BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

The Battle for Mt Olympus III

itachi-san

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More clarifications:

1) only 1 summoning may be used per Night.

2) indy roles cannot make offerings unless they have been recruited.

3) inactivity is a choice for Action and Summoning, though not a very fruitful one. if you are targeted successfully, you will still lose a Summoning.

Only 1 Offering for Hades if he gets Sacrificed. It evens out with his abilities and wealth of Summonings.

What about for Heracles? He sacrifices the challenges? And does it count as gone once he uses it against someone else?

What about for Heracles? He sacrifices the challenges? And does it count as gone once he uses it against someone else?

Yes, he sacrifices a Summoning just like everyone else [excluding Hades] (though a little more abstract than others' Summonings). And once it's gone, it's gone, whether he Sacrifices it or uses it on someone.

Just another clarification:

Since it was the following way in the past 2 games, I may not have made this clear enough this time around: the only way to recruit Independents is with 2 Offerings made by non-Independents or Indies that have been recruited already. Characters like Nestor, Diomedes, Aphrodite and Poseidon can only be recruited with Odysseus' and Zeus' respective 3 correct guesses.

Night 1: The Storming of Olympus

Icarus dropped Diomedes onto the Heavenly pathway leading to Mount Olympus. The warrior landed crouched on his left foot and right knee, double swords strapped to his back in an enormous X. He looked up at his companions Odysseus and Nestor who had already been flown to the Great Heights by the Winged Icarus, and they welcomed him.

Icarus: Good luck Heroes. This is where I depart. Demeter calls for my soul as we speak so I must take my leave.

Odysseus: We are much obliged for your help and wish you a restful stay in Tartarus.

Icarus: It will be, thanks to you three and your fallen brethren. Oh. Beware the Spirit of Hades. Word has it that he has captured some of your fallen comrades' spirits and intends to use them for his own bidding, perhaps even against you.

Nestor: The bastard! I should have guessed he wouldn't fade away quietly...

Diomedes: It's unacceptable for him to disgrace such brave and noble warriors! Achilles! Menelaus!

Diomedes shouted up to the peak of Olympus. Tears streaming across his face as the winds picked up and began rustling and beating their cloaks like flags. Odysseus looked straight into the violent gusts, sensing Icarus descending back down to the Surface.

Odysseus: Perhaps it isn't as bad as it sounds. If we could somehow inspire Hades to help us, our fallen friends may rejoice at this last chance to fight for our cause! Cheer up you two! We must have all our wits if we intend to dethrone Zeus. And that is a goal we share with Hades. I'm certain of it!

The winds picked up to an incredible speed forcing the three Heroes to cover their faces and squint their eyes. It was literally breathtaking, as they gasped for air, Odysseus began to have reservations about this whole plan. His mind froze as he even forgot his pact with the Titans and the enormous help they could be in this battle to come. Giant thunder clouds sped toward the three, and took on the shape of Zeus. His eyes, holes in the clouds, allowing a brilliant light to shine through and nearly blind the Heroes. They pierced each trespasser with ire and hate. Words bellowed from the encroaching thunder.

Zeus: Gods?! You three call yourself Gods now!? Begone!

A massive three pronged lightning bolt shot from the mouth of Zeus' visage and exploded next to each Hero. They were tossed far from each other. Each as far away as could be from the other, but the blast was not powerful enough to send them from Olympus. As difficult as it seemed, they would have to find each other despite whatever obstacles they should encounter. That is, if they hoped to achieve victory here, in Zeus' home, where his power reigned supreme.

---

Odysseus awoke, surrounded by boulders, and oddly enough, looked after by Hermes. He propped himself up on his elbows and called out to the Messenger. Hermes looked a bit shocked and sped away from the rising Odysseus, taking flight into the safety of the air.

Hermes: I can no longer help you, Achaean. It has been decreed by Zeus himself.

Odysseus: I know where you're going! To Poseidon no doubt!

Hermes: Always the bright one... nevertheless you're still too slow to catch me! Even if I only possess one of my winged sandals, you'll never catch me!

Odysseus rose with a final grunt of pain, stretching his back. "We'll see about that, Messenger, we shall see if I can catch you!"

---

Zeus stood in the Grand Halls of his Temple. All shone with golden and crystal brilliance. His hands clasped behind his back. "Everything is set in motion. I'll crush these newly made so-called Gods... Hmph! Now if only my brother were a bit more punctual. I would have imagined he could Summon Ares faster than this... I will accept no fatalities this Night!"

---

But Poseidon had his hands full, as he fought the cunning Brandonb. No sooner had Poseidon arrived at Mount Olympus, had he engaged in this battle. Most of Olympus was in awe at the presence of Poseidon, which was indeed a rarity and a pleasure, but not for Bb. The two fought the moment they crossed eyes. But Bb sped away from the Sea God each time he attempted a killing strike with his Sacred Trident. Luckily for Olympus, Poseidon had much more pain to dish out than only that which his Trident could stab. He spun the weapon over his head so quickly it looked as if the monstrous God held up a Giant's wheel. As Bb intently watched his opponent's action, the Trident came smashing down and divided the ground in two, the opening canyon rapidly approached Bb, but to both of their surprise, GC ran in between the two fighters, latched onto Bb and escaped with him.

GC set Bb down in a cave, hidden from Poseidon's rage. Just as Bb was about to ask what GC was up to, he noticed an arrow jutting from his savior's thigh. He wrenched it free and GC screamed, but the clouded look vanished from his eyes.

Bb: This is an arrow from Eros if I'm not mistaken.

GC: Oh thank the Heavens... I couldn't figure out why I was so attracted to you... phew...

Bb: Yea... (snapping the arrow over his knee) thanks for that, but I think I'd prefer to take my leave.

GC sat back laughing. "Please do! Now that my senses have returned, I think I may take a stab at killing you myself."

The two chuckled, but slowly their faces became serious. Bb did indeed leave GC in that cave, just as GC began unsheathing his sword, now with completely new thoughts cycling through his mind.

---

Impervious stood slack-jawed as the effervescent Aphrodite swayed her hips walking toward him. "You? What are.. What... ummm... wow..."

Aphrodite: Hehe. That's what I thought you'd say.

A moment before she wrapped her arms around the smitten Impervious, Heracles's arms pushed the two away from each other. Aphrodite, startled at the brute strength of Heracles, fled while she had the chance. Impervious almost fell, but caught himself as his mind began to work once more. He thanked Heracles, but was only returned a shady look, as the giant left him. Heracles desired his safety, but he was not sure for how long that intention would last.

---

Nestor and the spirit of Agamemnon conversed about how to destroy the beauty Aphrodite and her minions, but their plans proved useless for the night. Nestor remained uncertain, thinking that his old mind and body could most likely not resist her charms, thus making her a very dangerous opponent indeed.

---

As Bb stealthily left the area of the cave, he felt the slightest weight on his shoulder. Looking up, his eyes widened to see that Clio had gracefully leaped up onto him without even his notice.

Clio: You won't be making an actions tonight.

Bb (smirking): You assume that I even intended to make any? ...How presumptuous.

---

Having a purely awful time, Kat spent every hour of it cleaning the Augean Stables, wondering if even the entire Night was enough time for such a task. She wondered how this dreamworld even managed to surround her, but she knew one thing for certain: there was no escape until the task was finished. She sighed and continued on with the vile work.

---

Two violent clashes were afoot during the waning hours of the first Night of the invasion. Diomedes held his swords high, ready to crash down on SomeGuy and the Siren began to sing her song, enticing GC to a very near-death experience. But at this moment, Poseidon finally readied himself to Summon the former God of War. From the frothing Sea, a figure of pure fire rose, arms folded across his massive chest. His eyes were firey daggers, ready to control and contort the fates of War once again. Breathing in the fresh air of Olympus, exhaling tendrils of smoke from his awakened body, Ares opened his arms to face Olympus.

Ares: I command thee.. Stop!

The Siren's image flickered and then drifted away like sand in the wind. Diomedes' swords hung still in the air, providing SG with ample time to escape. Diomedes looked off into the distance, toward the sound of that voice.

Diomedes: No... No! Ares!

The two locked eyes even so far away. Ares felt a mixture of pleasure at having defied his enemy, and aggravation that he was too weak to kill him then and there. Ares' spirit waned and eventually vanished. Both Poseidon and Zeus felt each other's satisfaction as the Sun began to rise over Olympus.

---

Roster:

1) Brandonb

2) dawh

3) grey cells

4) IDNE

5) Impervious

6) Kat

7) Prof. Templeton

8) SomeGuy

9) star tiger

10) Y-San

Day 1 begins now and ends in 24 hours.

Roster:

1) Brandonb

2) dawh

3) grey cells

4) IDNE-

5) Impervious

6) Kat

7) Prof. Templeton

8) SomeGuy

9) star tiger

10) Y-San

Wow, a whole lot of stuff to consider right now. So, who are we supposed to sacriiffice this time? Any suggestions? Guess I will hold my vote for now.

Edited by IDoNotExist

If no one is going to vote yet, I guess I will start. Everyone seems to vote this way on this game anyway.

Roster:

1) Brandonb

2) dawh

3) grey cells

4) IDNE- voting for IDNE

5) Impervious

6) Kat

7) Prof. Templeton

8) SomeGuy

9) star tiger

10) Y-San

Question for Itachi: Can Olympians/Heroes who are not in the BTSC make sacrifices for an independent, or an independent make a sacrifice to join BTSC?

Sorry, still trying to wrap my mind around all of the rules. :wacko:

Edited by IDoNotExist

No summons from Odysseus? Or was it just not mentioned?

I would guess Cronos. So what have we learned? Bb is not Poseidon or Mnemosyne, GC is not Aphrodite (again) or the Siren, Impervious is not Aphrodite, Kat is not Hercules (and now smells like a barn), and SG is not Diomedes. Also did Zeus send Odysseus a Hermegram?

I imagine that Odysseus summoned Cronus, and it looks like Zeus summoned Hermes. The reason I think That Odysseus summoned Cronus is that it would have given him a head start on his guessing. I agree that the Age would be nice to know, though I think that's fairly easy to guess, too.

Quick Edit @ PT: I think that Zeus sent Poseidon a Hermegram, based on the conversation between Odysseus and Hermes. It also sounds like Poseidon summoned Ares.

Edited by SomeGuy

I would guess Cronos. So what have we learned? Bb is not Poseidon or Mnemosyne, GC is not Aphrodite (again) or the Siren, Impervious is not Aphrodite, Kat is not Hercules (and now smells like a barn), and SG is not Diomedes. Also did Zeus send Odysseus a Hermegram?

Well, since Clio was successful...(or so it seemed)...and Kat was..."busy"...the list of who Bb and Kat could be is significantly narrowed...

And it looked like Zeus was sending Poseidon the Hermesgram...;P

Quick Edit @ PT: I think that Zeus sent Poseidon a Hermegram, based on the conversation between Odysseus and Hermes. It also sounds like Poseidon summoned Ares.

Gotcha! That makes more sense now.

Well, since Clio was successful...(or so it seemed)...and Kat was..."busy"...the list of who Bb and Kat could be is significantly narrowed...

Double Gotcha!

Lol...I think I know who Heracles is... :lol:

I must have missed it...what Era was it last Night?

Oh sorry :duh: , I should have mentioned it was the Age of Heroes. It didn't dawn on me because that Age doesn't change anything. As for certain actions being left out, I only write about actions that impact other Players who would not have known otherwise. So, if Odysseus had not guessed Zeus - Hermes' action, I would not have mentioned it. I could write every action if that's the preferred way for the majority of Players, but I prefer to leave a bit to ambiguity, since if everything is spelled out each night, IDs would be very easy to ascertain.

Question for Itachi: Can Olympians/Heroes who are not in the BTSC make sacrifices for an independent, or an independent make a sacrifice to join BTSC?

Sorry, still trying to wrap my mind around all of the rules. :wacko:

Poseidon, Aphrodite, Zeus, Odysseus, Nestor and Diomedes (if Sacrificed) can make an Offering to an Independent of their choice. If an Independent gets Sacrificed, they lose a Summoning and make no Offering (unless they have already been recruited)

For those of you who are at some point likely to be Sacrificed today: Please remember to send me your Offering (if applicable) before the Day is over.

Oh sorry :duh: , I should have mentioned it was the Age of Heroes. It didn't dawn on me because that Age doesn't change anything. As for certain actions being left out, I only write about actions that impact other Players who would not have known otherwise. So, if Odysseus had not guessed Zeus - Hermes' action, I would not have mentioned it. I could write every action if that's the preferred way for the majority of Players, but I prefer to leave a bit to ambiguity, since if everything is spelled out each night, IDs would be very easy to ascertain.

Poseidon, Aphrodite, Zeus, Odysseus, Nestor and Diomedes (if Sacrificed) can make an Offering to an Independent of their choice. If an Independent gets Sacrificed, they lose a Summoning and make no Offering (unless they have already been recruited)

For those of you who are at some point likely to be Sacrificed today: Please remember to send me your Offering (if applicable) before the Day is over.

Then I will definitly vote for myself. I will not pretend to be an independent when I am not. I am guessing that when a member of the Heroes/Olympians makes a sacrifice, the independent will join the BTSC, but the other player will not.

Roster:

1) Brandonb

2) dawh

3) grey cells

4) IDNE- voting for IDNE

5) Impervious

6) Kat

7) Prof. Templeton

8) SomeGuy

9) star tiger

10) Y-San

Perhaps my master will find a way to support me in being sacriffiiced without revealing himself. I know that this practically gives my role away, but I think that it is a good move to make. Those of you who believe you are on my side, and the independents who wish to be recruited, please cast your votes.

Edited by IDoNotExist

Roster:

1) Brandonb

2) dawh

3) grey cells

4) IDNE- voting for IDNE

5) Impervious

6) Kat

7) Prof. Templeton

8) SomeGuy

9) star tiger

10) Y-San

The price of obtaining an Independent has gone up considerably, considering the small size of the teams, and value of each of the summons. The upkeep of having an independent is also considerable. You sure about this, IDNE? I am not necessarily opposed to playing along, but the side with the independents will be pretty considerably weakened.

Kat is not Hercules (and now smells like a barn)

I'm gonna let that slide... :dry:

The price of obtaining an Independent has gone up considerably, considering the small size of the teams, and value of each of the summons. The upkeep of having an independent is also considerable. You sure about this, IDNE? I am not necessarily opposed to playing along, but the side with the independents will be pretty considerably weakened.

I agree with Someguy, obtaining an indepedent this early won't help much at all...

<(^-^)>