Yoruichi-san

Question

IDNEysseus:

Guess 1: ?

Guess 2: ?

Guess 3: ?

Summon: Oceanus to message Diomedes

[spoiler='Letter to Diomedes

']Hey Diomedes, this is IDNE, aka Odysseus. I hope that you have realized this by now. I already know that Brandonb is Hades and I am trying to get him in our group. Ysanestor and I already have BTSC. Through good communication and obedience we can obtain BTSC in two nights.

Tonight:

Summon: Cottus the "Furious"

Target: SomeGuy (Aphrodite) You will be boosted tonight

This is for the first night. We will also be sending you messages in the main forum using a Vigenere cipher. The Cipher that Ysan and I have been using uses the key word "Ocean", however, your key word will be "Eclipse". Most of these messages will appear in the spoiler boxes labled "For Ysan only" or "For IDNE only". READ THEM ALL AND DO NOT REPLY USING THIS CIPHER.

Instead, you will reply with a different cipher. Compose your message with the 2nd letter of the 3rd word, the 3rd letter of the 6th word, the 2nd letter of the 9th word, the 3rd letter of the 12th word, etc. End the sentence you are using this cipher in with ".,."

Example: They can still summon him every other day as the rules attest to.,. (secret message: test)

Use this cipher ONLY if there is a problem with our directions. We will give you directions for the second night using the "Eclipse" Vigenere cipher.

To let me know your identity and verify that you understand each part of this message, post the word "smileY" (using those caps) in the main thread. For example, you can say something like "I wish there was an Olympic God smileY". (If you are unable to summon Cottus for whatever reason, and you will be summoning another instead, write "Smiley" for Briares and "smiLey" for Gyges.)

I hope this reaches you in good time, my friend. Remember, this must be completed ASAP. Hope to see you soon.

YsaNestor:

Nullify/Boost: ?

Summon Agamemnon:

Guess 1: Zeus will use Hermes to send a message to Aphrodite.

Guess 2: ?

Inputted (non-question mark) actions are final ;).

• Answers 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

FYI, this part is final.

Summon: Agammemnon

Guess 1: Zeus will use Hermes to send a message to Aphrodite.

Oh, you're here! :) I thought you were going to be gone...lol...

Anyways, shouldn't we get the message out to Diomedes as soon as possible...to make it less likely Zeus will cancel it, and so that we can figure out the rest of our actions based on what Diomedes responds with?

Oh, you're here! :) I thought you were going to be gone...lol...

Anyways, shouldn't we get the message out to Diomedes as soon as possible...to make it less likely Zeus will cancel it, and so that we can figure out the rest of our actions based on what Diomedes responds with?

Yes, that as well, Itachi :rolleyes:

From Bb:

Hey all, I don't know how long it may take to get true access to the forum, but here's my update in the meantime (you may want to post this directly into the forum for future reference)

1) Obviously you already know that I have used the Siren

2) I have already used Argus. PT is Diomedes (this should help immensely for recruiting him).

I suggest that tonight Ysan boosts me to attack... someone? I wonder, if I am boosted to give myself the increased ability to kill, will that also increase my liklihood to die? The description only says 'kill action' but it would be nice to have itachi clarify.

I also think I should use one of my protection summons on one of you (IDNE I guess since he stands a double-threat now).

I wonder if a save and/or a block-guess would prevent the negative effects of this night's special events? - could you clarify this itachi?

IDNE should send a message to PT, so that we may communicate in the thread using a code created through this site. It's nice because it requires a keyword (preferably something complicated) and a specified shift (though that could be used trial-and-error) for the cypher to work, which we can pass to PT and others will not be able to crack.

OK, off to bed, g'night!

Lol...so STeracles, Katemeter, GCesynome then? ;P

Yeah, I was wondering about the boost on Hades as well...

Edit: Hahaha...just realized that poor PT is going to look at the cipher and be like "Oh no...another Y-san code :rolleyes: "

Oh, yeah, and for Bb when he gets here: Welcome to the Heroes BTSC...it took quite a bit of effort to get you here...it had better have been worth it ;P.

Edited by Yoruichi-san

Damn...based on the messaging b/w Impervious and Someguy it looks like I may have been too late...those 11 minutes...sorry...:(...or maybe it's just some random code...can one of you (who are probably both better at cracking codes than I am) decipher it?

Edited by Yoruichi-san

Another question to Itachi (on top of Bb's questions): If Heracles targets someone with a labor is it always mentioned? Or does the nullify only get mentioned if the person tries to do something and the kill only mentioned if it is rolled the successful 50% kill?

Oh, and now that I think about it (and how ST was laughing about ppl thinking I was Mmesynome)...I think it might be more likely HeraGCles, MmeSTynome, Katemeter...

I suggest that tonight Ysan boosts me to attack... someone? I wonder, if I am boosted to give myself the increased ability to kill, will that also increase my liklihood to die? The description only says 'kill action' but it would be nice to have itachi clarify.

I also think I should use one of my protection summons on one of you (IDNE I guess since he stands a double-threat now).

I wonder if a save and/or a block-guess would prevent the negative effects of this night's special events? - could you clarify this itachi?

1) no, your likelihood to die does not get raised as well.

2) if this is asking whether or not you can block Nyx, then no, you can't :ph34r:

Another question to Itachi (on top of Bb's questions): If Heracles targets someone with a labor is it always mentioned? Or does the nullify only get mentioned if the person tries to do something and the kill only mentioned if it is rolled the successful 50% kill?

well, i haven't exactly stuck to any specific rule regarding non-mention (in the last night(s) because there was hardly anything worth mentioning -_- ). on a night when things actually happen, no kills on the 50% chance will not be mentioned. and nullification that doesn't matter will not be mentioned either. basically, i try to write in only the bare essentials (post-night 1) but given barely anything to work with I'll add a couple things here and there just to keep myself amused ;)

1) no, your likelihood to die does not get raised as well.

2) if this is asking whether or not you can block Nyx, then no, you can't :ph34r:

well, i haven't exactly stuck to any specific rule regarding non-mention (in the last night(s) because there was hardly anything worth mentioning -_- ). on a night when things actually happen, no kills on the 50% chance will not be mentioned. and nullification that doesn't matter will not be mentioned either. basically, i try to write in only the bare essentials (post-night 1) but given barely anything to work with I'll add a couple things here and there just to keep myself amused ;)

Okay, cool...SomeGuy was talking about dying on the thread and I thought he had only lost 1 summons, but then there was the lion thing, which seemed like it failed...but I guess it didn't...hehe...good to know! ;P But...damn...now I really wish I had nullified him last Night... :duh:

Lol...well, it's a really good thing we succeeded in getting Bb...maybe his ridiculously good luck will 'nullify' my ridiculously bad luck for this Chaotic Night :rolleyes: .

Edited by Yoruichi-san

Hello...post-5980-1239794929.gif

And sorry for stressing you out yesterday with my vote. I just want to come across as neutral as possible. ^_^

Haha...it's alright...I was going insane anyways XP...but it just made it feel all that much more of an accomplishment when we suceeded :D...seriously...we totally swung the initial Zimpy landslide one-vote-at-a-time ;P.

Anyways...actions for tonight? Looks like Prof. T is going to summon Briares...

So...I realized that if they did manage to successfully get a message b/w them using Hermes, it means Hermes is vulnerable...they probably will see Diomedes coming after AphroGuyte and Zeus may try to cancel it, but if we send Diomedes after Hermes directly, they'll never see it coming ;) . Maybe we should send one of your summons (boosted) after AphroGuyte himself, since they might guess Hades will attack him, but they won't be able to guess which summon...we could use our remaining guesses to protect ourselves from Poseidawh...I'm not sure whether I want to protect me or Agamemnon...hmm...

Anyone good at breaking codes? Looks like impervious is sending me a message :lol: Guess we missed Hermes.

QUESTION FOR ITACHI: Can I still change my first guess if I believe that it was ineffectual? (Can I remove my guess that Zeus will use hermes to message Aphrodite?)

I believe that this is fair because either my guess did not work and I am just changing my mind about what I want to do, or my guess is currently working, however, once I remove it, the message will go through.

I know people have been throwing around others ID's and I would caution against believing this information without question. It is a fact that some are disceptions. Reread all the actions and the voting patterns as much can be learned from this. :Smiley:

Edit: Whoops.

Diome-T will be summoning Briaries to stop Ares from Nullifying the night

Message from Diome-T: I am guessing that he has not sent one.

Another Question for Itachi:

Can an independent sacrifice their own summon? ALSO, if we lose an independant, does it take two more sacrifices to regain their allegiance or only one?

Bb, I dont plan on losing you, however, I am sure that the olympians are going to plan hard to prevent you from remaining on our side and I want to know all situations.

Edited by IDoNotExist

Another Question for Itachi:

Can an independent sacrifice their own summon? ALSO, if we lose an independant, does it take two more sacrifices to regain their allegiance or only one?

Bb, I dont plan on losing you, however, I am sure that the olympians are going to plan hard to prevent you from remaining on our side and I want to know all situations.

Yeah, that's why we really want AphroGuyte disposed of as soon as possible...so that us 4 and whichever indie we decide to try to recruit next will constitute a majority.

What do you think of my ideas in the post above yours (in response to Bb)? I really think it would be a clever move to have Diomedes target Hermes directly and send a Hades summon after SG...;P

Oh, and Itachi is having internet problems apparently... :o

Edit: Just thought about it...if Demeter is sacrificed, does she immediately get the summon she sacrificed back? Lol.

Edited by Yoruichi-san

Yeah, that's why we really want AphroGuyte disposed of as soon as possible...so that us 4 and whichever indie we decide to try to recruit next will constitute a majority.

What do you think of my ideas in the post above yours (in response to Bb)? I really think it would be a clever move to have Diomedes target Hermes directly and send a Hades summon after SG...;P

Oh, and Itachi is having internet problems apparently... :o

Edit: Just thought about it...if Demeter is sacrificed, does she immediately get the summon she sacrificed back? Lol.

About your ideas for tonight, I like the sound of them. Lets write them out and see how it looks.

About Demeter: I doubt it, lol!

Also: ITACHI- Can an independent sacrifice for themself?

Who should we try to recruit next? I was thinking Demeter would be a good bet.

EDIT: btw, Ysan, you are next on EPYC ^_^

Edited by IDoNotExist

About your ideas for tonight, I like the sound of them. Lets write them out and see how it looks.

About Demeter: I doubt it, lol!

Also: ITACHI- Can an independent sacrifice for themself?

Who should we try to recruit next? I was thinking Demeter would be a good bet.

EDIT: btw, Ysan, you are next on EPYC ^_^

Lol...well, it looks like GC might be Mmesynome after all...or he's just being a big jerk XP...but anyways...I was leaning towards Hercules first and then Demeter...Demeter only has 3 summons right now and she'll be vulnerable if she joins a team...Hercules has a nice # of kills ;P.

Let's see what Bb has to say...

Lol...and I never actually said anything about being Hades...it was what Prof T. read out of my statements...just like he first read that I was Mmesynome...but the Hades ruse was more implied I guess...;P

I seriously don't want to lose a summon though...but w/e...and don't forget Itachi doesn't have working internet at the moment...

Well, since it appears that GC is Mmesynome after all...I was thinking about posting this to gain the support of Kat and ST (and it's true):

To Demeter: We have been discussing it, and we want to recruit you, but at present we believe the lack of kills (and hence summonings for you) leaves you a vulnerable target for the opposing team if you join a side. For your safety, we would like to strengthen you first before putting you in that position.

To Heracles: We would like to recruit you too, in the opposite order. You are robust and hard to kill at the beginning but as you use your labors, you become a more vulnerable target. So we would like you to join our team early and then for your safety, return to being an independent and hence not a target for our enemies.

Well, since it appears that GC is Mmesynome after all...I was thinking about posting this to gain the support of Kat and ST (and it's true):

To Demeter: We have been discussing it, and we want to recruit you, but at present we believe the lack of kills (and hence summonings for you) leaves you a vulnerable target for the opposing team if you join a side. For your safety, we would like to strengthen you first before putting you in that position.

To Heracles: We would like to recruit you too, in the opposite order. You are robust and hard to kill at the beginning but as you use your labors, you become a more vulnerable target. So we would like you to join our team early and then for your safety, return to being an independent and hence not a target for our enemies.

Problem: We can only have two independents

EDIT: Any comments such as this, post them here first and allow me to post them in the main forum, if we agree on the content.

Edited by IDoNotExist

Hey, sorry for being inactive (I will be a little inactive for the next few days)

So what's the plan?

Odysseus Guesses:

1)

2)

3)

Odysseus Summons:

Era Vote: n/a

Nestor Action:

Nestor Summons:

Hades Action:

Hades Summons:

I'm used to laying out all preliminary actions first, then discussing how to tweak them. I will happily fill it all out with my suggestions fr discussion... but I do not know which Summons were sacrificed to achieve my recruitment.

Odysseus

Guesses:

1) Nullify-Poseidon will summon Apollo

2) Do Not Nullify- Diomedes will target SomeGuy

3) Do Not Nullify- Diomedes will summon Briares

Summon: Oceanus-> Diomedes

Nestor Action: Boost Diome-T

Nestor Summon: Priam

Guesses:

1)Mnemosyne will target IDNE

2)Aphrodite will target IDNE

Hades Action: Target SomeGuy

Hades Summon: Helen-> Poseidon

BTW: Cronus and Rhea are out.

And for reference:

Our Side:

IDNE- Odysseus

Ysan- Nestor

Prof. T- Diomedes

Bb- Hades

Their Side:

Impy- Zeus

dawh- Poseidon

SomeGuy- Aphrodite

Grey Cells- Mnemosyne

Unsided:

Kat- Demeter

Star Tiger- Heracles

when was he recruited?

he wasnt, which is why he is in italics, however, judging by his actions on the thread, I am guessing that he has made his decision.

Also, i think I messed up on the main thread.

Lol...uh...what happened to posting here first? XP

But seriously, in case we don't take out AphroGuyte tonight, we don't want to alienate Kat and ST...and seriously, I think we can both of their support by alternating recruitment. My plan was to recruit Hercules first, letting Demeter build up summons and strength, and then let Hercules return to being an Indie and recruit Demeter. I spelled out my logic behind this, and I think that approach is best for Kat and ST...;P

I seriously think telling them to attack each other is a bad idea...