BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Matrix Thrill-ogy II

I don't know if he knew, guessed, or was just bluffing to save Izzy. I was also surprised no one called me out for not having arrested Bb when I said I would.. ^_^

Yeah... it did caught my attention that you were still alive, but I was too distracted by all the dead bodies all over the Matrix! :dry:

I totally should have offed you during my one day time kill :lol: but renan caught my attention and I knew he was bad, but I thought that he was an agent!

I should have had more off those day kills and invincibility against RID killing! Then it would have been balanced B))

It would be super if we could have a rematch of this one with the secret abilities refined. The agents and rogues wouldn't have spy roles and they wouldn't be able to specifically redirect an action. The rest would remain the same, cause it was cool! But since LIS already made Matrix III I don't see the possibility of that happening!

I didn't like the Architect ability to make a player numb till the end of the game though (I didn't quite understand this one LIS, all abilities numbed, or just the main one with the use of the secret ones?)

Overall a great game, but I said that already ;)

EDIT: I forgot to say that I loved the way you all (agents) synchronized your votes to lynch me :thumbsup: so I did the count, I knew you could manipulate votes and that was the end, no ace up my sleeve, nada... ('nothing' in Spanish)

Edited by andromeda

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, I have to know if my being told IDNE was Ceraph was a mistake or if some other force that I don't comprehend was at work. I was all over IDNE on day 1 but backed off when I thought he was my protector.

Couple things that caught my eye from a hosting perspective:

Post #329 - Reaymond had correctly deduced the exact manner in which the Lynch occured and was dead on with all five of his insights.

I'll pretty sure this post lead to my untimely death. :dry:

All in all, I had a good time. SD your posts were fabulous. :thumbsup: Good job Agents!

Alright, I have to know if my being told IDNE was Ceraph was a mistake or if some other force that I don't comprehend was at work. I was all over IDNE on day 1 but backed off when I thought he was my protector.

All in all, I had a good time. SD your posts were fabulous. :thumbsup: Good job Agents!

We honestly may have redirected you, Prof. T. I can check the actions later, if you want?

Thank you :) I was honestly a little upset when JS picked up my cover (Apoc), but I guess it worked out.
indeed it did. that's twice now you've slipped under my radar....my luck, the next game you'll actually be on my side and i'll be completely suspicious of you the whole time....

Nope, you were spied on. :P Man, I was so tempted to send you a "Hehehe, still want to know what spy I claim to be? Why, the Oracle of course. ;)" PM, but I was scared that there could be some bring back the dead/talk to the dead/etc. secret ability.

At one point Sg thought he was gonna have a bad game - after D2 it was all down hill

focus was on the humans

Neo, Smith, Merovingian and Architect were meant to be 100% undetectable but that was my bad

Big thanks to SD for making it into a quality story which rates up there with the best of the best

Thanks for playing guys No3 the final should be signed up in my comments, but two to three weeks away

I'll add the final to my Sig for viewing - complicated, and needs some finishing, with three levels based on Neo mostly, multi ability, no secrets, no easy game. No RID kills for the fianle most likey

then comes AVatar or Stargate

Thanks for playing all, and big THANKS to Social_Darwin

ps GC stop insisting on saving baddies, don't know how JS got away with it

Edited by Lost in space

Neo, Smith, Merovingian and Architect were meant to be 100% undetectable but that was my bad

Well, there's your freakin' balance... well not quite the balance, but it's better than nothing!

They knew who I was before they offed JZ, and he was their first RID kill!

Oh... I forgive you LIS, you were ill and had no appetite, I know how hazy things can be when you can't eat! :)

I have a bit of a temper, please forgive :blush:

I'm already signed in for Matrix over revolutionized and evolutionized! :D

Edited by andromeda

I don't know if he knew, guessed, or was just bluffing to save Izzy. I was also surprised no one called me out for not having arrested Bb when I said I would.. ^_^

It was a deduction based on your actions. You never would've behaved the way you did under any circumstance I could come up with. The was no bluff involved, but I surely couldn't be 100% positive without spying you (b/c there's always those less-than optimal moves that people make that throw me off completely). :P

At one point Sg thought he was gonna have a bad game - after D2 it was all down hill

focus was on the humans

Just a suggestion, but if you want them to be completely undetectable, make them auto spy-blockers. It's a better alternative than making them all come up as blanks when spied (b/c then they were still narrowed down to three). B/c if they auto block, then the spy cannot know if they had chosen one of those players, or if they were actually blocked by another role entirely.

No RID kills for the fianle most likey

The RIDs help for balancing the game. The original intent behind them is to help prevent players from outing themselves. B/c then what happens is the game thread turns into a virtual BTSC for all players, each otuing who they are, and easily IDing who the few baddies are... thus bringing the game to an untimely and anticlimactic end.

Having two or three RID killers is not a big deal so long as they are also not given the spy ability. Granting them the spy ability kinda ruins the purpose of the RID kill b/c then it just becomes an unblockable normal kill that the killer also gains the ID of the deceased, which is waaaaaaay too powerful.

If I can offer a few friendly suggestions for the next game...

-Make the two baddie groups even in their abilities if they are going for the same objective. Also, leave the RIDs for the baddies OR give them the ability to spy (or maybe give the RID ability to one baddie group, and the spy ability to the other group). But I do recommend having two RID killers to prevent players from outing themselves.

-Also, get rid of the probability factor. It only serves to dismiss the skill involved in the game.

-Don't change the rules mid-game to 'help balance.' Instead spend more time on the initial rules and roles. Run through every possible scenario... find the kinks and work them out ahead of time. And if a problem is still discovered in the game, leave it.

Starting all the way back to Mafia I (and several since), you can see that there is almost always some stronger unforeseen unbalancing that takes place when snap-alterations are made mid-game to help the balance.

-Give the baddies a group kill. The total effectiveness of a baddie group is effectively cut in half when the even-odd day kills are split b/w twp different players and one dies.

That's all I can think of for now... but I hope it helps :)

WHAT A GREAT GAME!

But I did a mess here, didnt I? :D

About the architect...it was a enormous guess!! a desperate try to save Izzy form being lynched! I never known who was the architect!

My intentions were to lynch anyone other than izzy, than I would be outed as a baddie, so I would be the primary target for everyone in the night, keeping Izzy alive an safe to make an attack. But then I saw a possibility to be a goddie so I started acting like one...

And after that I never lied! Read again my posts... "We should not lynch Brandonb, we should lynch Smith tonight!"... "Andro, I'm your NEW(O) friend now"... Then as a ghost I said that this would be the last day of the game!! Nobody believes me.. :unsure:

If we had the double agent, the Agents would have LOTS of trouble... Maybe the game would be more balanced, but I thought it was very balanced and every faction had the chance of winning it...but good tactic

(and a bit of luck) made the game to the Agents. Congratulations to you all B))

EDIT: I have to say something...We thought that BrandonB was a double agent in our faction. Well, he was saying that we should out ourselves, not voting with us and our tactics and sometimes very absent of the btsc, so...

Im sorry Brandon. Hope you see my point. Just a game, after all =D

Edited by renan

EDIT: I have to say something...We thought that BrandonB was a double agent in our faction. Well, he was saying that we should out ourselves, not voting with us and our tactics and sometimes very absent of the btsc, so...

Im sorry Brandon. Hope you see my point. Just a game, after all =D

I was wondering what Izzy meant when she said she was not sure if she could trust Bb. I could not figure out how that happened.

Great Game everyone, special congrats to Voltage for doing such a great job on his first game!

I was wondering what Izzy meant when she said she was not sure if she could trust Bb. I could not figure out how that happened.

Great Game everyone, special congrats to Voltage for doing such a great job on his first game!

The rouges had an option to convert an agent to be a "double agent" I believe, and they thought one of their own had been turned instead (Bb).

yeah... I really wasn't posting much in the game thread or in the btsc. I could see why they thought I was a double-agent, and I don't blame them for it. I mean, we had the secret recruitment ability... who's to say that the agents didn't have that ability also. And of the players in our btsc, I was surely behaving the most like a double-agent would be expected to behave. No hard feelings, with the way that you (renan) were accusing me... I was starting to think that maybe you had been :P (nothing like secret abilities to breed paranoia and distrust :rolleyes: )

yeah... I really wasn't posting much in the game thread or in the btsc. I could see why they thought I was a double-agent, and I don't blame them for it. I mean, we had the secret recruitment ability... who's to say that the agents didn't have that ability also. And of the players in our btsc, I was surely behaving the most like a double-agent would be expected to behave. No hard feelings, with the way that you (renan) were accusing me... I was starting to think that maybe you had been :P (nothing like secret abilities to breed paranoia and distrust :rolleyes: )

Hehe. I've only seen the "double agent" one time before, and that was in the Heroes 2 game. I got recruited (as DL) by the Company, and then was trying to get Niki (Y-San) to not kill all my teammates without sounding like that's what I was doing. I have to say, the possibility that someone could be in 2 BTSC's, or have a hidden agenda is pretty cool. I just think it'd be better if it was more out in the open, just so people would know to expect it.

Edit: And who says we need secret abilities? All we need is a mafia-esque game and we'll all be paranoid enough.

Edited by SomeGuy

Hehe. I've only seen the "double agent" one time before, and that was in the Heroes 2 game. I got recruited (as DL) by the Company, and then was trying to get Niki (Y-San) to not kill all my teammates without sounding like that's what I was doing. I have to say, the possibility that someone could be in 2 BTSC's, or have a hidden agenda is pretty cool. I just think it'd be better if it was more out in the open, just so people would know to expect it.

Edit: And who says we need secret abilities? All we need is a mafia-esque game and we'll all be paranoid enough.

That is what I am looking forward to, a mafia with no hidden abilities and no vote manipulation.

That is what I am looking forward to, a mafia with no hidden abilities and no vote manipulation.

Sorry to hear that, cause my upcoming game does have secret abilities (and only a little bit of vote manipulation).

Thats the opposit of mine one*, everything hidden, you have to learn playing. But its not really a mafia :P

*btw, I dont know if its going to happen anymore... Im kind of afraid of hosting a game!

Sorry to hear that, cause my upcoming game does have secret abilities (and only a little bit of vote manipulation).

Oh, I look forward to every mafia game. I am sure that yours will be great! ;)

Oh, I look forward to every mafia game. I am sure that yours will be great! ;)

I'm just waiting to hear back from a couple people before starting. Hopefully it will be started sometime tomorrow.

Ha ha, yeah that was great...well until Y-san got me caught up when I tried to pass off as Matt :P

Thats the opposit of mine one*, everything hidden, you have to learn playing. But its not really a mafia :P

*btw, I dont know if its going to happen anymore... Im kind of afraid of hosting a game!

....sounds like jumper and supernatural....it adds a different dynamic, and definitely increases paranoia as people try to figure out what each role can do.

Then check out Rome! I think it will be exactly what you are looking for!

Edit: nvm Mr. quick-draw! I see that you were the 2nd person to sign up! :P

Of course, I don't want to go on in this thread talking about a different upcoming game... so if anyone else wants to know about it feel free to PM me :) (btw, I'm not the host)

Edited by Brandonb

Thanks IDNE! I had a great time and great teachers! I'm really glad I was in a BTSC for my first game. If I was trying to figure it out by myself I would've been screwed! The game is so complex! There are so many things that you can't say without giving something away! I would've been repeatedly shooting myself in the foot if it weren't for IDNE, SG, CP, and JS.

I had so much fun that I am going to try hosting my own simplified Mafia (Live) with my friends this weekend. I've got 9 friends getting together and I think it will be a lot of fun! You can definitely count on me in future mafias!

Just a suggestion, but if you want them to be completely undetectable, make them auto spy-blockers. It's a better alternative than making them all come up as blanks when spied (b/c then they were still narrowed down to three). B/c if they auto block, then the spy cannot know if they had chosen one of those players, or if they were actually blocked by another role entirely.

To be honest that was the only reason I had 1/6 fail, if it was blocked I'd have to say which role blocked it

The RIDs help for balancing the game. The original intent behind them is to help prevent players from outing themselves. B/c then what happens is the game thread turns into a virtual BTSC for all players, each otuing who they are, and easily IDing who the few baddies are... thus bringing the game to an untimely and anticlimactic end.

Having two or three RID killers is not a big deal so long as they are also not given the spy ability. Granting them the spy ability kinda ruins the purpose of the RID kill b/c then it just becomes an unblockable normal kill that the killer also gains the ID of the deceased, which is waaaaaaay too powerful.

I like RID in general, but next game is at a different level, ir has leveles in it - I may add an additiona level -l Zones for actions - if your not in the right zone for your target then you have to wait another night.. looking complicated and not mafia though

If I can offer a few friendly suggestions for the next game...

-Make the two baddie groups even in their abilities if they are going for the same objective. Also, leave the RIDs for the baddies OR give them the ability to spy (or maybe give the RID ability to one baddie group, and the spy ability to the other group). But I do recommend having two RID killers to prevent players from outing themselves. I had two RID killers, also playing somewhat open is another stratergy, all be it at a step beneath the RID

-Also, get rid of the probability factor. It only serves to dismiss the skill involved in the game. Real life is full of surprisies and unpredicatable, but yeah not to have too much of it - I may try a clear cut ability game

-Don't change the rules mid-game to 'help balance.' Instead spend more time on the initial rules and roles. Run through every possible scenario... find the kinks and work them out ahead of time. And if a problem is still discovered in the game, leave it.

Starting all the way back to Mafia I (and several since), you can see that there is almost always some stronger unforeseen unbalancing that takes place when snap-alterations are made mid-game to help the balance.

-Give the baddies a group kill. The total effectiveness of a baddie group is effectively cut in half when the even-odd day kills are split b/w twp different players and one dies.That was meant to be the same for both sides

That's all I can think of for now... but I hope it helps :)

Yep It surely helps - helps if you wait till your fit/recovered - my very very bad

check out the finale brandonb - pre game input, no secrets and far less chance in it. I am not considering RID kills for this one - so far

then comes Avatar or Stargate

Avatar: The Last Airbender? :blink:

If so SIGN ME UP NOW! :thumbsup:(the emoticons here just do not express the amount of excitement I feel for this idea)

I was going to propose the idea and maybe host it one day but i think playing would be much more fun. :blush: