BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Matrix Thrill-ogy II

Alright, so here's the deal. I will try my hardest to have something 'epic' for the final post by tmw evening EST. Trouble is, I have meetings all day at work (where i do most of my posting - dont tell my boss ;) ) and then its friday night. While it may surprise many of you, I do have a life and would like to go out Friday. So, if nothing pops up in the next 24hrs. I PROMISE an epic post by saturday when I have some time to write.

Deal? Deal. Glad you understand. :D

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is what we think we know...

Well IDNE I couldn't kill you cause you were freed human and I knew who you were and I wanted to lynch an agent and that terribly failed. On JS we were so close!

Nice thinking ;)

Ah, that makes sense. I was wondering why I lasted so long. The only reason we were able to escape this game with each one of us alive was because of the Rogue agents. If they hadnt been a distraction, we might have lost one of us.

How long before you had my role down?

The night before last. We spied you in case you were Morpheus and Andro was bluffing. Turns out you were an acceptable Neo target, so, win there. :thumbsup:

Also, take your time SD :) Quality > haste.

The night before last. We spied you in case you were Morpheus and Andro was bluffing. Turns out you were an acceptable Neo target, so, win there. :thumbsup:

Always nice when I have to be spied to figure it out :D

One thing that I don't understand??

I think this game was way off balance cause it's not fair to have spying role and RID kill??

And they had 3 optional ones per night??

Way off balance! And how come that we didn't get a RID killer!

Way, WAY off balance LIS!

Yeah even though i'm not upset by it, I will admit this game seemd a bit wieghed in the agents' favor as far as RDs are concerned.

Yeah. I'm told that the Indies had me down as a baddie, but I was pretty curious about how I was doing on that front. I think Andro trusted me for a good long while. Also, Andromeda, the spies did next to nothing for us, actually. We got more use out of the redirects. For the past 2 nights we've controlled every kill in the game. Of course... last night worked out way better for you than it should've, but, these things happen.

took us awhile to get you impy. Almost the end

We had you suspected pretty early on because andro mentioned that you needed protecting, meaning you were an important role and you were not morpheus. It was not confirmed until two nights ago.

Yeah even though i'm not upset by it, I will admit this game seemd a bit wieghed in the agents' favor as far as RDs are concerned.

You guys lost this game during the days, not at night. The lynching was how we were able to stay alive, not the Role Descriptions.

EDIT: andro, how did you know who to RID?

Edited by IDoNotExist

You guys lost this game during the days, not at night. The lynching was how we were able to stay alive, not the Role Descriptions.

Perhaps, but honestly it helped that we knew who two of the Indies were, and were capable of setting up that Apoc front. I'll admit that the Agents were probably the best informed faction in the game.

Yeah. I'm told that the Indies had me down as a baddie, but I was pretty curious about how I was doing on that front. I think Andro trusted me for a good long while. Also, Andromeda, the spies did next to nothing for us, actually. We got more use out of the redirects. For the past 2 nights we've controlled every kill in the game. Of course... last night worked out way better for you than it should've, but, these things happen.

I trusted you at first to be honest, but in the end I though that you must have been bad!

I don't mind losing, it was a fun game, but 22 players were way too much!

One more thing, next time if a baddie faction has a RID killer it's no fair that they can spy... it's too easy!

They didn't make a mistake once.

Impy is right, redirect is like an additional spy role, random redirect makes you think harder and that redirect can blow up straight into your face. It seems to me like agents had no risks at all through out the game, just fear of getting lynched.

It's good that LIS can make all the changes to make it more balanced for Matrix 3!

Knowing my luck I'll probably be a baddie! :dry:

I couldn't RID?? :huh:

None of us could, which sucked!!

Edited by andromeda

Couple things that caught my eye from a hosting perspective:

Post #329 - Reaymond had correctly deduced the exact manner in which the Lynch occured and was dead on with all five of his insights. Having only played a few Mafias myself, I was floored to read what I thought only I (as host) understood at the time. Mucho Kudos to you Reay!

Night 3 Actions:

GC (Trinity) saved JS. At the same time, JS blocked GC. JS wasn't attacked obviously, so no big deal, but the idea of GC trying to help the guy targeting him was kind of funny.

Night 4 Actions: (you'll soon understand why I titled it "If, Then")

CP diverted Andro to Imp (which is why Neo attacked you at home)

Voltage diverted MagicLuver to random target, which by RNG, turned out to be Imp as well (which is why Morpheus showed up)

And then this little love affair: (which eventually amounted to nothing)

CS was supposed to Kill randro

ST blocked CS

SG had diverted ST to GC (who was saving JS again)

Randro blocked SG

A couple nights were like that, with layers of If:Then logic. I'm sure some of you seasoned hosts have seen that before, but to n00b me, that was kinda fun. Like chasing my tail. :wacko:

In defense of LIS, we tried to help the Humans out mid-game by boosting abilities where appropriate, the problem there was inactivity. We were supposed to punish inactivity...Quick figures: 6 of the bottom 10 posters were Humans (the people who need to post most since they dont have BTSC). The combined number of posts for those six players is 53. For six players. In contrast, 6 of the top ten posters were bad or indie. and they were posting as frequently in the btsc. I feel the humans have only theirselves to blame. Hosts can only help those who help themselves. What good would it have done to boost your abilities midgame if you guys were just gonna fire blindly at each other...

Edited by Social_Darwin

Up front (now it's over) The game was imbalanced - no long story, I deleted the updated version and thought I rembered it

the Merovingian had a one chance recruitmen t and failed

Rogues thought that Jarze was an agent and tried the recruitment which was bloced from a lucky diversion N1

The rogues had bad luck - that's the main reason for imbalance

Also The architect was suppsed to be numbing actions permanently and Renan outed him - still not sure how as there was an impenetrable Firewall ofn the Architect. I had originally planned recruitment for the architect and when I changed that I tottaly messed up - that was my sicky period and I should have waited two more days

In the end I put it up with out going over it slowly as I had a migrain tyoe head ache from dehydration

Seemed that the agents strolled through it - reverse of last time - despite the rogues and architect being there to impair them.

Sorry about that, the extra Spy role was a chance from idne and Smith copying agents roles - Just SD spotting the angles as usual

The RID was to powerful - I'm not likely to apply it next game, or maybe I will

We do not need all that role claim every lynch, but I will try to let it be part of the stratergy

I have been going for a final to the Thrill-ogy try this link The Matrix III: Reloaded and Evolutionised

Some work to do first - hopefully extra awesome and will be tidied up after some expert help - be a 2 or 3 weeks I think

So take a pill and chill (blue or red)

Edited by Lost in space

Err, as to the activity thing, yeah, I posted however many times over the course of this thread, and something like 160 times in our BTSC forums. I figured that imbalance in activity was going to throw me into the "baddie" bin, but meh. And I KNEW we should have blocked/diverted randro. *sigh*.

The RID was to powerful - I'm not likely to apply it next game, or maybe I will

We do not need all that role claim every lynch, but I will try to let it be part of the stratergy

Perhaps with the next game, you will need proof that someone is outing themself in the thread and you cannot rely on Spy roles.

EDIT: At this moment, I have 113 posts out of 844 in this thread and 169 posts in the BTSC for a total of 282 posts for this one game. :o

Edited by IDoNotExist

EDIT: At this moment, I have 113 posts out of 844 in this thread and 169 posts in the BTSC for a total of 282 posts for this one game. :o

Your teachers ever tell you that you talk too much? :P

Your Matrix posts were exquisite SD! :D I immensely enjoyed them. You have shown such an insight into the characters, Matrix, human nature. You added extra essence to every post that made them superb and captivating!

Seriously... I always read the posts first and then looked at the roster not to spoil the suspense! :lol:

My favorite character was the apprentice, of course :P

I love playing mafia with/against you, but this time I'm glad I didn't! ;)

The only reason I was so inactive is because I was terrified of getting RID killed. But in the end, I guess it turned out my role wasn't worth killing (man, I miss being Hermes). Were you guys able to deduce that I was Ceraph or did you spy me?