BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

itachi-san

Question

• Answers 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

phew... all better... :blink:

Thanks for clearing that up; I imagine there are always tons of things to check make sure the post is ready... ;)

On to business. Either SG doesn't know which side IDNE is on, or PT appears to be our missing ally. I guess that one of your guesses should be that Aphrodite will target you since she has been doing so for the past two nights...and you might want to nullify that unless you think that Heracles will stop her yet again. :wacko:

As for your other guesses, you were planning to send Aphrodite a message through Hermes and the sooner you send it the better or else Odysseus will likely try to block it. Of course, you could try to block Odysseus by guessing that he will guess that you send a message to Aphrodite. SG seemed fairly confident that IDNE was on his team, which could mean that they already have BTSC, but regardless, we have to try and interrupt them somehow from joining together. If we can figure out what Aphrodite will do, we might be able to get her to join us tomorrow. Should we guess that Eros will target GC again as well? :unsure:

I don't have my spreadsheet with me right now, so I can't give you a breakdown on what I think we should do based on it, but here are some initial thoughts. What do you think? I'm not sure which era we want. Do we want Odysseus to be powerful tonight and allow him an easier time recruiting (to our own disadvantage), or do we want to limit you both equally tonight to slow his recruitment efforts and then let him be powerful tomorrow night? :o Either way, you're guaranteed to only get two guesses for these two nights. We'd better make them good.

I think that we should vote for the age of Titans tonight, none of my ideas revolve around killing anyone...yet....

Here's my thoguhts:

Guess 1: Aphrodite will target me

Guess 2: Odysseus will guess that Hermes will target Aphrodite

Summon: Hermes

Target: Aphrodite

My dearest Aphrodite,

As I'm sure you can assume, myself and Poseidon are already have BTSC, now we need to get you to join us. In order to be able to identify and protect you I'll have you do the same thing Poseidon did. In your first day post have the word 'demise' in your post. As I only have two guesses tonight and Night 4, we need to plan night 4 very carefully. If you did not target Impervious Night 3 as I have guessed, The we won't beable to get you with us until Night 5. However knowing who you are will better help us to protect you. If you look through Day 1 posts you will also see 'demise' in a couple posts identifying us. Back to the plan. If you DID target Impervious (not targeted with a summon) The do one of the following pending you action Night 3:

1 :If you summoned Eros then Target Impervious with Dionysus and direct the protecting to dawh

2 :If you summoned Dioonysus then target dawh and direct the attack to IDNE

If the post does not make it apparent which you summoned then insert mispelled versions of one or two (oen)(tow) lettign us know which you summoned night 3.

Furthermore, target dawh with a 100% boost to accuracy Night 4 and if we do not see you in the BTSC forum following that night:

follow the instructions for night 4 on night 5, with the minor alteration of targeting SG with a nullification, and we'll definitely have it.

Hopefully this all works out and we see you soon.

Zeus

Itachi: In the matter of Aphrodite's redirects; do we have to guess who she redirects to as well or just that she targets a specific player with the summon?

Also: does she have to target a specific summon inorder to bosst the effectiveness (artemis) or just myself?

So as for what I should do, we can try to end the day by my summoning Apollo, but since he's the only one I can summon tonight, chances are that will be blocked (by Diomedes or Odysseus). As for who to target, IDNE is an obvious choice, but I worry that he would expect Poseidon to target him now that he's had Poseidon stop him from being sacrificed. I'm not sure where ST is in all of this; I haven't got anything on her in my spreadsheet. Her actions seem to indicate her being on IDNE's side. Unless you have a better idea, I think I'll go after her.

As for your night actions, I agree with most of it, but I think that the your instructions to Aphrodite should be a little clearer; (actually, I'm not sure what you are trying to say... :huh: ):

...The[n] do one of the following pending you action Night 3:

1 :If you summon Eros [on Night 4?] then target Impervious with Dionysus [Dionysus doesn't protect] and direct the protecting to dawh

2 :If you summoned Dionysus then target dawh and direct the attack to IDNE

(It think that) what you want is something like:

1. If you summoned Eros on night 3, then target dawh with Dionysus on night 4 and direct the attack to IDNE.

2. If you summoned Dionysus on night 3, then target Impervious with Eros and direct him to protect dawh.

Is that what you were trying to say? :unsure:

Otherwise, I think that it should work. :thumbsup:

So as for what I should do, we can try to end the day by my summoning Apollo, but since he's the only one I can summon tonight, chances are that will be blocked (by Diomedes or Odysseus). As for who to target, IDNE is an obvious choice, but I worry that he would expect Poseidon to target him now that he's had Poseidon stop him from being sacrificed. I'm not sure where ST is in all of this; I haven't got anything on her in my spreadsheet. Her actions seem to indicate her being on IDNE's side. Unless you have a better idea, I think I'll go after her.

As for your night actions, I agree with most of it, but I think that the your instructions to Aphrodite should be a little clearer; (actually, I'm not sure what you are trying to say... :huh: ):

...The[n] do one of the following pending you action Night 3:

1 :If you summon Eros [on Night 4?] then target Impervious with Dionysus [Dionysus doesn't protect] and direct the protecting to dawh

2 :If you summoned Dionysus then target dawh and direct the attack to IDNE

(It think that) what you want is something like:

1. If you summoned Eros on night 3, then target dawh with Dionysus on night 4 and direct the attack to IDNE.

2. If you summoned Dionysus on night 3, then target Impervious with Eros and direct him to protect dawh.

Is that what you were trying to say? :unsure:

Otherwise, I think that it should work. :thumbsup:

is this better? ITACHI: we'll post a final action post when we're set :)

Also I think that ST is a good target as we've no clue who she is. She could very well be Heracles though, seeing as how he's been messing with Kat and they are friends IRL...And don't summon Apollo, let Odysseus waste a guess and not have a chance to ID you.

My dearest Aphrodite,

As I'm sure you can assume, myself and Poseidon are already have BTSC, now we need to get you to join us. In order to be able to identify and protect you I'll have you do the same thing Poseidon did. In your first day post have the word 'demise' in your post. As I only have two guesses tonight and Night 4, we need to plan night 4 very carefully. If you did not target Impervious Night 3 as I have guessed, The we won't beable to get you with us until Night 5. However knowing who you are will better help us to protect you. If you look through Day 1 posts you will also see 'demise' in a couple posts identifying us. Back to the plan. If you DID target Impervious (not targeted with a summon) The do one of the following pending you action Night 3:

If the post does not make it apparent which you summoned then insert misspelled versions of one or two (oen)(tow) letting us know which you summoned night 3.

Furthermore, target dawh with a 100% boost to accuracy Night 4 and if we do not see you in the BTSC forum following that night:

follow the instructions for night 4 on night 5, with the minor alteration of targeting SG with a nullification, and we'll definitely have it.

Zeus

I think that the above version of actions for Zeus will work Itachi and I'll add my actions here:

Poseidon

Target: star_tiger

Summon: none

Also, I think Impervious and I agreed to vote for the Age of Titans, but he can correct it if he wants. I'll vote for whatever he decides in that regard.

Hope that gives you everything you need. ;)

Night 3

Zeus: Impervious

My dearest Aphrodite,

If the post does not make it apparent which you summoned then insert misspelled versions of one or two (oen)(tow) letting us know which you summoned night 3.

Zeus

Poseidon: dawh

Vote: Age of Titans X2

Night 3

Zeus: Impervious

My dearest Aphrodite,

Zeus

Poseidon: dawh

Vote: Age of Titans X2

I don't know if it matters, or if we can, but could/should we say that we want to nullify Odysseus' guess? It doesn't seem like that would work the way that Itachi played night 1. Since you sent Hermes before Odysseus tried to nullify it, Hermes was still able to get his message to me. If we play by those rules, then if Odysseus predicts that Zeus will send Hermes to Aphrodite before you sent the message, then he's already made his move so it would nullify your action and since he did it before we tried to nullify it, our nullification wouldn't work...if that makes any sense :wacko: . That's not necessarily how it worked in the previous games as I remember one night in BFMOII where the Minotaur came to SG's rescue, just to fall into a trap laid by Odysseus and then Diomedes fell into a trap set by Hades...I guess that's not quite the same thing :unsure: .

It just seems that we should be nullifying one or both of those actions to protect you and our message.

The only time this issue comes up is with the messages. Since they are meant to be sent the moment they are posted and thus have an impact on the night, I have no choice but to do things the way they are being done, which is that they may be nullified, but only if the nullifaction guess is posted before the message post. I base it solely on the timing of the posts.

argh

Bleh...

What we need now is for you to finalize the message during this day so that we can send it immediately two days from now (the next time we can summon Hermes :rolleyes: ).

The vote looks promising, but I'll wait before considering it in the bag. I think that as long as things stay the way they are, I might try casting a vote for someone else to confuse people about my ID. B))

So are you going after Hades for the sacrifice? Of course, there may be no sacrifice at all since if IDNE and SG get on in time to vote, they can cancel it (with 1/3 chance :dry: ).

Edit: I say Hades of course because if he joins the other side, that leaves three people against us who can nullify Hermes in some fashion. It seems clear from their actions last night that Nestor and Odysseus are communicating since only one of them tried to freeze Hermes (and succeeded :rolleyes: ). That's called coordination.

Edited by dawh

So are you going after Hades for the sacrifice? Of course, there may be no sacrifice at all since if IDNE and SG get on in time to vote, they can cancel it (with 1/3 chance :dry: ).

Edit: I say Hades of course because if he joins the other side, that leaves three people against us who can nullify Hermes in some fashion. It seems clear from their actions last night that Nestor and Odysseus are communicating since only one of them tried to freeze Hermes (and succeeded :rolleyes: ). That's called coordination.

exactly which means that most likely that pair is IDNE and SG

not exactly sure what Y-san is playing at right now, i thought her to be demeter, but now i'm no so sure.

But Definitely Hades, who i'm almost certain is Bb

sacrifice ananke for Hades

That was a weird twist at the end...I thought PT was on our side. :huh:

We need to go on something of an offensive tonight and try to hold IDNE and SG at bay. If he's been doing the same thing that you've been trying to do, we likely already missed our opportunity to stop him from contacting Diomedes. I'm not sure what our tact should be though. Both you and Odysseus only have two guesses, so we'll have to see what damage we can do.

That was a weird twist at the end...I thought PT was on our side. :huh:

We need to go on something of an offensive tonight and try to hold IDNE and SG at bay. If he's been doing the same thing that you've been trying to do, we likely already missed our opportunity to stop him from contacting Diomedes. I'm not sure what our tact should be though. Both you and Odysseus only have two guesses, so we'll have to see what damage we can do.

im sending athena after IDNE....it was obviously the agae of titans last night so tonight he's fair game.

or i could always target you with hebe and have you attach IDNE or sg...

im sending athena after IDNE....it was obviously the agae of titans last night so tonight he's fair game.

or i could always target you with hebe and have you attach IDNE or sg...

Well, if they're trying to gain BTSC with their third member tonight, they would be using guesses in that regard and they wouldn't be able to guess regarding what you or I will be doing. In that case, I think that you should boost me and I will go after SG. That way, he will not have any summons left. However, if we expect them to be saving a guess for something like that, I think that attacking IDNE with Athena would be less likely for them to predict.