BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

A spy has been sent to assasinate someone however when he gets there he finds everyone at the target location having a massive party,not to mention they are all drunk,and yet the assasanation did not work...what happend?

17 answers to this question

A spy has been sent to assasinate someone however when he gets there he finds everyone at the target location having a massive party,not to mention they are all drunk,and yet the assasanation did not work...what happend?

Can we ask yes or no questions?

Did the spy get drunk?

Was the target already dead?

The target was still in the birthday cake, waiting for her cue to jump out!

Though I can't imagine what a birthday cake jumper outer would have done to warrant a price on her head.

Is the misspelling of assassination part of the clue to solving this?

His plan was to poison the drinking water. But everybody is drinking out of beer/liquor bottles cause its a party!

But the funeral answer is probably right. I second that one.

His plan was to poison the drinking water. But everybody is drinking out of beer/liquor bottles cause its a party!

But the funeral answer is probably right. I second that one.

Not very tactful if everyone was drunk at a funeral...but, I guess that may just be me...I guess the irish variety does help with this :-) ...so that may be the answer...some other answers could be:

it was a policeman's ball...obviously the assassinator isn't going to try to assassinate someone at a policeman's ball...

his target died some other way AT the party (so technically the assassination did NOT occur)...

the person he was supposed to assassinate was not AT the party...

the assassinator got caught up in the party, got drunk with everyone else and forgot to assassinate his target...

...he's a horrible assassinator and just didn't assassinate the guy (maybe he missed with his gun, forgot the poison, whatever...)

Edited by Pickett

He was sent to kill "Someone" but instead "Everyone" was there.. These are people's names, not references.. sort of like: Who's on first, What's on second..

:) good one though.

He was sent to kill "Someone" but instead "Everyone" was there.. These are people's names, not references.. sort of like: Who's on first, What's on second..

if that's so, then how are they 'all' drunk when there's only one person there? that's the only reason that doesn't make sense, but it might be that the riddle was stated badly.

He was going to blow up the target - but the target was already bombed

Please use a spoiler. To the left, under the smileys

I agree with Vicci's theory! :D

They were faking it :P

Please use a spoiler. To the left, under the smileys.

he was going to collapse the house. the party was going on outside.

:P