BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

God's Little Riddle

Shakeepuddn

Question

I hate it when the gods try to put me in my place

They make me so depressed!

I melt when I’m addressed!

I’ve always done my best to put the dimples on their face.

But I love it when their kids play their billiards after tea;

I pocket all the balls

Whenever duty calls

I’m naught before they fall then I’m there eternally.

Yippee!

:P

9 answers to this question

is it the cue? like cue ball cuz thats the ball that you hit to sink the other balls.

and gods could refer to humans because ifyou look at it from the ball's point of veiw, isnt that what we would be? since we can like hit them and be horrid and such things.

I hate it when the gods try to put me in my place

They make me so depressed!

I melt when I’m addressed!

I’ve always done my best to put the dimples on their face.

But I love it when their kids play their billiards after tea;

I pocket all the balls

Whenever duty calls

I’m naught before they fall then I’m there eternally.

Yippee!

:P

a smile?

being put in your place when you are a smile means basically the man standing on your neck which would make me depressed. Asking why somebody is smiling (addressing it) often causes them to go away.

Smiling gives some people dimples.

The second part is just about a game of pool but it becomes a smile when the kids pocket a ball and are happy, hen it is suddenly there

I saw that someone had rated this riddle with five stars. Now it's at three. That means someone else gave it a one star rating. That pretty much puts this riddle in the bottom of the bucket for one person. I personally didn't think it was "that" crappy. Oh well. I'd sure appreciate some advice on how to spruce it up or revise it according to the lofty standards of whomever panned it. Thanks.

That said, Good job allherdanger!

Impact Crater

An impact crater is formed when an object, such as a meteorite, strikes a surface at high velocity. When such hits occur, the striking object is vaporized and a depression formed, with melted rock lining the interior. On Earth, meteorite hits are rare due to the friction the meteor encounters when meeting the Earth’s atmosphere. Most disintegrate from the intense heat and friction and can be seen as streaking fireballs in the night sky. Size, material composition, and angle of entry are factors in determining whether or not a meteor will reach the Earth’s surface. Moons are not so lucky. A close look at the pocked surface of our own gives a good indication of the frequency with which asteroids and meteors slam into heavenly bodies. One of the most well known impact crater on Earth is Meteor Crater near Flagstaff, Arizona. Not a very creative title but the crater itself is impressive enough at nearly one mile in diameter and 570 feet deep. It struck Earth some 50,000 years ago and the meteor itself is estimated to have been 50 meters across and travelling at a speed near 30,000 miles per hour. As most moons and planets in our own solar system are named after gods, this theme was incorporated into the riddle.