BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Brandonb

Question

Some of my thoughts...

Odysseus

Guesses:

1) Nullify- Poseidon attacks _______ (may be better to just try to block Poseidon directly instead of the boost)

2) Do Not Nullify- Diomedes will summon Cottus (I dunno if he has told us his most recent action)

3) Nullify Zeus from Nullifying Diomes' summoning of Cottus

Summon: Prometheus -> Diomedes

Era Vote: The Age of Heroes - Nearly the Present. No change to the Game Rules.

Nestor Action: Boost Hades

Nestor Summon: Priam

Guesses:

1) Aphrodite will target Y-san

2) Zeus will nullify Diomedes from attacking _______

Hades Action: Targets SG

Hades Summon: ________

What are your thoughts?

Edited by Brandonb

Some of my thoughts...

Odysseus

Guesses:

1) Nullify- Poseidon attacks _______ (may be better to just try to block Poseidon directly instead of the boost)

2) Do Not Nullify- Diomedes will summon Cottus (I dunno if he has told us his most recent action)

Guesses:

2) Zeus will nullify Diomedes from attacking _______

Hades Summon: ________

What are your thoughts?

Looks good...how about Siren on dawh? And then use the first nullify on Apollo...or maybe I should nullify Apollo...unless you guys want to try to use Apollo to our advantage and post our votes right after the Day Post...hehe...;P

Hold on...need to decipher PT's last message...

Okay, Prof. T says he's attacking SG, so maybe Hades should attack dawh or Athena instead...

Edited by Yoruichi-san

grrr...my internet is being temperamental again...so here are my thoughts in case it decides to die again and doesn't come back before the Night is over...

Odysseus

Guesses:

1) Nullify- Poseidon summons Apollo

Guesses:

2) Zeus will nullify Diomedes from attacking someguy

Hades Action: Targets dawh?

Hades Summon: Siren on dawh

Question to Itachi: If Apollo is summoned, and we kill him toNight, can he still end the Day early? Same for Athena, if she dies during the previous Night, can she still stop the sacrifice?

If they can't do stuff post-mortem, I think we should target one of them for the Hades kill instead, and use the extra nullify on Achilles...

Odysseus

Guesses:

2) Do Not Nullify- Diomedes will attack SG (since we know he will do that, but we do not know his summons)

3) Nullify Zeus from Nullifying Diomes' summoning of Cottus <-subject to change depending on Itachi's answer

Guesses:

1)

2)

Hades Action: Targets SG (since SG has himself and a summons remaining, it would be best if both myself AND Diomedes attack him)

Hades Summon: Agenor to protect PT (The siren is gone)

itachi, does Agenor protect players from being nullified? (in the last game, a save was able to prevent medusa from blocking directly players... does this also work against zeus' guess-blocks?)

If so, does it also protect someone's ability to summon? (not protect the summon itself, but prevent the initial summoning action from being blocked)

If those answers go the way I am expecting them to, then we just opened up an additional 2-3 guesses that we can use to MAKE SURE the attacks against SG are successful. :thumbsup:

Edited by Brandonb

Sorry, I meant Helen, not Siren...I'd rather protect us by nullifying dawh...it's more efficient...we'd just use the extra guesses to nullify him anyway...

Odysseus

Guesses:

2) Do Not Nullify- Diomedes will attack SG (since we know he will do that, but we do not know his summons)

3) Nullify Zeus from Nullifying Diomes' summoning of Cottus <-subject to change depending on Itachi's answer

Guesses:

1)

2)

Hades Action: Targets SG (since SG has himself and a summons remaining, it would be best if both myself AND Diomedes attack him)

Hades Summon: Agenor to protect PT (The siren is gone) (Helen to nullify dawh)<-my suggestion

Working on a few new things...

BTW, who is Dawh?

Odysseus

Guesses:

1) Do Not Nullify- Diomedes will attack SG

2) Nullify Zeus from Nullifying Diomes' summoning of Cottus <-still subject to change. If pointless, then 'nullify Poseidon from attacking Ysan'

3) Nullify Poseidon from attacking IDNE

Guesses:

1) Nullify Poseidon summons Apollo

2) Nullify Mnemosyne Nullifying one of IDNE's guesses

Hades Summon: Agenor to protect PT

itachi: When someone is sacrificed, and the Nyx returns the use of the of a certain summons (as Zeus got Hermes back) does Diomedes have that summons taken away? Or do both Zeus AND Diomedes have use of Hermes now?

Edited by Brandonb

Question to Itachi: If Apollo is summoned, and we kill him toNight, can he still end the Day early? Same for Athena, if she dies during the previous Night, can she still stop the sacrifice?

If they can't do stuff post-mortem, I think we should target one of them for the Hades kill instead, and use the extra nullify on Achilles...

yes, they are still effectual. the idea is just that they have to be summoned the previous night to have a chance at working.

itachi, does Agenor protect players from being nullified? (in the last game, a save was able to prevent medusa from blocking directly players... does this also work against zeus' guess-blocks?)

If so, does it also protect someone's ability to summon? (not protect the summon itself, but prevent the initial summoning action from being blocked)

If those answers go the way I am expecting them to, then we just opened up an additional 2-3 guesses that we can use to MAKE SURE the attacks against SG are successful. :thumbsup:

yes. protect is a blanket word that covers all malicious actions. it doesn't stop zeus from getting ids though.

itachi: When someone is sacrificed, and the Nyx returns the use of the of a certain summons (as Zeus got Hermes back) does Diomedes have that summons taken away? Or do both Zeus AND Diomedes have use of Hermes now?

Demeter in place of Diomedes for this one. Demeter keeps the 1 use of the Summon and gets an extra chance to have that Summon for a second time.

EDIT: nvm, you got'em covered, thanks :thumbsup:

With those new answers....

Odysseus

Guesses:

2) Nullify Poseidon from attacking IDNE

3) Nullify Poseidon from attacking Ysan

Guesses:

Edited by Brandonb

Lol...Bb...where have you been??? Dawh is Poseidon...;P

Odysseus

Guesses:

2) Nullify Poseidon from attacking Ysan (or Priam? if they didn't think of it before last Night...the Hermes thing may have given them some ideas...)

Nestor Action: Boost Hades (or nullify dawh)

Guesses:

Why are we attacking sg twice? He can only lose ONE summon/life per night...

Should I nullify dawh instead...then use our guesses to protect from Artemis?

Why are we attacking sg twice? He can only lose ONE summon/life per night...

Should I nullify dawh instead...then use our guesses to protect from Artemis?

Really? we can't take out his summons directly while at the same time taking his life?

Can we get a clarification on this itachi?

Thanks itachi

I suggest this as the final actions... but I am an indy, so I can't really make the final call.

Odysseus

Guesses:

2) Nullify Poseidon from attacking Ysan (they shouldn't know which summons is up, so I think this way may be safer)

Guesses:

Hades Action: Targets Dawh

All of poseidon's targets are neutralized (except for me, Hades. but I have the 50% safety thing) so it may be better for me to make a successful attack against someone else

Thanks itachi

I suggest this as the final actions... but I am an indy, so I can't really make the final call.

Odysseus

Guesses:

2) Nullify Poseidon from attacking Ysan (they shouldn't know which summons is up, so I think this way may be safer)

Guesses:

All of poseidon's targets are neutralized (except for me, Hades. but I have the 50% safety thing) so it may be better for me to make a successful attack against someone else

I'm gonna take this as final. it's good. trust me ;)

Thanks itachi

Odysseus

Guesses:

Guesses:

Well, it looks good to me...sorry Bb for relying on you so much...I don't know where IDNE is...it'd be funny if he had the internet problems too...(it's like an infection...XP)...but I'm leaving now...need to go to the hospital...so let's go ahead with it :)

Edit: Nvm...saw Itachi's post ;P

Edited by Yoruichi-san

Well, it looks good to me...sorry Bb for relying on you so much...I don't know where IDNE is...it'd be funny if he had the internet problems too...(it's like an infection...XP)...but I'm leaving now...need to go to the hospital...so let's go ahead with it :)

aw, I hope you get well soon :( now I'm glad I didn't make your almost death in the game gruesome ;)

on a brighter note you guys now have PT = Diomedes in the BTSC Forum :D

Edit: also, which Summoning do you want to lose Y-San?

And correct guesses: Odysseus #1, #3 Nestor #1 ad #2 GJ! ;)

Oh, I didn't know they kept it past the night it was first summoned... wow, that's a pretty sweet summons.

We need to make sure that we directly kill that thing two nights from now!

oh crap, my bad... it didn't even cross my mind that that wasn't clear enough. I figured that the character's wouldn't just toss them away ;) sorry for not being clear enough though :(

oh crap, my bad... it didn't even cross my mind that that wasn't clear enough. I figured that the character's wouldn't just toss them away ;) sorry for not being clear enough though :(

NP, but just to get it perfectly clear...

"Hephaestus - Molds either a sword (giving a 25% boost in Attack) or a shield (gives a 25% boost in Defense). The sword and shield will be broken if the one dawning them is successfully attacked. However, they do not lose a Summoning."

So dawh and SG both survived the boosted 100% attacks by the 25% defenses given to them by the shields?

Can a player accumulate more than one sword or shield?

Maybe I don't quite follow how it is a 25% defensive boost, if it's a 100% chance they the player will not lose a summoning?

NP, but just to get it perfectly clear...

"Hephaestus - Molds either a sword (giving a 25% boost in Attack) or a shield (gives a 25% boost in Defense). The sword and shield will be broken if the one dawning them is successfully attacked. However, they do not lose a Summoning."

So dawh and SG both survived the boosted 100% attacks by the 25% defenses given to them by the shields?

Can a player accumulate more than one sword or shield?

Maybe I don't quite follow how it is a 25% defensive boost, if it's a 100% chance they the player will not lose a summoning?

yeah, it's a poor wording and I'm not really sure how to word it correctly even now :wacko: . Basically, there was a 25% chance the shield wouldn't break at all and they would retain it. Luckily, you guys smashed threw both this last night, but there was no damage done to either player aside from them losing their shields.

yeah, it's a poor wording and I'm not really sure how to word it correctly even now :wacko: . Basically, there was a 25% chance the shield wouldn't break at all and they would retain it. Luckily, you guys smashed threw both this last night, but there was no damage done to either player aside from them losing their shields.

...Well, great job nullifying everything Bb ;P...darn Mmesynome...who I'm guessing is ST...I don't think she wanted to join them...if only she had voted...oh well...and darn Heracles...why doesn't he like me T_T

Yeah...that seems...imba...lol...if we had known we would definitely have nullified the possibility of the shield...which is like better than a save...:(...

Who do we want to vote for? IDNE again? That one Summon of PT's seems like a waste...I guess he's been effectively outed anyways...

Oh yeah, sorry for worrying you...got some antibiotics (respiratory infection...I tend to get those when I move around from place to place), that's all...no ER or anything :)