BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Matrix Thrill-ogy II

He is not an agent and no I will not elaborate cause I don't trust you GC.

I've been reading the post from the very beginning and I marked you as suspicious! <_<

C'mon CPB! I am a goodie, you know that. :P

And if Imp was not firewalled, he can be a few other roles or with a secret ability. But he should have been at least asked about that? And yeah, remember the RID folks!

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All actions are 5/6 chance success, unless stated otherwise.

Maybe this is the reason why Persephone couldn't seduce Impy!

Well if you are a goodie GC, I'm glad that we are on the same side! :D

Like I said... I'm reading the posts again, but I can't seem to make any connections.

I think I still need to play a lot more mafia to really start comprehending things :(

Was Impy asked about this? If not we could have our Agent Smith, I guess. Hiding behind the firewall? Or more probable he could be Agent Jones, as he wasn't mentioned in the night post.

That is definitely a possibility, but as Andro later on pointed out, each action has a 5/6 chance of success. Impy might also have been saved, and in some cases if one reads the RD carefully, SD might have chosen to not reveal that he was saved :ph34r: It is, again, quite possible that your scenario is correct, and I would go with what reay suggested about a goodie spying on him. Naturally, what comes after that will be up to the spy...don't do anything stupid :excl:

SD/LIS, do saves protect people from spies? Also, does Agent Brown act in the night or day?

And about PT, couldn't he have voted for IDNE and asked Brown to nullify one of the other votes or his vote for IDNE? That would mean Reay got 5 and IDNE got 4. Not saying PT is an agent, but he could be.

Still waiting for answer to above question :P If Brown acts in the day, then anyone who voted for reay could have been Brown...although I do agree that it puts PT in the spotlight.

Morpheus and Tank, think about Andro please :blink:

Morpheus and Tank, think about Andro please :blink:

What do you mean by think?? :huh: EDIT: I've just checked - those are saving roles. Does that mean that you trust me :huh:

On the matter of night one: I was thinking Thompson chose where to redirect the Frenchmen's action, so the baddies probably wouldn't risk redirecting a deleting role against one of their own just to throw off suspicion and I don't think that they could have known that they are redirecting the Merovingian, so Zerep could be a Rogue cause Trinity performs random saves so she couldn't know if Zerep is a goodie, or a baddie!

I can hardly wait the night two post, hopefully some things will be revealed.

One more thing that I'm intrigued about is how did PT save himself... it lead me to believe that he is a goodie!

Edited by andromeda

On the matter of night one: I was thinking Thompson chose where to redirect the Frenchmen's action, so the baddies probably wouldn't risk redirecting a deleting role against one of their own just to throw off suspicion and I don't think that they could have known that they are redirecting the Merovingian, so Zerep could be a Rogue cause Trinity performs random saves so she couldn't know if Zerep is a goodie, or a baddie!

One more thing that I'm intrigued about is how did PT save himself... it lead me to believe that he is a goodie!

Aah, another question for SD/LIS: When Thompson redirects, does he know the role he is redirecting?

Andro: If the above question is yes, then your Thompson scenario is quite possible. If it is no, then I would think that the agents would choose someone else in case the chosen person was a Twin or Neo.

Also, PT couldn't have saved himself. No actions can be taken on oneself.

Does Agent Brown choose his target in the night or day? I automatically assumed it was night, but not sure :blush:

It could just be a one-use secret ability to stop the lynch, although don't secret abilities usually have some connection to the known ability? Hmm, LIS might have gotten creative since most people know the previously-used secret abilities from last game...

perhaps a good idea to post questions in red - I will not deeply read the discussions

Night actions unless specifically satated

The secrets where erased from last game - when i added them again it was pot luck, there are some/loads/none different ones

Aah, another question for SD/LIS: When Thompson redirects, does he know the role he is redirecting?

Andro: If the above question is yes, then your Thompson scenario is quite possible. If it is no, then I would think that the agents would choose someone else in case the chosen person was a Twin or Neo.

Also, PT couldn't have saved himself. No actions can be taken on oneself.

Thompson - Odd nights can divert a players action to player of choice .. He choses player 'A' and diverts to 'B'. just the same as you saying divert Social Darwin's actions to Lost in Space, if smith is alive and knows a role he may RID kill, or he may use the knowledge to advantage

Hmm, I was just thinking that instead of spying on Nick tonight, someone should spy on Andromeda, but changed my mind. Maybe she's trying to divert distraction from him to herself? That's either because she really wants Nick's role to remain a secret while hiding herself is no big deal, or she's trying to get people to look at her, because maybe she has some secret "Spy on me and die" ability. Though, if either is spied on, it almost certainly confirms both.

You seemed to miss my conclusion there ;) I know that we can't perform actions on ourselves :rolleyes:

Aah...hmm, that's a lot of accusations you're putting out :ph34r:

Hmm, I was just thinking that instead of spying on Nick tonight, someone should spy on Andromeda, but changed my mind. Maybe she's trying to divert distraction from him to herself? That's either because she really wants Nick's role to remain a secret while hiding herself is no big deal, or she's trying to get people to look at her, because maybe she has some secret "Spy on me and die" ability. Though, if either is spied on, it almost certainly confirms both.

Well, it is a possibility, but I doubt a baddie would go right out and say something like that with such power, especially since if she is lying, at least 2 people can vouch against her. I thought about her doing a very convincing job of portraying a goodie, but the way she talked about Impy, there's not much ambiguity. Baddies probably would try to leave subtle clues to fake goodie roles so that people would believe them while no one can vouch against them with certainty. Saying that, I would once again like the goodie saving roles to consider Andro (if you have someone else in mind, go for it, just saying).

LIS/SD: can someone be saved from an RID kill?

What the devil are you talking about? :huh: I said that I think that PT is a goodie! How is that an accusation??

And about the spying thing... well we'll see what tomorrow brings! B))

Oh, my bad :blush: I'm one of those people with really short-term memories :P

AMBER Alert: Missing Persons Bulletin

Apoc has successfully kidnapped Impervious using the Nebuchannezzar.

Impervious is currently in a holding cell aboard the Freed Human's ship awaiting his release at the beginning of Day 2.

Until that time, he is as his name would suggest: impervious to being attacked or otherwise targetted.

...he could not be found?"

Was Impy asked about this? If not we could have our Agent Smith, I guess. Hiding behind the firewall? Or more probable he could be Agent Jones, as he wasn't mentioned in the night post.

EDIT: How did we miss that? Naughty boy, Imp! Starting the voting to throw suspicioin off you. :P

I insist a spy role check me out. I've absolutely nothing to hide. As for why Persephone couldn't find me...perhaps I was saved, perhaps that 1/6th chance of the action failing occurred, perhaps she was blocked. I'm honestly not sure. My character was not mentioned in the night post. There are also other role types whose actions aren't typically mentioned in the post. There are several potential characters I could be but only one is correct, and It's not the architect, an agent, or one of the Merovingian's goons.

SD - if you want to kill me off feel free. i, for some reason remember my RD differently, resulting in the recent faux pas :duh:

edit: thanks apoc. you won't regret it.

Edited by Impervious

I insist a spy role check me out. I've absolutely nothing to hide. As for why Persephone couldn't find me...perhaps I was saved, perhaps that 1/6th chance of the action failing occurred, perhaps she was blocked. I'm honestly not sure. My character was not mentioned in the night post. There are also other role types whose actions aren't typically mentioned in the post. There are several potential characters I could be but only one is correct, and It's not the architect, an agent, or one of the Merovingian's goons.

SD - if you want to kill me off feel free. i, for some reason remember my RD differently, resulting in the recent faux pas :duh:

edit: thanks apoc. you won't regret it.

You are kidnapped sweetie... you can't post! :)

You are kidnapped sweetie... you can't post! :)

Impervious was transmitting his message as he was kidnapped and managed to get one last post out before his signal was interrupted. He will not be posting until his release.

Both reaymond and IDNE had an equal amount of votes, yet "the appentice" had a "clear choice" of reaymond. I wonder if this an example of vote spoiling. I also wonder if Agent Brown would not want IDNE to be lynched for some reason. Hmmmm.

Isn't it just as likely that Merovingian voted for reaymond since his vote counts double?

Isn't it just as likely that Merovingian voted for reaymond since his vote counts double?

Nice thinking! That will most certainly narrow the search down to three names if that's what happened! But if the Frenchmen thought about it he probably wouldn't have voted to make it a tie!

It's definitely something we should think about. :)

Nice thinking! That will most certainly narrow the search down to three names if that's what happened! But if the Frenchmen thought about it he probably wouldn't have voted to make it a tie!

It's definitely something we should think about. :)

Ya, if I was him, I probably wouldn't have gotten myself into such a situation and lay low (ex. some of the people who were voting randomly for no reason :ph34r: ). Then again, he could also have not been on to see that his double vote was going to break a tie.

I will not elaborate cause I don't trust you GC.

I second that. <_<

It didn't seem like a traditional attack. Maybe one of the Twins has a spying or investigating ability that didn't work. Probably not in the 5/6 and 1/6 way though, as it likely would have been left out intirely.

Quite true. I think some kind of vote manipulation took place. I'll make a note of who voted for whom. Either the Merovingian is among those voting for reaymond or IDNE is a possible agent.

Quite true. I think some kind of vote manipulation took place. I'll make a note of who voted for whom. Either the Merovingian is among those voting for reaymond or IDNE is a possible agent.

What if IDNE is a goodie too, but the agents deliberately spoiled the vote so we'd conclude that he is a baddie when in fact he is a goodie. So far I didn't detect anything suspicious in his posts.

Yes, I know that I have been asking an amazingly large number of questions, but here comes another one :blush:

If a Twin attacks Person A successfully but was killed that same night, will Person A die? I think the answer is yes, just making sure.

What if IDNE is a goodie too, but the agents deliberately spoiled the vote so we'd conclude that he is a baddie when in fact he is a goodie. So far I didn't detect anything suspicious in his posts.

Hmm, quite possible. IDNE could very well be a goodie, but some factors make him seem a bit baddie-ish. But then again, someone else might be quite smart... :ph34r: But good point, the fact that the baddies saved IDNE doesn't mean he's a baddie himself...

edit: sentence structuring :P

Edited by star_tiger