Wind arises, gentle breeze

Ice again, watch it freeze.

Take a knife and make the cut,

Solve a puzzle, put it up.

Vivid tale or just a show?

Only light will let you know.

Edited by Shakeepuddn

I just went to an...

I just went to an Iron Pour this weekend, so that's all I can think of, although it's probably the obvious and obviously wrong guess. Maybe coffee will help again.

They had glassblowers at the pour, too... now that's stuck in my head.

edit: I love Shakee's riddles... almost never get 'em right, but I still love them!

Edited by Dio da Goat

Dio. Not correct, but you definitely have a head for these.

I wonder if that means I'm on the right track, or if he's just being nice to me so I don't get disheartened and start crying...

I was hoping on my second one. It fit a lot of things, but not all of them. Back to pondering. Where's that coffee?

Unlike diamonds that will scorch or burn when heated, zirconium can be melted into a glass bead. Then solve a puzzle with crystalline geometry to facet the stone such that it will produce a brilliant display when struck by light.

* Edit: grammar

Edited by plasmid

Would this be an example of what you're talking about?

post-7019-1239760105.jpg

Edit: Er. Sorry. I thought that was going to end up in the spoiler, and now I don't know how to move it. I'm not very confident that's it anyway...

Edited by rookie1ja
spoiler courtesy of site admin

Amazing! Stop the presses! d3k3 shines again!

Stained glass window

Glass is made from quartz silica sand that is melted and then blown into shape. It not only resembles ice in its clarity and solidity, but the term crystal, such as that of quartz, has a root meaning of “ice.” Pliny the Elder even considered quartz to be permanently frozen ice. Colored glass is created by mixing metal oxides, such as gold or copper, with the glass while in molten form. The glass is then formed into panes by blowing it through long, narrow tubes while crafting it into shape. To make the stained glass pane, sections are cut from the various colors in accordance with a template or cartoon and then reassembled, the pieces held by lead sealant along the edges. Stained glass windows, such as those decorating churches, either depict a story or event, such as the resurrection, or are simply an iconic representation.

Edited by Shakeepuddn