itachi-san

Question

• Answers 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

anyway if you aren't following fully along with the decoded messages

sg only has eros left

i told him to target ysan and nullify her.

hopefully you'll be able to summon ares tonight and prevent SGs death.

anyway if you aren't following fully along with the decoded messages

sg only has eros left

i told him to target ysan and nullify her.

hopefully you'll be able to summon ares tonight and prevent SGs death.

So, you think that I should summon Ares? :unsure:

If I summon Ares, then there is no point to whom I target except to distract them from who we really intend to target next time. At this point, PT seems likely to be Nestor, so when we can deal damage, I would try for him, but I wouldn't play out our had that way if we're intending to summon Ares. In that case, I would target IDNE (so that I can try to get Nestor or Hades tomorrow). They'll probably be defending against it, but it doesn't matter since I won't be doing any damage anyhow.

Poseidon:

Target: IDNE

Summon: Ares

Thoughts, changes?

So, you think that I should summon Ares? :unsure:

If I summon Ares, then there is no point to whom I target except to distract them from who we really intend to target next time. At this point, PT seems likely to be Nestor, so when we can deal damage, I would try for him, but I wouldn't play out our had that way if we're intending to summon Ares. In that case, I would target IDNE (so that I can try to get Nestor or Hades tomorrow). They'll probably be defending against it, but it doesn't matter since I won't be doing any damage anyhow.

Poseidon:

Target: IDNE

Summon: Ares

Thoughts, changes?

yeah I think that looks good.

Here are my guesses tell me if you think i should edit them

Aphrodite will summon Eros and Target Impervious

Aphrodite will target Y-san

Diomedes will summon Briares (This should at least prevent him from trying to block you)

At some point, we need to think ahead and strategize more. As it is, I've been saying all sorts of things on the thread to counteract what Y-san has been saying. I'm trying to discredit her arguments , especially because it's true that she can't do what she says. If it comes to open war, we may have to use the strategy of Sherman's March to the Sea. I've done it before in Real-Time Strategy games. When I don't have the resources to hold the resources, I'm going to deny those resources to you as well. :o

It's not ideal, but if we can't have their resource (votes), then we have no choice but to destroy them. As we will have a much bigger pool of targets, we just have to stay one step ahead of their nullifications as they must get the target exactly to stop the action. If we continue the random targeting of Independents, they will not be able to stop us every time. It, unfortunately, doesn't endear us to the Independents that we are trying to court, but if the chips are down, we will have no choice. This is more of a last resort method, but it's on the table if things keep going the way they are. Of course, I'd rather not advertise this on the thread unless I have to (the possible negative repercussions and all, and I'd at least like to get Mnemosyne on our team officially and in communication with us, before delivering such an ultimatum :ph34r: ).

The other difficulty would be to remove those votes permanently as it is hard to kill most of the Independents. Hades and Demeter would be the easiest and I'd rather have Demeter on our team than kill her, but when push comes to shove, she would be the easiest to get rid of (at least initially). She already has a fair number of summons though. Three from Heracles, two from IDNE and one from SG. That's six, so not an easy target to take down. I hope that she comes around to our way of thinking. :thumbsup:

If we cannot rule the Independents through reason, we may have to rule them through fear. I think that Heracles is the most obvious target for such a display, but we are not certain of who he is. I strongly suspect that he is GC and that Kat is Demeter, but I am not 100% on this. We know that Kat is either Demeter or Mnemosyne since she can't be Heracles. The thing that confuses me is that Nestor and Diomedes are still unaccounted for in my book. PT must be one of them, but I can't place the other one. GC has been voting with us, which is why I think that he is an independent. He would know better than that by now. But where does ST fit into this? Y-san indicated that ST was an independent, but only three of Bb, GC, ST and Kat can be Independents and ST has acted the least like an independent of the four. Kat and Bb have both been very active in saying that they are independents and I strongly suspect that Kat is indeed genuine. Bb has enough guile that it could be all a ruse, but his votes do seem to indicate that he doesn't care which side he votes for...he's just never been enough to help us. :rolleyes: That whole thing with Kat at the end of the day last time has me confused though, as I don't know why she suddenly jumped on the badwagon with Y-san and got so upset with what we were saying. :huh:

That's probably (way too much :wacko: ) enough for now.

At some point, we need to think ahead and strategize more. As it is, I've been saying all sorts of things on the thread to counteract what Y-san has been saying. I'm trying to discredit her arguments , especially because it's true that she can't do what she says. If it comes to open war, we may have to use the strategy of Sherman's March to the Sea. I've done it before in Real-Time Strategy games. When I don't have the resources to hold the resources, I'm going to deny those resources to you as well. :o

It's not ideal, but if we can't have their resource (votes), then we have no choice but to destroy them. As we will have a much bigger pool of targets, we just have to stay one step ahead of their nullifications as they must get the target exactly to stop the action. If we continue the random targeting of Independents, they will not be able to stop us every time. It, unfortunately, doesn't endear us to the Independents that we are trying to court, but if the chips are down, we will have no choice. This is more of a last resort method, but it's on the table if things keep going the way they are. Of course, I'd rather not advertise this on the thread unless I have to (the possible negative repercussions and all, and I'd at least like to get Mnemosyne on our team officially and in communication with us, before delivering such an ultimatum :ph34r: ).

The other difficulty would be to remove those votes permanently as it is hard to kill most of the Independents. Hades and Demeter would be the easiest and I'd rather have Demeter on our team than kill her, but when push comes to shove, she would be the easiest to get rid of (at least initially). She already has a fair number of summons though. Three from Heracles, two from IDNE and one from SG. That's six, so not an easy target to take down. I hope that she comes around to our way of thinking. :thumbsup:

If we cannot rule the Independents through reason, we may have to rule them through fear. I think that Heracles is the most obvious target for such a display, but we are not certain of who he is. I strongly suspect that he is GC and that Kat is Demeter, but I am not 100% on this. We know that Kat is either Demeter or Mnemosyne since she can't be Heracles. The thing that confuses me is that Nestor and Diomedes are still unaccounted for in my book. PT must be one of them, but I can't place the other one. GC has been voting with us, which is why I think that he is an independent. He would know better than that by now. But where does ST fit into this? Y-san indicated that ST was an independent, but only three of Bb, GC, ST and Kat can be Independents and ST has acted the least like an independent of the four. Kat and Bb have both been very active in saying that they are independents and I strongly suspect that Kat is indeed genuine. Bb has enough guile that it could be all a ruse, but his votes do seem to indicate that he doesn't care which side he votes for...he's just never been enough to help us. :rolleyes: That whole thing with Kat at the end of the day last time has me confused though, as I don't know why she suddenly jumped on the badwagon with Y-san and got so upset with what we were saying. :huh:

That's probably (way too much :wacko: ) enough for now.

I have a thought as to how we can get mnemosyne and aphrodite in one shot. if our guesses work correctly tonight then we only need one more for aphrodite. if you summon ares and have him end the day shortly (5 mins or less) and have at least one of us on standby to vote for the day as soon as the night post is in. I'll already make it known that i want so sacrifice ananke to mnemosyne. so at the end of night 6 we should have aphrodite and the beginning of 7 we should have mnemosyne. I think kat is a Hero, not an olympiam

i thing PT is the other hero as well

making y-san, ST,GC and Bb the indys

personally i'd like to kill hades-san.if we do it right we can still win this thing.

I have a thought as to how we can get mnemosyne and aphrodite in one shot. if our guesses work correctly tonight then we only need one more for aphrodite. if you summon ares and have him end the day shortly (5 mins or less) and have at least one of us on standby to vote for the day as soon as the night post is in. I'll already make it known that i want so sacrifice ananke to mnemosyne. so at the end of night 6 we should have aphrodite and the beginning of 7 we should have mnemosyne. I think kat is a Hero, not an olympiam

i thing PT is the other hero as well

making y-san, ST,GC and Bb the indys

personally i'd like to kill hades-san.if we do it right we can still win this thing.

I assume you mean Apollo, but I get your drift. Unfortunately, I've tried that (with a half hour window) and Nestor was waiting for me. Between Nestor and Odysseus, they can always be wasting a guess (if they want) to prevent me from ever succeeding in using Apollo's ability. I don't know if that is what they are doing, but it is a difficulty that we must figure out how to overcome. I suppose that as long as you have three guesses the next night, you can use one to get Aphrodite and the other two can be used to stop Nestor and Odysseus from stopping me. Then we can finish the sacrifice quickly and get what we want. At that point, the focus of the game will change. :o

I assume you mean Apollo, but I get your drift. Unfortunately, I've tried that (with a half hour window) and Nestor was waiting for me. Between Nestor and Odysseus, they can always be wasting a guess (if they want) to prevent me from ever succeeding in using Apollo's ability. I don't know if that is what they are doing, but it is a difficulty that we must figure out how to overcome. I suppose that as long as you have three guesses the next night, you can use one to get Aphrodite and the other two can be used to stop Nestor and Odysseus from stopping me. Then we can finish the sacrifice quickly and get what we want. At that point, the focus of the game will change. :o

That's exactly what i was thinking. :D

itachi, if the action was blocked due to a guess, would it count as an incorrect guess on my part?

it would still count as a correct guess. I need to add something to the night though. Mnemosyne blocked one of your guesses: the 2nd one. you got the first one about Aphrodite and the 3rd one about Diomedes correct though ;)

Edit: actually, I was going to make an addendum but then realized it would completely give you away to Mnemosyne so I'm still leaving it out.

Edit 2: also, probably needless to say, you lost Hermes and then luckily got him instantly back B))

it would still count as a correct guess. I need to add something to the night though. Mnemosyne blocked one of your guesses: the 2nd one. you got the first one about Aphrodite and the 3rd one about Diomedes correct though ;)

Edit: actually, I was going to make an addendum but then realized it would completely give you away to Mnemosyne so I'm still leaving it out.

Edit 2: also, probably needless to say, you lost Hermes and then luckily got him instantly back B))

is guessing the player's vote for the age applicable for recruiting?

That was annoying... :rolleyes: Mnemosyne doesn't seem terribly inclined to be recruited if he's blocking you. That screws with our plan to use your extra guesses to prevent the Heroes from stopping Apollo. Now we need four guesses to do it (at least) and you aren't even guaranteed three. We'll have to plan this out carefully and try to figure out the best way to try to do it. Well, preventing Diomedes from stopping Apollo in the coming night will likely give us an ID on him, which will help since we don't actually know anything other than SG, IDNE and Y-san. :o Tonight, it might be very important to figure out the order of your guesses, as the third isn't guaranteed and if Mnemosyne blocks one again, we'll have to try to guess which one he'll try.

At least you got Hermes right back. :)

That was annoying... :rolleyes: Mnemosyne doesn't seem terribly inclined to be recruited if he's blocking you. That screws with our plan to use your extra guesses to prevent the Heroes from stopping Apollo. Now we need four guesses to do it (at least) and you aren't even guaranteed three. We'll have to plan this out carefully and try to figure out the best way to try to do it. Well, preventing Diomedes from stopping Apollo in the coming night will likely give us an ID on him, which will help since we don't actually know anything other than SG, IDNE and Y-san. :o Tonight, it might be very important to figure out the order of your guesses, as the third isn't guaranteed and if Mnemosyne blocks one again, we'll have to try to guess which one he'll try.

At least you got Hermes right back. :)

indeed, PT seems to know our code now...ugh

I don't know if what I say counts, but I assume that Impervious would sacrifice Ananke to Mnemosyne's altar.

well, he'll have to be happy since it's that or nothing ;) and you guys got lucky with the 25% chance. :thumbsup: ..you can thank random.org later.. if it helps, that's the move I would have went with B))

Good work dawh ;) you guys will soon have star_tiger joining the ranks as Mnemosyne and the game just got a whole lot better in the process :D

i agree...

dawh...i personally despise just about everyone else right now...except for SG and s-t...minus her messing things up last night...

Bb especially now...

i agree...

dawh...i personally despise just about everyone else right now...except for SG and s-t...minus her messing things up last night...

Bb especially now...

Me messing up? :rolleyes: *sigh* Great to join the team :)

yeah we could have had aphrodite by tonight but you blocked one of my guesses....

Good to have you with us star_tiger. :thumbsup:

So what is our tactic going to be right now? Are we going to go for votes again, or go on the attack? What do you think that the others expect us to do? We have to go one more step down the WIFOM path than they do... ;)

Considering that we just got Mnemosyne, they may expect us to use her abilities to go on the assault, but we may be able to get a vote in for Demeter tomorrow by using the Apollo tactic. Of course, we don't have the nullifying guesses to guarantee success if we also want to try to get SG to join us here in the BTSC. What route should we take? :unsure:

Good to have you with us star_tiger. :thumbsup:

So what is our tactic going to be right now? Are we going to go for votes again, or go on the attack? What do you think that the others expect us to do? We have to go one more step down the WIFOM path than they do... ;)

Considering that we just got Mnemosyne, they may expect us to use her abilities to go on the assault, but we may be able to get a vote in for Demeter tomorrow by using the Apollo tactic. Of course, we don't have the nullifying guesses to guarantee success if we also want to try to get SG to join us here in the BTSC. What route should we take? :unsure:

we need to know what actions mnemosyne has left.