BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Matrix Thrill-ogy II

Anyone worried there's an ulterior motive here... i.e he can't be lynched or picks someone in his stead? I hope not but we can't do anything to prevent it if there is.

I am

Eh, I'm not worried about it. I've been sick and not really involved... sorry :unsure:

I feel ya man. get better soon.

Ya, I can't be 100% sure about anyone's role, alive or dead

not knowing whose dead sux. My spread sheet has "?"s everywhere.

this makes 12 for those keeping count :dry:

edit:fix quote

edit2:(didn't feel like making a new post)23:40 in my timezone. -_-

Edited by Cyberspace17

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on topic [/HOST]

We need some night actions - or none and we just keep lynching

NEW RULE

Night time is action time not post time, so pls don't - the idea is to work out from remarks in the Lynch what to do not to discuss

Day time (Lynch for lunch) post on topic vehemently, vex too.

In future pls do not post after the "Night post coming" and when it's posted - decide on your actions and PM them please.

So there is a new rule? Once dead you can post all you want as long as it is in grey?

Rut roh.... its gonna be a long night I think. :dry:

No!!!

Once you are dead you shouldn't post anymore, if you are not part of this game you shouldn't post in this thread, but if you really must, post only once and in gray... THAT'S THE RULE! Check with Unreality and don't twist my words!!

This is not the first time you are confusing people CP. Read the post carefully and don't twist anybodies words!

Don't quote this post, or answer to it otherwise cause this thread is polluted with spam quite enough!

No more posts until the night post!!

:dry:

From Unreality's guide:

Death rules are strict:

(2) Dead players are not allowed to continue BTSC or to post anything meaningful on the thread. If they DO post (they should only post rarely, or once, if at all), it should be in gray and have absolutely no on-topic material that supplies any sort of information or discusses strategy. This rule is very important!!! Even if some baddies are claiming your role, YOU CANNOT SPEAK OUT!!!!!!! :]

Edited by andromeda

Sounds like we have a new moderator = we need a game mod perhaps

or we could just :rtfm: 'read the rules'

I have added ST to take RMZ's place

How many lives does that big cat have ??

Hey guys, I'm back! Those Rogue Programs couldn’t keep me down ^_^ I’ll be honest and say that I nearly had a heart attack when I saw how many pages there are, and considering that I haven’t read the thread since Pg. 26 and it takes me an hour to go through 5 pages, yes, I skipped the last 40 pages :blush: I totally lost track of who was an innocent and baddie, so I apologize ahead of time for stupid mistakes (the harshness of joining in a game after 80 pages *shudder*). Will any goodies like to catch me up? :P

Hey guys, I'm back! Those Rogue Programs couldn’t keep me down ^_^ I’ll be honest and say that I nearly had a heart attack when I saw how many pages there are, and considering that I haven’t read the thread since Pg. 26 and it takes me an hour to go through 5 pages, yes, I skipped the last 40 pages :blush: I totally lost track of who was an innocent and baddie, so I apologize ahead of time for stupid mistakes (the harshness of joining in a game after 80 pages *shudder*). Will any goodies like to catch me up? :P

Well I'm a goodie and Impy is a goodie and I know some dead people! Other than that :ph34r:

But think of it this way! Other than renan, Izzy, BB, and Itachi, the rest of the dead people were probably goodies so you do the math! ;)

1 - andromeda

2 - Voltage

3 - Jarze - Killed by Agent Smith

4 - Prof. T - Killed by the Merovingian

5 - IDoNotExist

6 - Joe's Student

7 - Star Tiger - Killed by Twin #2

8 - CrazyPainter

9 - Renan - Killed by Neo

10 - MagicLuver101

11 - Randro

12 - Grey Cells

13 - Impervious

14 - A.I.

15 - R.M.Z

16 - Reaymond - Killed aboard the Nebuchadnezzar

17 - SomeGuy

18 - Izzy - Killed by Agent Smith [Merovingian]

19 - Zerep - Killed by Agent Brown

20 - CyberSpace17

21 - Itachi-san - Killed in the Lynch [Architect]

22 - Brandonb - Killed in the Lynch - no info on who he was, probably a secret ability for his name not to show up when he get's lynched - we suspect he was Rogue along with renan and Izzy! So the agents are still out there.

Edited by andromeda

Forgive me. I did not realize it was customary to reveal a lyched player's role. Prof. T told me it was, but being the n00b host I am,

I didn't believe him. I see now the error of my ways. Not that this will surprise many of you:

22 - Brandonb - Killed in the Lynch (Twin #1)

We are waiting on only a few PMs and then we are set. Hopefully they will get here well before 6pm EST so I can get the Night 4 post up asap.

Edited by Social_Darwin

Night 4: If, Then

Neo was having trouble sleeping. He’d lay awake at night restless, his thoughts haunted with images just outside his reach. He felt like something terrible was going to happen, only he had no idea what. Blurry visions of bright lights and neon code, darting shadows and strange shapes plagued his dreams. Neo sat up in bed. He decided to head into the Matrix, maybe killing someone would make him feel better.

CyberSpace was already inside. He was in the sparring/training room at the gym, swinging a wooden bow around with expert precision. Several standing targets were positioned around the room, each with the ability to beep and light up when struck. After a nice, solid warm up CyberSpace turned off the lights and closed the door. He was in complete darkness. Standing in the center of the room, he began to sway a little, spinning the bow back and forth rapidly with both hands. When he got into a good rhythm and the bow felt strong in his grip, CyberSpace exploded into action. To the untrained eye, it looked as if he was trying to dodge the bow from hitting him, all the while landing vicious strikes on the surrounding targets. The popping of his bow as it hit the target coincided with a brief flash of orange light. Soon, the entire room seemed to dance harmoneously to the dozens of strikes, flashes and beeps. CyberSpace was working up a great sweat when suddenly the lights turned back on.

Neo walked the quiet streets of suburbia, scowling at warmly lit house, at every neatly cut lawn. The artificialness of it all was starting to get to him. He finally reached his target’s house. Neo walked around to the side, trampling a few small shrubs along the way for good measure. Neo pulled the machine gun out from underneath his coat and started spraying bullet after bullet through the thin vinyl siding. Impervious was in his photo-lab darkroom developing last night’s roll of film. He couldn’t wait to see how the pictures from the park would turn out. Underneath the red light, Impervious dipped the matte photo paper this chemical and that before hanging each to dry. Without warning, a bullet tore through the photo still in Impervious’ hands and flew through the wall inches from his face. Several more followed close behind, hitting the chemical trays and splashing flammable liquids everywhere. A stray bullet burst the red bulbs hanging overhead and sent a shower of sparks down onto the liquids. In a flash, the whole room was ablaze and bullets were still flying. Impervious dropped to the floor and crawled on all fours to safety. There, in his hallway, was Morpheus. “We’ve got to get you outta here!” Morpheus shouted over the cackling flames and whistling bullets.

Back at the gym, CybersSpace squinted in the bright florescent lights of the training room at the person who had just walked through the door, turned on the lights, and interrupted his session. A strikingly beautiful woman with dark hair and dark eyes leaned leisurely against the door frame. “You look good,” she said. “Think you can go a couple rounds with me?” Persephone turned off the lights and shut the door. Soon, an entirely different type of music filled the room.

“Morpheus, what the hell are you doing here?!” Impervious was ducking low as he and Morpheus made their way through his house and out the front door. “I’m not really sure,” said Morpheus, “but at the moment, it’s a good thing for you that I am. Stay down!” A bullet whizzed between their heads. Morpheus opened the front door and dragged Impervious out behind him.

“Neo!!! Neo!! What are you doing?!” Morpheus shouted. Neo released his finger from the trigger. The barrel of the gun was still hot and smoking.

“Morpheus?! What the…and Impervious, is that you?”

“Yes, Neo. It’s me.” replied Impervious. “You could have killed me! And you destroyed half my house!! Are you crazy?”

“I thought…well….hmmm.” Neo scowled and starred down at the pile of shell casing at his feet. Then, after a short silence, “What are you doing here, Morpheus?”

Morpheus just shrugged. “Come on you two; let’s get out of here before anyone else shows up.”

The Matrix Has You. Some of You, Anyway.

1 - andromeda

2 - Voltage

5 - IDoNotExist

6 - Joe's Student

8 - CrazyPainter

10 - MagicLuver101

11 - Randro

12 - Grey Cells

13 - Impervious

14 - A.I.

15 - R.M.Z

17 - SomeGuy

18 - Izzy - Killed by Agent Smith (Merovingian)

20 - CyberSpace17

21 - Itachi-san - Killed in the Lynch (Architect)

Edited by Social_Darwin

Day 4.1: Dream Come True

Trinity darted from rooftop to rooftop. Her feet slammed hard on the soft tar of the industrial low-rises beneath her. And Agent Smith was close behind. It was hard to tell which beat louder, his thundering footsteps or her racing heart. The pulse pounding in her ears was deafening. A huge gap between buildings, eight lanes of traffic stories below. Trinity reached the edge and sprung forward, hovering in the air long enough to glimpse the glimmering city life beneath her and landed on the other side. She tucked, rolled, and took off again at full sprint. THUD. Smith had made the jump too. sh*t. The air burned like fire in her lungs. She couldn’t run forever…but Smith could.

Trinity jumped another gap, the world around her silent in midflight. THUD, THUD. Smith was gaining ground. There, to her right, a construction crane. Trinity reached out, grabbed hold of the scaffolding and climbed. She moved up the scaffolding like jungle a cat climbs trees, all four limbs digging in, gripping, propelling her upward. A dozen feet below, Smith pursued her, jumping from scaffold to scaffold, powerful, effortless. His energy supply was infinite and Trinity’s was quickly running out. She reached the top of the crane, teetered across the top and jumped to an adjacent roof. She landed on the building’s helipad, got up to run…and stopped. There was no where to go. The city skyline stretched for miles around her, but twenty stories below. She did what every person does when confronted with an agent; she ran. She ran far and fast. And in the end, here she was…with no where left to run. She felt utterly and completely alone.

“Hello Trinity.” She turned around to face Agent Smith. He hadn’t even broken a sweat. If he said anything else, she didn’t hear it. What she heard was each individual clack-boom of the fourteen hollow-tipped rounds coming in slow motion to kill her. Trinity dodged as best she could, slipping and swimming around each glistening bullet. She moved quickly, like Agents do, but not fast enough. A bullet had struck her thigh, lodging itself deep into her muscle tissue. Another landed a glancing blow to her ribs, fracturing the bone in two places. She lay on the ground panting for breath. If she counted right, Agent Smith still had one bullet left in his gun. He walked slowly towards her as she struggled to her feet. She’d be damned if she made this easy.

Trinity managed to stand, holding her ribs with one arm, and gathered the last of her strength. She turned her back to Agent Smith and took one final run towards the edge of the helipad. She would never survive the fall, but Trinity didn’t care. She ran and she jumped. Agent Smith raised his gun, took careful aim, and sent the last bullet spiraling towards her. His aim was true. The bullet hit Trinity in the back, just below her left shoulder blade, and settled in her heart. Trinity plummeted fifty stories to her death.

Neo woke from his sleep, startled by the somber entrance of Morpheus. From his expression, Neo knew at once that she was dead. It only made sense. All along, in his dreams, the lights and shadows and sounds…they made sense. They were the dying visions of Trinity as she fell. The lights of the buildings flooding by, the shadows of darkness, the ever-rushing wind. She was gone. And for the first time in his life, Neo wept.

The Matrix Has What's Left Of You.

1 - andromeda

2 - Voltage

5 - IDoNotExist

6 - Joe's Student

8 - CrazyPainter

10 - MagicLuver101

11 - Randro

12 - Grey Cells - Killed by Agent Smith (Trinity)

13 - Impervious

14 - A.I.

15 - R.M.Z

17 - SomeGuy

20 - CyberSpace17

Edited by Social_Darwin

Day 4.1: Dream Come True

The Matrix Has What's Left Of You.

1 - andromeda

2 - Voltage

5 - IDoNotExist - voting for Andromeda

6 - Joe's Student

8 - CrazyPainter

10 - MagicLuver101

11 - Randro

13 - Impervious

14 - A.I.

15 - R.M.Z

17 - SomeGuy

20 - CyberSpace17

I know what you're thinking, 'cause right now I'm thinking the same thing. Actually, I've been thinking it ever since I got here: Why oh why didn't I take the BLUE pill? Luckily, I've found my way out of this hell. Not everything ends like in the movies, trin. ;)

Edited by IDoNotExist

1 - andromeda

2 - Voltage

6 - Joe's Student

8 - CrazyPainter

10 - MagicLuver101

11 - Randro

13 - Impervious

14 - A.I.

15 - R.M.Z

17 - SomeGuy - voting for Andromeda

20 - CyberSpace17

1 - andromeda

2 - Voltage

6 - Joe's Student - voting for Andromeda

8 - CrazyPainter

10 - MagicLuver101

11 - Randro

13 - Impervious

14 - A.I.

15 - R.M.Z

20 - CyberSpace17

1 - andromeda

2 - Voltage - voting for Andromeda

8 - CrazyPainter

10 - MagicLuver101

11 - Randro

13 - Impervious

14 - A.I.

15 - R.M.Z

20 - CyberSpace17

1 - andromeda

8 - CrazyPainter voting for Andromeda

10 - MagicLuver101

11 - Randro

13 - Impervious

14 - A.I.

15 - R.M.Z

20 - CyberSpace17

Edited by crazypainter

1 - andromeda

8 - CrazyPainter voting for Andromeda

10 - MagicLuver101

11 - Randro

13 - Impervious

14 - A.I.

15 - R.M.Z

20 - CyberSpace17- voting for Andromeda