BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

The Battle for Mt Olympus III

itachi-san

Hades' treachery has left the Heroes in an impossible position

The End

Odysseus drew map after map, plan after plan, but scratched them all away in the dirt. Letting out a long sigh, he looked up at his fellow Heroes in exhaustion. "We need to pull back while we still have our lives." Diomedes' eyes widened in despair. "You cannot be serious! Retreat!? That's absurd. I refuse!" Odysseus calmly rose to his feet and clapped his old friend's shoulder. "There's a difference between dying justly and dying foolishly. And after that snake Hades deceived us, I'm afraid we're only left with the latter option." Diomedes hung his head in shame, but Nestor looked up brightly. Nestor spoke to his friends: "I agree the cause is lost and that we were foolish to try ousting Zeus from his own home, but we could at least get a little payback before we leave." The three Heroes smiled and took off for one last adventure.

---

Three diminishing Gods knelt before Zeus. Zeus stood in the center, while Aphrodite and Poseidon flanked him. Mnemosyne was already stripped of her power and chained deep below them, ready to be sent back to the Underworld. Zeus began: "Apollo.. Athena.. Ares.. the three of you have proven that you can still be of some use.." Hades came crashing through the giant crystal doors of Zeus' hall. Flinging his invisible helmet across the room, Hades plead for the Sun he wished for so much. Zeus raised a finger to silence his foolish little brother. Without sound Demeter revealed her presence standing behind Zeus' mighty throne.

Zeus: What do you say dear sister? Is Tartarus worth the price of darkness? Besides, I shall soon strip those mortal fools of their divinity and then your powers will be much needed on the Surface.

Demeter: Tartarus must exist for the dead to rest, but I fear it is not really the place for me... Hades on the other hand seems much more capable of running things down there.

The three kneeling Gods all became solid and whole once more and the entire group began to laugh at Hades. As Zeus raised a hand to send Hades on his way, the God of the Underworld screamed in frustration and stormed out of the Grand Hall, shattering one of the massive doors in his wake. Zeus stifled his laughter and sent the three resurrected Gods on their way, back where they belonged.

---

The three Heroes watched from afar as they smirked seeing Hades quickly walk away from the Palace in a huff. Odysseus gathered what little strength he had and charged Hades, as Nestor and Diomedes prepared to attack his blind spots. Hades, with ever increasing power, fended off Odysseus and Nestor, but Diomedes managed to pierce the God's back with his spear. Hades spun around and flung Diomedes to the ground. He wrenched the spear from his back and prepared to launch it back at his attacker, but his arm was caught by a serious Zeus.

Zeus: You... I already told you to return to Tartarus where you belong... and here I find you playing with these foolish mortals!? Begone!!

Zeus halved Hades power and sent his entire being down to Tartarus where Charon welcomed him on the River Styx, finally home. Then, Zeus turned to the three fallen Heroes. Opening his hand wide, palm facing his victims, he claimed all the Summoning Spirits they had left. With a broad smile he then conjured a wicked storm. The Heroes braced themselves for the lightning they knew to come. And it did. Crashing down on them, it sent them flying into a seemingly endless abyss, only to be caught by the Spirit of Icarus who guided them all safely to the Surface. Stripped of their immortality, but not their lives, they thanked the winged man and settled back into a mortal life.

---

Hades clutched the arms of his skull-throne so hard that the bones began to crunch under his tight grasp. "Zeus... ZEUS!!!!" Tartarus shook in fear at the ever-echoing anger of their returned master.

---

Roster:

1) Brandonb [Hades]

2) dawh [Poseidon]

3) grey cells [Heracles]

4) IDNE [Odysseus]

5) Impervious [Zeus]

6) Kat [Demeter]

7) Prof. Templeton [Diomedes]

8) SomeGuy [Aphrodite]

9) star tiger [Mnemosyne]

10) Y-San [Nestor]

Lots of winners! Zeus' crew: Impervious, dawh, SomeGuy, and Kat. And the 2 Indies GC and Bb (who irrevocably turned the tides). Congrats to all and very well played by everyone! :thumbsup: Thanks for playing!! :D

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great work Olympians! And to the treacherous Hades. :P And yay to me(ignoring the fact that I did nearly nothing to be part of the winning side). Strange! I put in a lot of effort last game and ended up on the losing side. This game, I didn't have the time to be half as active as last game and ended up on the winning side. It happens, I guess. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the game Itachi! Pity I couldn't be more active though, may be I would have if I was forced into one of the BTSC groups. :P

Whoa, it's over? :huh: That was fast...sweet, I got recruited just in time too :3 Good game everyone :D *I wish I had gotten in on the first part, but what can you do right?* Thanks Itachi for the amazing game, I had lots of fun ^_^

<(^-^)>

Edited by Kathleen

That was an abrupt finish... :o

Well, it was fun in any case. I guess the independents made their choice as to who they thought had the better chance. Interesting move Hades; makes me sort of glad that they wanted you... :rolleyes:

These have all been great games Itachi. It's an interesting twist to the mafia theme. It lends itself to a very different style of playing and scheming. I had thought that things were going against us in the middle there, but I guess that the independents opted to make their own decisions about which side to support. If they had followed through with Y-san's proposition, I suppose that things would probably have been much more difficult for us; but we still would have won. ;)

Great game all and well played. B))

That was an abrupt finish... :o

Well, it was fun in any case. I guess the independents made their choice as to who they thought had the better chance. Interesting move Hades; makes me sort of glad that they wanted you... :rolleyes:

Well, it seemed that there was a general move to recruit Hades first... and whoever recruited me would be inherently weaker b/c of the two sacrifices... and since I could deject from whichever team recruited me after three nights and not risk suffering a loss with them... All signs pointed to betraying the first team to recruit me.

However, once I was recruited I was misinformed that the Olympians team had lost all of their saving abilities... and since whoever I betrayed would likely come after me as soon as I betrayed them, I was dependent on the Olympians to cover my @$$. So with this new info I decided not to betray the Heroes, and worked very well with them for a short time (the Olympians seriously lucked out that my attack on Hermes was reversed).

Then, I learned the truth about the Olympian's summons situation... that Aphrodite was in fact strong enough to cover my but, and that the newly recruited Demeter would be able to do it if Aphro couldn't. So, much later than I had planned, I acted on the incentives that I was presented... and betrayed my team.

I deserve what I got in the end though... I was really looking forward to a story that established Hades as the new Sun God and instead... bah. :dry:

So yeah... you should be glad that it wasn't you that picked me up...

And I hope there are no hard feelings for the team I betrayed. :blush:

Edited by Brandonb

Well, it seemed that there was a general move to recruit Hades first... and whoever recruited me would be inherently weaker b/c of the two sacrifices... and since I could deject from whichever team recruited me after three nights and not risk suffering a loss with them... All signs pointed to betraying the first team to recruit me.

However, once I was recruited I was misinformed that the Olympians team had lost all of their saving abilities... and since whoever I betrayed would likely come after me as soon as I betrayed them, I was dependent on the Olympians to cover my @$$. So with this new info I decided not to betray the Heroes, and worked very well with them for a short time (the Olympians seriously lucked out that my attack on Hermes was reversed).

Then, I learned the truth about the Olympian's summons situation... that Aphrodite was in fact strong enough to cover my but, and that the newly recruited Demeter would be able to do it if Aphro couldn't. So, much later than I had planned, I acted on the incentives that I was presented... and betrayed my team.

I deserve what I got in the end though... I was really looking forward to a story that established Hades as the new Sun God and instead... bah. :dry:

Not from me. I have to say, it was not a fun way to end it all though. Perhaps you could create another, Itachi? You know, when you have the time.

That was fun, I was really starting to get frustrated when my attempts to recruit Aphrodite kept getting messed up. First with the block of hermes. then i had mnemosyne nullify a guess...All in all a fun game. It was a pleasure playing with all of you. Great game itachi!

I was a little put off and dismayed by it when it happened. I had finally joined my team's BTSC and was excited to be formulating actions as a team and then when Hades' betrayal occured it was shocking. Having had time to reflect I can totally see why you did it and if I had been an independent I might have thought of that course myself. So, absolutely no hard feelings. :mad: um, I mean :)

I was a little put off and dismayed by it when it happened. I had finally joined my team's BTSC and was excited to be formulating actions as a team and then when Hades' betrayal occured it was shocking. Having had time to reflect I can totally see why you did it and if I had been an independent I might have thought of that course myself. So, absolutely no hard feelings. :mad: um, I mean :)

Yeah, that would have hit me pretty hard as well. But I did warn against the possibility of treachery (though admittedly, I was just trying to raise doubts in your mind; it wasn't intended to be serious... :o ).

You guys definitely had us on the run for a while though. And we were never certain of who was whom while your team had us all pegged pretty early on.