BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Dark Room

Question

yeah I would light the match first, then I would light the candle 'cause I know I can do it quickly and I might not be able light the lamp before the match went out. Of course you really shouldn't light any thing in a dark room, you'll ruin all the exposurers and some of those chemicals are flammable. :lol:

I would need to light the match first... I have to light the candle with something, and how about the kerosene lamp. It's not like you press a button and it comes on...You need a fire to start either one... And for that I have a match.

Personally i would do:

The Match

The Kerosene Lamp

The Candle

i know that not the 'puzzle'/'riddle' but thats how i would do it!

^_^

i would do the candle last because then i can put it in the lamp somehow...?

LOL!!!

anyways!

The answer to the 'Riddle' is THE MATCH!

>_<

Nuff Luff peeps!

Kei

xoxox

...over and out...

wouldn't you want to light the candel first so if the match goes out you still have something to light the lamp with

actually the old riddle was told a little diffently putting the focus on the lamp and candle,

which would make lighting the match the correct but less obvious solution.

it was something like,

you were in a very dark placy

and you had a matchbox with only one match left.

and you one had a candle and an oil lamp,

what would you light first.......

I know somebody said this in a spoiler tag, but not everybody reads those apparently, so I thought I'd say it again.

The answer to the riddle (one that I've heard many, many times) is THE ROOM. That's the point of the riddle. You are supposed to think outside of the box. In this case, the box is composed of the three objects you are given (the match, the candle, and the lamp). Due to the fact that "light" can mean so many things, this riddle isn't a great one, but I always heard the answer as the room seeing as it is the first thing that becomes lit.

I know somebody said this in a spoiler tag, but not everybody reads those apparently, so I thought I'd say it again.

The answer to the riddle (one that I've heard many, many times) is THE ROOM. That's the point of the riddle. You are supposed to think outside of the box. In this case, the box is composed of the three objects you are given (the match, the candle, and the lamp). Due to the fact that "light" can mean so many things, this riddle isn't a great one, but I always heard the answer as the room seeing as it is the first thing that becomes lit.

How about the door that lead to the dark room in the first place... common sense.. you said it yourself you have to think outside of the box.. if the room is dark you can't see the wall to strike the match on.. which renders the other two useless. But maybe yo u can't see the door either... hmm? :huh:

This still would not be true since the match or the person lighting the match are closer to the source of the light so before it would light the room it would still light the match first, then you, then the rest of the room!!