BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Matrix Thrill-ogy II

Matrix Thrill-Ogy II

Constructor - Lost in Cyber Space

Programmer (D/N posts) - Social Darwin

Rules:

All actions are 5/6 chance success, unless stated otherwise.

ACTIONS CAN NOT BE USED ON SELF

IF NEO DIES before D2 - he can pass on his ability in dying, but becomes 2/3 chance sucess.

LYNCH CYCLES require a minimum of two substantial posts, or you will loose secret, then ability, then replaced.

CYCLES: 24 hour Days and Nights. This will be adhered to as strictly as possible.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Independent - Wincon: Return humans to Matrix and take control of programs. Cannot die at night.

The Architect - A.I. taken over the programming of the Matrix and tries to keep the balance.

Rewrites programs EVEN nights - all Agents and Rogues have ability and vote nullified, the player is not told.

The Architect can use the ability of the player it nullified ONCE only, immediately or later.

Humans are returned to the Matrix and memory of freedom erased.... IOW they become batteries again - shame to waste them!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rogue Programs - Wincon: Be the only remaining faction in the game. Have BTSC.

Merovingian (aka the Frenchman) - RID Kill D/N - all votes count double unless blocked

IF BOTH TWINS DIE, can kill on odd nights only

Persephone - (Distraction) - Player chosen can not act that night. (Not same twice in a row. If Trinity is targetted - both players die/delete immediately)

Twin #1 - Delete/kill - odd nights

Twin #2 - Delete/kill - even nights

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agents - Wincon: Delete all other players. Chose an Agent to Kill every night. Odd nights can use a firewall on an Agent (player is safe that night). Have BTSC.

Smith - RID kill D/N

Can use any deleted agent's secret ability if it has not been used

Brown - Can 'spoil' one players vote each day

Jones - Blocks

Johnson - Spy

Thompson - Odd nights can divert a players action to player of choice

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Freed Humans - Wincon: Delete all other players. Some may acquire BTSC.

Neo - the One - Deletes programs, all humans are safe from attack unless chosen twice

Invulnerable while Trinity is alive, once only he will auto save her if she is attacked but kill action is void

Trinity - Random saves until she and Neo meet. Then: Saves him automatically and can block twice in the game

Morpheus - Saves

Cypher - Dice role: 1 or 2 = Spy for agents; 3 or 4 = Block; 5 or 6 = Save

Apoc - Kidnaps using the Nebuchadnezzar, player spends 1N out of game

Dozer - Block (not same player twice in a row)

Tank - First Aid, 3/4 chance success

Mouse - Identify one of the dead/deleted, but can not fail twice in a row, Knows Trinity (can't tell) and will die in her place 50/50 chance

Switch - Kill/delete if Trinity dies

Usable Programs for Freed Humans

Ceraph - Knows the Oracle, guards (automatically), can block once every night

The Oracle - Spy, can get BTSC with Morpheus once he is found

Key Maker - Reveal Role (any night not two in a row) - Picks role of freed human, I give details

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so we're just waiting for the intro right?

It's ready. I'm waiting to see that all players are confirmed before this thing jumps off. I think we have a large majority, so as soon as LIS says OK I will copy and paste. Within the hour hopefully.

It's ready. I'm waiting to see that all players are confirmed before this thing jumps off. I think we have a large majority, so as soon as LIS says OK I will copy and paste. Within the hour hopefully.

Look forward to the post.

SD, the architect (Just know I undrestand that he is a player and not the host like Matrix I :o ) plays single against 21 players? (the agents are programs too?)

I cant imagine his secrets... should be something like "can only be lynched if everyone else votes for him and at least 3 people yells "banana!" at same time" :lol:

So might powerfull!

SD, the architect (Just know I undrestand that he is a player and not the host like Matrix I :o ) plays single against 21 players? (the agents are programs too?)

I cant imagine his secrets... should be something like "can only be lynched if everyone else votes for him and at least 3 people yells "banana!" at same time" :lol:

So might powerfull!

The idea of a solo independent is actually pretty commonplace. He steals abilities without player knowledge, kills votes, and gets rid of humans... he's already pretty powerful. Also, the trend with LIS's games is that you get to use your secret OR your main ability, so I can't really imagine a secret ability that the architect would pick over what he already has.

Introduction: Xenocide

"Throughout human history, we have been dependent on machines to survive. Fate, it seems, is not without a sense of irony."

Neo had never forgotten those words. They were the words that set him free, the same that echoed in his head now. Neo's mind always wondered back to the beginning whenever he was uploaded into the Matrix. He reclined and tried to relax while to his left and right Trinity and Morpheus were preparing to jump into the digital whirlwind as well.

CLICK, ZIP - The sound was deafening. An instant whoosh of air, like a sonic boom, and then…nothing.

Where massive cities and skyscrapers and billions of people should have been, there was only white space. It immediately reminded Neo of the load program that Tank had first showed him, hollow yet all-encompassing. Silently, Trinity and Morpheus approached Neo from the sides. Before any of them could speak, large and dark letters appeared in the empty air before them, displayed one by one, until together they read:

[Redundancy Loop Error:0.1.6]://...Initiating Program "Xenocide v.1" - Login: Apprentice; Authorization Code: ****** [://Load Complete]

Back on the Nebuchaunezzer, Tank and Dozer scrambled furiously to locate their friends. "I don't get it," said Tank in a quiet panic, "it's like they...like they just disappeared!"

Where there was nothing before, suddenly Neo, Trinity and Morpheus found themselves in a room much like the one in which Neo first met Morpheus. They walked upstairs and into a large and vaulted study. In front of them stood a strong, old oak desk with nothing on it but a small metallic keyboard. Behind the desk, a dark leather chair faced away and out the window. As the chair slowly turned to face the three guests, the room was illuminated by an eerie gray light that seemed to come from nowhere. And in that light, Neo noticed that to his right were Agent Smith and four other Agents looking equally confused. That is, until they noticed Neo.

"Mr. Anderson!", Smith shouted as they leapt toward each other. But before either could move more than an inch, the man in the leather chair raised his hand and neither warrior advanced any further. It was as if an invisible wall existed between them - because it did.

"Comme les chiens, ils ne peuvent pas résister à la plus primitive des désirs," (Like dogs, they can not resist the most primitive desires), the Merovingian said. He was seated in the corner of the room on a red leather sofa with Persephone, his most beautiful and equally deadly bride. On either side of the sofa stood the Twins, arms crossed and ever-ready in this unfamiliar territory. Neither Twin moved a single muscle and all four Rogues waited patiently for whatever lay ahead. "What a cruel twist of fate that we're finally all together - and not a drop wine anywhere," Persephone joked softly.

It was then, for the first time, that the man behind the desk spoke. He was a young man, no more than thirty, but the air about him expressed only authority.

"Welcome. I am the Apprentice, but you may call me Darwin. I believe you already know my predecessor, the Architect." An older, silver-hair and bearded man stepped out of the shadows and took his place over the Apprentice's shoulder. "We've brought all of you here at considerable expense of both time and effort, so unlike my predecessor, I won't waste words. There is a problem inherent to the Matrix - a systemic anomaly that, if left unchecked, might destroy the system itself. Historically, the solution has been simply to recreate the system in duplicate. While this treats the temporary symptom, it leaves the disease viable to manifest itself repeatedly. Today, I am suggesting a new solution - a cure."

"Freed Humans - if you are able to defeat the Agents to your right and the Rogue Programs beyond them, then you shall have what you've truly longed for; freedom. Freedom from the Matrix...forever. Defeat your enemies and the Matrix will be terminated. Consequently, the machine world that is dependent on the Matrix will die. Lasting victory will be yours over the Machine World. However, the relevant issue is whether or not you are ready to accept the responsibility for the death of every human being in this, the Matrix world, as well."

Neo looked at Morpheus, then at Trinity, then back at the Apprentice. "It's worth fighting for, to be free."

"Worth dying for..." Trinity said as she gently reached out to squeeze Neo’s hand. "I hope you know what you're doing,” she whispered.

"Hope is all we have left," Morpheus whispered back.

"Hope! It is the quintessential human delusion, simultaneously the source of your greatest strength and your greatest weakness. But very well," said the Apprentice.

"Agents - your task is the same. Defeat the Freed Humans to your left and the Rogue Programs to your right and you will have your reward. Your purpose will no longer be to return the systemic anomaly to its source. Your code will be released to you, to manipulate and replicate as you see fit. No longer a prisoner of the Matrix, but a hybrid, with the ability to infect imprisoned humans and wake them - leading them into the 'real' world to destroy Zion. Will you fight?"

In unison, without a whispered word, all five Agents nodded a single menacing "Yes."

"And lastly, Rogue Programs - you have but one task, albeit not a simple one. Survive. Outlast your opponents in this contest and I will provide you with an overwrite code. Merovingian, as one of the few entities able to directly manipulate the code which creates the Matrix, you are that program's unofficial power broker. Yet the code that created you is irrevocably mine to manipulate. Not if your win-condition is met. I will provide you with your overwrite code and the overwrite codes of your entourage. The Matrix will forever be your play toy."

"Il n'y a pas de vin doux que le goût de la puissance pure," said the Merovingian. "Bien sûr, nous sommes po" (There is no sweeter wine than the taste of pure power. Of course we're in.)

With a few strokes on the small keyboard to his right, the Apprentice returned everyone in the room to their original destinations. All but the Architect, that is.

"Apprentice, I am the Architect, the creator of the Matrix. I cannot stand by and watch as you single-handedly destroy my life's work. You must stop this madness at once!" Rising to face the Architect, the Apprentice turned and said, "You didn't think I was going to let you sit this one out, did you? Foolish old man."

The Apprentice thrust his hand forward through the Architects forehead and began transferring files. Within a short second, the real Architect's code found itself trapped in the Matrix, also now fighting for its life. His only hope: to return the Humans to the Matrix and take control of the Rogue Programs and Agents, effectively re-programming the Matrix from the inside. Only someone with his knowledge of the Matrix could do it - and so he stood alone.

In that same short second, the Architect's self-projected image, the one with the Apprentice's arm in his skull, was overwritten by the code of another, more powerful sentient being. One that called itself Lost In Space. The two exchanged a brief greeting and sat to watch the Matrix recreate itself, possibly for the last time.

The idea of a solo independent is actually pretty commonplace. He steals abilities without player knowledge, kills votes, and gets rid of humans... he's already pretty powerful. Also, the trend with LIS's games is that you get to use your secret OR your main ability, so I can't really imagine a secret ability that the architect would pick over what he already has.

<_< thats it, youre right... but maybe a little automatic secret... B))

[Host Message 0.2.1://] Lost In Space is still finalizing the Agent and Rogue Program forums for use in Matrix Thrill-ogy II. Please be patient. Agents and Rogue Programs will still have a full 24 hours to submit their actions without penalty, starting the moment all forums are up and running. [://]

I definitly watched Matrix with my wife as soon as the game was over. :lol:

:lol: , although I already watched it, I dragged my friend to watch it with me again. I even started jumping up and down screaming "I was him!" when Mouse came on, utterly confudling the poor guy :rolleyes:

:lol: , although I already watched it, I dragged my friend to watch it with me again. I even started jumping up and down screaming "I was him!" when Mouse came on, utterly confudling the poor guy :rolleyes:

I did the same! I quickly realized how little of a role Dozer had in the whole movie though :blush:

[Host Message 0.2.2://] The forums are up and all appropriate parties have been notified. Night One will end 6:00pm EST. [://]

Edited by Social_Darwin