BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Brandonb

Question

Well, it seems that Hermes will not be joining the baddies yet. So... (pending Kat's info)

Nestor Blocks ______'s movement

Nestor boosts Diomedes

Diomedes1 attacks Prof T

Diomedes2 attacks GC (assuming Hermes will bring him back)

Athena1 Protects CP

Odysseus Blocks IDNE based on this vote

Odysseus Kills GC (assuming Hermes will bring him back)

Odysseus guesses:

1) Medusa selects Bb (Block/ID)

2) Persephone protects Prof T (Block/ID)

3) Persephone protects GC (Block/ID) (assuming Hermes will bring him back)

Current positions are..... (moving 2 spaces tonight)

1) The Surface

~The River Styx~

2) Ixion's Path - riranor, ST

3) Hell Swamp

4) The Valley of Sisyphus - CP

5) Fire Cave

6) Dungeons

7) Snakes' Cavern

8) Prometheus' Mountain

9) Tantalus' Lake

10) Volcanic Pits

11) Hades' Castle - Bb, Kat

Edited by rookie1ja

Well, I figure IDNE decoded the message and believes he may have problems since he voted for me. But I guess with all of our actions hovering around Hermes/GC/CP. We really cannot risk IDNE being Hermes. So....

Final Actions

Nestor Blocks CP's movement

Nestor boosts Diomedes

Diomedes attack#1 = GC

Diomedes attack#2 = GC (both attacks are on GC for the final kill)

Athena1 Protects CP

Odysseus Kills twinbro

Odysseus guesses:

1) Persephone protects GC (Block/ID)

2) Medusa selects Riranor (Block/ID)

3) Medusa selects Artificial I(Block/ID) (I still believe he is Hermes)

Ending positions will be..... (moving 2 up two spaces except CP)

1) The Surface

~The River Styx~

2) Ixion's Path - riranor, ST

3) Hell Swamp

4) The Valley of Sisyphus - CP

5) Fire Cave

6) Dungeons

7) Snakes' Cavern

8) Prometheus' Mountain

9) Tantalus' Lake - Bb, Kat

10) Volcanic Pits

11) Hades' Castle

I dunno, he said "I knew it was too obvious" or something...maybe I just read that wrong?

<(^-^)>

Ya, but he could very well be faking. Although for some reason, the messages from Hermes seems more like IDNE than AI. Or is that just me? -_-

Ya, but he could very well be faking. Although for some reason, the messages from Hermes seems more like IDNE than AI. Or is that just me? -_-

Yeah, it did sound kinda like IDNE, though I have no idea what AI sounds like :unsure:

Based on behavior alone. AI seems WAAAAY more likely to be Hermes. Especially after the way the baddies went after him in the lynches, and the way that IDNE has voted, compared against AI.

*fears IDNE may be the Siren*

Edited by Brandonb

Yeah, it did sound kinda like IDNE, though I have no idea what AI sounds like :unsure:

Based on behavior alone. AI seems WAAAAY more likely to be Hermes. Especially after the way the baddies went after him in the lynches, and the way that IDNE has voted, compared against AI.

*fears IDNE may be the Siren*

Very true, I guess AI maybe is Hermes. Knowing that, would tonight's actions change?

Very true, I guess AI maybe is Hermes. Knowing that, would tonight's actions change?

Only whether or not I block IDNE. He is either Hermes or a baddie. I am confident enough in AI to keep the Medusa block set on him. But not confident enough to block IDNE... I was before he made that comment though.

Crap, that was a good bluff on IDNE's part :P

aww, I just realized that I am going about this all wrong. Probably should've just stuck to the original plan and taken out Medusa and Theseus (and made an attempt on PT/Persephone) so that everyone would be safe and we could take out GC tomorrow, and Riranor would be safe on the surface.

Blah, oh well. The worst that can happen is that Theseus makes one successful kill. We have this game in the bag anyway (unless Hermes betrays us :o ).

aww, I just realized that I am going about this all wrong. Probably should've just stuck to the original plan and taken out Medusa and Theseus (and made an attempt on PT/Persephone) so that everyone would be safe and we could take out GC tomorrow, and Riranor would be safe on the surface.

Blah, oh well. The worst that can happen is that Theseus makes one successful kill. We have this game in the bag anyway (unless Hermes betrays us or Hades comes back from the dead :o ).

TY

Also, how did Diomedes' first attack fail? I thought Nestor's boost applied to the player, not just for the attack.

OOOOH YEAH! I completely forgot about the Siren probability-halving thing :P

Edit: also, a question for Itachi

If Nestor boosts CP tonight, does it only eliminate the effects of the Siren? Or will it eliminate the effects of the Siren AND boost her stats?

Edited by Brandonb

OOOOH YEAH! I completely forgot about the Siren probability-halving thing :P

Edit: also, a question for Itachi

If Nestor boosts CP tonight, does it only eliminate the effects of the Siren? Or will it eliminate the effects of the Siren AND boost her stats?

It will do both. Just remember that characters must be on the same side for actions to work.

Just to be super-duper clear. Bb, I have 2 questions for you:

1) I assume you would Plea for Hermes if you get Sacrificed, n'est pa?

2) What do you think will happen if you get Sacrificed? ~I know, but I just want to know what your interpretation of the rules are first. (sorry I made some of them ambiguous) :unsure:

Just to be super-duper clear. Bb, I have 2 questions for you:

1) I assume you would Plea for Hermes if you get Sacrificed, n'est pa?

2) What do you think will happen if you get Sacrificed? ~I know, but I just want to know what your interpretation of the rules are first. (sorry I made some of them ambiguous) :unsure:

1) yes, a plea to Hermes :)

2) I had asked that question right after I was set free. You responded with this answer (is this still how it is going to work?)

No, consider "targeted" to encompass lynches as well. So, you would send another Achaean across and they would be made powerless.

So if I am lynched, I choose Kat to be sent to the surface (Unless Hermes adds the vote that will allow Kat to sway it).

Edit: Also, I would prefer the long version of the day. It will certainly help when spring break ends on Monday :)

Edited by Brandonb

1) yes, a plea to Hermes :)-roger

2) I had asked that question right after I was set free. You responded with this answer (is this still how it is going to work?) -yep

So if I am lynched, I choose Kat to be sent to the surface (Unless Hermes adds the vote that will allow Kat to sway it). -got it

Edit: Also, I would prefer the long version of the day. It will certainly help when spring break ends on Monday :)-you got it! ;)