BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

As Zack was walking down Cherry Blvd, he noticed something that caught his eye.

There! Look! As he ran toward the scene, a man took a picture of the accident.

In the accident, a man was trapped under a fallen tree. The tree looked burnt, but had moss all over it.

Around the scene, it was all over it.

As Zack called 911, the operator asked where he lived.

Zack replied with #### Cherry Blvd, Gorden, Missisipi.

What was the fateful accident that Zack saw?

Edited by Riddle Master Zack

1. It says that someone was taking a picture of the scene BEFORE he called 911. Why would he call 911 if authorities were already there?

2. It says he was asked for his home address ("where he lived"). Why would the operator ask for Zach's home address? Can we assume that Zach is at home?

1. Taking a picture of the accident b4 the police was there.

2. That one was a hint for the clue ;)

@ Grayven, No, but interesting idea.

Edited by Riddle Master Zack

A burnt tree with moss all over it wouldn't be totally bizarre. Moss can in fact most readily grow on a tree that had been dead for a long time, say, one that had been in a forest fire or struck by lightning. And a dead tree would easily fall, either spontaneously or if someone were to try to climb it.

Like Royal said, the weird thing is that they ask you where you live instead of where you are. The Gorden, MS seems important since your sidebar thing says that isn't where you're from. It looks like Gordon is a TINY town (basically in name only) out in the middle of nowhere. Neither Google maps nor Mapquest know of Cherry Blvd there, so I'm assuming that the street isn't important.

Zack was walking home on cherry, noticed a flash of lightning. He ran towards the direction, saw his dad under the old moss grown tree in their yard that had just been struck by lightning and scattering the moss all over the scene. So he called 911.

As Zack was walking down Cherry Blvd, he noticed something that caught his eye.

There! Look! As he ran toward the scene, a man took a picture of the accident.

In the accident, a man was trapped under a fallen tree. The tree looked burnt, but had moss all over it.

As Zack called 911, the operator asked where he lived.

Zack replied with #### Cherry Blvd, Gorden, Missisipi.

What was the fateful accident that Zack saw?

There is a relevance of the man taking the picture of the accident. Otherwise who would care that he took the picture. The man under the tree, is it a metaphore. It is too easy to say that a tree fell on a man. There is something else to it.

well if you look at the location of accident and his stated home, you can tell that probably that the tree fell on his property, his house or something. Thats is why he called 911, the flash came from the camera as the man took the picture, this caught his eye but lightning hit the tree causing a burn on the tree and moss spread all over as well as a man taped under it.

Edited by Serjiy

The tree looked burnt, but had moss all over it.

just for clarification please:

the first "it" is obviously the tree

the second two "it"s though, have me confused about their antecedents. I assumed that you mean [moss] was all over [the scene] , but is that correct?

this could be a play on words to throw us off :huh:

My thought:

Several years ago, near a pond, the BSA had a pow-wow with a big bonfire. After they were through the boy scouts decided to fully extinguish one of the logs completely so as not to start a fire. So they threw it in the pond and put it out. The man currently, had been swimming in the pond and managed to get stuck under the tree log, which gathered alot of moss being wedged in one spot and from how many years. Moral is do not swim near trees or logs in a pond. Right?

Edited by akaslickster

1. I'm thinking that a tourist was the one taking the picture, so why would a tourist be there? My guess is that the man is under a cherry tree because he is the owner of the worlds largest cherry orchard and as other stated, he is the father of the boy. Also i still think lightning is what knocked the tree down.

could it be like the riddle with a man in a swiming suit dangling from a burnt tree? the pond is about a mile away, and the planes used that water to put the fire out. the man was in the pond.

Right about the lightning part, but wrong about the moss. Think Missisipi.

Is Mississippi supposed to be spelled wrong? I noticed it in the OP and in this last post. Of course if it is being spoken, then it really shouldn't matter...or should it?