BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Ye Olde Mafia

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Naturally, this is me reading too deep into this, but RMZ, that sounded an awful lot like an attempt at a baddie recruitment ;)

:lol: , he could also be telling the truth ;) Although a couple of comments in the sign-up thread (after PM PM-ed all the roles of course) made it seem like he was emphasizing his goodie-ness, but it's probably just paranoia -_- I knew mafia was like a drug... :P

waiting on the rest of the actions to be sent in... then we'll have something to talk about instead of whether the freelance mercenary will be good or evil.

:lol: , true say. I'm sure the mercenary will make a good choice... *hint, hint, WE HAVE COOKIES*

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking. Or he's the freelancer, posting his thoughts at the moment.

If he was the freelancer, why would he post his thoughts? After all, we will know what happens in the night post anyways, and by posting his thoughts, he's just dragging attention to himself :huh:

O Untameable Freelancer:

Join the innocents. If you, like most of us playing, enjoy Mafia when it challenges you to think, to research, to use logic and cunning and guile, and to use that gut instinct of yours, then there's only one team for you.

As a baddie you know your enemies. You have a Night Kill every night from the second onwards, where your only thought process is to out-think the saving roles. Where is the challenge there?

With the innocents, sure it's not as easy, you mightn't be as active during the nights, but when you choose on Night X to kill Player Y, because you yourself know for certain that they are the Dark Knight, and when it comes off perfectly, the sense of satisfaction you'll feel will be unmatchable by any sense of satisfaction you could gain with the Baddies.

There is only one side really ;).

This coming from the guy who still has Agent Brown as his avatar? ;)

Sorry to troll. This looks like it's gonna be another great mafia! I'll be haunting quietly from my corner... :ph34r:

Ok, Avatar updated. But you all know very well that the roles are assigned randomly. Just because I was a baddie before doesn't mean I am one again.

O Untameable Freelancer:

Join the innocents. If you, like most of us playing, enjoy Mafia when it challenges you to think, to research, to use logic and cunning and guile, and to use that gut instinct of yours, then there's only one team for you.

As a baddie you know your enemies. You have a Night Kill every night from the second onwards, where your only thought process is to out-think the saving roles. Where is the challenge there?

With the innocents, sure it's not as easy, you mightn't be as active during the nights, but when you choose on Night X to kill Player Y, because you yourself know for certain that they are the Dark Knight, and when it comes off perfectly, the sense of satisfaction you'll feel will be unmatchable by any sense of satisfaction you could gain with the Baddies.

There is only one side really ;).

I second that! There is only one choice!

Naturally, this is me reading too deep into this, but RMZ, that sounded an awful lot like an attempt at a baddie recruitment ;)

Actually he sounded like he's the freelancer :)

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking. Or he's the freelancer, posting his thoughts at the moment.

Exactly! :)

Ok, Avatar updated. But you all know very well that the roles are assigned randomly. Just because I was a baddie before doesn't mean I am one again.

If I see you dodge posting even remotely, you are going down!!! :dry:

If you are a goodie you will post your *censored* off to convince us this time that you are a goodie! (By posting your *censored* off I don't mean quantity, but substance!!! You better live up to my expectations on how you should play if you are a goodie cause I'll be watching you :ph34r:

I spent wayyyyyy too much time reading/posting (especially in the BTSC forums as I was kind of scared to post in the main forum) this week.

Don't even dare to be scared this time cause... :ph34r:

Edited by andromeda

Don't ponder into things you do or don't know. It might make you crazy.

Freelancer- Good or Bad.... I ponder about what he/she will choose.

;) are you St, if you are: nice try.

Btw, The op never specifically stated that the freelancer will join in the 1st night.

Edited by Riddle Master Zack

If you are a goodie you will post your *censored* off to convince us this time that you are a goodie! (By posting your *censored* off I don't mean quantity, but substance!!! You better live up to my expectations on how you should play if you are a goodie cause I'll be watching you :ph34r:

You read my mind ;) Seems like someone's trying to act like a goodie... :o

Don't ponder into things you do or don't know. It might make you crazy.

Freelancer- Good or Bad.... I ponder about what he/she will choose.

;) are you St, if you are: nice try.

Btw, The op never specifically stated that the freelancer will join in the 1st night.

What do you mean?

And the freelancer does have to join Night 1:

"Unsided: Chooses a side to join on Night 1 and wins with them."

My idea of the game:

G / B 

more fun		 easier to win

bad abilities		  less people

What I think the teams are.:

Good: Fun, more skilled players, since it's hard to win.

Bad: Easier, better skills so it's like an introduction into mafia.

Of course, I just made this up, and I could be dead wrong.

@ Star, Whoops.

Edited by Riddle Master Zack

Indeed it did. :dry: I'm still trying to figure out why he's trying to draw so much attention to himself....

well my thoughts were that there might be a secret way the choice would be made. ( where the independant would go)

The first side to ask would get em!

edit: clarification

Edited by crazypainter

We have no night post, but we're already pointing fingers... This is gonna be a good one!!!

I hate to admit that I already have some baddie suspects

:lol: , same here -_- But they are probably wrong anyways...a mix of innocence and experience we have here :P I'm too busy second-guessing the meaning of each posts ^_^

:lol: , same here -_- But they are probably wrong anyways...a mix of innocence and experience we have here :P I'm too busy second-guessing the meaning of each posts ^_^

it'll be interesting trying to separate the mafia newbie behavior from just plain baddie behavior

Night 1: First blood and watchful eyes (Thanks goes to Impervious for the title)

The Freelance Mercenary sat in the tavern contemplating which would be the better choice…To side with the King…Or the Dark Knight.

“Hmmm...So if I join the king I am quite certain the reward shall be great…However, if I join the Dark Knight and he manages to defeat the king and his men, the reward shall be great still and I have a feeling joining with the knight will have greater advantages since I will know more who I am working with,” the mercenary thought to himself, making his decision. He stood from his table, holstered his blade and exited the tavern to go in search of the Dark Knight and his men.

Voltage walked along the streets of the kingdom, seeming to be looking for someone or something. As he did so however, the bard noticed him and decided to have a little fun.

“Sorry sir…But you’re not going anywhere tonight.”

The bard pulled out his magical lute and began to play a strange song. Voltage stopped in his tracks and looked around for where the music was coming from and spotted the bard. Before he could do anything about it, he began to dance around the streets.

“Hey what!? What the heck are you doing to me!?” Voltage demanded.

The bard just continued to play his lute, keeping Voltage trapped in the dance the entire night.

JS strolled into the local inn to get a room for the night.

“Hello, sir, what can I do for you?” The innkeeper asked.

“I’d like a room, please.”

“Certainly. That will be 5 silver pieces please.”

JS handed the innkeeper the silver pieces, got his key, and went to his room to sleep.

After he had fallen to sleep, a dark figure came into his room, took all his belongings and left without a sound.

The tower guard stood watch over the kingdom, in particular that night however, he was concentrating on anyone that looked suspicious. This night he kept watch over Impervious. However, after watching Impervious the entire night, he saw absolutely nothing out of the ordinary. “Well that was a bit of a waste…” He thought to himself.

JS woke up in the middle of the night to use the restroom. He dragged himself out of bed and turned on a lamp on the end table by his bed. Once the light illuminated the room, he quickly realized that all of his belongings had been taken.

“What!?!?” JS shouted as he jumped out of the bed and immediately charged out of the inn. “Someone’s going to die…”

“Yes…Someone is going to die.” A mysterious voice stated from the shadows beside the inn.

JS immediately turned his attention to where the voice was coming from. “Who is there…Show yourself now!”

The man walked out of the shadow but not before throwing a knife straight at JS’s throat.

JS reacted quickly and knocked the knife away but while he was concentrating on the knife that was being thrown at him, the man drew another knife from his back pocket and stabbed JS straight in the heart.

“What did I…do…? Who…Are you?” JS managed to get out before falling to the ground…Dead.

“Hmph…You’re not the king…” the exile said, aggravated. “Though I should have known…Why would the king stay at an Inn…” The exile just sighed and went back into hiding before any guards showed up.

“Hehehe, that JS guy was loaded with some nice stuff…” The rogue laughed as he examined his spoils. “I could probably sell all this stuff off for a nice price. Especially this sword.” The rogue examined the sword much closer. As he did he saw the reflection of someone behind him. He quickly gathered the goods and hid in the nearby alley. He wasn’t sure if he had been spotted or not but he wasn’t going to take any chances. He grabbed the sword and snuck up behind the person and quickly slit their throat. Andromeda fell to the ground and grabbed her neck trying to keep the blood from flowing…but it was no use. The rogue turned and left her to bleed to death.

Kat was taking her nightly walk before bed. However, she was not alone this time. The sage was following closely behind her, watching her and using his powers to figure out just who’s side she was on.

“Hmm…So that’s who you are…” he thought to himself.

1. star_tiger

2. Impervious

3. SomeGuy

4. crazypainter

5. randro

6. limeliam

7. JarZe

8. RainThinker

9. voltage

10. Kathleen

11. Joe's Student - DEAD (Killed by the Exile)

12. FIF

13. andromeda - DEAD (Killed by the Rogue)

14. Izzy

15. RMZ

16. twin_bro

So begins day 1. Let's get those votes in!

Roles and Rules

Prologue: The Dark Knight

Edit: Colors

Edited by Prince_Marth85

1. star_tiger

2. Impervious - voting for RMZ

3. SomeGuy

4. crazypainter

5. randro

6. limeliam

7. JarZe

8. RainThinker

9. voltage

10. Kathleen

11. Joe's Student - DEAD (Killed by the Exile)

12. FIF

13. andromeda - DEAD (Killed by the Rogue)

14. Izzy

15. RMZ

16. twin_bro

his posts have been suspicious.