BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Brandonb

Question

OK, tonight is the night that we need to deal damage.

1) SomeGuy ??

2) Impervious - [Hades]

3) LIS - [Apollo]

4) GC - [Cerberus]

5) Prof. T - [Persephone]

6) dawh - [Perseus]

7) Kat - [Calchus]

8) Bb - [Odysseus]

9) RMZ - [Minotaur]

10) ST - [Athena]

11) Artificial I - [Hermes]

12) Riranor - [Nestor]

13) JS -

14) Randro - [Medusa]

15) twin bro - [Theseus]

16) IDNE -

17) Kat2 - [Diomedes]

Nestor Blocks GC's movement (Holds him on the surface without a target)

Nestor boosts Diomedes

Diomedes#1 Attacks Randro

Diomedes#2 Attacks PT

Athena#1 Protects CP

Athena#2 Protects Riranor

Odysseus Kills IDNE

Odysseus guesses:

1) Charon Blocks AI (Block/ID)

2) Medusa Blocks AI (Block/ID)

3) Medusa Blocks ST (Block/ID)

ending positions will be... (everyone moves down two spaces)

1) The Surface

~The River Styx~

2) Ixion's Path

3) Hell Swamp

4) The Valley of Sisyphus

5) Fire Cave - ST, riranor

6) Dungeons

7) Snakes' Cavern - Kat2

8) Prometheus' Mountain

9) Tantalus' Lake

10) Volcanic Pits - Bb

11) Hades' Castle

How does this look to everyone?

Itachi, would a save prevent Hermes from moving someone? (if Persephone saved Hermes' target)

Itachi, would a save prevent Hermes from moving someone?

Like, If Athena chose Kat, would it protect Kat from everything including being moved by Hermes? (I would assume not since a save would most likely not stop Charon from blocking someone, which is a move-altering action like Hermes)

If I can get an answer we can have our actions in within the hour :)

Edited by Brandonb

Itachi, would a save prevent Hermes from moving someone?

Like, If Athena chose Kat, would it protect Kat from everything including being moved by Hermes? (I would assume not since a save would most likely not stop Charon from blocking someone, which is a move-altering action like Hermes)

If I can get an answer we can have our actions in within the hour :)

Right, saves have to do with actions. Hermes is all about traveling. I try to keep the two separate. There are exceptions, but specifically, saving Kat would not stop Hermes from moving her, but if he did and she was attacked, she would be saved :lol: Edit: IF her and her savior were on the same side of the River.

Edit: answered in 3 minutes... :P

Right, saves have to do with actions. Hermes is all about traveling. I try to keep the two separate. There are exceptions, but specifically, saving Kat would not stop Hermes from moving her, but if he did and she was attacked, she would be saved :lol: Edit: IF her and her savior were on the same side of the River.

Edit: answered in 3 minutes... :P

N1 :)

Gonna think about this for a few more mins before making this final :)

Hermes takes twinbro to the surface (Leaves him on the surface without a target [not our action I know, but just clarifying for myself] :P)

Nestor Blocks GC's movement (Holds him on the surface without a target)

Nestor boosts Diomedes

Diomedes#1 Attacks Randro

Diomedes#2 Attacks PT

Athena#1 Protects CP

Odysseus Kills PT

Odysseus guesses:

3) Medusa Blocks Bb (Block/ID)

1) The Surface

~The River Styx~

2) Ixion's Path

3) Hell Swamp

6) Dungeons

7) Snakes' Cavern - Kat2

8) Prometheus' Mountain

9) Tantalus' Lake

10) Volcanic Pits - Bb

11) Hades' Castle

Final Actions

Hermes takes twinbro to the surface (Leaves him on the surface without a target [not our action I know, but just clarifying for myself] :P)

Nestor Blocks GC's movement (Holds him on the surface without a target, hopefully his secret ability does not bite us in the @$$)

Nestor boosts Diomedes

Diomedes#1 Attacks IDNE

Diomedes#2 Attacks PT

Athena#1 Protects Kat2

Odysseus Kills twinbro (in case something extraordinary goes wrong again :P)

Odysseus guesses:

3) Medusa Blocks Bb (Block/ID)

1) The Surface

~The River Styx~

2) Ixion's Path

3) Hell Swamp

6) Dungeons

7) Snakes' Cavern - Kat2

8) Prometheus' Mountain

9) Tantalus' Lake

10) Volcanic Pits - Bb

11) Hades' Castle

Persephone will likely save GC (since they probably expect him to be able to move down and attack) and also save Medusa (with the 2nd save).

I doubt they will waste abilities trying to stop Hermes tonight, but I have taken the precautions just in case.

We do not know if SomeGuy was Charon, Argus or the Siren... lets hope it was the Siren...

I just wish I had another block to prevent Persephone from saving Randro. But I guess that action is just gonna fail <_< so instead we'll try to blind-side them by taking our IDNE.

It seems that if everything goes wrong we will still take down Persephone.

Edited by Brandonb

I guess this is pretty much it for the roster...

1) SomeGuy - [siren]

2) Impervious - [Hades]

3) LIS - [Apollo]

4) GC - [Cerberus]

5) Prof. T - [Persephone]

6) dawh - [Perseus]

7) Kat - [Calchus]

8) Bb - [Odysseus]

9) RMZ - [Minotaur]

10) ST - [Athena]

11) Artificial I - [Hermes]

12) Riranor - [Nestor]

13) Imperious2 - Argus/Charon

14) SG2 - [Medusa]

15) twin bro - [Theseus]

16) IDNE - Argus/Charon

17) Kat2 - [Diomedes]

Blah, I hate that their strategists keep coming back to life! <_<

As far as today's actions go. There will surely be a tie in voting. They will likely vote riranor to keep him from blocking GC again and stop him from boosting our weaker attack roles (not to mention he was GC's would-be target last night).

In response, I think we should vote against one of their attackers. I believe GC is the most appropriate. That way, Hermes can take Twin Bro across the river (finally... I hate that I stopped him... I feel like a bonehead)

Good news, it will leave only Medusa to tangle with (and Argus/Charon)... I just hope we can take her down. It will also make me invulnerable again if one of us gets sent to the surface. So whoever gets sent will be able to act as our protection for me :P

But then again... we need to see who the are voting for. B/C if they vote for Diomedes, then we need to change up our plans and vote for Medusa. (Nestor will block GC again, and my three blocks will stop all of Theseus' attacks while I kill him 100%)

So... I guess we wait.

Edited by Brandonb

Well, it was really fun playing with all you guys, and at least you killed 2 monsters ;) It really sucks that Persephone can kill though...wonder if it's something she can do after getting recruited by Hades, or if it's just a one-time thing...hmm, if she can kill, I guess she can't save now?

Well, it was really fun playing with all you guys, and at least you killed 2 monsters ;) It really sucks that Persephone can kill though...wonder if it's something she can do after getting recruited by Hades, or if it's just a one-time thing...hmm, if she can kill, I guess she can't save now?

I think she has always been able to do it (after all, PT had a secret player ability from th last game).

I think I may have mistaken an attack during an earlier night as a save. So she was actually able to attack rather than have 2 saves <_<

Oh well, she's dead now, so we don't have to worry about it anymore :)

The baddies have no more saving roles (unless you count Medusa). So today it will probably be best to take out medusa in the lynch :). I'm gonna run through it in my head a little more, but I would appreciate it if right now everyone voted against SG2.

Edit: Itachi, SG2 did replace Medusa right?

Edited by Brandonb

Who was discovered to be Medusa... good deal. Just wanted to make sure I had the right target :rolleyes: thanks. :)

Ah yes, I was thinking Medusa was one of the characters you may be unsure of. Still, I like to keep up practicing anonymity. It's not the easiest thing to keep everything secret (for me at least) ;)

Hey Itachi. Is there anything out there that can bypass the lynch effects? Specifically "The victim is revealed as (Olympian, Achaean, or Monster) and are made powerless for that Night."

Emphasis being placed on either/or on the revelation/powerlessness...

Hey Itachi. Is there anything out there that can bypass the lynch effects? Specifically "The victim is revealed as (Olympian, Achaean, or Monster) and are made powerless for that Night."

Emphasis being placed on either/or on the revelation/powerlessness...

I'm not sure what you're asking about. Could you rephrase it?

nvm, I'll work it out for myself :P

So if...

"all Characters from the previous game have a hidden ability and there are 4 Players with hidden Abilities as well."

Then that means: Athena, Apollo, Hermes, Odysseus, Nestor, Diomedes, and Calchus have specials.

Also,

"Prof. Templeton, dawh, Brandonb, SomeGuy and unreality... All of those characters and those 5 players (should they play in the next game) will have a super-special-secret ability."

4 of those 5 played in the last game... those are the 4 with the "hidden abilities as well."

Which means that the only players left on the board with special abilities are

Brandonb, Riranor, AI, and Kat2

I wish I had done this at the beginning of the game :)

Anyways, the baddies no longer have any secret abilities among them. So we are good to go :)

Ok, itachi. I'm cool with the current 4:4 vote that's up right now :)

Also curious... If Nestor boosts Diomedes (if Diomedes is powerless after a lynch) will Diomedes' kill ability be returned?

No. good question and basically a loophole, but the Daily Sacrifice rule would override the Character rule, making Diomedes powerless that night. No character can escape it, except you and Hades, basically.

I have a couple more questions

1) If Charon was inactive (or his movement block was a missed shot in the dark), would he be mentioned in the post?

2) If Hermes is unsuccessful with taking someone across the river, do they remain where they were? Or do they get dropped off on Ixion's Path?

I have a couple more questions

1) If Charon was inactive (or his movement block was a missed shot in the dark), would he be mentioned in the post?

2) If Hermes is unsuccessful with taking someone across the river, do they remain where they were? Or do they get dropped off on Ixion's Path?

1)No. No action warrants no post. If he tries to block someone who stays in Tartarus it would not be mentioned.

2)They get dropped at Ixion's because that's as far as the 2 could get.