BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

If you add my concept into paint,

you could make: purple, green, yellow or brown.

you could guess the answer is color,

but that's a big frown.

my brothers and i quite agree,

we are born on the same second, day, month, year.

please don't guess,

try to think,

or else we'll turn your hair pink.

we really don't want to,

it's not our fault,

we cannot make ourselves halt.

we go well with: pyhre, xtet, kpamur, and unlgaega,

the words are in order, the letters not so much.

once you descramble them, you may have me in your clutch.

we also go well,

with something that,

is one product of all bombs.

this thing that i speak of, it's really quite nice,

it comes in many forms,

and can create moving mice.

individually my brothers and i only have a first name,

but together they double,

making first and last.

my name starts with B,

together, our name starts with R.

we can even make a star.

if you're computer illiterate,

you might as well give up,

you could go play with a monkey, or a pup.

there it is. i thought of this all on my own during ac-lab. and yes, you must have a basic understanding of computers (don't get discouraged though, because you might know it anyway), if i got more specific, it would be way too obvious. and just so you know, not all the lines mean something individually, but in case you haven't noticed they come in groups. (sorry, some of them don't rhyme, it's easier than you would think, but no walk in the park. unless you're really fat, then rhyming would be much easier than walking:D)also, sorry its so long, i got really bored and this was all i could think of doing.

here's the answer:

CHEATER!!!!!! TRY TO GUESS IT FIRST!!!

:mad:

25 answers to this question

Hyper Text Markup Language. HTML.

very nice job! that's the best clue so far! everyone has got the topic right.here's a clue:

it's not something that's physically present.

I think it's either a computer byte, a rainbow, a robot, or light.

no, all of those things are objects, think like computer programs (its not a computer program)

if you really need a hint, pm me

you mean a bot, like a computer program? if so you're wrong, but getting warmer! think about the bomb line, that's one of the most important part.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Man, this is really stumping me!

Oh, and Pokeeflopgirl, welcome to the Den! Make sure to use spoilers when you're posting your guesses, some of the wiser members here need no help. You can use them with the "Quick Access" menu on the left-side of the screen while you're posting.

Id est:

I think it's either a computer byte, a rainbow, a robot, or light.

I guess it's....

Bits. Bits and pieces and bits of ram

umm...

just so you know, i'm 14, so think of what a 14 year old would know.

i have no clue what ram is, or what you mean by "bits and pieces".

think of the lines, "we also go well,

with something that,

it comes in many forms,

and can create moving mice."

those lines have the biggest clue in them

Well I'm 17 and I can't know much more than you, and i'm stumped.

that's just because i'm trying to tell you with metaphors, not actual information. you have to depict those metaphors.

here's another hint. AND GUYS! LOOK AT THE LINES THAT SAY:

"we also go well,

with something that,

this thing that i speak of, it's really quite nice, (<-- if you need a hint, ask me, i think i worded this badly)

it comes in many forms,

and can create moving mice."

are you shure you want a clue?

Spoiler for clue:

are you really shure?

Spoiler for clue:

are you so shure you could poop your pants right now?!?!

Spoiler for clue:

good. click here

Spoiler for clue:

hee hee, just messin' with ya

click here

Spoiler for clue:

☺

Spoiler for clue:

you can make that by holding alt and 1 on the # pad on the right of the keyboard

Spoiler for clue:

THE CLUE THAT SAYS IT IS NOT A COMPUTER PROGRAM ONLY APPLIES TO THE ANSWER OF THE RIDDLE!

like HTML, that's a comp program! the above lines are a HUGE clue! the spoiler has a pretty big clue in it:

Spoiler for clue:

the answer is a "feature" of what you get when you solve the above line

ALSO, THE FACT THAT THEY ARE BROTHERS IS VERY SIGNIFICANT! also you guys, think about colors AND computers!

blue / rainbow

ooohhh! you meant the 2 brother's names! well, blue is MY name, but none of my brothers are named rainbow. (we're not twins) and the answer is not each person's name individualy, but our names when we are together.

your name is Blue, and you and your brothers names are Red and Green since those are the colors that make up all other colors on a computer...and probably more specifically "hex colors" (since in HTML you represent colors using their hex codes...?

If you add my concept into paint, -Paintbrush application or any other graphics program

you could make: purple, green, yellow or brown. - Blue is one of the components that make up all of the colors

but that's a big frown. - Not "color" but a specific color

we are born on the same second, day, month, year. - Umm...all colors came to be at the same time?

please don't guess,

try to think,

or else we'll turn your hair pink. - can make pink with these colors

we really don't want to,

it's not our fault,

we go well with: pyhre, xtet, kpamur, and unlgaega, - HTML uses hex color codes in the form of RGB

we also go well,

with something that,

it comes in many forms, - Hydrogen/Water? But not sure why this applies

and can create moving mice. - Not really sure with this one?

individually my brothers and i only have a first name, - Red, Green, Blue

making first and last. - hex colors?

my name starts with B, -Blue

together, our name starts with R. - RGB

we can even make a star. - Stars give out light, which is what colors are??

your name is Blue, and you and your brothers names are Red and Green since those are the colors that make up all other colors on a computer...and probably more specifically "hex colors" (since in HTML you represent colors using their hex codes...?

I was thinking the same thing...

how is blue part of purple, green, yellow or brown? it doesn't work with pigment or light combinations....or is the answer just RGB?

I was thinking the same thing...

how is blue part of purple, green, yellow or brown? it doesn't work with pigment or light combinations....or is the answer just RGB?

no

If you add my concept into paint, -Paintbrush application or any other graphics programi wasn't refering to the paintbrush app. just color in general

you could make: purple, green, yellow or brown. - Blue is one of the components that make up all of the colorsi did not notice that blue is in all of these colors, the point of this line is just to say that "i can create different colors"

but that's a big frown. - Not "color" but a specific color what i meant here is that the answer is not "color"

we are born on the same second, day, month, year. - Umm...all colors came to be at the same time? this just means they are brothers born on the same time, but not twins... so what can they be *hint* *hint*

please don't guess,

try to think,

or else we'll turn your hair pink. - can make pink with these colors

we really don't want to,

it's not our fault,

we go well with: pyhre, xtet, kpamur, and unlgaega, - HTML uses hex color codes in the form of RGBthat's not the name of them that i was thinking, but i think that's what it is. i'm not shure what you mean by hex colors, though. explain

we also go well,

with something that,

it comes in many forms, - Hydrogen/Water? But not sure why this appliesthis line aplies to the "product of all bombs" line, not the answer

and can create moving mice. - Not really sure with this one?

individually my brothers and i only have a first name, - Red, Green, Blue

making first and last. - hex colors?well, i think you got it, but i was thinking of a different name. i was not tought about hex colors, and quite frankly, i have no clue what they are.

my name starts with B, -Blue

together, our name starts with R. - RGB this is right, but try to think about the fact that they are brothers, and that's not their FULL name when they are together, but is their FIRST name. when they are together, they have a first, and a last. this is just their first.

we can even make a star. - Stars give out light, which is what colors are??umm... i'm sorry, this line doesn't mean anything at all, i just couldn't think of anything else that rhymes with "R"

yeah, if i didn't wright anything, that means you were good on that idea. good job picket, you have good ideas on lots of tough riddles!

and just to make it easier,

the product of all bombs that i was refering to was a "flash". and the thing that can create moving mice and is quite nice, is the Adobe Flash comp program.

yeah, if i didn't wright anything, that means you were good on that idea. good job picket, you have good ideas on lots of tough riddles!

and just to make it easier,

the product of all bombs that i was refering to was a "flash". and the thing that can create moving mice and is quite nice, is the Adobe Flash comp program.

I liked this riddle. It was tricky. It only took until the second page to be solved, but it felt like 20 pages to me.

I liked this riddle. It was tricky. It only took until the second page to be solved, but it felt like 20 pages to me.

pickett basicaly solved it, but in different words than i would have use, he said:

RGB, and hex colors. or something like that

what i intended the answer to be was:

RGB triplet. it's what i learned was the name for the triplet of colors (red,green,blue) that could be combined in different ammounts to make any color of the rainbow!

GOOD WORK PICKETT!!! :D

and i have another riddle up, if you want to see it

Edited by UGG BUYS UGLY HOUSES!

pickett basicaly solved it, but in different words than i would have use, he said:

what i intended the answer to be was:

RGB triplet. it's what i learned was the name for the triplet of colors (red,green,blue) that could be combined in different ammounts to make any color of the rainbow!

GOOD WORK PICKETT!!! :D

and i have another riddle up, if you want to see it

RGB, and hex colors. or something like that

Hex colors are simply colors represented in hexadecimal format...For example...if you look at your posts, anywhere you have different color text it is has something like:

color="#FF0000"

the hex color is #ff0000...basically it is comprised of the RGB components. the first two hexadecimal numbers (in this case "FF") are the RED, then the next two ("00") are the green...and the last two ("00") are the Blue...

And in case you didn't know, hexadecimal is just base-16 number system...so 0f = 15, 10 = 16, 99=159, ff = 256...Some basic colors in hex code:

white: #ffffff

black: #000000

gray(s): #666666 (or anything where all three are the same number)

blue: #0000ff

red: #ff0000

green: #00ff00

etc..etc..etc...

You know you've been making webpages for a living too long when you associate all colors with their hex codes...for example, i was painting my house, and I sat there and thought...hmm...I wonder how #69ae99 would look on this wall???

Hex colors are simply colors represented in hexadecimal format...For example...if you look at your posts, anywhere you have different color text it is has something like:

color="#FF0000"

the hex color is #ff0000...basically it is comprised of the RGB components. the first two hexadecimal numbers (in this case "FF") are the RED, then the next two ("00") are the green...and the last two ("00") are the Blue...

And in case you didn't know, hexadecimal is just base-16 number system...so 0f = 15, 10 = 16, 99=159, ff = 256...Some basic colors in hex code:

white: #ffffff

black: #000000

gray(s): #666666 (or anything where all three are the same number)

blue: #0000ff

red: #ff0000

green: #00ff00

etc..etc..etc...

You know you've been making webpages for a living too long when you associate all colors with their hex codes...for example, i was painting my house, and I sat there and thought...hmm...I wonder how #69ae99 would look on this wall???

haha. nice work. yeah, the hex colors were what i was thinking of, but with a different name.