bad since it's such a big time investment for you guys too. but you're right. it's much more fair that way anyway. ridiculously enough, I just used random.org to do both dawh and SG's defenses this way just to see the results and they both got the block... :rolleyes: so, it works out best for you guys the way things went down last night with them losing the shields since this way they would have kept them. sorry for the confusion. I'll keep it this way from now on though.

Edit: I should have worded it "the shield drops an Attacker's kill % by 25%" that was how I intended it, but the way I wrote it was the way you just described. my bad. sorry again

...:whistling:...