Who are we?

What am I?

'Cause I dunno.

• Answers 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

**Yawn** is it hint time yet?

I'll give you some hints, but you have to promise to try my other riddles "It's the thought that counts. WAI" and "Rhymes Smymes"

The guesses about the Olympics are wrong. However the genre is correct.

What does it mean to fix something, even if it is not broken.

Start naming some jewels, maybe you'll spark an idea.

The answer may be more obscure than I thought. If you figure out the Year from the clues, then you will certainly find your answer through Google. But which one of these clues tells you the year?

I'll give you some hints, but you have to promise to try my other riddles "It's the thought that counts. WAI" and "Rhymes Smymes"

The guesses about the Olympics are wrong. However the genre is correct.

What does it mean to fix something, even if it is not broken.

Start naming some jewels, maybe you'll spark an idea.

The answer may be more obscure than I thought. If you figure out the Year from the clues, then you will certainly find your answer through Google. But which one of these clues tells you the year?

I'm not positive of the year, but for some reason I'm thinking Shoeless Joe Jackson and the baseball scandal. 9 innings, baseball diamond, etc. Trying to figure out how it relates to some of the other pieces though.

I'm not positive of the year, but for some reason I'm thinking Shoeless Joe Jackson and the baseball scandal. 9 innings, baseball diamond, etc. Trying to figure out how it relates to some of the other pieces though.

Say it ain't so! Nice Job.

This riddle is about the 1919 (twice the prime time) Chicago White Sox and the players that fixed the world series. The 1919 World series was one of four world series that was best of 9 games, not 7 games, as usual. The white sox played the cincinnati reds (red and white spotted jewel). The Reds won the series in 8 games. Shoeless Joe Jackson was one of the 8 players kicked out of the league when the scandal was reveiled in 1920. "Fine, for words not spoken" refers to the player who new about the scandal but did not speak up. He received a fine. "Coal" refers to their bad deed. "70 later coal made into silver" Refers to the 1989 movie The Field of Dreams. The 8 players banned from the game make an appearance in the movie with Kevin Kostner. The infamous 1919 Chicago White Sox have since been know as the Black Sox for the scandal. Light made into dark. The end of the riddle "Who am I? What am I? 'Cause I dunno." is an allusion of the old Abbot and Costello routine "Who's on first." Who is on first. What is on second. Idunno is on third. Nice Job!

Edited by hungryjeff

Say it ain't so! Nice Job.

This riddle is about the 1919 (twice the prime time) Chicago White Sox and the players that fixed the world series. The 1919 World series was one of four world series that was best of 9 games, not 7 games, as usual. The white sox played the cincinnati reds (red and white spotted jewel). The Reds won the series in 8 games. Shoeless Joe Jackson was one of the 8 players kicked out of the league when the scandal was reveiled in 1920. "Fine, for words not spoken" refers to the player who new about the scandal but did not speak up. He received a fine. "Coal" refers to their bad deed. "70 later coal made into silver" Refers to the 1989 movie The Field of Dreams. The 8 players banned from the game make an appearance in the movie with Kevin Kostner. The infamous 1919 Chicago White Sox have since been know as the Black Sox for the scandal. Light made into dark. The end of the riddle "Who am I? What am I? 'Cause I dunno." is an allusion of the old Abbot and Costello routine "Who's on first." Who is on first. What is on second. Idunno is on third. Nice Job!

wait...

is that the answer?

wait...

is that the answer?

Yes, it is the answer.

Legend has it that as Shoeless Joe Jackson was leaving the courthouse during the trial, a young boy begged of him, "Say it ain't so, Joe," and that Joe did not respond.