BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

itachi-san

Question

• Answers 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I've used Clio, Thalia, Calliope, and Erato, each once.

alrighty. uhmm well we really want to try to nullify Odysseus(IDNE) asap. I think we should go for age of Olympians tonight so we can shut him down to one guess. i'm thinking that PT and Kat are the other two Heroes. and that Bb and GC are the other Indys. either that or switch PT and Kat.

alrighty. uhmm well we really want to try to nullify Odysseus(IDNE) asap. I think we should go for age of Olympians tonight so we can shut him down to one guess. i'm thinking that PT and Kat are the other two Heroes. and that Bb and GC are the other Indys. either that or switch PT and Kat.

OK, that makes some sense, but who do you want to switch there? You said PT and Kat twice... :o

So if we all vote for Age of Olympians, that's three votes (four if you count SG) and if they are not united in their voting, then we would have the plurality. Of course, we have no method of ensuring SG gets the memo without letting PT know as well. Mnemosyne can nullify one of Odysseus' guesses with her night ability, so we still have choices for her summons. If we go after Demeter for the next two days of voting, then we could use some of Mnemosyne's summons that will leave her as they will go to Demeter, and we will be able to get them for one last gasp.

We could try summoning Urania at some point where we might get lucky regarding Odysseus' guesses. Regardless, a little knowledge about what the enemy intends to do tonight could help us. Of course, we could end up getting an Independent's action as well... :unsure:

Since no one else has any votes right now, I'm not sure whether or not they are going to try to get the votes for them or focus on attacking us. We should have four votes guaranteed right now, but Demeter and Heracles are still up in the air. However, whoever gets one of them can control the votes and the other will likely follow them as they would rather vote for the stronger side so they don't end up on the other team at a disadvantage. So, chances are they will try to get the votes for Heracles (since they want him now and Demeter later). Whether that means that they will try to block Apollo or not, I'm not sure. They may be going on the attack and intend to block Ares (or they are trying to block more than one... :wacko: ). It's really hard to try to predict their actions (especially now that Ananke is gone... :rolleyes::P ).

So far, I've gone round in a circle without coming to any conclusions... :wacko:

Hmm, well we kind of have to get a move on as time is getting (relatively) close to the deadline. I was hoping that we'd get some dialog going so that we might be able to come to a decision between our different heads (the whole two heads is better than one thing), but as that hasn't happened, I guess I'll take a stab at what actions I should take and then you guy and gal can offer suggestions and suppositions for what you should be doing.

Poseidon:

Target: IDNE (if we can hurt him, he will be less inclined to offer himself for sacrifice)

Summon: Apollo (day will end 5 minutes after the night post)

If you get it right again, you can learn Diomedes ID, so you could use one of the guesses: Diomedes will summon Gyges. The other two would be to get SG on our side, so this should be #3, since that's more important.

It's a bit late to give SG any more instructions, but to try to get PT out of the equation for the code, you could tell SG to change the keyword to "demise" by saying "Use the day-post word as the new keyword" or something like that. PT would have to crack it again to figure that out. Though considering that we don't know how he cracked it in the first place, I don't know if that will work. (I also don't know if that would be a good keyword as I have no idea what sort of cipher you are using.)

Hmm, well we kind of have to get a move on as time is getting (relatively) close to the deadline. I was hoping that we'd get some dialog going so that we might be able to come to a decision between our different heads (the whole two heads is better than one thing), but as that hasn't happened, I guess I'll take a stab at what actions I should take and then you guy and gal can offer suggestions and suppositions for what you should be doing.

Poseidon:

Target: IDNE (if we can hurt him, he will be less inclined to offer himself for sacrifice)

If you get it right again, you can learn Diomedes ID, so you could use one of the guesses: Diomedes will summon Gyges. The other two would be to get SG on our side, so this should be #3, since that's more important.

It's a bit late to give SG any more instructions, but to try to get PT out of the equation for the code, you could tell SG to change the keyword to "demise" by saying "Use the day-post word as the new keyword" or something like that. PT would have to crack it again to figure that out. Though considering that we don't know how he cracked it in the first place, I don't know if that will work. (I also don't know if that would be a good keyword as I have no idea what sort of cipher you are using.)

it's a keyword cypher

i suppose

summon Hephaestus on SG, shield

guesses:

1. Diomedes will summon Giges

2. Aphrodite will target dawh

3. Odysseus will guess that Poseidon will summon Apollo

I think that s_t should target IDNE and block his 1st guess

and summon Melpomene on PT...dawh, s_t any comments?

i suppose

guesses:

I'll wait for finalized versions of Poseidon and Mnemosyne's actions

Zeus:

guesses:

Poseidon:

Why PT? We don't know his ID for certain at this point. Why not Y-san? At least we know which side she is on. PT is one of the ones we aren't sure about. :o

Zeus:

guesses:

Poseidon:

Why PT? We don't know his ID for certain at this point. Why not Y-san? At least we know which side she is on. PT is one of the ones we aren't sure about. :o

well i suppose it's 50% either way hades or PT....then lets go for Y-san

I'm pretty sure that he's on the Heroes side...Y-san seemed to have made it a habit of dedicating a paragraph to try to recruit the indies (@ Bb, Kat, GC and I).

edit: Oops, misread :P

Edited by star_tiger

Hey folks. You got me :P

Also, I think the fact that last night was the Era of Heroes worked best for us. After all, our enemies managed to lose a summon on their night, and we still have our night ahead of us. Should we use it sooner or later, though, I guess is the question.

Edited by SomeGuy

Hey folks. You got me :P

Also, I think the fact that last night was the Era of Heroes worked best for us. After all, our enemies managed to lose a summon on their night, and we still have our night ahead of us. Should we use it sooner or later, though, I guess is the question.

Yeah, I thought that as well, but then I remembered that the Age of Heroes is the normal age. The Age of Titans is their age... :duh:

In any case, they lost three summons since that was Hades we hit. :thumbsup:

Oh and glad to see you. We've been having a devil of a time getting you on here. :wacko:

I know you have a lot of catching up to do, but any thoughts on any of the IDs of the remaining mystery characters? GC seems to be supporting us for the most part, so he clearly is an independent. Kat, Bb and PT are more of a mystery. If we can find and defeat Nestor, that will really seal the deal for us (or at least kill a summon or two ;) ).

I know you have a lot of catching up to do, but any thoughts on any of the IDs of the remaining mystery characters? GC seems to be supporting us for the most part, so he clearly is an independent. Kat, Bb and PT are more of a mystery. If we can find and defeat Nestor, that will really seal the deal for us (or at least kill a summon or two ;) ).

I'm not sure if these are right, but I think Kat's Demeter, Bb's Odysseus and GC's Heracles. Does anyone know how many times IDNE has sucessfully lost a summoning?

I'm not sure if these are right, but I think Kat's Demeter, Bb's Odysseus and GC's Heracles. Does anyone know how many times IDNE has sucessfully lost a summoning?

IDNE has been acting the part of Odysseus and he's currently lost two summons to Hades. They were still willing to sacrifice him, so he can't be Nestor (especially since Nestor used a summon to block me last night... :rolleyes: ).

so i screwed up a little with the Hephaestus shield deal. it ends up working out for you guys since (if I remember correctly) dawh or SG would have wound up losing a Summoning, but the other would have kept his shield. Basically, it can't work out that you lose the shield and keep the summoning. either you keep both with that added 25% defense or lose both.

also, i was thinking about replacing ST and decided that I don't really want to do it. If some1 steps up and wants to play, that's fine, but if no one does, here's my plan: if you guys want to keep Mnemosyne you can just powerplay her. If you guys end up dropping her, I'll just take her out of the game.

also, i was thinking about replacing ST and decided that I don't really want to do it. If some1 steps up and wants to play, that's fine, but if no one does, here's my plan: if you guys want to keep Mnemosyne you can just powerplay her. If you guys end up dropping her, I'll just take her out of the game.

that works so we'll just powerplay votes and actions then?