BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

The Battle for Mt Olympus III

itachi-san

The price of obtaining an Independent has gone up considerably, considering the small size of the teams, and value of each of the summons. The upkeep of having an independent is also considerable. You sure about this, IDNE? I am not necessarily opposed to playing along, but the side with the independents will be pretty considerably weakened.

Looking at the summons of the independents, I believe that they are crucial to winning the game. Two independents with a bunch of summons can easily maintain eachother in the BTSC with little consequences. There are only two spots for each faction. It seems that Demeter needs to find a spot quickly before she is killed without many summons to sacrifice. Non of the Independents have enough power to win things on their own.

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Someguy, obtaining an indepedent this early won't help much at all...

<(^-^)>

Perhaps, but I am hoping that an early alliance will prove useful later on. I wish that I could reveal my allegiance so that my fellow players could help me out with this, but I guess that if at the end of this day no one has sided with me, I will take that as a sign that my companions all agree to wait.

Lol...I think I know who Heracles is... :lol:

Feel free to spit it out :)

No summons from Odysseus? Or was it just not mentioned?

I would guess Cronos.

Poor Bb and Kat :P

@IDNE: Hey, would you mind telling me which team you are on? I need to know whether to back you up or not ;)

On a more serious note, IDNE is bringing up an interesting argument. On one hand, it's going to be a gamble. The indies can be lost if they don't get a continuous supply of summonings, leaving a chance for the other team to steal amd putting the original team in a very risky position. On the other hand, he does make a good point concerning indies gaining more by being on one side and them having a higher chance of winning this way. Not to mention, it'll make the game more interesting :o

Oh sorry :duh: , I should have mentioned it was the Age of Heroes. It didn't dawn on me because that Age doesn't change anything. As for certain actions being left out, I only write about actions that impact other Players who would not have known otherwise. So, if Odysseus had not guessed Zeus - Hermes' action, I would not have mentioned it. I could write every action if that's the preferred way for the majority of Players, but I prefer to leave a bit to ambiguity, since if everything is spelled out each night, IDs would be very easy to ascertain.

Okay, thanks for clarifying. So that means Odysseus did catch Hermes after all, I guess...;P

Hmm...so that makes me wonder why Nestor's summon was mentioned...

Roster:

1) Brandonb

2) dawh - voting for Impervious

3) grey cells

4) IDNE- voting for IDNE

5) Impervious

6) Kat

7) Prof. Templeton

8) SomeGuy

9) star tiger

10) Y-San - voting for SomeGuy

Well, this conversation has to get moving somehow. I'm not sure who I really should vote for, but here's a random stab. The way Itachi's written it, no matter who you are, you won't come to an early demise in this game. :o

Roster:

1) Brandonb

3) grey cells

4) IDNE- voting for IDNE

5) Impervious

6) Kat

7) Prof. Templeton

8) SomeGuy - voting for BrandonB

9) star tiger

Man, Y-San, damned if I do... damned if I don't. As it stands though, random.org wins today.

Man, Y-San, damned if I do... damned if I don't. As it stands though, random.org wins today.

Hmm, random.org you say? I have suspicions...

Roster:

1) Brandonb

3) grey cells

4) IDNE- voting for IDNE

5) Impervious

6) Kat

7) Prof. Templeton

9) star tiger - voting for SomeGuy

Roster:

1) Brandonb

3) grey cells

4) IDNE- voting for IDNE

5) Impervious - voting for Impervious

6) Kat

7) Prof. Templeton

Because I can. :D

Roster:

1) Brandonb

3) grey cells

4) IDNE- voting for IDNE

5) Impervious - voting for Impervious

6) Kat - voting for BrandonB

7) Prof. Templeton

Because ties are fun :3 And I have a minor grudge against him B))

<(^-^)>

My my, I feel like like a star after all that attention last night!

I am really busy right now, so I don't really have the chance to get involved in-depth at this point (Though I should be good to go on Thursday). But it seems that several people have a clue about who I am already. :duh: Well, hopefully that will work out in my favor. :blush:

But I do not know who to vote for today... Can someone help me make a decision about this sacrifice? :P

Edit: Aww, I just noticed that Kat voted for me! :( that wasn't very nice. And what's with the grudge?

Edited by Brandonb

Well, if it helps to make a decision, voting for me will accomplish nothing. So, it would be best not to leave them there.

Are you claiming who I think you're claiming? :huh:

Of course they do! But this is different! I could end up being on your team!

Yeah, so could anyone else I vote for :P Stop taking it so personally, I was only joking :rolleyes:

<(^-^)>

Edit: Missed Bb's post

Edited by Kathleen

Are you claiming who I think you're claiming? :huh:

He's most likely claiming and indie role....

I was just thinking about that :P Although he could just be claiming it because he's desperate...not many summonings? :o

I was just thinking about that :P Although he could just be claiming it because he's desperate...not many summonings? :o

This early on? I doubt he's desperate now...

<(^-^)>

Well, if it helps to make a decision, voting for me will accomplish nothing. So, it would be best not to leave them there.

Me thinks thou doth protest too much... ;P

I would guess he has few summonings and they are too useful to lose...:whistling:

This early on? I doubt he's desperate now...

<(^-^)>

:lol: , just saying...if you really want to go through every situation, you'll get yourself tangled up in no time (especially with, he thinks that we think that he thinks that we think that he thinks so-and-so, which is why he decided to not do it, but then we'll think that he thinks etc...), or he's actually an indie wanting to be recruited :rolleyes::P If it's SG, you can't believe anything he says ;)

If it's SG, you can't believe anything he says ;)

I'm honored, but I got this much paranoia last game and was acting rather straightforward, if you'll remember :) Anyway, think what you will. If you opt to lynch me, it will be a loss (and a waste), but it will be far from the end.

And I tend not to wait until times are desperate to present my defenses. By then it's usually too late. But, that said, I think we've learned a little bit already, which is good, and I'll be interested to hear what the so far silent voices have to add.

I'm honored, but I got this much paranoia last game and was acting rather straightforward, if you'll remember :) Anyway, think what you will. If you opt to lynch me, it will be a loss (and a waste), but it will be far from the end.

And I tend not to wait until times are desperate to present my defenses. By then it's usually too late. But, that said, I think we've learned a little bit already, which is good, and I'll be interested to hear what the so far silent voices have to add.

Well, since you played straightforward, you might not this time...people from last game are also playing this time...but then again, you might be using the same strategy just to fool everyone (this is what I mean about getting tangled up -_- ). Hmm, I guess an indie might decide to come out of the shadows to be fought over...it might actually work, since neither teams can immediately eliminate the indie in question, and by doing so is mostly saying that they would not ally with the indie, which will put the team in a bad spot. On the other hand, it might be the lack of summonings available to be spared, and SG put this defense up early to make him seem like he wasn't grasping at straws. So many posibilities, so little time... :rolleyes:

Yeah, we're getting a serious WIFOM problem here >.< The problem is, lynches no longer reveal who people are, or kill people *at least this early on*, so we all really don't know what to do, because no one knows who's a threat to themselves or their team :wacko:

<(^-^)>