BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

The Battle for Mt Olympus III

itachi-san

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey hey hey....that's not nice....then again Hades was a bit of a pervert too....I mean he did kidnap Persephone

Pervert?

:huh:

No

Pimp?

post-5980-1240429642.gif

Yes

...and I think this is on topic.

subtle back&forth ad hominem conversation that is relevant to the theme of the competition... seems pretty on topic to me :P

lolz. I have to agree that it's on topic. But I have to disagree in thinking Zeus could be anything other than a baddie :lol: Can anyone think of a story with Zeus in which he isn't a despicable character in multiple ways :huh::ph34r:

night post sort of soon. ;)

Hey now, I take that personally...

Night 7: A Twisted Betrayal, Aggressive Independents and Indestructible Titans

Kneeling by a map of Olympus drawn in the dirt with his dagger, Odysseus set his group forth with an onslaught of orders. Nestor and Diomedes departed on their respective missions, but Hades lingered. "Go now! We haven't much time!" Odysseus urged the thorny God, the former ruler of Tartarus. Dawning his invisible helmet, Hades vanished from sight and left Odysseus without the slightest clue about the smile he now wore from ear to ear.

---

Heart pounding with murderous intent, Diomedes charged SG with the wisdom of Nestor pounding at the inside of skull. Each giant step he took closer, Diomedes became faster and more powerful, ready to destroy SG. But what was this? An unforeseen face made its presence known just before he reached SG. It was Helen! But how?! Her luxuriant golden hair tossed over her shoulder, batting eyes at Diomedes, he fell victim to her beauty and stood still and stunned watching her heavenly body approach him. "Damn that Hades! He won't get away with this!" Just as he thought Helen was finished with him, Calliope appeared in front of him, floating in mid-air and reading a lengthy epic. Diomedes was frozen at the sound of her voice. "Ugh. This is going to be a looooong night..."

---

Nestor's experience was his biggest asset and he used it wisely once again to forestall Mnemosyne from messing with IDNE's mind. Something was off though. He could sense that Zeus was about to eradicate one of his plans, but then he felt the tremors of Atlas and was pacified.

---

IDNE stood in the sights of Aphrodite's charm, but just as she got set to work her magic, the earth began to tremble and the two opponents took shelter from the storm Atlas was about to bring.

---

IDNE braced himself for Atlas' arrival, ready for seemingly anything. "Come on! Do it! I'm right here! We're running out of time!" IDNE's impatience got the best of him as he waited for the colossal Titan to finally emerge below Olympus. Uncharacteristically, he never noticed Demeter watching him; he never saw Rhea coming... The Titan grabbed his entire body with one fist and lifted him. IDNE was forced to Sacrifice one of his Summonings to provide a bit of cushion in her deadly grasp. He slipped out between her fingers and hid himself from the monstrous Titan only to be greeted by the Summoning he had just lost.

IDNE: What's this? Another trick?

???: No my friend. We have somehow again been thrust back to the Age of Titans. I cannot be killed in such a time.

IDNE: Ah, a stroke of luck on this cursed night? Phew.."

---

Y-San's world vanished before her eyes and she found herself being rushed by none other than the Erymanthian Boar striaght out of the tales of the mighty Heracles. She stood no chance in its way though and was forced to block her body from being trampled with the spirit of one of her Summonings. That spirit was now lost to her.

---

Foiling Mnemosyne's plans proved to put a wicked strain on Agamemnon's mind, though who would foresee the Invisible hand of Hades clutching a posionous dagger from behind? Not many. Agamemnon's eyes rolled back in his head as he collapsed and his spirit returned to Tartarus.

---

Aphrodite stood before IDNE, Zeus plotted against Agamemnon, but both were shaken senseless when Atlas' hands finally grabbed hold of Olympus. Only the Giant's forearms could be seen, bursting from the clouds below. Odysseus drew a deep breath at Atlas' late yet much needed arrival and prepared to fight a battle from all fronts. What had the Heroes gotten themselves into? And why did they ever trust that menace Hades who they had only recently dethroned? Thankful for having the aid of the Titans, Odysseus' mind raced, but victory seemed to distance itself from his thoughts.

---

Roster:

1) Brandonb

2) dawh

3) grey cells

4) IDNE

5) Impervious

6) Kat

7) Prof. Templeton

8) SomeGuy

9) star tiger

10) Y-San

Day 7 begins now and ends in 24

Roster:

1) Brandonb

2) dawh

3) grey cells

4) IDNE

5) Impervious - voting for star_tiger

6) Kat

7) Prof. Templeton

8) SomeGuy

9) star tiger

10) Y-San

I'd say that was a good night

Hades, if you vote with us you'll get a nifty little shield.

Edited by Impervious

post-5980-1240437359.gif

Now I know how it feels to be a Wu ;)

Zeus, I have grown very very tired of running the underworld have been weighing my options for a while now. Then I realized that there was an opening created after a certain shining star took his dirt nap...

Hopefully Zeus will now recognize my allegiance to him. Through my actions made in good faith I would like to submit my application to fill Apollo's old position. I know I'm a little pale, and a little grouchy and rough around the edges... but once I take a couple rides in that golden chariot, you will realize that I can have a decent tan and my moods are only a reflection of being banished to Tartarus for so long. I assure you, I can make a better sun god than Apollo ever did :thumbsup:

Seriously, Demeter is taking care of the underworld now, and with the way the economy is... there's not a huge demand for employment that seeks my particular skill set. At the same time, there aren't too many people around (at least alive anyways) that could possibly fill the god of the sun's shoes as well as I can :)

So whadya say? Think we can work something out?

Roster:

1) Brandonb

2) dawh

3) grey cells

4) IDNE- voting for IDNE

6) Kat

7) Prof. Templeton

8) SomeGuy

9) star tiger

10) Y-San

Obviously we will not be sacrificing to Hades today. -_-

Itachi, can we powerplay Y-san?

Edited by IDoNotExist

Roster:

1) Brandonb

2) dawh

3) grey cells

4) IDNE- voting for IDNE

6) Kat

7) Prof. Templeton

8) SomeGuy - voting for star_tiger

9) star tiger

10) Y-San

Should be self explanatory, hmm? And Hades, we'll most definitely take it into consideration. Your talents are most certainly useful.

Roster:

1) Brandonb

2) dawh

3) grey cells

4) IDNE- voting for IDNE

6) Kat

7) Prof. Templeton

9) star tiger - voting for star_tiger

10) Y-San

I do believe we can powerplay votes.

Roster:

1) Brandonb

2) dawh

3) grey cells

4) IDNE- voting for IDNE

6) Kat

7) Prof. Templeton

10) Y-San- voting for IDNE

Hades, if you vote with us you'll get a nifty little shield.

Roster:

1) Brandonb - voting for star_tiger

2) dawh

3) grey cells

4) IDNE- voting for IDNE

6) Kat

7) Prof. Templeton

Feel better now, Bb? :lol:

Eh... I know what it feels like... I didn't say that it felt good. :(

Roster:

2) dawh

3) grey cells

4) IDNE- voting for IDNE

6) Kat - voting for star_tiger

7) Prof. Templeton

<(^-^)>

Roster:

2) dawh

3) grey cells

4) IDNE- voting for IDNE

7) Prof. Templeton

<(^-^)>

I could end the day early if nobody is opposed. I'll check back in a few hours. If anyone wants the full 24 hours just say so, but this looks like ST all the way.

Roster:

2) dawh - voting for star_tiger

3) grey cells

4) IDNE- voting for IDNE

7) Prof. Templeton

Might as well cement it. I don't mind when we end the day.

Will not make much of a difference, I guess. And I need to do my homework before acting! :duh:

Roster:

2) dawh - voting for star_tiger

3) grey cells - voting for IDNE

4) IDNE- voting for IDNE

7) Prof. Templeton

Day 7: Zeus gains another Ally

Hades stood all alone at the peak of Mt. Olympus, cape flapping in the heavenly gusts, arms folded across his chest and laughing maniacally.

Hades: Whatever it takes! I'll use whoever I want to attain my goals and gain control of the Sun! And my brother will give it to me. He'll soon recognize my importance! The Sun and then one day all of Olympus will be mine! Muahahahahahahah!

---

Mnemosyne relinquished one of her Summonings to Olympus' soil and soon after, Demeter rose from the ground, flowers, vines and plants exploding from the surrounding terrain as she walked toward Zeus' royal palace. Mnemosyne lowered her head and began muttering to herself. "What has become of me? Being ordered around by a lesser generation? Relinquishing my power and my offspring to aid Zeus' ordeal? Have the Titans fallen so far? ...what a shame..."

---

Odysseus brandished his sword and pointed it straight up at the highest peak of Olympus. Hearing the faint echoing of Hades' insane intentions, Odysseus bellowed back: "Get out of our Forum!"

---

Roster:

1) Brandonb

2) dawh

3) grey cells

4) IDNE

5) Impervious

6) Kat

7) Prof. Templeton

8) SomeGuy

9) star tiger

10) Y-San

Night 8 begins now.

Hades: Whatever it takes! I'll use whoever I want to attain my goals and gain control of the Sun! And my brother will give it to me. He'll soon recognize my importance! The Sun and then one day all of Olympus will be mine! Muahahahahahahah!

All of Olympus? Nah, I just want a tan, and an easier lifestyle. Heavy lies the crown, and Zeus can keep it.post-5980-1240503313.gif

Odysseus brandished his sword and pointed it straight up at the highest peak of Olympus. Hearing the faint echoing of Hades' insane intentions, Odysseus bellowed back: "Get out of our Forum!"

Aww, the forum is gone!!!

I'm so lonely... again :unsure: