BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Deep in the forest was found the body of a man who was wearing only swimming trunks, snorkel and a face mask. The nearest lake was 8 miles away and the sea was 100 miles away. How had he died?

Hopefully, this one isn't taken yet! (Yes, I performed a search. Nothing found.)

17 answers to this question

he climbed a tree and fell out and died. or he ate a poisonous bug/plant. or he had a heart attack/stroke or other disease.

this one is really open ended since there aren't enough details.

he climbed a tree and fell out and died. or he ate a poisonous bug/plant. or he had a heart attack/stroke or other disease.

this one is really open ended since there aren't enough details.

Yeah, I felt bad about not giving more details, but if I did it would be too easy. IDK, maybe I'll give more details if no one gets it later.

He died of exhaustion walking from the sea to the lake. lol

I am wondering why the distances are different, though. Is it arbitrary...or not?

Deep in the forest was found the body of a man who was wearing only swimming trunks, snorkel and a face mask. The nearest lake was 8 miles away and the sea was 100 miles away. How had he died?

Hopefully, this one isn't taken yet! (Yes, I performed a search. Nothing found.)

There was a forest fire that was put out by plane; the plane vacuumed up water from the nearby lake and dumped it on the fire, along with the swimmer it accidentally picked up.

He was swimming in the lake when a water plane (helicopter) scooped him up before dropping the load on a forest fire. I know forest fire crews who have seen this with fish but not swimmers.

There was a forest fire that was put out by plane; the plane vacuumed up water from the nearby lake and dumped it on the fire, along with the swimmer it accidentally picked up.

Yes! Really, that easy?!

What if...

He was scuba diving (in shallow waters) when a water plan (I don't know if that's what they're called, but it's those planes that pick up water and drop it in the forest) picked him up and dropped him in the forest...

If that's the answer, I think it has been posted here... ;)

He was swimming in the lake when a water plane (helicopter) scooped him up before dropping the load on a forest fire. I know forest fire crews who have seen this with fish but not swimmers.

Not far fetched at all because it's right! Good job!

The year is 1,000,000 AD. The corpse is the fossilized body of a man who died in one million years ago and was fossilized in the sediments. His swimming trunks were made of non-biodegradable plastics. The area used to be a large of body of water but the intervening years have died up the water and converted it into a forest.

IT NEVER SAID HE DIED. . IT COULD BE A LIVING BODY!!

I definitely saw a CSI episode with this EXACT scenario... haha

Yea!

Because of that episode, I was thinking the answer was...

The guy was murdered, while in his scuba suit. The body was then dumped in a forest, and someone tried to burn it. Unfortunately, the flame lit the oxygen tank, causing the body to be propelled into the air, landing in a tree.

i have haerd this one b4...........the man was swimming in a near by lake when there was a forest fire so a plane swooped down to pick up water and also picked up the man and he was dummped in the forest..

this one is easy :P

Not far fetched at all because it's right! Good job!

im serious but at my school i heard this one i just forgot the answer as soo i saw water plane thing i figured it out again thx for putting this up!!