BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

peace*out

Question

my own rules...i have no idea if this is the same rules as the word search puzzles, but it will work...somehow...i think you are all smart enough to do it without my own rules posted up here...except, and this is my only hint for now, i do know that at least ONE rule isn't the same...

_a.b.c.d.e.f.g.h.i.j.k.l.m.n.o.p.q.r

a2._._.2.2.--------------------------

b-------------------------------------

c-------------------------------------

d2-------1--------------------.1---1

e2-----1----------------------.1---1

f-------------------------------------

g-------------------------------------

h-------------------------------------

i--------------------------------------

j--------------------------------------

k--------------------------------------

l----------------------------------------

m-------------------------------------

n-------------------------------------

o------------------------------------

p2----11--------------------------1

q-----------------------------------

r2----.11----------------------1--1

8 answers to this question

erm... YES! you have me totally in the dark, idk were to start!

the letters are how many times that letter interacts with another. It's kind of confusing.

Basicly...

say the word was apple. under 'a' and 'a', there would be nothing, because a is the only a there, it doesn't interact with any other 'a's. But there would be a '2' under 'a' and 'p' because a interacts with two p's - the first and the second. under 'p' and 'p', there would also be a '2' because the first 'p' interacts with the 2nd, and the 2nd 'p' interacts with the first.

Easier??

the letters are how many times that letter interacts with another. It's kind of confusing.

Basicly...

say the word was apple. under 'a' and 'a', there would be nothing, because a is the only a there, it doesn't interact with any other 'a's. But there would be a '2' under 'a' and 'p' because a interacts with two p's - the first and the second. under 'p' and 'p', there would also be a '2' because the first 'p' interacts with the 2nd, and the 2nd 'p' interacts with the first.

Easier??

I'm not sure I see how the 'a' in 'apple' interacts with 2 'p's. I understand how it could interact with 1 'p' - the one it's immediately adjacent to. But I don't get how it interacts with the second one... For the word 'apple', I would think that 'a' interacts 1 time with 'p'; 'p' interacts 1 time with 'a', 2 times with 'p', and 1 time with 'l'; 'l' interacts 1 time with 'p' and 1 time with 'e', and 'e' interacts 1 time with 'l'. Is that a good application of the rules?

I'm not sure I see how the 'a' in 'apple' interacts with 2 'p's. I understand how it could interact with 1 'p' - the one it's immediately adjacent to. But I don't get how it interacts with the second one... For the word 'apple', I would think that 'a' interacts 1 time with 'p'; 'p' interacts 1 time with 'a', 2 times with 'p', and 1 time with 'l'; 'l' interacts 1 time with 'p' and 1 time with 'e', and 'e' interacts 1 time with 'l'. Is that a good application of the rules?

a interacts with 2 Ps because...well let's see if this explains it...

Spoiler for pic:

it interacts, but it doesn't have to be next to each other to interact - just that there's more than one p...

my own rules...i have no idea if this is the same rules as the word search puzzles, but it will work...somehow...i think you are all smart enough to do it without my own rules posted up here...except, and this is my only hint for now, i do know that at least ONE rule isn't the same...

_a.b.c.d.e.f.g.h.i.j.k.l.m.n.o.p.q.r

parade?

a interacts with 2 Ps because...well let's see if this explains it...

Spoiler for pic:

it interacts, but it doesn't have to be next to each other to interact - just that there's more than one p...

So are you saying that the case of being a double letter is special? If the word were 'apropos', would the 'a' interact with 1 or 2 'p's (it's hard to find a word with an 'a' and two 'p's that are not double letters

:P )? I guess what I'm looking for is: what is an 'interaction'? Is it that the 'a' sound is next to the 'p' sound and you count how many 'p's make that 'p' sound adjacent to the 'a'? Or does it just mean that there are two 'p's in a word and at least one of them is next to an 'a'? Or is it simply that there are two 'p's in a word that also has an 'a', regardless of where they are situated relative to each other? (I'm so confused :wacko: )

That being said, I think that IDoNotExist has got the only answer possible: parade

parade?

So are you saying that the case of being a double letter is special? If the word were 'apropos', would the 'a' interact with 1 or 2 'p's (it's hard to find a word with an 'a' and two 'p's that are not double letters
:P )? I guess what I'm looking for is: what is an 'interaction'? Is it that the 'a' sound is next to the 'p' sound and you count how many 'p's make that 'p' sound adjacent to the 'a'? Or does it just mean that there are two 'p's in a word and at least one of them is next to an 'a'? Or is it simply that there are two 'p's in a word that also has an 'a', regardless of where they are situated relative to each other? (I'm so confused :wacko: )

That being said, I think that IDoNotExist has got the only answer possible: parade

yep!! good job!