BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

itachi-san

Question

• Answers 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Let me know your Night 1 actions. You should now have access to this Forum.

I am so ready for this game to get on its way. Looks great!

You hopefully will receive a message from me soon with my guesses and summon. Here are my decisions again, although I will only rewrite my message if you request it.

Guesses:

1. Zeus will summon Hermes

2. Hades will summon Argus

3. Hades/Argus will target Brandonb (I only get 2 guesses for this era, correct?)

Summon: Oceanus, send message to Hades (in PM)

Era: Age of the Olympians

I am so ready for this game to get on its way. Looks great!

You hopefully will receive a message from me soon with my guesses and summon. Here are my decisions again, although I will only rewrite my message if you request it.

Guesses:

1. Zeus will summon Hermes

2. Hades will summon Argus

3. Hades/Argus will target Brandonb (I only get 2 guesses for this era, correct?)

Summon: Oceanus, send message to Hades (in PM)

Era: Age of the Olympians

please provide 3 guesses, since there's no way to know which era it will be.

this is just your pm:

I am free to open up a new topic in the goodies forum, correct?

Questions:

When I send a message using Oceanus, I send it to a character not a player correct (I am fairly certain I am reading the RDs correctly on this, I just want to make certain)?

And, when making a guess, I pick a character for the person taking the action, the action they will take and the Player whom they will target.

If this is all correct, here are my guesses...

1. Hades will summon Argus

2. Hades will target Brandonb

3. Zeus will use hermes

For tonight, I will summon Oceanus and send a message to Hades:

"Hey, sorry I killed you. No hard feelings, k? happy.gif Looks like things have turned out pretty well for you anyway. Honestly, I only took you out by luck in that last game, you could probably tear me apart now. What say we join forces and take out that egotistic brother of yours, huh?

If you agree with my proposal, use the word "sacriffiice", spelled just like that, in one of your posts. In that same sentence, include a number indicating the player whom you wish to target that night with your summoning. The number of words in the sentence will indicate the summoning that you are to utilize against the player.

I have choosen you because you are the best. I trust that you will join me as opposed to remaining a lonely independent without BTSC."

If this message indicates any misunderstanding of the rules, please, let me know ASAP. Thanks thumbsup.gif I really look forward to this game.

Guesses

3. Zeus will use hermes

Summon: Oceanus-> Hades:

"Hey, sorry I killed you. No hard feelings, k? happy.gif Looks like things have turned out pretty well for you anyway. Honestly, I only took you out by luck in that last game, you could probably tear me apart now. What say we join forces and take out that egotistic brother of yours, huh?

If you agree with my proposal, use the word "sacriffiice", spelled just like that, in one of your posts. In that same sentence, include a number indicating the player whom you wish to target that night with your summoning. The number of words in the sentence will indicate the summoning that you are to utilize against the player.

I have choosen you because you are the best. I trust that you will join me as opposed to remaining a lonely independent without BTSC."

If these choices indicate any misunderstanding of the rules, please, let me know ASAP. Thanks :thumbsup: I really look forward to this game.

I am not sure how cronus works, or what the point is, can you give me an example?

If an independent is chosen for the sacrifice, can they choose to join one of the groups?

Is there a limit to the independents that can join a team, or is it just the amount of sacrifices you are willing to make?

I am not sure how cronus works, or what the point is, can you give me an example?

When you use him, post it here. I will then send you a random action from the ones I have received up until that point. If no actions have been sent in by that time, you can ask later to use him a second time. So basically, you will know one definite action that will occur that night.

If an independent is chosen for the sacrifice, can they choose to join one of the groups?
no, they just lose a Summoning.

Is there a limit to the independents that can join a team, or is it just the amount of sacrifices you are willing to make?
2 max. but they can be lost. it's in the Game Rules.

About the Oceanus message, you can write whatever you want, literally. If you request someone to do something that violates a rule, well, then it won't happen ;)

Guesses

3. Zeus will use hermes

guesses 1 and 3 need to be more specific. Argus spy on who? and Hermes message to who? -I know it's ridiculously hard right now to predict all that, but it will get easier as the game progresses and there are less choices. ;)

Also, I need an Era vote.

guesses 1 and 3 need to be more specific. Argus spy on who? and Hermes message to who? -I know it's ridiculously hard right now to predict all that, but it will get easier as the game progresses and there are less choices. ;)

Also, I need an Era vote.

Guesses

1. Hades will summon Argus to target Brandonb

2. Hades will summon Argus to target Impervious

3. Zeus will use hermes to target Hades

Era: Age of the Olympians (sorry, it was at the bottom of my first post)

Summon: Oceanus-> Hades

If you agree with my proposal, use the word "sacriffiice", spelled just like that, in one of your posts. In that same sentence, include a number indicating the player whom you wish to target that night with your summoning. The number of words in the sentence will indicate the summoning that you are to utilize against the player. You are also to target this same person with your kill if you wish to gain BTSC quickly.

Edited by IDoNotExist

With the new information that I just received, do I still have time to change my guesses?

GUESSES:

1. Hades will target Grey Cells for his kill

2. Hades will use Siren to target Grey Cells

3. Zeus will use Hermes to send a message to Poseidon

Edited by IDoNotExist

With the new information that I just received, do I still have time to change my guesses?

GUESSES:

Of course ;) It's not really final until 24 hours are up. But once I send a message, that's it for Oceanus, no backsies :P . Before each night post, i'll make a post saying that the night is officially over.

GUESSES:

one thing though. you need to tell me if you want the actions nullified or not. please specify for each one. also, you will not be able to nullify a message (like #3) if that message was already sent.

GUESSES:

1. Hades will target Grey Cells for his kill- No Cancel

2. Hades will use Siren to target Grey Cells- No Cancel

3. Zeus will use Hermes to send a message to Poseidon- Cancel

just making sure about this. the only way to recruit Independents is by Offerings.

Dang it! I did not know that! shoot. -_- There goes my strategy. So I have to give up my own abilities each time I want to get someone on my team? So basically, there is no reason for me to keep my role a secret and I want people to vote for me. What is the purpose of guessing someone's actions and not nullifying them then? I know that after I guess two correctly I know the character's ID, correct, but why a third time?

just making sure about this. the only way to recruit Independents is by Offerings.

Dang it! I did not know that! shoot. -_- There goes my strategy. So I have to give up my own abilities each time I want to get someone on my team? So basically, there is no reason for me to keep my role a secret and I want people to vote for me. What is the purpose of guessing someone's actions and not nullifying them then? I know that after I guess two correctly I know the character's ID, correct, but why a third time?

Explain this then...

That first guess does not have to be a nullification, but it does have to be accurate to continue. Continue to what? It will take 2 correct Character action guesses to earn an ID. --->>And it will take 3 correct Character actions to gain a recruitment.<<--- Recruitment can be obtained in two Nights however. For Example: Night 1, Odysseus may guess that Poseidon will target itachi. For his second guess, he may predict that Poseidon will Summon Ares. If both are correct, Odysseus will gain an ID.

That line does not make sense then and my plan is screwed. If I completely misread this, than my only choice is to try to stop Zeus and the other Olympians.

Guesses=

1. Zeus will use Hermes to contact Aphrodite

2. Zeus will use Hermes to contact Poseidon

3. Demeter will guard Kat

I'll extend the night a couple hours for you to change these guesses if you want. basically, your guesses are the only way to recruit your 2 teammates. Independents are recruited through the Offerings. I took this rule for granted since it was that way for the first two games. It's easy to imagine how much everyone benefits when you recruit the other 2 Heroes onto this hidden Forum. You can check out the last topics for Mt. O 2 to see how it worked if you want. Though this time is more difficult, having to make 3 correct guesses.

1. NULLIFY_Zeus will use Hermes to contact Aphrodite

2. NULLIFY_Zeus will use Hermes to contact Poseidon

3. DO NOT NULLIFY_Diomedes will summon Cottus

If I had known this information before, I would not have messaged Hades...

Edited by IDoNotExist

1. NULLIFY_Zeus will use Hermes to contact Aphrodite

2. NULLIFY_Zeus will use Hermes to contact Poseidon

3. DO NOT NULLIFY_Diomedes will summon Cottus

If I had known this information before, I would not have messaged Hades...

Well, I had no reason to think you didn't know that since you played last game and had access to read how these types of character's work. Anyway, it's basically moot since only #2 is correct, and that is one you had been guessing for a while now. Nullification would not have ever worked, since Hermes' message went out before you ever made the initial guess for that particular action.

Please ask any questions to make sure we are on the same page from now on. It's tough to spell out every single possibility in the OP, so things carried over from previous games, like recruitment, I assumed were givens and/or would be understood by reading through the previous 2 games.

Well, I had no reason to think you didn't know that since you played last game and had access to read how these types of character's work. Anyway, it's basically moot since only #2 is correct, and that is one you had been guessing for a while now. Nullification would not have ever worked, since Hermes' message went out before you ever made the initial guess for that particular action.

Please ask any questions to make sure we are on the same page from now on. It's tough to spell out every single possibility in the OP, so things carried over from previous games, like recruitment, I assumed were givens and/or would be understood by reading through the previous 2 games.

Yea, I wasnt really blaming you, it is my fault. I just made the mistake. Oh well, moving on.

If I make three guesses that are all correct, such as...

1. Nestor will use Agamemnon to guess that Zeus will use Hermes to send a message to Aphrodite

2. Nestor will use Agamemnon to guess that Zeus will use Ananke

3. Nestor will boost Hades Spirit's Cerberus to 100% efficiency

Could I recruit Nestor to BTSC in one night?

If I make three guesses that are all correct, such as...

1. Nestor will use Agamemnon to guess that Zeus will use Hermes to send a message to Aphrodite

2. Nestor will use Agamemnon to guess that Zeus will use Ananke

3. Nestor will boost Hades Spirit's Cerberus to 100% efficiency

Could I recruit Nestor to BTSC in one night?

yep. now you're on to something ;)