BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

The Battle for Mt Olympus III

itachi-san

Didnt Itachi already say that two sacrifices needed to be made to recruit an independent? If so, I wish I knew if GC was on my team, we could prevent wasting time and a sacrifice.

If you mean SG, I'd be willing to bet he isn't ;P. But you're right...wasting time is bad...go with Hades for the offering today...

Lol...I love the way the angles of the Y are drifting in the ocean of curves...:P...I guess it's fine, but I wouldn't want to mess with a Shinigami... :ph34r: ...which kind of reminds me of that manga chapter of Bleach...you know, the one that comes after the whole Hueco Mundo excursion...*resists urge to go off-topic* XP

Edit: spelling

Edited by Yoruichi-san

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying to balance things out. Independents other than MnemosYsane you will not get a sacrifice from IDNE, since he and SG are on the same side.

Roster:

1) Brandonb - voting for Prof. Templeton

2) dawh - voting for Impervious

3) grey cells - voting for Impervious

4) IDNE- Voting for IDNE

5) Impervious - voting for Impervious

6) Kat - voting for IDNE

7) Prof. Templeton - voting for Impervious

8) SomeGuy - voting for IDNE

9) star tiger - voting for IDNE

10) Y-San - voting for IDNE

Trying to balance things out. Independents other than MnemosYsane you will not get a sacrifice from IDNE, since he and SG are on the same side.

Roster:

1) Brandonb - voting for Prof. Templeton

2) dawh - voting for Impervious

3) grey cells - voting for Impervious

4) IDNE- Voting for IDNE

5) Impervious - voting for Impervious

6) Kat - voting for IDNE

7) Prof. Templeton - voting for Impervious

8) SomeGuy - voting for IDNE

9) star tiger - voting for IDNE

10) Y-San - voting for IDNE

Honestly, how do we know? SG, which side are you on? We are going to figure out factions anyway.

Honestly, how do we know? SG, which side are you on? We are going to figure out factions anyway.

I've told you already that I'm not going to spell it out. If you want to find out, make the sacrifice I suggested.

IDNE, there is a HUUUUUUGE chance that you're actually on my team. However, if you want to know for sure, sacrifice to MemnoY-san. That will prove it one way or the other.

Edit: And by huge chance, I mean I'm pretty much 100% sure of it. Y-san is being something of a bully, and I'm boggled as to why it's working.

If she is who you say she is, then why would she request that I sacrifice for Hades?! I am so confused! I can still switch my vote to Impervious, who can then choose to take Mnemosyne or not, which would also hopefully reveal who is on who's side.

I've told you already that I'm not going to spell it out. If you want to find out, make the sacrifice I suggested.

Well, then if you were on the opposing side, you would want me to make the sacrifice in hopes of wasting one of my summons and still taking the character for yourself.

Well, then if you were on the opposing side, you would want me to make the sacrifice in hopes of wasting one of my summons and still taking the character for yourself.

Yes. That is a lovely WIFOM situation you've painted yourself into.

Since Itachi is not on yet and I am clearly the choice to give a sacrifice, I can still change it, right?

I realize the wisdom in choosing Mnemosyne over Hades at this time, however, Hades, you were my next choice. This is the only way to possibly gain a BTSC today and, if not, our team leader will hopefully know what happened and at least two of us who are on the same or different teams. I hope that you will continue to help me out, Hades.

ITACHI: I want to sacrifice the same summon that I pm'ed you for Mnemosyne.

Edited by IDoNotExist

Lol...well, as Prof. T pointed out...you know that SG isn't Diomedes...so if you think you're on the same team, I guess I know who that makes you...;P

Hades would have been the better choice to make an offering to...especially since no one wants to target him at Night...I hope Itachi doesn't allow the change in offering ;)

Edited by Yoruichi-san

I like the nickname too...it's very aesthetically pleasing...;P

Hades would have been the better choice to make an offering to...especially since no one wants to target him at Night...I hope Itachi doesn't allow the change in offering ;)

I realize the wisdom in choosing Mnemosyne over Hades at this time, however, Hades, you were my next choice. This is the only way to possibly gain a BTSC today and, if not, our team leader will hopefully know what happened and at least two of us who are on the same or different teams. I hope that you will continue to help me out, Hades.

BWAHAHAHAHA...*can't stop laughing* But then again, I'm on a sugar high :rolleyes: Well, at least this says something about PT :D

Since Itachi is not on yet and I am clearly the choice to give a sacrifice, I can still change it, right?

ITACHI: I want to sacrifice the same summon that I pm'ed you for Mnemosyne.

Sorry for not being around when the Day ended, but it did end. I don't think my absence should constitute a break in the rules. 24 hours was up about 2 hours prior to this change. That being said, Day post coming right away. Sorry for the delay guys. I'm a bit annoyed that I got so busy right when this game started, but them's the breaks... :dry:

Day 2: A Twisted Offer

IDNE stood before the crumbling statue of Mnemosyne, but felt a wicked aura from behind him. He turned to seek its source, but it faded away, just as his eyes focused on the distant surroundings. Shocked, IDNE felt as though an icy hand lay on his shoulder. He spun, drawing his sword, but again was met with nothingness. He felt sick and confused and threatened. "I just don't know what to do. Am I making the right choice.?"

???: You already made your choice. You just don't know it yet.

IDNE spun around for a third time, then lowered his head in shame.

IDNE: Am I going insane?

As if to answer, the air before began to cloud. That fog became denser and took on the form of a man.

IDNE: You? But how?

Hades (reaching quickly for IDNE's chest): You don't need to know.

The icy grip of Hades seemed to be pulling something from IDNE's core. From his entire being. Hades pulled his hand away and beheld a glowing orb. IDNE felt as if he was looking at a part of himself. A part he would never have again.

IDNE: Is that my soul?

Hades: Hah! I wish it was... no, this is the soul of one of your Summonings. Shame I can't hold onto it for long. I must let it descend to Tartarus where it now belongs.

IDNE: Will you join me?

Hades: Ask me again sometime. When you're ready to make another Sacrifice.

The image of Hades dissipated into the air, leaving IDNE alone, cold, lonely and a tad regretful for his choice.

Edit: IDNE looked up from his stupor at a new visitor to this Sacrifice. She was rugged, yet beautiful and looked as if she only appeared in spirit.

IDNE: A-Athena?

Athena: Yes, I just barely made it in time to stop this Sacrifice. Here.

Athena opened her hand to reveal a glowing orb: the very same that was just taken from IDNE. The glowing sphere flew back toward IDNE and was absorbed right back into his body.

Athena: I intercepted that soul on its way to Tartarus. No easy task mind you. I wish I could be a larger part in this battle, but my spirit was heavily weakened from my stay in Tartarus. Perhaps we'll meet again.

She vanished and IDNE again felt like himself, though a little bewildered by the Day's events.

---

Roster:

1) Brandonb

2) dawh

3) grey cells

4) IDNE

5) Impervious

6) Kat

7) Prof. Templeton

8) SomeGuy

9) star tiger

10) Y-San

Night 2 begins now. Hopefully it can end in 20 hours, but 24 is perfectly fine.

This was an interesting day...a lot of votes shifting and whatnot, just to have Athena come in and mess it up. :o I guess IDNE gets another opportunity to use his sacrifice to get the ally he wants now...provided that people are willing to let him. :unsure:

Sorry Itachi...I know how you feel...:/...

Hear that, boys? Don't try to take advantage of the kindness of the host :P.

I'm guessing things will still work out as planned for IDNE and SG though...as long as IDNE follows up on making those offerings to Hades...hopefully he'll have an uneventful Night XP

Haha, just realized that I'm number 10 on the Roster...I feel like Adrian Monk :D.

This was an interesting day...a lot of votes shifting and whatnot, just to have Athena come in and mess it up. :o I guess IDNE gets another opportunity to use his sacrifice to get the ally he wants now...provided that people are willing to let him. :unsure:

I thought the day ended normally?

I'm guessing things will still work out as planned for IDNE and SG though...as long as IDNE follows up on making those offerings to Hades...hopefully he'll have an uneventful Night XP

You could only hope... :rolleyes: Looks like IDNE just created two possible enemies though :o Better act fast if you don't want someone getting too strong... ;)

You could only hope... :rolleyes: Looks like IDNE just created two possible enemies though :o Better act fast if you don't want someone getting too strong... ;)

Lol...I think it's still not clear whose enemy is whose...it might not be wise not to be too hasty...;P

Like Hitsugaya attacking Yamamoto, that would just be a waste (ice vs. fire...lmao)...if it were up to me, I would to like to see Hitsugaya fight Soi Fong...that would be an interesting matchup :ph34r:

Lol...I think it's still not clear whose enemy is whose...it might not be wise not to be too hasty...;P

Like Hitsugaya attacking Yamamoto, that would just be a waste (ice vs. fire...lmao)...if it were up to me, I would to like to see Hitsugaya fight Soi Fong...that would be an interesting matchup :ph34r:

HA! I dont think that fight could compare to the one Soi Fong already had with Yoruichi. Now if Hitsugaya got to fight the wonderful Lady in ORange, that would be something to see!

When will this night end, so that we are all clear? I know that there were quite a few delays with the day.