BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

The Battle for Mt Olympus III

itachi-san

Hmm. I think I may have left that out of the Game Rules... sorry. If it doesn't say 2 Independents max, then the Day should probably be extended since that's vital information. maybe GC can get on as well. Sorry about that.

So, the Day is extended for 2 hours (is that fair enough?)

and the official rule is: a team can only have 2 Independents max at one time. I'll amend the OP.

sorry again :blush:

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brandonb, you really want to sacriffice someone, dont you.

Roster:

1) Brandonb - voting for SomeGuy

2) dawh - voting for Impervious

3) grey cells

4) IDNE- voting for IDNE

5) Impervious - voting for Impervious

6) Kat - voting for SomeGuy

7) Prof. Templeton - voting for SomeGuy

8) SomeGuy - voting for Impervious

9) star tiger - voting for SomeGuy

10) Y-San - voting for SomeGuy

I guess if we have another two hours I will try this again.

Yeah, anyone. I don't care (though preferably not an Indy)

I really just want to join a team!

E(Sacrifices) remains constant whether there is a tie or not, and actually goes up if the tie involves more than two people (not the case here). In the event of a tie the odds of you not getting a Sacrifice are the same as the odds of you getting two sacrifices. All you do with this action is ensure that whatever team makes a plea to you will be less than happy about the fact that they were forced to make it :P

Sorry...that wasn't what I meant...I was laughing at how Bb changed his vote so cleverly at the 'last minute'...then the Day was extended...XP

yeah, and I had seriously just gotten home and signed in right after itachi made the post about 17mins remaining -_-

I was so close to making something happen!

E(Sacrifices) remains constant whether there is a tie or not, and actually goes up if the tie involves more than two people (not the case here). In the event of a tie the odds of you not getting a Sacrifice are the same as the odds of you getting two sacrifices. All you do with this action is ensure that whatever team makes a plea to you will be less than happy about the fact that they were forced to make it :P

yeah well, there's also the fact that there could en up being NO sacrifice. I think it would be 25% of double sacrifice, 50% chance of a single sacrifice, and a 25% chance of NO sacrifice. And I would rather have 1 than the chance of none.

I think Demeter would find your Summons more useful...;P

To IDNE: so dawh and SG are definitely not on your team. (dawh's been here...)

Yeah, anyone. I don't care (though preferably not an Indy)

I really just want to join a team!

Perhaps you need to pay more attention then and you will know who to sacriiffice. SG doesnt want to be sacrificed, Impervious spoke very little of what he wanted, merely posted the vote for himself. I know that I want the sacrifice to get some indies on my team. If you vote for me, I will try my best to recruit you.

Perhaps you need to pay more attention then and you will know who to sacriiffice. SG doesnt want to be sacrificed, Impervious spoke very little of what he wanted, merely posted the vote for himself. I know that I want the sacrifice to get some indies on my team. If you vote for me, I will try my best to recruit you.

do you know who I am?

You are continuously wrong, or continuously lying. However, I will let you and IDNE find that out for yourselves.

It will be easier if the other team has reduced vote weight...i.e. by killing off one of its members before they can recruit an Indie (which adds vote weight) ;P

Edit: Grammar

Edited by Yoruichi-san

I think Demeter would find your Summons more useful...;P

Did I give out my identity somewhere that I am unaware of? I only stated that I am not an independent and I would rather myself be sacrificed than one of my opponents or my friends who have better summons than I do. If you know what side I am on, or who I am, then by all means, spit it out. I want to hear it.

yeah well, there's also the fact that there could en up being NO sacrifice. I think it would be 25% of double sacrifice, 50% chance of a single sacrifice, and a 25% chance of NO sacrifice. And I would rather have 1 than the chance of none.

Right. .25 * 2 + .5 * 1 + .25 * 0 = 1. E(sacrifices) = 1 in either case.

No...she gets the Summon you are forced to sacrifice...it doesn't matter who you make the offering to...it's very clear in the rules ;)

OH, you're right! I hadn't read the rules. Thank you for pointing that out, I appreciate it...

Wait, no, I have read the rules, and Brandon didn't say he wanted a summons, he said he wanted to be recruited. If he is Demeter (as you are so HEAVILY implying) then he will get no closer to his stated goal by lynching me.

Oh...but I'm not wrong about Demeter wanting your Summons? ;P

IDNE: "It seems there are only two people..."...sound familiar?

I apologize, but, sadly, at the moment, no it does not.