BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

itachi-san

Question

• Answers 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

most likely. so what's the verdict on Hephaestus.. no more shields correct?

yeah, they were both cracked. sorry for the confusion. luckily, it seemed to not make too much of a mess for either side. the other Forum wasn't too pleased about it, but it was my fault for not explaining it properly in the OP.

yeah, they were both cracked. sorry for the confusion. luckily, it seemed to not make too much of a mess for either side. the other Forum wasn't too pleased about it, but it was my fault for not explaining it properly in the OP.

do i still have the sword to give?

oh you still have hephaestus to give as many swords and shields as you want. i just messed up between what i intended and what i wrote in the OP as far as the shield breaking and the defensive percentage.

ah ok. thanks for that clarification. :)

now then onto tonight...dawh, sg, any suggestions?

I have Eros tonight, so we can afford to not have tonight be the Age of Olympians. However, we kind of neeeeed to have that be tomorrow, since I won't have Eros. I think that we should play defense tonight. We should either use Mnemosyne to predict an action, or to nullify one. We know who our enemies are now, so I suppose the ability to predict our enemies actions aren't as important, but they're the reason I picked her :)

Either way, we should try to control as much of the field as possible, and we should probably have Mnemosyne target whoever we thing Zeus is with her primary action.

I think I should nullify tonight.

I have Eros tonight, so we can afford to not have tonight be the Age of Olympians. However, we kind of neeeeed to have that be tomorrow, since I won't have Eros. I think that we should play defense tonight. We should either use Mnemosyne to predict an action, or to nullify one. We know who our enemies are now, so I suppose the ability to predict our enemies actions aren't as important, but they're the reason I picked her :)

Either way, we should try to control as much of the field as possible, and we should probably have Mnemosyne target whoever we thing Zeus is with her primary action.

you mean Odysseus? :P

Though we do know who is on which team, we don't necessarily know who is who. We want to find Nestor as he is their weak link, but he's powerful as a result. If he is removed from the equation, Y-san's arguments will be countered. So if we can find Nestor or Diomedes, we should be able to figure out the others.

More thoughts to come... :o

Though we do know who is on which team, we don't necessarily know who is who. We want to find Nestor as he is their weak link, but he's powerful as a result. If he is removed from the equation, Y-san's arguments will be countered. So if we can find Nestor or Diomedes, we should be able to figure out the others.

More thoughts to come... :o

with the way PT is playing he is most likely nestor, and I'm beginning to think that kat is Diomedes.

with the way PT is playing he is most likely nestor, and I'm beginning to think that kat is Diomedes.

If we get Diomedes' action right again, we can nullify it and we should learn his ID, right? :unsure:

So as for actions, if we're on the defensive, then I should try to summon Ares. The question becomes, which of them is going to try to stop me, and how? Since my ability is random (though so far it seems I've only gotten attacks), I should target one of them. If we are defending tonight, then I think I should target Y-san to try to draw them off the scent of our real target, Nestor. If Ares goes through, then nothing happens. If he doesn't, then maybe I hurt Hades.

Once we get Demeter, we should be able to hit them from all sides and they will have a hard time holding us back (even with their profusion of nullifies). They will likely expect SG to use Eros tonight, so they may try to nullify that as well. If we think that we can pull off Ares, then I think that Eros should wait for another night. Then we should vote for Age of Titans as Ares won't allow any damage anyway. Of course, with only two guesses, you'll have a hard time stopping them. I would go with (should we venture this route):

1. Diomedes will summon Briares

2. Odysseus (or Nestor) will guess that Poseidon will summon Ares.

How's that? ;)

If we get Diomedes' action right again, we can nullify it and we should learn his ID, right? :unsure:

So as for actions, if we're on the defensive, then I should try to summon Ares. The question becomes, which of them is going to try to stop me, and how? Since my ability is random (though so far it seems I've only gotten attacks), I should target one of them. If we are defending tonight, then I think I should target Y-san to try to draw them off the scent of our real target, Nestor. If Ares goes through, then nothing happens. If he doesn't, then maybe I hurt Hades.

Once we get Demeter, we should be able to hit them from all sides and they will have a hard time holding us back (even with their profusion of nullifies). They will likely expect SG to use Eros tonight, so they may try to nullify that as well. If we think that we can pull off Ares, then I think that Eros should wait for another night. Then we should vote for Age of Titans as Ares won't allow any damage anyway. Of course, with only two guesses, you'll have a hard time stopping them. I would go with (should we venture this route):

1. Diomedes will summon Briares

2. Odysseus (or Nestor) will guess that Poseidon will summon Ares.

How's that? ;)

well nestor is not the one who guesses which summon did he use last night?

well nestor is not the one who guesses which summon did he use last night?

Hmm, it doesn't say...should it? :unsure:

Oh well, I can still deduce it. Nestor summoned Agamemnon on night 3, so Agamemnon gets odd nights and Priam gets even nights. Since we are on night 7 (unless I've miscounted), it will be Agamemnon's night.

Edited by dawh

Hmm, it doesn't say...should it? :unsure:

Oh well, I can still deduce it. Nestor summoned Agamemnon on night 3, so Agamemnon gets odd nights and Priam gets even nights. Since we are on night 7 (unless I've miscounted), it will be Agamemnon's night.

oh that should have been mentioned in the night post. It was Priam who was Summoned last Night.

Ok for my guesses

1) Nestor will Summon Agamemnon

2) Diomedes will summon Briares

3) Odysseus will guess that Poseidon will summon Ares

Guess three is only in the event that Our vote for night of the titans fails

The next thing is I'm thinking it'd be more effective to summon another shield

Who do I summon it for? Bb could be bluffing. SG needs it the most out of our team.

Mnemosyne

Target: IDNE?

Guess 2?

Summon: ?

Either boost dawh for an attack on Nestor or nullify nestor or diomedes

Poseidon

Summon: Ares

Target:

Aphrodite:

Target: Hades or Nestor

While writing this out, I was thinking:

itachi - say Mnemosyne nullifies one guess, then uses a nullify on Odysseus as well then Aphrodite Nullifies him, would that nullify all three guesses?

Edited by Impervious

Mnemosyne only nullifies a guess by targeting Odysseus (and knowing she's targetting Odysseus). The rest of us have no way of doing that.

And I'd rather target Hades. I think that Nestor will be trying to stop our acting.

If we're going to have me save my summon (likely a good idea, even if guessing the full details of what I'm going to do with it are hard), then we should likely vote for the Age of Olympians tonight.

Edited by SomeGuy

Mnemosyne only nullifies a guess by targeting Odysseus (and knowing she's targetting Odysseus). The rest of us have no way of doing that.

And I'd rather target Hades. I think that Nestor will be trying to stop our acting.

If we're going to have me save my summon (likely a good idea, even if guessing the full details of what I'm going to do with it are hard), then we should likely vote for the Age of Olympians tonight.

Good point. i misread somewhere that if either myself or Odysseus gets nullified it'd just null one of the guesses. If we go that route then you could summon Eros and direct me to protect dawh, and ill give you another shield...mnemosyne can take quite a few hits before she dies.

dawh?

edit: actually direct mnemosyne to protect dawh, it might be too predictable if I protect him.

Edited by Impervious

Very well, then my actions are:

Block or Boost:

Summon: Eros to cause Star Tiger ('s empty slot) to protect Dawh.

Vote: Age of Titans.

Edited by SomeGuy

The reason we are thinking of summoning Ares and voting for the Age of Titans is to remove some of the benefits of the age for them. It won't matter that Odysseus is invulnerable since so is everyone else. If you think that Odysseus will be trying to block Ares, we may want to change tactic significantly.

If we go through with things as is, I guess that I would do the following:

Mnemosyne

Guess 2?

nullify nestor or diomedes (if Ares comes through boosting me is pointless...though we may want to use that as a backup plan :unsure: )

Poseidon

Target: PT

Those are my suggestions, though I agree that SG should try to nullify one of them.

Edit: We all posted at roughly the same time. Should I still be trying to summon Ares? I won't be able to for three days if I do? Do we want to go for double protection?

Edited by dawh

The reason we are thinking of summoning Ares and voting for the Age of Titans is to remove some of the benefits of the age for them. It won't matter that Odysseus is invulnerable since so is everyone else. If you think that Odysseus will be trying to block Ares, we may want to change tactic significantly.

If we go through with things as is, I guess that I would do the following:

Mnemosyne

Guess 2?

nullify nestor or diomedes (if Ares comes through boosting me is pointless...though we may want to use that as a backup plan :unsure: )

Poseidon

Target: PT

Those are my suggestions, though I agree that SG should try to nullify one of them.

Edit: We all posted at roughly the same time. Should I still be trying to summon Ares? I won't be able to for three days if I do? Do we want to go for double protection?

Well, Odysseus will likely guess that, which is why we have our guess that he'll guess that... *head spins*. I didn't know that that was the plan, however, and if it is, then I should save Eros.

Well, Odysseus will likely guess that, which is why we have our guess that he'll guess that... *head spins*. I didn't know that that was the plan, however, and if it is, then I should save Eros.

forsome reason i forgot about aries....

my guesses should nullify that

I'm now thinking

odysseus guesses that Poseidon will summon ares

Nestor will summon agamemnon

diomedes will summon briares

i think that should cover it but in the case of only getting the first two guesses, Mnemosyne should nullify Briares after that we should be safe for the night.

forsome reason i forgot about aries....

my guesses should nullify that

I'm now thinking

odysseus guesses that Poseidon will summon ares

Nestor will summon agamemnon

diomedes will summon briares

i think that should cover it but in the case of only getting the first two guesses, Mnemosyne should nullify Briares after that we should be safe for the night.

Mnemosyne can't nullify summons, can she? She can try to nullify Odysseus' guess, but it would only be a 1/3 chance unless we can guess where they would put it in the list. It would be better that you have the Odysseus guess in the third spot as that's the only thing that someone else can block. :o

While writing this out, I was thinking:

itachi - say Mnemosyne nullifies one guess, then uses a nullify on Odysseus as well then Aphrodite Nullifies him, would that nullify all three guesses?

Hey guys! great discussion :thumbsup: the thing about Mnemosyne is that she may nullify a guess of her choice if targeting Odysseus, but her primary nullification only effects the Era vote of that target. Also, for Aphrodite and all other nullifying characters, Zeus and Odysseus' guesses are unaffected. They take precedence in all situations other than the Era and Mnemosyne. I think that's correct. Edit 2: So much for that...lolz. Edit: let me know if it's been different at some point prior in the game. I've been running circles around some questions lately... :wacko:

Mnemosyne can't nullify summons, can she? She can try to nullify Odysseus' guess, but it would only be a 1/3 chance unless we can guess where they would put it in the list. It would be better that you have the Odysseus guess in the third spot as that's the only thing that someone else can block. :o
no, she's not a typical nullification character. She only effects Zeus and Odysseus' guesses and Era votes.

Oh wait. Scratch that. If nullified, Zeus or Odysseus will lose 1 random guess as per the OP. I knew I was forgetting about something when I was writing that :duh:

O_O

So in theory we COULD shut Odysseus' guesses down?