BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Brandonb

Question

OK, tonight is the night that we need to deal damage.

1) SomeGuy ??

2) Impervious - [Hades]

3) LIS - [Apollo]

4) GC - [Cerberus]

5) Prof. T - [Persephone]

6) dawh - [Perseus]

7) Kat - [Calchus]

8) Bb - [Odysseus]

9) RMZ - [Minotaur]

10) ST - [Athena]

11) Artificial I - [Hermes]

12) Riranor - [Nestor]

13) JS -

14) Randro - [Medusa]

15) twin bro - [Theseus]

16) IDNE -

17) Kat2 - [Diomedes]

Nestor Blocks GC's movement (Holds him on the surface without a target)

Nestor boosts Diomedes

Diomedes#1 Attacks Randro

Diomedes#2 Attacks PT

Athena#1 Protects CP

Athena#2 Protects Riranor

Odysseus Kills IDNE

Odysseus guesses:

1) Charon Blocks AI (Block/ID)

2) Medusa Blocks AI (Block/ID)

3) Medusa Blocks ST (Block/ID)

ending positions will be... (everyone moves down two spaces)

1) The Surface

~The River Styx~

2) Ixion's Path

3) Hell Swamp

4) The Valley of Sisyphus

5) Fire Cave - ST, riranor

6) Dungeons

7) Snakes' Cavern - Kat2

8) Prometheus' Mountain

9) Tantalus' Lake

10) Volcanic Pits - Bb

11) Hades' Castle

How does this look to everyone?

Itachi, would a save prevent Hermes from moving someone? (if Persephone saved Hermes' target)

From Hermes:

"Ok, we have to be very careful tonight, so we're not going to use any of our old codes. Instead we're going to use one of those book codes where you give a series of numbers to refer to a letter in a book. I've been trying to think of a book that we both likely own, and I think it's probable that you own at least one of the harry potter books so we'll use that. So, your code will start with a single number representing which book in the harry potter series you're using. Follow that with a hyphen and use the following system for coding each letter, (Chapter#.Paragraph#.Word#.Letter#). This means that if you put 4.2.9.3, I will look in chapter 4, paragraph 2, at the 9th word in that paragrpah, and the 3rd letter in that word. Separate these sets of numbers with hyphens, so an example of the code would look like,

4 - 4.2.9.3 - 5.1.6.1 - etc. (The first 4 means you're using the 4th harry potter book. The rest of the number represents only two letters. The actual code might end up being really long, so try not to ramble. Also, don't bother thanking me at the end. That's just more words to decode.)

One last thing, try not to use the first harry potter book if you can. I think the canadian and american publications are slightly different. Also, avoid using page numbers in case the publication is different. Stick to chapter.paragraph.word.letter. I need you to tell me who to move and where tonight, and also where to move myself so that I can stay out of danger."

Yes, anyone who dies on the Surface (for whatever reason) stays in the game and gets sent to a random spot in Tartarus.

Cool Deal :)

Final Actions

Nestor Blocks GC's movement (Holds him on the surface without a target [unless he wants to take out Kat2 and send her to tartarus])

Nestor boosts Odysseus

Diomedes#1 Attacks _______

Odysseus Kills Impervious2

Odysseus guesses:

1) Theseus attacks Riranor (Block/ID)

2) Theseus attacks Artificial 1 (Block/ID)

3) Charon blocks Kat2 being sent to the surface (Block/ID)

If Odysseus is attacked, sacrifice Kat2 and send her back down to Tartarus :)

ending positions will be... (everyone moves Up 1 space)

1) The Surface - Kat2 (Sent by lynch)

~The River Styx~

2) Ixion's Path

3) Hell Swamp

4) The Valley of Sisyphus - riranor

5) Fire Cave

6) Dungeons

7) Snakes' Cavern

8) Prometheus' Mountain

9) Tantalus' Lake - Bb

10) Volcanic Pits

11) Hades' Castle

Edited by Brandonb

I'm running into a weird conundrum that I can't explain well to the Baddies. Tonight: if Nestor didn't use his secret on GC, GC would be in Tartarus. So they would both be in Tartarus. Meaning Nestor should be able to act on him. But his act is keeping GC in place, thus keeping him on the Surface... :wacko:

What do you guys think about it?

I thought about it last night and didn't really care since Athena was going to block GC in Tartarus anyway, but now tonight it's actually crucial. I think Nestor should be able to hold GC on the Surface, since GC would be in Tartarus if not for Nestor.

I'm running into a weird conundrum that I can't explain well to the Baddies. Tonight: if Nestor didn't use his secret on GC, GC would be in Tartarus. So they would both be in Tartarus. Meaning Nestor should be able to act on him. But his act is keeping GC in place, thus keeping him on the Surface... :wacko:

What do you guys think about it?

I thought about it last night and didn't really care since Athena was going to block GC in Tartarus anyway, but now tonight it's actually crucial. I think Nestor should be able to hold GC on the Surface, since GC would be in Tartarus if not for Nestor.

Nestor has always been able to make people hold their move no matter where he is (We've been doing it all game). Just like last night, Nestor stops his move and GC cannot move downward.

Nestor has always been able to make people hold their move no matter where he is (We've been doing it all game). Just like last night, Nestor stops his move and GC cannot move downward.

Yea I agree, it's just difficult to explain because of the rule that they both must be on the Same side of the River for them to interact.

I always thought it was like Kat's ability to see other people's actions, no matter where she was.

I think the only time we ran into this problem was last night, and since it didn't matter because of Athena, I didn't care. I think it only makes sense for Nestor to be able to hold the player if Nestor is also on the Surface. So, sorry about that hosting glitch. I'm going to make a public post about it.

Edit: actually, I still can't tell what's right so nvm...

I think the only time we ran into this problem was last night, and since it didn't matter because of Athena, I didn't care. I think it only makes sense for Nestor to be able to hold the player if Nestor is also on the Surface. So, sorry about that hosting glitch. I'm going to make a public post about it.

Edit: actually, I still can't tell what's right so nvm...

k, nvm

Edited by Brandonb

lolz, i think we're right about this anyway. it is confusing and I should probably just say Nestor's secret ability is "to send his target back to where they came from". It would have the same effect and less confusion.

But that would suggest that the player makes it to wherever they were headed to carry out their action, then return.

I'll try to do my best Kat and help Bb ok, i think i might finally have a bit of time starting tomorrow morning for me and then all day Sunday so i will look at some stuff i might of missed and do th best i can ok?

I'll try to do my best Kat and help Bb ok, i think i might finally have a bit of time starting tomorrow morning for me and then all day Sunday so i will look at some stuff i might of missed and do th best i can ok?

Thank you :)

Today we need to vote against twinbro

We have the majority now, and there's no way they can stop us or hurt us for the rest of the game.

Tonight our actions will be:

Nestor Blocks GC's movement (Holds him on the surface without a target)

Nestor boosts Diomedes

Diomedes#1 Kills SG2 100%

Diomedes#2 Kills SG2 200% (Again) :P

Odysseus Kills twinbro 100% (since he will be sent back down from the Surface powerless after the lynch)

Odysseus guesses:

1) Medusa blocks Riranor (Block/ID)

2) Medusa blocks Kat2 Artificial 1 (Block/ID)

3) Medusa blocks Bb (Block/ID)

ending positions will be... (everyone moves Up 2 spaces)

1) The Surface

~The River Styx~

2) Ixion's Path - riranor

3) Hell Swamp - Kat2

4) The Valley of Sisyphus

5) Fire Cave

6) Dungeons

7) Snakes' Cavern - Bb

8) Prometheus' Mountain

9) Tantalus' Lake

10) Volcanic Pits

11) Hades' Castle

Then tomorrow we vote for GC, which will bring him down from the Surface powerless.

Then Diomedes, Hermes, Nestor, and Odysseus have their way with him :rolleyes: (what happens in Tartarus, stays in Tartarus) :o

Edited by Brandonb