BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Ye Olde Mafia

Whoa, I missed a lot :wacko: I agree RMZ sounds suspicious...way more than usual. And if he was good, why is he getting more and more cryptic..? Since I don't know when I'll be able to get on again, I'll vote now. I hate to bandwagon, but it's the only lead right now.

1. star_tiger

2. Impervious - voting for RMZ

3. SomeGuy

4. crazypainter voting for- Voltage

5. randro

6. limeliam

7. JarZe

8. RainThinker

9. voltage - voting for RMZ

10. Kathleen - voting for RMZ

11. Joe's Student - DEAD (Killed by the Exile)

12. FIF

13. andromeda - DEAD (Killed by the Rogue)

14. Izzy

15. RMZ - voting for star_tiger

16. twin_bro

<(^-^)>

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RMZ, you're acting so weird... You made all these conclusions out of a simple night post. To me you're dragging a lot of attention to yourself, instead of doing the opposite.

So, did you act but not appear in the night post???

So far you seem like the best target for the lynch, even if you're good, you don't sound like it.

1. star_tiger

2. Impervious - voting for RMZ

3. SomeGuy

5. randro

6. limeliam

7. JarZe - voting for RMZ

8. RainThinker

9. voltage - voting for RMZ

10. Kathleen - voting for RMZ

12. FIF

14. Izzy

15. RMZ - voting for star_tiger

16. twin_bro

Okay.. So Nick either chose not to act, which is unlikely, or is one of the following people:

Dark Night

Rogue (stole ability of inactive player?)

Recruit

Freelance Mercenary

King

he might also be the Chaos Mage because it doesnt list a power for that person to perform it just says it cant be seen by the sage.

Okay.. So Nick either chose not to act, which is unlikely, or is one of the following people:

Dark Night

Rogue (stole ability of inactive player?)

Recruit

Freelance Mercenary

King

Izzy, I think you left out a lot of roles. Here are all of the roles that have no night actions (or likely not to act first night):

Dark Knight - A powerful knight who betrayed the King. RID kills each night but not 2 in a row. If he fails, after the second failure his role will be revealed.

Chaos Magician - Uses his dark arts to mask himself as a random innocent role if he is investigated by the Sage.

Recruit: New member of the group. Takes on the role of baddie that dies. Always appears as "Recruit" if checked by the Sage.

King: May PM the host at any time during the vote to end the day early. (Please note the post number in the PM.)

Prince: Order's the guards to capture one player each DAY. That player cannot be lynched that day or killed the next night and will be released the following day. There is a 25% chance that the prince will learn the role of the one he captured. The Prince may not capture the same person again. If the King dies, the Prince becomes King and gains his ability on top of his own.

Squire: BTSC with the Knight Captain. He admires the captain and will die for him if targetted.

Coroner: Learns the identity of any role that died that night.

And questions about the following roles:

Freelance Mercenary: Would the tower guard see him choose a side?

Cleric: Not seen if he saves someone who wasn't targeted?

Town Guard: Not seen if he protects someone who wasn't targeted?

Izzy, I find it very suspicious that your list seems very heavy on the baddie roles and you missed a bunch of goodies. Seems you are trying to paint Impy as a baddie. Perhaps you are a baddie yourself? It's not very conclusive evidence, but you're 2nd on my most suspicious list.

Edit: He's definitely not the rogue since the rogue made a kill last night.

Edited by voltage

Since I didn't like how I went (no offense PM ;)) I decided to "expand" my last moments, so bare with me :)

“Hehehe, that JS guy was loaded with some nice stuff…” The rogue laughed as he examined his spoils. “I could probably sell all this stuff off for a nice price, especially this sword.” The rogue examined the sword much closer. As he did he saw the reflection of someone behind him. He quickly gathered the goods and hid in the nearby alley. He wasn’t sure if he had been spotted or not… but he wasn’t going to take any chances. He grabbed the sword and snuck up behind the person and quickly slit their throat. Andromeda fell to the ground and grabbed her neck trying to keep the blood from flowing…but it was no use. The rogue turned and left her to bleed to death.

Andromeda woke up covered in sweat and gasping for air. She instinctively reached for her throat. That was the worst nightmare she had in years. She could almost feel the touch of a cold steel resting on her neck.

She got up, splashed some water in her face and just stood there in front of the mirror, gradually gaining back her confidence while holding her sword with a firm grip.

“Was this a premonition of my death?”, Andromeda wondered. She was determined not to do anything differently that day than as planed.

That evening, Andromeda was following rogue’s footsteps for quite a while and she knew she must retrieve the items stolen. Suddenly he disappeared leaving her baffled, but alert cause she remembered the dream that she had last night, in fact the dream was still so vivid that she could feel the taste of blood in her mouth. Slowly she pulled the sword out of it’s casing. The blade of her weapon was polished to it’s full shine reflecting the moonlight on her face, electric from anticipation. A sudden whoosh of air was an enough warning for Andromeda to duck and postpone something that she feared, was inevitable. She turned around and stood face to face with the rogue.

“This is the night you die girly girl”, rogue whispered, causing her to feel weakness in her knees. Andromeda stood there for a split second. Suddenly she swung her sword drawing the infinity sign in the air and attacking rouge forcefully.

They were both moving skillfully and almost gracefully around each other, while they danced in the rhythm of the two swords clashing together. To a bystander this fight would have seamed like a well rehearsed performance of two excellent swordsmen. After couple of minutes rogue lost his focus and as he swung the sword putting his entire body into it he lost balance exposing his torso. Andromeda continued her motion, aiming the sword directly into rogue’s heart. What she couldn’t have known is that he had a strong armor concealed under his clothes. Her sword slipped, bouncing of the metal plate and she ended up with her back turned to the thief’s deadly embrace. The Rogue lifted his weapon and quickly slit her throat. Andromeda fell to the ground and grabbed her neck trying to keep the blood from flowing…but it was no use. The rogue turned and left her to bleed to death.

Andromeda always believed that when the time comes for her to leave the world of living it will be violent and painful, but as she was lying there perplexed and still, the slow spring of blood creating a scarlet puddle on the dusty ground was anything but painful. As she inhaled to take her last breath pleading for one more she slowly slipped through the cravaces of her fragile existence into the deep gorges of the unknown darkness that laid on the bottom of her eyes, that she quietly shut to stay undisturbed forevermore.

Now that's more like it! :D

Have fun guys ;)

Edited by andromeda

Hey, I just noticed something. JS had a killing role, since the rogue targeted him and ended up killing Andro, right? But what killing role could he have? He's not the exile, since he was targeted by the exile. He's not the knight captain, because the squire would have saved him. He's not the freelance merc, because the freelance merc can't kill night 1. So who was he???

I don't imagine he was mafia, since I can't imagine them stealing their own roles. I imagine the baddies just have to pick someone to perform the kill, and they picked the thief last night.

Izzy, I find it very suspicious that your list seems very heavy on the baddie roles and you missed a bunch of goodies. Seems you are trying to paint Impy as a baddie. Perhaps you are a baddie yourself? It's not very conclusive evidence, but you're 2nd on my most suspicious list.

I don't think she was trying to paint myself as a baddie. She was trying to deduce why the tower guard said what he did. that's all.

Izzy, I think you left out a lot of roles. Here are all of the roles that have no night actions (or likely not to act first night):

Dark Knight - A powerful knight who betrayed the King. RID kills each night but not 2 in a row. If he fails, after the second failure his role will be revealed.

Chaos Magician - Uses his dark arts to mask himself as a random innocent role if he is investigated by the Sage.

Okay I see your point, but chaos sage is also a baddie, so it doesn't completely matter.

Recruit: New member of the group. Takes on the role of baddie that dies. Always appears as "Recruit" if checked by the Sage.

King: May PM the host at any time during the vote to end the day early. (Please note the post number in the PM.)

Prince: Order's the guards to capture one player each DAY. That player cannot be lynched that day or killed the next night and will be released the following day. There is a 25% chance that the prince will learn the role of the one he captured. The Prince may not capture the same person again. If the King dies, the Prince becomes King and gains his ability on top of his own.

Ah, read it as day.

Squire: BTSC with the Knight Captain. He admires the captain and will die for him if targetted.

..Okay.

Coroner: Learns the identity of any role that died that night.

Okay, accepted, I missed it too.

I missed the Coroner and Prince because I was skimming. If Nick were the squire, maybe something like "Worked with Captain".

Anyway, 50-50 chance of Nick being a baddie. And, as you can see, I didn't condemn him for it. I'm attempting to get information. As are you, so that's fine.

*edit* Color got messed up.

Edited by Izzy

One more thing guys. My beyond the grave story has nothing to do with my night action. I was just expanding PM's post, that's all.

Nice andro!!!! Very interesting...

It would be cool to hear more of your stories in the posts ;)

On the other hand, I think it's hard to try and deduce one role on the first night, there was a lot going on and what we do know is that we're down 2 in the first night, we have a very possible baddie ready to be lynched.

I don't think Impervious is gonna answer any of your questions today, since we already have a target... Wanna make him talk??? Start voting for him, if he's good he'll end up talking and if he's bad he'll end up lynched...

Due to RMZ being suspended, IDNE is taking his place.

1. star_tiger

2. Impervious - voting for IDNE

3. SomeGuy

5. randro

6. limeliam

7. JarZe - voting for IDNE

8. RainThinker

9. voltage - voting for IDNE

10. Kathleen - voting for IDNE

12. FIF

14. Izzy

15. IDNE - voting for star_tiger

16. twin_bro

Due to RMZ being suspended, IDNE is taking his place.

1. star_tiger

3. SomeGuy - voting for Izzy

5. randro

6. limeliam

8. RainThinker

12. FIF

14. Izzy

16. twin_bro

Well, I don't like bandwagons, for one, and I'd like to give IDNE a chance to look over RMZ's uh...strategy, and see if he agrees with it, so my vote is random for now.

I trust in IDNE to clarify the cryptic messages RMZ were making :)

1. star_tiger - voting for crazypainter

5. randro

6. limeliam

8. RainThinker

12. FIF

14. Izzy

16. twin_bro

Just a filler for now. It looks like I missed three pages when I was sleeping :P

edit: added SG's vote

Edited by star_tiger

Ok guys, please save your lynch as I attempt to save myself from the position RMZ has put me in. I assure you that I am a goodie, however, unless I have a chance to catch up on what has been said and done, I will be unable to help myself or anyone else.

I'm removing my vote for IDNE because it was totally based on RMZ's posts, so IDNE you still have a chance to prove your innocence.

This is just a random vote...

5. randro

6. limeliam

7. JarZe - Voting for Twin_Bro

8. RainThinker

12. FIF

14. Izzy

16. twin_bro

1) Since when does 22 minutes amount to 40 second intervals?

2) As I seem to recall several people called you out on seeming suspicious. edit: before the night post was even up

3) You seem to be trying to throw the blame at everyone else to distract from you. Does anyone else see this too?

i must say it reaked of flounder...

edit: I really must read the whole thread b4 I post...

ST aw thanks babe I luv u2! I must admit I was confused when IDNE's name came up vs RMZ.

Was Zack fraid or somethin? I will leave my vote as it is, I was going to change it to RMZ.

Edited by crazypainter

5. randro

6. limeliam

8. RainThinker

12. FIF

14. Izzy

15. IDNE - voting for Izzy

16. twin_bro

Ok, I just got to work and I will be looking through all of these posts to see what happened. So far I have only read the roster and I know my role (I have not even had a chance to read the OP yet), so my vote is based off of absolutely nothing but the fact that someone else is voting for her. I will probably change it after I have read. Everyone who is voting for me, please allow me one day to prove myself and undo the damage that RMZ has apparently done. I assure you that lynching me now would cause alot more damage.

But of course. I might not be around long enough to hear your defence...:unsure: When does the day end?

5. randro

6. limeliam

8. RainThinker

10. Kat

12. FIF

14. Izzy

15. IDNE - voting for Izzy

16. twin_bro

<(^-^)>

Edit: Forgot my "<(^-^)>", and forgot to delete quote

Edited by Kathleen

Well, I finally caught up on everything and the first thing I will say is....

Apr 15 2009, 10:25 AM

Action sent. I love tricking people on mafieea (I know I spelled it wrong lol)

Apr 15 2009, 10:41 AM

Of course it isn't, why would I want people attacking me?

Apr 15 2009, 04:59 PM

Freelancer- If you wish to join the 'baddies' it will be easier to win, but since you have less people there, more easy to lose.

If you wish to join the 'goodies', it'll be easier for your team to survive, but you have measly abilities to work with, and no BTSC.

So, who will you choose?

Apr 15 2009, 06:18 PM

Don't ponder into things you do or don't know. It might make you crazy.

Freelancer- Good or Bad.... I ponder about what he/she will choose.

;) are you St, if you are: nice try.

Btw, The op never specifically stated that the freelancer will join in the 1st night.

Apr 15 2009, 06:39 PM

My idea of the game:

G / B 

more fun		 easier to win

bad abilities		  less people

What I think the teams are.:

Good: Fun, more skilled players, since it's hard to win.

Bad: Easier, better skills so it's like an introduction into mafia.

Of course, I just made this up, and I could be dead wrong.

@ Star, Whoops.

Apr 15 2009, 06:45 PM

To be serious, neither do I.. Or do I.. ?

Apr 15 2009, 08:21 PM

:)

It depends on what they are suspicious FOR

Prince Marth, What happens if you're lynched in this game?

Apr 15 2009, 08:26 PM

15. RMZ - voting for star_tiger ;) Found you out.. I think.

Is it newbie behavior, or is it confusing strategy?

Depending if you are on the opposite side of me, you would want to nullify me. If you were on my side however, you would want to save me.

Which do you believe me to be, I really don't care, as it all works to my strategy.

You may want me to survive into night two, or don't you?

In the end, it'll all depend on who you are.

So you decide: Would you want to see my strategy to play out, or would you want to kill me?

Hint: Think about Mt. Olympus ;)

Apr 15 2009, 08:33 PM

Whoops sorry lol.

Edited above.

@ The King: Can you please end the day before the last vote comes in? Thanks.

Apr 15 2009, 08:43 PM

;) Want to find out my reason for all this?

Reason: to see your reactions and find our which faction you're on, of course ;)

Actually, It gets more confusing now ;)

Apr 15 2009, 08:47 PM

:) Just got a confirmation from prince marth. Everything gets confusing at this point.

I'm pretty sure that Imp and Voltage have BTSC, as they both voted for me in less than 40 second intervals, from one of the 2 BTSC groups.

I'm not sure which one though.

When recruited into the baddies, the freelancer would have BTSC with the baddies, so I assume that they have BTSC.

And, the Knight and Squire have BTSC, So I assume that Imp is either the Batman, Knight, or Freelancer.

Right now, I'm leaning on Batman.

Apr 15 2009, 09:10 PM

Since they posted close together, and for similar reasons.

Cya'll tomorrow.

:wacko:

Ignore all of this. It is meaningless and even though I know his role, I have no idea what he was trying to do. There was only one true hint at his identity in there and it was a really bad hint, meaning you wont get it unless you know who he is already. Please allow me to continue on and forget about all of this.

Edited by IDoNotExist

This game is going to be impossible unless we take out the baddies with teeth as soon as possible. We have a possibility of 5 kills in one night if the RID is successful and the Rogue locates the Captain. That is not good. And we are starting with two goodies out (At least I believe that JS is a goodie, he was the only person I was going to begin trusting after reading his posts).

Voltage cannot be the Rogue or the Exile, so voting for him is unneccessary at this point. We hopefully need to take out killers, like I said. After reading throught the few posts that are on here, CP is at the top of my list.

5. randro

6. limeliam

8. RainThinker

10. Kat

12. FIF

14. Izzy

15. IDNE - voting for crazypainter

16. twin_bro

We really need get some info so putting pressure on someone is the easiest way to make them talk.

5. randro

6. limeliam

7. JarZe - Voting for crazypainter

8. RainThinker

10. Kat

12. FIF

14. Izzy

15. IDNE - voting for crazypainter

16. twin_bro