BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Ye Olde Mafia

Well here it is everyone. Ye Olde Mafia. Sorry it took so long to get the game thread up. I was hanging out with my girlfriend today :wub: Anywho, here are the roles and rules. Please check your role information here as I have made a few changes and clarifications.

Baddies: Win by killing all the innocents and the independent. Or if they become the majority. (Chooses 1 player to kill every night)

Dark Knight - A powerful knight who betrayed the King. RID kills each night but not 2 in a row. If he fails, after the second failure his role will be revealed.

Chaos Magician - Uses his dark arts to mask himself as a random innocent role if he is investigated by the Sage.

Rogue - Master theif...There's nothing he can't steal. Steals a players role ability each night but cannot steal the same person 2 times in a row, cannot steal the ability of a team mate.

Recruit: New member of the group. Takes on the role of baddie that dies. Always appears as "Recruit" if checked by the Sage.

Unsided: Chooses a side to join on Night 1 and wins with them. Gains BTSC with the baddies if he joins them. It will be mentioned in the night post as to who he chooses.

Freelance Mecenary - He can kill each night starting on night 2.

Innocents: Win by killing all the baddies

King: May PM the host at any time during the vote to end the day early. (Please note the post number in the PM.)

Prince: Order's the guards to capture one player each DAY. That player cannot be lynched that day or killed the next night and will be released the following day. There is a 25% chance that the prince will learn the role of the one he captured. The Prince may not capture the same person again. If the King dies, the Prince becomes King and gains his ability on top of his own.

Knight captain: Kills each night. BTSC with the Squire. Cannot die as long as the Squire is alive.

Squire: BTSC with the Knight Captain. He admires the captain and will die for him if targetted.

Cleric: May save one player each night including himself.

Sage: May investigate 1 player each night and learn their role.

Tower guard: May watch a player each night and see the action they take.

Town Guard: May protect 1 player each night. However, if the person he protects is targeted, he dies instead. (Outed if he dies)

Bard: Uses a magical lute to cause a player to uncontrollably begin to dance, negating their night action.

Coroner: Learns the identity of any role that died that night.

Independent: Wins by killing the King. (Or Prince if the Prince becomes the King)

Exile: Can kill each night. If the King dies by any other means but him, he must be the last player standing.

As some of those who have played my games know, I do not like role revealing. Ability will be reduced or taken for any revealed roles. I can already see a tactic some people may try, so whether or not your telling the truth does not matter, DO NOT reveal roles.

As is common practice with my games, the first night and day will be extended to as long as needed. But after that, it will be the standard 24 hours (Unless the King ends a day vote early.)

For any questions or clarifications, please PM me.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prologue: The Dark Knight (No…Not Batman)

The King and Prince sat in the throne room speaking amongst one another about the day’s events as the Knight Captain and his young squire entered.

“My liege,” the captain spoke as he bowed before the King and Prince. “My most humble apologies for entering unannounced but I bring dire news. It would appear the knight whom had betrayed you has formed a small group and has been terrorizing the village. I sent a few of my men to attempt to stop him but they were killed with ease. They appear to have among them a mage that can cloak their appearances to make them look to be nothing more than mere townspeople. It would seem that they are more powerful than I had first thought. “

The king looked at the Captain. “I see…” He steps down from the throne and draws his blade. “Then we must go after him. If need be, I will even strike him down myself.” The prince stood from his throne and did the same.

“Also sire, I have heard reports that the exile has been seen around the town. There are rumors that he seeks your life. I would like to advise that you not leave the castle…For your own safety.”

“I understand your concern, captain; however, I shall not sit idly by as someone terrorizes my kingdom. Gather your men and let us go.”

“What is going on…I cannot seem to even rest with all the townspeople that have come in today because of that band of men that have been attacking the kingdom,” the cleric thought to himself as he finished up on another who had been injured by the dark knight and his men. “But it is my job as a cleric.”

The coroner was also there, examining the bodies of those that had been killed. “This is madness (No…There will be no Sparta here :P)…I do hope the king and his men can put an end to the attacks by the dark knight.”

“I agree, my friend. Let us finish up here. I am sure that our help is needed all over town.” The coroner nodded to the cleric and the finished up and locked up before heading their separate ways to go out and help those around the town.

“You cannot fool me mage,” called the sage as he confronted the chaos magician.

“Think what you will, old friend, but my powers far surpass yours now that I have begun to study the dark arts,” the chaos magician laughed and ran around the corner, changing his appearance and mingling with the crowd of people.

The sage chased after him, but as he concentrated his power and attempted to locate the chaos magician among the townspeople, it was to no avail. “His power to hide himself may exceed my ability to identify him…But I will find him and I will stop him.”

The townspeople all cheered and danced to the wonderful music of the bard, as he performed in the town square. Unbeknownst to them however, the rogue was also in the crowd, stealing from the crowd as their attention was focused on the bard. As the bard continued to play, he managed to catch a glimpse of the rogue as he was reaching into the coin bag of one of the townspeople. He quickly changed his tune a little bit as he looked at the rogue. As he did, the rogue suddenly began to look strange, and without any control, the rogue began to dance around, the money had had stolen began to fall from his hands as he danced.

The tower guard watched from his post as this occurred and notified the town guard of what was happening. The town guard quickly came to the scene, pushing by the bard, interrupting his song, releasing the rogue from the bard’s spell. As he came to his senses, he spotted the town guard heading straight toward him and darted off, escaping into an alley.

At the local tavern, a man walked in and ordered an ale as he sparked up a conversation with the barkeep.

“So, know any place to look into a good job.”

The barkeep looked to the man. He had never seen him before but noticed a sword holstered to his back and quickly realized he must be a mercenary from out of town.

“Well, there has been word of a band of men who betrayed the king and are now terrorizing the town. I’m sure you could look into that. I’m sure the king wouldn’t hesitate to hire someone to help.”

“I see…Thanks.” The mercenary finished his ale and left the tavern. “Hmm…Shouldn’t be hard to find a job…Just have to determine which of them has the biggest pay off…The king or this band of men.”

“There he is!! Capture him!” one of the local guards cried as several guards chased after the exile.

“Hmph…Catch me if you can.” The exile coaxed as he jumped onto a box beside a house and climbed onto the roof.

“Catch him! Don’t let him get away!” yelled the guard again as he leapt up onto the box and chased after the exile. When the guard got up to the roof, the exile was waiting for him and kicked him in the face, knocking him off the roof and onto the other guards who were behind him.

“All too easy…Now with them out of the way, it’s time to hide out and begin looking for the king.” The exile jumped down on the other side of the house and left to look for a good place to hide out.

The dark knight and his men finally met up at nightfall at the predesignated area.

“Well that’s enough terrorizing for now. But it would appear that the king knows that we are here, so we need to concentrate our efforts on getting rid of our opposition,” the dark knight explained to his men.

“But…uh…what should I do?” The newest member asked.

“Just…Don’t get in the way,” the dark knight stated.

The recruit hid his anger of the knight’s unwillingness to let him assist and decided that he would study each of the members closely and vowed he would take the place of whoever was first to fall.

Oops sorry about that. I'll add it now since my edit time for the OP is way over. :lol:

1. star_tiger

2. Impervious

3. Some Guy

4. crazypainter

5. randro

6. limeliam

7. JarZe

8. RainThinker

9. voltage

10. Kathleen

11. Joe's Student

12. FIF

13. andromeda

14. Izzy

15. RMZ

16. twin_bro

Oh recruit recruit, where fore are thou recruit? Wilst thou join our side? The side of light and honor, of love and romance?

I know you are with the baddies now but we wont treat you so rudely!

Oh recruit recruit, where fore are thou recruit? Wilst thou join our side? The side of light and honor, of love and romance?

I know you are with the baddies now but we wont treat you so rudely!

Umm, the recruit is definitely a baddie. The one we should be wooing is the Freelance Mercenary! Freelance Mercenary, won't you join our side? It's so much better to be good than evil!

Umm, the recruit is definitely a baddie. The one we should be wooing is the Freelance Mercenary! Freelance Mercenary, won't you join our side? It's so much better to be good than evil!

oh crappers...yeah thats what I mean.. freelance mercenary....yeah yeah..!

But then think of this...if I get killed due to my mistake ;) by the baddies or by lynch ....and my role is revealed as a goodie....we have a possible target!

oh crappers...yeah thats what I mean.. freelance mercenary....yeah yeah..!

But then think of this...if I get killed due to my mistake ;) by the baddies or by lynch ....and my role is revealed as a goodie....we have a possible target!

we do? :huh:

we do? :huh:

you dont get it? Hmmm mafiaranoia on my part? read all talk on page 2.

oh yeah and I say we throw the lazy bums (late pms) in the washer woman's well fer a deep scrubbin!

Edited by crazypainter

:lol: , we have cookies! And they're rainbow-colored! You know you want them... :o

oh yeah and I say we throw the lazy bums (late pms) in the washer woman's well fer a deep scrubbin!

:lol: , that'll be a sight to see :P

well I hope that in the night post we find out what side the freelancer chose!!

Yup, I think we will :D

"Unsided:...It will be mentioned in the night post as to who he chooses."

Oh freelancer, the goodies have brownies... ;)

This coming from the guy who still has Agent Brown as his avatar? ;)

Sorry to troll. This looks like it's gonna be another great mafia! I'll be haunting quietly from my corner... :ph34r:

Freelancer- If you wish to join the 'baddies' it will be easier to win, but since you have less people there, more easy to lose.

If you wish to join the 'goodies', it'll be easier for your team to survive, but you have measly abilities to work with, and no BTSC.

So, who will you choose?

Edited by Riddle Master Zack