BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Yoruichi-san

Question

*Breathes in the fresh air of BTSC*

Glad I'm here! (Thanks rookie ;P)

Anyways...I think it's pretty clear who all our enemies are...although I have no idea what GC is doing...I think he's just confused...I'm considering trying to talk sense into him, but he's so inactive (probably b/c he's busy, I remember him saying something about that in the VNAM sign-up) I doubt he'd actually read my post...:(

I'll go back and read what's been going on in a minute, but I wanted to post my thoughts...

Hehe...it appears I was right all along :ph34r: . Actually, when you said something like "It seems there are only two players worth voting for" on Day 1 (before you edited it out), I figured you were on my team...since I thought pretty much the same thing when I read the Night 1 post ;P.

Yeah, and I figured Bb was Hades...at first I thought he was Demeter, but then I looked at Hades' role description and it all made sense...plus it'd be just like him to use Siren on GC ;). But let's keep pretending he's Demeter for now, shall we? That way they don't realize he's on our team...and I can keep pretending to be Hades...;P

I've had SG pegged for Aphrodite ever since the Night 1 Post, after eliminating who couldn't be Aphrodite, I figured he was the most likely out of the remaining players to have performed the actions Aphrodite did...that's why I put his name in pink when I voted for him ;P. And, since Aphrodite used Eros on Night 1 I knew she would have to use Dionysus on Night 2 (or no summon), so I nullified Dionysus, but he wasn't summoned...so that makes me think he sacrificed Dionysus...of course if we recruited Demeter we'd know...well, I hope they've lost Dionysus or else they'll have 3 killers and we'll only have 1...I'm thinking we'll need Hercules first, but we could switch to Demeter later (sacrificing Hercules's labors). Impervious is obviously Zeus, and dawh makes 3...I figured him for Poseidon when he refused to change his vote away from Impervious to SG on Day 1...and he's making his allegiance pretty clear ;). Good job on Apollo...I was actually thinking about that myself...lol...I actually had my vote ready, waiting for the Night Post...and I totally beat Poseidawh ;P.

I figure ST is Diomedes. Or she could be Hercules. I think Prof. T is Demeter, since he seemed fairly certain Bb wasn't Demeter, or he could be Hercules...I think Kat is Mmesynome, or she could be Demeter...GC seems like a likely Hercules, although his inactivity makes him hard to read :( .

Anyways, we might be able to use GC's confusion to our advantage to keep making poor AphroGuyte think he's on your team...I kind of feel bad...so much friendly-fire on their team, lol...but hopefully we'll manage to get the vote...unfortunately I might be pretty busy tomorrow, but I'll do what I can...it seems to have worked for the last couple days, anyways ;) .

24 answers to this question

Hey, IDNE...don't forget to vote ;).

Ahh...ST has gone to the darkside...I'm trying to swing it with logic...we'll see how things turn out... :unsure:

Glad to have another partner in here. Once again, sorry for not noticing the message earlier, Itachi sent out Oceanus before the night even started which completely threw me off track. I bet that was frustrating for you :P What was that number cipher that you sent me? I attempted to use it in the same way that we did the Mafia Quest on your 1000th post, and then I tried with numerous sections on your profile, and then I tried putting them all through the Vigenere Cipher, yet I could not figure it out.

Glad to have another partner in here. Once again, sorry for not noticing the message earlier, Itachi sent out Oceanus before the night even started which completely threw me off track. I bet that was frustrating for you :P What was that number cipher that you sent me? I attempted to use it in the same way that we did the Mafia Quest on your 1000th post, and then I tried with numerous sections on your profile, and then I tried putting them all through the Vigenere Cipher, yet I could not figure it out.

Haha...sorry...it was based on the secret message sent by Oceanus, i.e. the "puzzle" you mentioned...since it was something only you and I had seen (well, besides Itachi of course ;P). It's okay though...it's not really a big deal...it was kind of fun thinking up all the Bleach references, lol...

Oh, and good job stopping the messages from Hermes :thumbsup: . That was a stroke of brilliance. And I have been totally amused over the amount of friendly-fire on their team... :lol:

Although Heracles's apparent affinity for Impervious is really annoying -_- ...

Haha...sorry...it was based on the secret message sent by Oceanus, i.e. the "puzzle" you mentioned...since it was something only you and I had seen (well, besides Itachi of course ;P). It's okay though...it's not really a big deal...it was kind of fun thinking up all the Bleach references, lol...

Oh, and good job stopping the messages from Hermes :thumbsup: . That was a stroke of brilliance. And I have been totally amused over the amount of friendly-fire on their team... :lol:

Although Heracles's apparent affinity for Impervious is really annoying -_- ...

Yea, before the end of this day, we have to decide if I want to use my guess on stopping the message again.

Well, either you or I...whichever we think is less counter-able ;P

I guess I will do it then. I wish we knew what Diomedes was doing tonight, I want to get them in BTSC asap.

I guess I will do it then. I wish we knew what Diomedes was doing tonight, I want to get them in BTSC asap.

And I will guess that Zeus will guess that you will guess he is using Hermes...

Question to Itachi: Does the player who gets chosen their summon back have to have been one that lost a summon? I.e. is the random selection of players out of the players who lost summons or out of all players, i.e. if a player at full summons is chosen, nothing happens?

Grr...Bb is being annoying...<.<

Question to Itachi: Does the player who gets chosen their summon back have to have been one that lost a summon? I.e. is the random selection of players out of the players who lost summons or out of all players, i.e. if a player at full summons is chosen, nothing happens?

Basically, I will randomize all living players. The first 4 will get each action in order of the OP whether they have lost Summonings or not. If that player cannot gain Summonings, it will say so in the night post.

And I will guess that Zeus will guess that you will guess he is using Hermes...

I do not think that this guess is necessary.

Do you think that you will be around for the end of the day? If so, perhaps you should make the guess instead of me. I was just saying that it is best to submit the guess as soon as possible at the end of the day.

Also, do you think I should send a message to Diomedes tonight?

I do not think that this guess is necessary.

Do you think that you will be around for the end of the day? If so, perhaps you should make the guess instead of me. I was just saying that it is best to submit the guess as soon as possible at the end of the day.

Also, do you think I should send a message to Diomedes tonight?

You're right. Thanks :). I think you should send a message to Diomedes and then I can use my guesses to prevent Zeus from stopping you...

Lol...ironically, as much as I talk about efficiency on the thread...I am totally kicking myself for not targeting AphroGuyte instead...I should have known Poseidawh would go after someone he hadn't targeted before...but I was playing it safe :(...damn...

One thing is really bugging me though...Bb...if he doesn't vote for you, he is playing totally irrationally, and based on some recent tension b/w him and me the only explanation is that he doesn't want to be on the same side as me...he wants to beat me...and of course he knows I'm not Hades and that means I'm on your team...it's really not fair to you and Diomedes to lose the support of Hades b/c of that...so...I'm considering withdrawing from the game...:(...it's a great game, and it's been fun, but I don't want to hurt you by being here...

You're right. Thanks :). I think you should send a message to Diomedes and then I can use my guesses to prevent Zeus from stopping you...

Lol...ironically, as much as I talk about efficiency on the thread...I am totally kicking myself for not targeting AphroGuyte instead...I should have known Poseidawh would go after someone he hadn't targeted before...but I was playing it safe :(...damn...

One thing is really bugging me though...Bb...if he doesn't vote for you, he is playing totally irrationally, and based on some recent tension b/w him and me the only explanation is that he doesn't want to be on the same side as me...he wants to beat me...and of course he knows I'm not Hades and that means I'm on your team...it's really not fair to you and Diomedes to lose the support of Hades b/c of that...so...I'm considering withdrawing from the game...:(...it's a great game, and it's been fun, but I don't want to hurt you by being here...

Nah, dont worry about it. If that is what he wants, then we will just have to find a way to beat him anyway.

Nah, dont worry about it. If that is what he wants, then we will just have to find a way to beat him anyway.

Thanks :). I only wish GC wasn't so busy and hence inactive...:(...I think I'll try pleading to Kat when she gets back from school or whatever...anyways...do you want me to compose the message to Diomedes? I think it's ST, in which case they probably realize it too, but if not, it's best if we give him a code that won't make him obvious to the other team...like maybe a modified version of the Hwad code from Mafiaholics'. I'm pretty sure everyone knows to highlight now...(which is why I didn't go with that suggestion), so if Diomedes puts in a hidden message it pretty much gives him away. We want something that the other team might not realize is a code...

We can use the vignere cipher to communicate with the person, but if they want to communicate with us, it's best if they don't use an obvious code...hmmm...

Well, we'll see...

Thanks :). I only wish GC wasn't so busy and hence inactive...:(...I think I'll try pleading to Kat when she gets back from school or whatever...anyways...do you want me to compose the message to Diomedes? I think it's ST, in which case they probably realize it too, but if not, it's best if we give him a code that won't make him obvious to the other team...like maybe a modified version of the Hwad code from Mafiaholics'. I'm pretty sure everyone knows to highlight now...(which is why I didn't go with that suggestion), so if Diomedes puts in a hidden message it pretty much gives him away. We want something that the other team might not realize is a code...

We can use the vignere cipher to communicate with the person, but if they want to communicate with us, it's best if they don't use an obvious code...hmmm...

Well, we'll see...

I think that is a good idea. We do not want them to be obvious about their communication to us. Perhaps we should send them this message... (alot like the one I sent you...)

[spoiler='Letter to Diomedes

']Hey Diomedes, this is IDNE, aka Odysseus. I hope that you have realized this by now. I already know that Brandonb is Hades and I am trying to get him in our group. Ysanestor and I already have BTSC. Through good communication and obedience we can obtain BTSC in two nights.

Tonight:

Summon: Cottus the "Furious"

Target: SomeGuy (Aphrodite) You will be boosted tonight

This is for the first night. We will also be sending you messages in the main forum using a Vigenere cipher. The Cipher that Ysan and I have been using uses the key word "Ocean", however, your key word will be "Eclipse". Most of these messages will appear in the spoiler boxes labled "For Ysan only" or "For IDNE only". READ THEM ALL AND DO NOT REPLY USING THIS CIPHER.

Instead, you will reply with a different cipher (EXPLAIN CIPHER HERE). Use this cipher ONLY if there is a problem with our directions. We will give you directions for the second night using the "Eclipse" Vigenere cipher.

To let me know your identity and verify that you understand each part of this message, post the word "smileY" (using those caps) in the main thread. For example, you can say something like "I wish there was an Olympic God smileY". (If you are unable to summon Cottus for whatever reason, and you will be summoning another instead, write "Smiley" for Briares and "smiLey" for Gyges.)

I hope this reaches you in good time, my friend. Remember, this must be completed ASAP. Hope to see you soon.

Obviously we will have to come up with that reply cipher.

Edited by IDoNotExist

Looks good to me. :thumbsup: I'm working on modifying the hwad cipher so it's a little more natural (instead of actually working...lol XP)...

But it looks like I might have been paranoid after all...*whew*...unless Bb is just toying with us and going to change his vote at the last minute... :dry: ...but we've been working on it one vote at a time...lol...*pant*...this is hard work! Note to self: Never become a lobbyist XP.

Ah...come online Kat...ahhhh...XP

My main fear is that someone will change their vote at the last minute...I'm not sure why Prof. T is voting with us, but he's been known to change his vote at the last minute...if he's Demeter, that makes sense...he wants a solid offering instead of a chance of one...maybe he's Diomedes though...I dunno...but if we can swing either Kat or GC I'm pretty sure it would be fine...

Wow...I'm going to get like no work done today...XP...congrats Itachi on creating such an exciting game ;P

Let me know as soon as you get that cipher done. BTW, I will be unable to be online at the time of the end of the day so you will have to post your guess (Nullify Zeus sending a message to Aphrodite). I think this will be better anyway and we will not have to make a guess of one of Zeus's guesses.

Wow...I'm going to get like no work done today...XP...congrats Itachi on creating such an exciting game ;P

lol. thanks! though I do hope your work takes priority :)

Let me know as soon as you get that cipher done. BTW, I will be unable to be online at the time of the end of the day so you will have to post your guess (Nullify Zeus sending a message to Aphrodite). I think this will be better anyway and we will not have to make a guess of one of Zeus's guesses.

since you two have BTSC, you can organize to powerplay for each other if you want. The only thing I'll be a stickler about from now on is only posting night actions when it is officially night. :blink:

So I summon Agememnon and nullify Zeus sending a message to Aphrodite? Works for me. Also, I think if our message gets through to Diomedes we should boost/kill...and use our remaining guesses to nullify Poseidawh's attack...but we have time to discuss over the Night I think...

To Itachi: gotcha :thumbsup: ...need a faster refresh rate on my computer then...;P

Edit: gaaaahhhh...Kat...out of all days...why did it have to be today she's not online...XP

Edited by Yoruichi-san

Ah...sorry...I'm really disappointed that they resorted to character assassination, but w/e...it's part of the game XP...anyways, I think the best and easiest cipher would be like the second letter of every third word and the third letter of every sixth word, second letter of the ninth, third of the twelfth, etc...

I think Kat is claiming Demeter...which makes GC Mmesynome (which makes sense why he's been consistently supporting Impervious)...making me think maybe Prof. T is Diomedes and ST is Heracles? Or ST is Diomedes and Prof. T is Heracles...I dunno...we'll see though. I intend to be true to my word though and spy Kat...if Bb agrees of course...

We should focus on taking out Aphrodite as soon as possible

Lol...yeah, I've been thinking that from the beginning...;P...why I was so bossy going after SG the first day...XP

Edit: OMG, Day is over! Wow...that was like one of the hardest battles I feel like I ever fought...but we did it! *feels sense of pride at a job well done* Addendum to Note to Self: NEVER EVER EVER become a lobbyist...XP

Edited by Yoruichi-san