BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Three brothers live in different towns. before each moved away they took an oath to drink a beer for each of them (so three beers each) after work every day.

For one of the brothers(Matt) a bartender asked him" Why do you drink Three beers everyday?" His reply was "I drink 1 for my brother sam, 1 for my brother Luke and 1 for me."

The next day Matt only bought two beers. The Bartender asked "Did something happen I'm Terribly sorry."

Matt replied "Nothing happened... I decide to..."

Can you answer why Matt only ordered two beers?

Edited by cjstone314

19 answers to this question

Three brothers live in different towns. before each moved away they took an oath to drink a beer for each of them (so three beers each) after work every day.

For one of the brothers(Matt) a bartender asked him" Why do you drink Three beers everyday?" His reply was "I drink 1 for my brother sam, 1 for my brother Luke and 1 for me."

The next day Matt only bought two beers. The Bartender asked "Did something happen I'm Terribly sorry."

Matt replied "Nothing happened... I decide to..."

Can you answer why Matt only ordered two beers?

because he joined the Mormon Church and had to quit drinking

close it has to do with churc, cut not in that way.

happens for a certain amount of days

KEEP TRYING!!!!

He quit drinking for lent? (I've heard this as a joke before, but never as a riddle.)

Avalanche was right. it was lent. all of the other answers probably could have worked, but they weren't right. He gave up drinking for lent, but he still had to drink for his brothers.

Edited by cjstone314

Couldn't he also just drink 2 at that time, then drink another a few hours later?

Well i really don't know. Why would he do that if he could by them 1 right after the other.

Well the oath said AFTER work. That day was Sunday and Sabbath where he didn't go to work. Thus, he had no obligation to drink three beers. Instead, he drank two, for his personal taste, not for his brothers.

Well the oath said AFTER work. That day was Sunday and Sabbath where he didn't go to work. Thus, he had no obligation to drink three beers. Instead, he drank two, for his personal taste, not for his brothers.

it was for lent. he gave up drinking beer for lent, but he still had to drink for the oath.

Hehe... I don't get this teaser/joke at all.

Could someone explain it to me like I was 5 years old? :blink:

Lent is a christian period in the Christian calendar. It's where you give up something for 40 days. This guy gave up beer for 40 days (that was his first day), but he still had to drink for him brothers!!

Lent is a christian period in the Christian calendar. It's where you give up something for 40 days. This guy gave up beer for 40 days (that was his first day), but he still had to drink for him brothers!!

Ahh, then it all makes sence. I tried doing some searches first of course - but without even knowing it was a christian thing, try to make relevant searches for the word "lent" ^_^

Thanks for clarifying this for me, PeaceOut.

Another answer could be

His doctor asked him to quit drinking, indeed he quits drinking, but he continues to drink for his two brothers. BTW, in OP's answer, aren't his brothers Christian? why does he continues to drink for his brothers at Lent?