BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

The Battle for Mt Olympus III

itachi-san

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not certain if you edited the post that I am thinking of (and have mentioned the possibility of a misread), but in my mind you have given a hint, be it intentional or not, that I'm pulling out of the difference between the two leaders. I'm not going to pull the post out because I've dug our team a deep enough hole, and would rather trust to the fates and accept whatever happens than keep digging.

Contrary, a tie will drive me crazy. You're also putting fate into a dice or random.org...

@second sentence: well put. You read my mind.

Yes, well only so many things can happen.

I have no information to go off of, so if only one gets sacrificed, it will be just as random as any guess that I make. If non get sacrificed, no harm done.

If both get sacrificed then...

They are either both on my team- we gain two Independents and knowledge of eachother's allegiances.

Neither are on my team- They lose one sacrifice each and must maintain their independents

One is on my team and the other is not- We both get an independent. SG and Impervious, I would suggest calling out who you want to join your team now in case you must both choose.

Roster:

1) Brandonb

2) dawh - voting for Impervious

3) grey cells

4) IDNE- voting for IDNE

5) Impervious - voting for Impervious

6) Kat - voting for SomeGuy

7) Prof. Templeton - voting for SomeGuy

8) SomeGuy - voting for Impervious

9) star tiger - voting for SomeGuy

10) Y-San - voting for SomeGuy

Changing from a useless vote to something of worth :3 Please see previous argument for reasons...

<(^-^)>

Actually...I confess, I saw your pre-edit on your initial vote post...I think you were making the right decision voting for SG...;P

Honestly, I have no idea who SG or Impervious are, so both have the same chance to be on my team right now in my view. I changed my vote because this is a difficult decision and I am flipping back and forth about which is which.

Only four min left.

Roster:

1) Brandonb

3) grey cells

4) IDNE- voting for Impervious

EDIT: I hope that grey cells and Bb are not on my team...

Edited by IDoNotExist

Actually...I confess, I saw your pre-edit on your initial vote post...I think you were making the right decision voting for SG...;P

I agree with the purpled-haired girl over there. It seems to me that if SG is the telling the truth, the disadvantages are probably smaller than the advantages given if SG is lying. But hey, I could be biased for all you know... ;) Then again, maybe I don't care at all about what happens and am simply amusing myself :o

Yes, well only so many things can happen.

I have no information to go off of, so if only one gets sacrificed, it will be just as random as any guess that I make. If non get sacrificed, no harm done.

If both get sacrificed then...

They are either both on my team- we gain two Independents and knowledge of eachother's allegiances.

Neither are on my team- They lose one sacrifice each and must maintain their independents

One is on my team and the other is not- We both get an independent. SG and Impervious, I would suggest calling out who you want to join your team now in case you must both choose.

The flaw is if both are not are your team...then the other team gains an independent, and remember that Impervious wanted to be lynched...so you're helping the other team, at minimal gain for your team. I am fairly certain that SG is on the opposite team...and he doesn't want to be lynched...ideally, you want to hurt the other team just enough through the lynch without allow them to gain an independent, then your team can follow through with Night attacks.

Edit: Expounding: once the other team gains an independent with lots of summons to spare, they can continually lynch the independent without harm to their team and gain other independents. So you really don't want to risk the other team getting an independent by risking 2 sacrifices today.

Edited by Yoruichi-san

Y-San, based on what I now know your scenario is impossible.

Oh also, there is a very low probability of either of them being on your team IDNE. For both of them to be on your team is impossible.

Second Edit: Either of them meaning GC and BB

Edited by SomeGuy

The flaw is if both are not are your team...then the other team gains an independent, and remember that Impervious wanted to be lynched...so you're helping the other team, at minimal gain for your team. I am fairly certain that SG is on the opposite team...and he doesn't want to be lynched...ideally, you want to hurt the other team just enough through the lynch without allow them to gain an independent, then your team can follow through with Night attacks.

Edit: Expounding: once the other team gains an independent with lots of summons to spare, they can continually lynch the independent without harm to their team and gain other independents. So you really don't want to risk the other team getting an independent by risking 2 sacrifices today.

I have more logic for choosing this path, which I will not discuss here.

EDIT: Itachi, when an independent is recruited, the event will be announced, correct?

Edited by IDoNotExist

EDIT: Itachi, when an independent is recruited, the event will be announced, correct?

Example: The other team gains Hercules. They now have vote plurality over the other team, and they continually lynch Hercules to get the other independents. Your team can't do anything about it. The more independents they gain, the more voting power they gain as well. Getting rid of SG takes down their voting power.

Y-San, based on what I now know your scenario is impossible.

Oh also, there is a very low probability of either of them being on your team IDNE. For both of them to be on your team is impossible.

Second Edit: Either of them meaning GC and BB

Based on what I know, the scenario is qute possible. Plus, you're on the hot seat here; who says that you will tell the truth? And are you two pulling another Matrix duo? :P The latest IDNE post is high suspicious :o

Example: The other team gains Hercules. They now have vote plurality over the other team, and they continually lynch Hercules to get the other independents. Your team can't do anything about it. The more independents they gain, the more voting power they gain as well. Getting rid of SG takes down their voting power.

But each team can only recruit two independents. At least, that was the way it was in the last game. Is that right, Itachi?

yes.

well, a team can only have 2 max at a time. ~just clarifying

and 7 minutes... tick tock

Just in time :)

Roster:

1) Brandonb - voting for Impervious

3) grey cells

4) IDNE- voting for Impervious

But each team can only recruit two independents. At least, that was the way it was in the last game. Is that right, Itachi?

I don't see that in the rules... :unsure:

Edit: Saw Bb's post...IDNE...that shows Bb's not on your team either...

Edited by Yoruichi-san

It's my belief that you can have 3 independents, but you'd need to have pretty solid control of the board to make sure they each got a sacrifice in time to not lose them.

Roster:

1) Brandonb - voting for Impervious

3) grey cells

4) IDNE-

Is there timne?

It's my belief that you can have 3 independents, but you'd need to have pretty solid control of the board to make sure they each got a sacrifice in time to not lose them.

Once you've used Hercules to sacrifice all his labors you're not going to need him anymore...:whistling:

Roster:

1) Brandonb - voting for SomeGuy

3) grey cells

4) IDNE-

Edited by Brandonb