BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

• Answers 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

This is my first post here, so hi!

I think it might be some sort of reproduction model, 1 man + 1 woman = infinity offspring.

then I would disagree, because the human species is only going to survive a few billion more years (maybe), and there certainly aren't an infinite amount of us alive, and there never will be.

then I would disagree, because the human species is only going to survive a few billion more years (maybe), and there certainly aren't an infinite amount of us alive, and there never will be.

I should have said 1 male + 1 female = infinity offspring. This is not practically accurate, but it is in theory. Any 2 organisms capable of reproduction have potentially infinite lineages.

Definitely doesn't fit the hint, but interesting theory assuming both exist

i, personally don't see any evidence that there is a god, but i don't deny it either, and the universe definitely exists.

and what was the hint?

its not math its science

i, personally don't see any evidence that there is a god, but i don't deny it either, and the universe definitely exists.

and what was the hint?

I should have said 1 male + 1 female = infinity offspring. This is not practically accurate, but it is in theory. Any 2 organisms capable of reproduction have potentially infinite lineages.

but I've learnt enough to understand that no species generally survives more than about hundred million years. The dinosaurs reigned for 163-million-years, but that's including all the different species of dinosaurs not capable of mating with each other. The universe won't necessarily 'live' infinitely long, so again, no chance for infinite reproduction. Cute idea. But no.

Edit: 2 am, spelling errors were to be expected.

Edited by Izzy

its not math its science

oh ya, that hint...

well, i'd definitely go with that one dude who said:

1 man + 1 woman = infinite possibility for offspring. and just to clarify, i think he meant infinite combination of characteristics for the offspring. not litteraly infinite babies.

Edited by UGG BUYS UGLY HOUSES!

but I've learnt enough to understand that no species generally survives more than about hundred million years. The dinosaurs reigned for 163-million-years, but that's including all the different species of dinosaurs not capable of mating with each other. The universe won't necessarily 'live' infinitely long, so again, no change for infinite reproduction. Cute idea. But no.

No species that I am aware of has lived even 100 million years and remained the same species, but that doesn't matter. As I said, this is a scientific model, used to demonstrate potential reality, which is why it is theoretically true. It seems appropriate in this situation because biological models are never perfectly accurate in practice, plus infinity as a number does not truly exist and therefore an answer that cannot practically exist is the only way to meet the needs of th question.

oh ya, that hint...

1 man + 1 woman = infinite possibility for offspring. and just to clarify, i think he meant infinite combination of characteristics for the offspring.

the man+woman theory is close but not the answer

oh ya, that hint...

1 man + 1 woman = infinite possibility for offspring. and just to clarify, i think he meant infinite combination of characteristics for the offspring.

If offspring can't be produced infinitely, what makes you think they'll have characteristics that amount to this quantity? Zanther, please define infinity. Do you mean it in its figurative speech form (ie., 'an infinite amount of stars in the sky'), or in its pure maths form?