BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Yoruichi-san

Question

9 answers to this question

Alright, so I've spent too much time on this one so far...

1) This cryptoquote contains all but 1 letter of the alphabet. The coded letter is "Q"...which, if this is an acurate cryptoquote means that this quote actually does contain a "Q"...

2) Given this, there are really only A, P, S, X, or Z that could be the "Q" (which would make R, W, T, M, or B the "U" respectively).

3) With regards to the subject matter...L/S with the quantum numbers could be the magnetic and spin numbers (since they are designated as ml and ms respectively...OR L = azimuthal quantum number...)..

4) Given #3, the word "magnetic" can appear in this quote in a few places, but most probably only "OLCGMNST" or "GMNSTZBF" are it...

5) "Angular" could also appear in this quote as "VYNFIVO"...but I don't see that going anywhere...

6) Other words that don't seem to appear in this quote: azimuthal and physics

OK, if you've read my reply to your L/S level 2, you'll know that I only figured that one out from extensive hinting. This puzzle intrigues me, but I can't figure out what your second "algorithm" is this time. I don't have any source material to reverse engineer :dry: .

So, I have a question instead. Is the misspelling of the word principal (extra i, le instead of al) intentional in the title?

Another question - Does the 2 principal quantum number title have something to do with the second algorithm? Surely it does, your titles always seem to be a hint to the puzzle from what I can tell...

OK, if you've read my reply to your L/S level 2, you'll know that I only figured that one out from extensive hinting. This puzzle intrigues me, but I can't figure out what your second "algorithm" is this time. I don't have any source material to reverse engineer :dry: .

So, I have a question instead. Is the misspelling of the word principal (extra i, le instead of al) intentional in the title?

Another question - Does the 2 principal quantum number title have something to do with the second algorithm? Surely it does, your titles always seem to be a hint to the puzzle from what I can tell...

There is only one algorithm, and it's different than L/S...that's why the title is different. If something's misspelled...uh...oops :rolleyes: ...

Spaces removed:

JEUNIBDGCFOLCGMNSTZBFCFYYTETLMUVUVYNFIVOOKIEEKHHWLARJPWUJBVBCOJJVDUGXMV

Bonus brownie points for identifying the author ;P.

I want to help with this, but I dont even know where to start. I am guessing that each letter represents another letter and we are to decypher the phrase, correct?

I want to help with this, but I dont even know where to start. I am guessing that each letter represents another letter and we are to decypher the phrase, correct?

Yep, it's just like any other cryptogram...except I'm using a particular 'encryption algorithm'. The title hints to that algorithm. ;P