BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Disco Riddle

Shakeepuddn

Question

Shimmy, shimmy, shimmy!

All gather ‘round!

Put me on the clock, ‘gonna bring the house down!

Turn to the right, swing it back again,

Give my gal a flower when the shimmy-shake ends!

Shimmy, shimmy, shimmy!

Grovin’ under sun,

Dance through the day till the shimmy-shake’s done.

Turn to the left, bring it ‘round again,

Gonna take off when the shimmy-shake ends!

:P

25 answers to this question

Shimmy, shimmy, shimmy!

All gather ‘round!

Shimmy, shimmy, shimmy!

Grovin’ under sun,

but i'm thinking a cuckoo clock with a pendulum swinging.

Shimmy, shimmy, shimmy!

All gather ‘round!

Shimmy, shimmy, shimmy!

Grovin’ under sun,

I will say that your riddles are quite amazing. If at the same time, quite hard. This one, though I know not how to answer it, made me smile quite a bit because it made me think of Tom Hanks in the stellar movie, Big.

I must keep thinking.

I love your riddles.... but I am not so good at them... I don't have much faith in this answer but....

I think it could be like how cinderella had to go home at midnight.... Not it? not surpried. A guess is a guess, right?

gosh this is hard, yet the riddles fantastic! :D:huh: i really dont know but im gonna have a guess

wine maybe, cos of shimmy and shake or grapes cos you turn and twist them to get them off the vine + grovin under the sun???????

Shimmy, shimmy, shimmy!

All gather ‘round!

Shimmy, shimmy, shimmy!

Grovin’ under sun,

An Orange Tree

They grow in groves. You can shake the orange tree when they are ripe and they will fall, leaving only the white flowers on the tree. "give my gal a flower when the shimmy shake ends."

Maybe the picture is of a bunch of people under an orange tree while someone is shaking the tree and everyone is dancing around trying to dodge the falling fruit.

knowing Shakee's riddles, this has nothing to do with clocks, flowers or dancing.

:huh:

here's a few more guesses out of me

ring around the rosie?

duck duck goose?

musical chairs?

roullette?

i keep thinking it should be a game of some sort

p.s. this riddle sounds like it could be a Beck song

also...did you mean grovin' or groovin'?

No one even in the ball park, but that's understandable given the answer.

DanC (appropriate name in this instance), your guess is interesting but I would never post a riddle that requires such convoluted interpretation. It wouldn't be fair.

And Wiz . . . why, you misjudge me sir! :) I ALWAYS include enough subtle clues . . . be they key words, metaphor, or motifs, to allow for success in solving. The trick is to figure out which is which!

Here's an updated version. More for style than as any real help or hint:

Shimmy, shimmy, shimmy!

All gather 'round!

Put me on the clock, gonna bring the house down!

Give the gals a flower when the shimmy-shake ends!

Shimmy, shimmy, shimmy!

Sun's up above,

Dance for your honey till the shimmy-shake's done.

Gotta leave the house when the shimmy-shake ends!

Now I'm feelin' dizzy so girls get busy,

The end!

Edited by Shakeepuddn

bees gathering pollen? then the 'flower' and 'honey' clues make sense, and when bees return to the hive or 'house,' they shake and wiggle in a dance letting the other bees know where the pollen is (I think).

???

bees gathering pollen? then the 'flower' and 'honey' clues make sense, and when bees return to the hive or 'house,' they shake and wiggle in a dance letting the other bees know where the pollen is (I think).

???

And we have a winner!!!!

Waggle Dance

The waggle dance is the incredible performance by a honey bee to inform all the other worker bees in the hive where a newly found nectar source is, i.e. the flowers. During the dance, the top of the hive represents the position of the sun, much like any two dimensional drawing of the compass points, where North would likewise be at the top. The initial direction of the dance relative to the top of the hive shows the angle from the actual sun. While surrounded by all other workers in the hive, the bee will waggle (shimmy) forward in a straight line for a distance and then loop around to the right in a waggle-free arc to begin the dance again, the second time turning left before returning to initial position. This process will continue until range and direction have been effectively communicated, the length of the dance determining approximate distance to the nectar source. When finished, the bees exit the hive in search of the flowers. On an interesting note, the stinger on honey bees actually used to be an egg-laying tube, that more pleasant purpose now defunct through evolutionary change. Thus, all worker bees, including those that seek out nectar, are in fact females, while the harmless male drones remain in the hive ministering to a singular royal requirement, namely . . . egg fertilization.

Check out the waggle dance:

I got it with the rewrite, Shakee. Another gem. :D

Thanks Graven. I altered the "honey" term to "sweety" for my finalized version. If you read the explication you may have noticed I'm prepping these for possible publication. Who knows? I can do about five a day so I think it may be lucrative if there's an avid audience (other than here of course :) )

Thanks Graven. I altered the "honey" term to "sweety" for my finalized version. If you read the explication you may have noticed I'm prepping these for possible publication. Who knows? I can do about five a day so I think it may be lucrative if there's an avid audience (other than here of course :) )

I would buy a book of these!