BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Prof. Templeton

Question

John was sitting outside his local pub one day, enjoying a quiet pint and generally feeling good about himself, when a nun suddenly appears at his table and starts decrying the evils of drink.

"You should be ashamed of yourself young man! Drinking is a Sin! Alcohol is the blood of the devil!"

Now John gets pretty annoyed about this, and goes on the offensive.

"How do you know this, Sister?"

"My Mother Superior told me so."

"But have you ever had a drink yourself? How can you be sure that what you are saying is right?"

"Don't be ridiculous--of course I have never taken alcohol myself"

"Then let me buy you a drink - if you still believe afterwards that it is evil I will give up drink for life"

"How could I, a Nun, sit outside this public house drinking?!"

"I'll get the barman to put it in a teacup for you, then no one will ever know."

The Nun reluctantly agrees, so John goes inside to the bar.

"Another pint for me, and a triple vodka on the rocks", then he lowers his voice and says to the barman "and could you put the vodka in a teacup?"

"Oh no! It's not that Nun again is it?"

19 answers to this question

On a philosophical note, some cultures drink/drank the blood of their enemies to gain power over their enemies, or just to absorb their powers.

So by drinking the devil's blood, wouldn't she be gaining power over the devil?

Edited by Romulus064

I thought in christianity wine was the blood of christ.

That's what I've heard too. I don't think christians say alcohol is evil. They'd just advise you not to drink too much of it, like any reasonable person would. The nun did it just for the free drinks ^_^

John was sitting outside his local pub one day, enjoying a quiet pint and generally feeling good about himself, when a nun suddenly appears at his table and starts decrying the evils of drink.

"You should be ashamed of yourself young man! Drinking is a Sin! Alcohol is the blood of the devil!"

Now John gets pretty annoyed about this, and goes on the offensive.

"How do you know this, Sister?"

"My Mother Superior told me so."

"But have you ever had a drink yourself? How can you be sure that what you are saying is right?"

"Don't be ridiculous--of course I have never taken alcohol myself"

"Then let me buy you a drink - if you still believe afterwards that it is evil I will give up drink for life"

"How could I, a Nun, sit outside this public house drinking?!"

"I'll get the barman to put it in a teacup for you, then no one will ever know."

The Nun reluctantly agrees, so John goes inside to the bar.

"Another pint for me, and a triple vodka on the rocks", then he lowers his voice and says to the barman "and could you put the vodka in a teacup?"

"Oh no! It's not that Nun again is it?"

But if it is also blood of christ, then devil=Jesus :o

O sorry. Covers a wide spectrum, doesn't it? Look up gnosticism, its considered christianity. Wait, are there nuns for every sect of christianity, just one, or a few different ones?

This reminds me of a nun joke.

Two nuns are walking down the street when they notice a drunk man following them. They decide to split up and whoever he follows will give him the slip and meet the other back at the convent. So they do so, except the nun he follows can't get away. When she meets her sister back at the convent, the sister asks what happened. "Well, I couldn't get away from him, so I pulled up my dress and he pulled down his pants." "And what happened?"

"Everyone knows a lady can run faster with her dress up than a man can with his pants down!"

:lol: