BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

itachi-san

Question

• Answers 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Well, if they're trying to gain BTSC with their third member tonight, they would be using guesses in that regard and they wouldn't be able to guess regarding what you or I will be doing. In that case, I think that you should boost me and I will go after SG. That way, he will not have any summons left. However, if we expect them to be saving a guess for something like that, I think that attacking IDNE with Athena would be less likely for them to predict.

Well he only gets two guesses tonight, so I highly doubt that he'd use them to stop me so he can gain BTSC. So yeah Ill boost you tonight. Hopefully Aphrodite will target me tonight so i can get at least one guess. and i thinki may guess that herc will save me again. so we can try to ID him as well.

Well he only gets two guesses tonight, so I highly doubt that he'd use them to stop me so he can gain BTSC. So yeah Ill boost you tonight. Hopefully Aphrodite will target me tonight so i can get at least one guess. and i thinki may guess that herc will save me again. so we can try to ID him as well.

So to sum up our actions...

Zeus:

Guesses:

1. Aphrodite will target Impervious.

2. Hercules will target Impervious.

Summon:

Hebe: Poseidon

Poseidon:

Target: SomeGuy

Summon: ????

Should I summon anyone? Obviously don't want Ares as we are going on the attack, but I could summon either Apollo or Athena to affect the course of the day. What do you think?

I'm also a little unsure about the guesses, as Aphrodite didn't target you last night, so what is to say that she will tonight? We could hope that that will come through, or else we should probably try to mess with Odysseus somehow. Send his guesses awry or something. :ph34r:

Do we know what the deal is between IDNE and Y-san sending coded messages to each other? I can't imagine that they are sending them on the thread and talking about something off-topic. I don't have time to crack them right now (and I'm not that good at it anyway :o ), but here they are all together if you want to take a closer look at them:

Y-san:

Only two guesses for the leaders I guess...

Oh, IDNE, about that puzzle: Try these numbers...

2.3, 7.1, 14.3, 17.2, 23.3, 23, 3.1, 15.3, 3.1, 5.4, 39.3, 39.4, 38, 60, 61.5, 52.3, 57.1, 55.3, 177, 74, 45, 55.2, 54.2, 53.3, 57, 58, 75, 79.3, 55, 67.3, 69.1, 77.2, 25, 43.1, 40.1, 42.1, 48, 49.3, 3.2, 2.2, 6.1, 35.1, 35.2, 41.3, 36.3, 21. 173, 77.1, 116.2, 117.2, 115.1, 116.1,171, 48, 45, 50, 60, 44.1, 16.1, 16.1, 16.3, 31.1, 65.1, 64.3, 15.3, 15.2, 28.2, 41.3

In a hurry, so there may be some errors in my calculations...let me know if you get my drift...;P

IDNE:

Wow, I am really interested to see how this whole Chaos thing will play out. Do we know if either side has BTSC yet? Will we know for sure when that happens? This game needs some team organization.

lol, you like to make everything so difficult. Only you could get that out of this laugh.gif :

dtmazuwisfdqwevrqrwvznwuzaqragvgravtaisccuxiactentsvixgwhroccuxiamgplbkymtuwphip

ovmoachahbmqyaesvertsvmntkkxhlcwvnhznmflctyptfchexwnp

You just have to make everything so complicated, dont you tongue.gif

I wish that I had the talent you had for puzzle making though. Alas, I am unable to take the time to figure out how you did this. We should talk more after this game is over.

Y-san:

*Sigh* I just like to dance to the beat of my own drummer ;P

kgplvkcwsnmkrggvcxiainpiswghdnkjpafhpmguhkrsgschaarvvirrvstrzncohgkrcrrcah

vguicbbfsngvgvofhgvaardfhnrgwiftkvsgopcwnmucohgjsuyruymzcpvhrocrdnhvecxgqqetiamw

v

znfobgvvhroasufvqylqbwplvtaerrgcrdnhjinnwymlybwplvtatofskhoagcxtnqmwoaiuxeyzoiis

h

jmsvgqoal

Edit: Here's IDNE's newest one...

Mqycbgvysohugblhcvgrhkrgqoyliagviaqweenacvysrfjianztiaqmuecewhmcrrhsruofis

vcppyasghoasqjybitecgwqrsgciitohugmlcvleeuwisfwymlyiuitbqcrcrzrssrwfsnfovleao

ylonfgcohhcvgrhkrgnbfaigvylaghcvgrhkrgzsymtuhjibbcuxifdqmngzgws

EDIT: What time does this night end?

There was a mention of puzzles between the two of them earlier on the thread (which may be helpful to breaking these), but I don't have time to go back and search for them. :wacko:

Edited by dawh

I guess our actions for tonight will be as follows (unless of course Impervious gets on with any better ideas):

Zeus:

Guesses:

Summon:

Poseidon:

Summon: Apollo (day ends 30 minutes after night post)

I hope that gives me the right window of operation...

Impervious, if you get on soon, feel free to change the end of day time to be whatever you think necessary (or even change the summon if you think that would be better). I should be checking it periodically, but I should agree with whatever you decide.

I guess our actions for tonight will be as follows (unless of course Impervious gets on with any better ideas):

Zeus:

Guesses:

Summon:

Poseidon:

Summon: Apollo (day ends 30 minutes after night post)

I hope that gives me the right window of operation...

Impervious, if you get on soon, feel free to change the end of day time to be whatever you think necessary (or even change the summon if you think that would be better). I should be checking it periodically, but I should agree with whatever you decide.

its good. sorry i've been filming all day and just now got to my computer.. no clue what the code is...dont have time to crack it either.

Neither guess was correct :(

So I noticed... :rolleyes:

We've been doing really badly with guessing, while it seems likely that Odysseus is doing much better. So while we're busy guessing who everyone is, Odysseus already knows many IDs (maybe even mine by now... :o ).

So I noticed... :rolleyes:

We've been doing really badly with guessing, while it seems likely that Odysseus is doing much better. So while we're busy guessing who everyone is, Odysseus already knows many IDs (maybe even mine by now... :o ).

yeah tell me about it, i'm already starting to feel discouraged by Y-san and IDNE's communication and such..

yeah tell me about it, i'm already starting to feel discouraged by Y-san and IDNE's communication and such..

What we really need is to remove Nestor from the equation somehow. Y-san has just said that SG is Aphrodite and I don't know if that was to confuse us, but we'll know for certain (as will everyone else) if you request Mnemosyne. That might help us if he joins our team.

I wish I had time to crack that code... :(

Well, it seems like Y-san is determined to side with the "Heroes," so maybe she should be our new target. I think that tonight, we should either try to send a message to Aphrodite immediately (so that it can't be intercepted) or we should double-team Y-san and try to sap 6 summons out of her. If she wasn't already on IDNE's team at that point, she would be much less desirable/useful to them. :ph34r:

One only hopes that they don't see that coming... :unsure:

Well, it seems like Y-san is determined to side with the "Heroes," so maybe she should be our new target. I think that tonight, we should either try to send a message to Aphrodite immediately (so that it can't be intercepted) or we should double-team Y-san and try to sap 6 summons out of her. If she wasn't already on IDNE's team at that point, she would be much less desirable/useful to them. :ph34r:

One only hopes that they don't see that coming... :unsure:

Here's my actions for night 5

Zeus:Impervious

guesses:

1) Aphrodite will target dawh

2) Aphrodite will summon dionysus and target impervious

2) Aphrodite will summon eros and target impervious

Summon: Hermes

Target: Aphrodite

My dearest Aphrodite,

As I'm sure you can assume, myself and Poseidon already have BTSC, now we need to get you to join us. In order to be able to identify and protect you I'll have you do the same thing Poseidon did. In your first day post have the word 'demise' in your post. We need to plan tonight very carefully. Target dawh with a 100% attack tonight. Summon Dionysus And target Impervious (me) and direct the attack to Y-san. If you summoned Dionysus last night then summon Eros and have him target me and direct it to protect dawh.

For the next night target me with 100% boost to accuracy unless I say in a post "offsides" in which case, nullify Y-san.

Hopefully this all works out and we see you soon.

Zeus

Also: use this cypher so we can openly send messages back and forth on the forum:

http://www.braingle.com/brainteasers/codes/keyword.php

keyword: graphicdesign

ckkp buan

I think you should target IDNE with an attack or y-san, you're choice

and summon athena for the day

Edited by Impervious

Here's my actions for night 5

Zeus:Impervious

guesses:

1) Aphrodite will target dawh

2) Aphrodite will summon dionysus and target impervious

2) Aphrodite will summon eros and target impervious

My dearest Aphrodite,

As I'm sure you can assume, myself and Poseidon already have BTSC, now we need to get you to join us. In order to be able to identify and protect you I'll have you do the same thing Poseidon did. In your first day post have the word 'demise' in your post. We need to plan tonight very carefully. Target dawh with a 100% attack tonight. Summon Dionysus And target Impervious (me) and direct the attack to Y-san. If you summoned Dionysus last night then summon Eros and have him target me and direct it to protect dawh.

For the next night target me with 100% boost to accuracy unless I say in a post "offsides" in which case, nullify Y-san.

Zeus

Also: use this cypher so we can openly send messages back and forth on the forum:

ckkp buan

I think you should target IDNE with an attack or y-san, you're choice

and summon athena for the day

One problem with your strategy is that you are telling Aphrodite to summon based upon who she already summoned. If SG is Aphrodite, then he only has one summon (and he hasn't used it, so we don't know which one... :( ) so I think that a better guess would be that Aphrodite will not summon anyone and change the message so that he can tell us which summon he still has so that he can use it tomorrow...maybe we'll get things right this time around, but chances are, now that people know who everyone is, he's more likely to summon, so I'm not sure... :unsure:

One problem with your strategy is that you are telling Aphrodite to summon based upon who she already summoned. If SG is Aphrodite, then he only has one summon (and he hasn't used it, so we don't know which one... :( ) so I think that a better guess would be that Aphrodite will not summon anyone and change the message so that he can tell us which summon he still has so that he can use it tomorrow...maybe we'll get things right this time around, but chances are, now that people know who everyone is, he's more likely to summon, so I'm not sure... :unsure:

Good point

Itachi: can I send the message to Aphrodite before selecting my guesses?

Good point

Itachi: can I send the message to Aphrodite before selecting my guesses?

sure, but I made one thing clear on the other BTSC Forum, so I need to do it here too. I won't/can't accept night actions before it is officially night. reason being: messengers need at least some time to be sent so they can't be nullified before the night even begins. so you can send a message first, but it has to be posted after the night officially begins. you can just log on and link to the message you have already written if you want. then i will use the timing of the posts to determine what happens and what gets nullified. thanks!

sure, but I made one thing clear on the other BTSC Forum, so I need to do it here too. I won't/can't accept night actions before it is officially night. reason being: messengers need at least some time to be sent so they can't be nullified before the night even begins. so you can send a message first, but it has to be posted after the night officially begins. you can just log on and link to the message you have already written if you want. then i will use the timing of the posts to determine what happens and what gets nullified. thanks!

i figured as much. thanks itachi!

dawh, what do you think.

My dearest Aphrodite,

For the next night target me with 100% boost to accuracy unless I say in a post "offsides" in which case, nullify Y-san. I know you've been attacked so if you can let us know which summon you let go of it'll give me a third guess to try to nullify the other side.

Zeus

ckkp buan

My dearest Aphrodite,

For the next night target me with 100% boost to accuracy unless I say in a post "offsides" in which case, nullify Y-san. I know you've been attacked so if you can let us know which summon you let go of it'll give me a third guess to try to nullify the other side.

Zeus

ckkp buan