BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

• Answers 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

an iceberg?

Nope. hints:

Not an iceberg. Some answers have been close, but nobody's reasoning has been. Look at a globe.

Edited by hungryjeff

The part of the earth facing away from the sun? As in night.

I'm right from the dawn, - Right of the globe from sun rise.

left from the evening, - Left of the globe from evening.

straight from the sun, - You can draw a straight line from the sun

and stranded in the ocean.

So someone should start

a What Am I motion. - The earth's rotation?

Is this reasoning off too?

I was going in that direction too. I thought about the equator, but that wouldn't be right or left. Also the prime meridian, but that's not stranded in the ocean.

The part of the earth facing away from the sun? As in night.

I'm right from the dawn, - Right of the globe from sun rise.

left from the evening, - Left of the globe from evening.

straight from the sun, - You can draw a straight line from the sun

So someone should start

a What Am I motion. - The earth's rotation?

Is this reasoning off too?

Nope. hints:

Not an iceberg. Some answers have been close, but nobody's reasoning has been. Look at a globe.

snares islands?

snare - trap

stranded - stuck

not a perfect synonym - but close.

however if you want something that is "strand"-ed in the ocean, there are many island chains. Hawaii could be one. The Alutian Islands are another chain of islands stretching from the west coast of alaska, and past the 180 degree meridian. (east/west - left/right). don't have a clue as to how you would tie in "straight from the sun" though.

It must be something that remains the same no matter what time of the day it is. So it can't be a fixed location. I was also thinking of the compass on maps (compass rose, I think).

Nope. hints:

Hmm... I'm bugged by this. I have a few very different answers... but none seems to work...

I first thought sunshine itself, but that seems wrong.

My second thought was the green flash! It's a phenomenon at dusk. Random, I know....

The North pole being close thing is what is screwing me up... Stranded in the ocean...

I just thought that it could be the equator... I'd explain my reasoning, but I want to know if that's right first.

I was also thinking about the northern lights, but I don't think you can see them at dawn.

I like the strand-ed idea. I had thought of an island like Hawaii or Guam or even the island of Kiribati (I think) where the international date line crosses.

I'm right from the dawn,

left from the evening,

straight from the sun,

So someone should start

a What Am I motion.

i have 2 guesses

the horizon

the sunset or the sunrise

sorry if someone else has said these, I didn't read all the posts

It must be something that remains the same no matter what time of the day it is. So it can't be a fixed location. I was also thinking of the compass on maps (compass rose, I think).

You get a 8/10 for this answer.

Narrow this down. You've all been dancing around the answer, I thought someone would get it for sure right after the first page or two of guesses.

Edited by hungryjeff

First time posting here, hope I got the spoiler thing right.

The dark side of the moon? its between dusk and dawn, strait from the sun, and stranded in the ocean of space?

First time posting here, hope I got the spoiler thing right.

The dark side of the moon? its between dusk and dawn, strait from the sun, and stranded in the ocean of space?

None so far. There are some posts that are very close, and even some that I debated considering close enough. If I get time I'll add another blip to the riddle. But if you look at my responses to the guess on page 4 you shouldn't need more.

None so far. There are some posts that are very close, and even some that I debated considering close enough. If I get time I'll add another blip to the riddle. But if you look at my responses to the guess on page 4 you shouldn't need more.

tbh... ive seen several answers myself that seemed justifiably correct, but not what you had in mind. following the logic in that post...

the center of the earth?

I'm more intrigued now than ever to see what the proper answer is.

I'm right from the dawn,

left from the evening,

straight from the sun,

So someone should start

a What Am I motion.

Is it daytime? Daylight? Stupid stranded in the ocean confuses me! Haha... Ok, so right from the dawn on the globe would be east of dawn, would be after the early morning, left of evening would be west of the darkness on the globe, so it's daytime, or maybe high noon to be "straight from the sun" but then there's this blasted stranded in the ocean that doesn't make any sense to me. Compass rose , north pole are close... IS IT THE RAND MCNALLY LABEL!?? Ugh... (I'm just typing out my thoughts here...) Earlier I was going to guess the Key but the whole dawn/evening thing wouldn't always be true. I'm clearly quite discombobulated here.

I'm right from the dawn,

left from the evening,

straight from the sun,

So someone should start

a What Am I motion.

Is it daytime? Daylight? Stupid stranded in the ocean confuses me! Haha... Ok, so right from the dawn on the globe would be east of dawn, would be after the early morning, left of evening would be west of the darkness on the globe, so it's daytime, or maybe high noon to be "straight from the sun" but then there's this blasted stranded in the ocean that doesn't make any sense to me. Compass rose , north pole are close... IS IT THE RAND MCNALLY LABEL!?? Ugh... (I'm just typing out my thoughts here...) Earlier I was going to guess the Key but the whole dawn/evening thing wouldn't always be true. I'm clearly quite discombobulated here.

none so far

Some of the answers so far have been close enough to shave with. SCSW is so close with 'compass rose' that I am almost tempted to complete that guess and give you the answer. 'Norh Pole' is taking it too far.

none so far

Some of the answers so far have been close enough to shave with. SCSW is so close with 'compass rose' that I am almost tempted to complete that guess and give you the answer. 'Norh Pole' is taking it too far.

The scale? What else is there on a globe... and how does a compass rose always stay right of dawn and left of evening...?

The scale? What else is there on a globe... and how does a compass rose always stay right of dawn and left of evening...?

i dunno... but a globe doesn't have a dawn and evening. so I don't think it has anything to do with something that is only on a globe... but perhaps the globe depicts something that is real. compass rose implies direction... north pole is taking it too far, as I presume so would south pole - but nothing was mentioned of this. this leads me to presume it is somewhere north of the equator, unless it is the equator itself. the equator can be said to be straight from the sun - as it is the area of the earth which receives the most direct sunlight, but regarding the tilt of the earth's axis, it is not always head on. The range varies between the Tropic of Capricorn and the Tropic of Cancer. The Tropics could fit straight from the sun and stranded in the ocean, but is not really right of dawn and left of evening, unless you count that the line of latitude runs around the entire earth - and therefore "the tropics" are always right of dawn and left of evening, regardless of the time of day in your current location.

i dunno... but a globe doesn't have a dawn and evening. so I don't think it has anything to do with something that is only on a globe... but perhaps the globe depicts something that is real. compass rose implies direction... north pole is taking it too far, as I presume so would south pole - but nothing was mentioned of this. this leads me to presume it is somewhere north of the equator, unless it is the equator itself. the equator can be said to be straight from the sun - as it is the area of the earth which receives the most direct sunlight, but regarding the tilt of the earth's axis, it is not always head on. The range varies between the Tropic of Capricorn and the Tropic of Cancer. The Tropics could fit straight from the sun and stranded in the ocean, but is not really right of dawn and left of evening, unless you count that the line of latitude runs around the entire earth - and therefore "the tropics" are always right of dawn and left of evening, regardless of the time of day in your current location.

Right, Left, and Straight are directional. Dawn, Evening, and Son is where the etymology comes in handy.

i think it's

magnetic poles?

the magnetey stuffs that goes around i mean. the magnetic waves or whatever you call it that makes a compas work (this is all one answer). i don't know what u would call it.