BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

The Battle for Mt Olympus III

itachi-san

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and why is that?

Ok, since Mnemosyne has chosen his side, we have an open slot and we are now taking auditions. It seems the applicants are Demeter and Heracles. To make our decision you will be judged on your performance in the coming nights and days.

Do not discuss our requests further in this forum, make the decision to act yourself. It seems that the two of you cannot be on the same team so perhaps you wish to attack eachother to prove yourself? If not, perhaps I can make some suggestions for good audition material.

Heracles, if you were to remain dormant until you are recruited, that would probably be everyone's best option, as right now you do not know which side you are on and your summons are lost once they are used.

Demeter, looks like you have some attacking ability you could put to good use. ;)

Good luck, and may the best man (or woman ;) ) win!

Ok, since Mnemosyne has chosen his side, we have an open slot and we are now taking auditions. It seems the applicants are Demeter and Heracles. To make our decision you will be judged on your performance in the coming nights and days.

Do not discuss our requests further in this forum, make the decision to act yourself. It seems that the two of you cannot be on the same team so perhaps you wish to attack eachother to prove yourself? If not, perhaps I can make some suggestions for good audition material.

Heracles, if you were to remain dormant until you are recruited, that would probably be everyone's best option, as right now you do not know which side you are on and your summons are lost once they are used.

Demeter, looks like you have some attacking ability you could put to good use. ;)

Good luck, and may the best man (or woman ;) ) win!

ah IDNE you would try to get them to off the other to limit the number for me to get wouldn't you?

ah IDNE you would try to get them to off the other to limit the number for me to get wouldn't you?

Are you claiming that you might forsake Mnemosyne in order to gain the other two? Because you can only have two and unless you are willing to waste that sacrifice (which I doubt) you cannot recruit both of them, meaning that they must be on opposite teams.

EDIT: Btw, if you are not 100% sure who the other independent is, Attack impervious. ;)

Edited by IDoNotExist

Are you claiming that you might forsake Mnemosyne in order to gain the other two? Because you can only have two and unless you are willing to waste that sacrifice (which I doubt) you cannot recruit both of them, meaning that they must be on opposite teams.

EDIT: Btw, if you are not 100% sure who the other independent is, Attack impervious. ;)

Actually you should attack IDNE....he's the one telling you to off the other....

edit: akjieofykuojecdtgatekjqlbhgqh

Edited by Impervious

Actually you should attack IDNE....he's the one telling you to off the other....

So many orders being thrown around.

I guess we've no choice but to follow, hmm, Impervious?

So many orders being thrown around.

I guess we've no choice but to follow, hmm, Impervious?

I think following me is a grand idea....especially you're on IDNE's team or an indy...:D

Err...sorry, Kat, ST, GC, Bb, and Prof. T...IDNE has been a little gung-ho...we really DON'T want you to randomly attack people, we DO want to win together with both of you, even if at the very end of the game one of you isn't actually a member of the BTSC, but wins as an Independent instead. I have a very logical idea, which I'll post, as soon as I finish discussing it with IDNE. Please don't act rashly. Thank you.

Edit: Oh, yeah, just to be certain, ST, I need to ask you: Ni shi nan hai shi nui?

Edited by Yoruichi-san

Err...sorry, Kat, ST, GC, Bb, and Prof. T...IDNE has been a little gung-ho...we really DON'T want you to randomly attack people, we DO want to win together with both of you, even if at the very end of the game one of you isn't actually a member of the BTSC, but wins as an Independent instead. I have a very logical idea, which I'll post, as soon as I finish discussing it with IDNE. Please don't act rashly. Thank you.

Edit: Oh, yeah, just to be certain, ST, I need to ask you: Ni shi nan hai shi nui?

I didn't get that :blush: I have no clue whatsoever to what the last 4 words mean... :duh: In any case, I'm sure you're right... :wacko:

Okay, so I think I have a plan that will both ensure the safety (i.e. survival) of the Independents and allow them to use their abilities to the fullest advantage...

To Demeter: We want to recruit you, but at present we believe the lack of kills (and hence summonings for you) leaves you a vulnerable target for the opposing team if you join our side. The other team has already demonstrated their penchant for attacking anyone who shows dissent with them. For your safety, we would like to strengthen you first before putting you in that position. And then we together we will be able to take out our enemies in a blaze of glory with their own summons...muhahaha...;P

To Heracles: We would like to recruit you too, in the opposite order. You are robust and hard to kill at the beginning but as you use your labors, you become a more vulnerable target. So we would like you to join our team early (as soon as possible) and then for your safety, return to being an Independent and hence not a target for our enemies after you've dealt some mighty blows to the enemy.

To Mmesynome: Although you have received on plea from the Olympians, you are not sided with them yet. We have no intention of allowing them to recruit you. We would like you to side with us against them. If you desire action, you know exactly who they are and therefore how you can best use your abilities to counter them. I know you have the intelligence to plan accordingly. ;)

Demeter, Heracles, if you can accept this, please lend us your friendship for the Night ;). And perhaps it wouldn't be a bad thing for the Olympians to learn the benefits of some honest labor...;P

To Mmesynome: Although you have received on plea from the Olympians, you are not sided with them yet. We have no intention of allowing them to recruit you. We would like you to side with us against them. If you desire action, you know exactly who they are and therefore how you can best use your abilities to counter them. I know you have the intelligence to plan accordingly. ;)

ah but i have every intention of recruiting mnemosyne :D

To clarify for Demeter: I meant it would be dangerous for you to officially join our side immediately. We strongly desire to recruit you into our BTSC after it is safe for you :), and it becomes a matter of safely for Heracles to return to being an Independent (and hence not a target for the other team). Basically, if you're currently recruited onto a side, then to win, other team has to either kill you or wait on their hands for 3 Days for the recruitment to wear off. If you have a small # of summons it would be more efficient to kill you then to wait, and given the track record of the enemy... :unsure: We want both of you to survive until the end and win along with us.

Edited by Yoruichi-san

To clarify for Demeter: I meant it would be dangerous for you to officially join our side immediately. We strongly desire to recruit you into our BTSC after it is safe for you :), and it becomes a matter of safely for Heracles to return to being an Independent (and hence not a target for the other team). Basically, if you're currently recruited onto a side, then to win, other team has to either kill you or wait on their hands for 3 Days for the recruitment to wear off. If you have a small # of summons it would be more efficient to kill you then to wait, and given the track record of the enemy... :unsure: We want both of you to survive until the end and win along with us.

So she's saying for the most part that she wants you to be their stooge for as long as it is reasonable and then use you if they need you. You want to be recruited and we are willing to recruit you in relatively short order, only we need the votes. Under our plan, you will join a BTSC group much sooner and according to what Y-san has told you, you are not a high priority for them right now... :o

To Mnemosyne: We would gladly accept your help as we can do much damage to our enemies with you on our side. Just because our actions have seemed erratic on the thread doesn't mean that they are; it's usually a bad idea to play with all of your cards on the table... :rolleyes: With your cooperation, we can all achieve greatness. They don't have the teeth that we do, and with your help, we can remove those teeth.

To Heracles: you are also of great importance to us and we do not wish you any harm. As long as you are willing to support us in the votes, we are willing to support you. Depending on which of the other independents are willing to play ball with us, we may have an immediate, or delayed position for you as well. I know that it is not the best offer, but there is a dance that must be played and the two Independents restriction per team prevents us from satisfying all parties at the same time. I hope you understand this. ;)

To all of the Independents: Y-san says that she has a grand plan, but she cannot follow through on her stated obligations to you when push comes to shove. I hope you can see that her position is not from strength, but hope and a wish. If you want safety, we are more apt to provide it. Thank you, and good night! B))

(If you have any questions, feel free to ask and we will do our best to answer them. :thumbsup: )

So she's saying for the most part that she wants you to be their stooge for as long as it is reasonable and then use you if they need you. You want to be recruited and we are willing to recruit you in relatively short order, only we need the votes. Under our plan, you will join a BTSC group much sooner and according to what Y-san has told you, you are not a high priority for them right now... :o

To Mnemosyne: We would gladly accept your help as we can do much damage to our enemies with you on our side. Just because our actions have seemed erratic on the thread doesn't mean that they are; it's usually a bad idea to play with all of your cards on the table... :rolleyes: With your cooperation, we can all achieve greatness. They don't have the teeth that we do, and with your help, we can remove those teeth.

To Heracles: you are also of great importance to us and we do not wish you any harm. As long as you are willing to support us in the votes, we are willing to support you. Depending on which of the other independents are willing to play ball with us, we may have an immediate, or delayed position for you as well. I know that it is not the best offer, but there is a dance that must be played and the two Independents restriction per team prevents us from satisfying all parties at the same time. I hope you understand this. ;)

To all of the Independents: Y-san says that she has a grand plan, but she cannot follow through on her stated obligations to you when push comes to shove. I hope you can see that her position is not from strength, but hope and a wish. If you want safety, we are more apt to provide it. Thank you, and good night! B))

(If you have any questions, feel free to ask and we will do our best to answer them. :thumbsup: )

Lol...you're the one asking them to be your stooge. I have laid out very logically how what I suggests is mutually beneficial to all the Independents and guarantees their victory along with us, as well as lets them each choose to use their own abilities in the best way. You make empty promises that fail to take into account that the number 1 qualification for winning in this game for an Independent is survival.

Demeter: Our priority is to achieve an united victory with as many living Independents as possible. I know you're intelligent enough to realize that what will happen if you join BTSC immediately like dawh is trying to entice you with, is that they will use up all the Summons you have gained so far, and then discard you and/or let you die. Since you don't have many Summons as of yet, that will be way before the game is over, and you will be left alone to die and lose. It also means you won't get all the awesome Summons that are 'freed up' ;P afterwards and the chance to use them *insert devil smiley*. I know you're capable of looking past dawh's empty promise and seeing the actual situation, and that what I suggest is the most beneficial to you yourself, which was what I was thinking of. In truth, IDNE said he wanted to recruit you immediately, but I thought about it and realized that that would be a bad idea, as I don't want to use you for a few Nights and then abandon you for the rest of the game, which is what would actually be the rational strategy for the situation. I want us to win together along with Heracles (who we will leave with sufficient labors to ensure his survival and victory), and, hopefully, Mmesynome.

I know you don't like empty promises. That's why I present logic and not promises. You may or may not trust my word (or dawh's word), but can trust yourself to see that the plan is sound and beneficial to everyone (besides our enemy, of course ;P)

There's alot of politiking for the independents going on. It's like trying to court swing voters. At the end of the day though, I choose my actions based on what I think is best for me or for what faction I decide I have the best chance to win with. I've learned that in these games things seldom turn out as expected. There's too many variables involved. I appreciate everyone candor in laying out their future intentions, but don't be dismayed if my night actions are not what you had hoped for or inticipated. I'll walk the path I deduce to be the best one at the time, given what I know to be true.

Lol...you're the one asking them to be your stooge. I have laid out very logically how what I suggests is mutually beneficial to all the Independents and guarantees their victory along with us, as well as lets them each choose to use their own abilities in the best way. You make empty promises that fail to take into account that the number 1 qualification for winning in this game for an Independent is survival.

Demeter: Our priority is to achieve an united victory with as many living Independents as possible. I know you're intelligent enough to realize that what will happen if you join BTSC immediately like dawh is trying to entice you with, is that they will use up all the Summons you have gained so far, and then discard you and/or let you die. Since you don't have many Summons as of yet, that will be way before the game is over, and you will be left alone to die and lose. It also means you won't get all the awesome Summons that are 'freed up' ;P afterwards and the chance to use them *insert devil smiley*. I know you're capable of looking past dawh's empty promise and seeing the actual situation, and that what I suggest is the most beneficial to you yourself, which was what I was thinking of. In truth, IDNE said he wanted to recruit you immediately, but I thought about it and realized that that would be a bad idea, as I don't want to use you for a few Nights and then abandon you for the rest of the game, which is what would actually be the rational strategy for the situation. I want us to win together along with Heracles (who we will leave with sufficient labors to ensure his survival and victory), and, hopefully, Mmesynome.

I know you don't like empty promises. That's why I present logic and not promises. You may or may not trust my word (or dawh's word), but can trust yourself to see that the plan is sound and beneficial to everyone (besides our enemy, of course ;P)

I'm not making empty promises. At least, they are no more empty than the promises you are making. All I've done is to lay out my arguments alongside yours and now I leave it in the capable hands of the Independents to decide whose arguments hold more merit. It is clear that the Independents can swing the game one way or the other, and I leave up to them to decide upon the correct course of action. B))

I'm not making empty promises. At least, they are no more empty than the promises you are making. All I've done is to lay out my arguments alongside yours and now I leave it in the capable hands of the Independents to decide whose arguments hold more merit. It is clear that the Independents can swing the game one way or the other, and I leave up to them to decide upon the correct course of action. B))

I made no promises. I laid out what I saw as the best strategy for the Independents and us to reach an efficient united victory. I leave it in the minds of the capable Independents to expect that no matter what anyone says, in the end, strategy will prevail, and that, of course, I'm going to follow through b/c it is the best strategy. ;P

And I'm sure Demeter realizes that the lovely stalling tactics of your precious Athena and Apollo only serve to starve her of gaining lifeforce. And we have the capability to nullify that. Both Heracles and Demeter are effectively saving roles that can't save themselves, and everyone here is experienced enough to realize that the saving roles on a team are the first targeted by the other team. That's why their safety is such a big issue. My proposal guarantees their safety by keeping them safe when they're vulnerable and putting their enticing summon abilities to good use BTSCing with the main group when trying to kill them would be a waste due to how strong they are. ;P

Night 5: Chaos

Again the plight of the Characters grew worse. No longer was there life in the Universe aside from themselves. Wait. No. There was something, but it was not life. It was reality. Nyx was only just born. The everlasting night fell on all the characters, but it grew darkest around four of them, seemingly at random. dawh, Impervious, Kat and star tiger all were enveloped in the extreme blackness of Nyx' birth.

Impervious: Oh, no ways...

---

Aphrodite's plan to seduce Y-San again was completely foiled by the wise old warrior, Nestor. Likewise, Diomedes' attempt to Summon Briares was nullified by the brilliance of Zeus. Skirting what little arrows and spears the Heroes had on them, Hermes managed to escape their cleverness just in the nick of time and reach Aphrodite with a message of utmost importance.

---

The brave Achilles, carrying the will of Nestor, caught up to the fleet-footed God though. Having already sent his message, Hermes let his wariness of Nyx' approach get the best of him. He did not notice Achilles' presence until his spear pierced his chest through his back. Thus, Hermes died and Demeter received his Spirit with open arms.

---

Nyx sealed each of the four prisoners completely in darkness. All their senses proved useless. It was an absolute nightmare. dawh felt around blindly. a useless effort since his sense of touch was taken as well. Unbeknown to dawh, Hypnos' form began to appear from behind him and entered what at first appeared to be the solid black encasing that had captured him. Hypnos laid a hand on dawh's shoulder and sleep washed over him. Kat was not as lucky though. She too was surrounded by the pitch black, but from her cell appeared Thantos. Try as he could, Thanatos could not take her life, but settled instead for another Spirit's life that Kat kept inside her. A summoning died for her this night. Thanatos was satisfied. Impervious' black nightmare became oddly bright. He was granted one of the Summonings he had lost. ST was held in her dear embrace, kept safe from any harm.

---

Roster:

1) Brandonb

2) dawh

3) grey cells

4) IDNE

5) Impervious

6) Kat

7) Prof. Templeton

8) SomeGuy

9) star tiger

10) Y-San

1) Brandonb

2) dawh

3) grey cells

4) IDNE

5) Impervious - voting for Impervious

6) Kat

7) Prof. Templeton

8) SomeGuy

9) star tiger

10) Y-San

lets begin again.

Brandon since you seem to be voting by request, your vote is much appreciated.

Roster:

1) Brandonb

2) dawh

3) grey cells - voting for Impervious

4) IDNE

5) Impervious - voting for Impervious

6) Kat

7) Prof. Templeton

8) SomeGuy - voting for Impervious

9) star tiger

10) Y-San

Edited by SomeGuy