BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

...this is a branch off of CuteSparklezGirl's 'Is there a spiritual world?' topic...please feel free 2 tell your experiences and thoughts...no teasing or arguing please...

• Answers 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

"My emphasis. You think being a homosexual stoning, woman oppressing, genocidal racist makes a you good person? Or, if there are "good atheists", a better person? You're insane. Anyone who actually lives by the Bible, the literal interpretation with every line followed, is by all moral standards, a TERRIBLE person. "

wow ok.

So whens the last time you heard of a homosexual stoning in America(i swear my freind was the one throwing the rocks... ) anyway the bible has many prejudices of the time. You cant avoid it. But if i remember my bible all the passages u used are from the old testament. by that logic if you great great great great grandfather owned slaves and you dont disagree with everything he ever thought and openly hate him then your a racist (this is an exageration in case you don't realize this, ill try to dumb it down from now on). There is alot of good love thy neighbor stuff in the old testament. and anyway if someone literally interprets the bible that means they dont believe in evolution, not anything ur saying. The old God is completely different then the new God of the bible. Same with the texts to judge the whole book by a few passages your mom found is insane.

additon- religion is used as a justification for preexisting feelings of white supremecy (the gay thing is a lil different) religion doesnt cause it. Also these people are like the 911 jackers few and far between. Also do you know that those men were recruited because al queda pays more then anyone else can reasonably make there. anyway

Of course its been a long long time since a homosexual was publicly stoned in the united states. they are still killed though, just not publicly. christians try to save their reputation by ignoring the old testament all the time. the fact is, there are passage in the bible where christians are commanded to believe all of it. Matthew 5:17-18 (New International Version)

The Fulfillment of the Law

17"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

next

"ut at the same side i know plenty of people that believe in nothing and ive felt they do it out of insecurity.

Not even close. Though personally, I would never trust the feeling off a theist, anyway. Perhaps you should ignore your own? Moving on. No, I don't believe in God/mythical creatures because there IS NO EVIDENCE FOR THEIR EXISTENCE. Really, this should all be a brain exercise. Remember when you got over Santa? Do the same thing with your god. Really, there's a lot more evidence for Santa than God. Flaws with both. "

you know all atheist thats impressive,

she never claimed that or even remotely implied that.

so could you tell john i wont make it to dinner next weekend, i have a homosexual woman to stone (i hope shes black too).

next (im doing this because i dont know how to do the quote thing so this will split it up)

""Surely, if something is a miracle, ie, something that is surprising and not explicable by natural or scientific law and must therefore be the result of divine intervention, and that something is explained by scientists, then it isn't a miracle? This is classic fallacious thinking. "I don't know how this happened, so Gawd must have done it."

ok when i say the old miracles i mean the miracles of old. Things that were considered miracles this is an example of you either not understanding or vastly overestimating your supremacy (hey if your white that combines to being bad)

what doesnt she understand? you have explained nothing. old miracles are miracles of old? are you kidding me? what is there to understand? nothing.

next

"QUOTE

They dont realize that the fact the something used to prove god has been disproven (or close to it) does not mean god is false.

We do realize that. I've said it myself on this board before. Absence of proof isn't proof of absence, but it's certainly evidence for it. Search through some of the older threads. All this has been covered..""

you are wrong disproving proof is not evidence of anything. thats what the horrible exaggerating analogy was meant to exaggerate

she mentioned nothing of disproving proof, however disproving proof IS in fact evidence. izzy said that ABSENCE of proof is evidence which it most certainly is.

next

"(i talk of god because he is who i was taught i mean any higher being)

Uh-huh... Which one, and why is that god the right one? "

the point of that is obviously saying i talk of any god so i dont know if it is mine. If i did i would be saying **** your gods im talking about mine. (eventhough to be fair at some times my observations are limited to "my" god but its obvious when this is true.)

they cant all be right. -Bertrand Russel

in closing notice im not making fun of you for being an atheist (tho i do hate u for it) im making fun of you for being close minded.

stubbornly believing nonsense without evidence is the pinnacle of narrow-mindedness

Now im not saying your ignorant (tho i did say that above sorry) im just saying you refuse to accept others who have different thought or aspects of there lives

what makes you think she doesnt accept you? she just disagrees with you. learn the difference.

Im fine with you thinking as you do, just not yelling and making fun of people for it.

im fine with you thinking as you do to, accept the part about your loving merciful god exclaiming my eternal afterlife of torture.

think about it, making fun of or bashing someone for thinking or being different eventhough they are doing nothing to harm you.

how would you feel if a huge group of people you were destined to burn in a pit of sulfur but had no evidence to bck up their claims? i bet you would react even worse than izzy. Plus i dont think izzy's claimed "bashings" were that bad at all, they werent malicious. stop taking things so personally.

also i am sorry if any of my jokes were inappropriate or ill humored or

which part was a joke?

....i could go on forever

please dont

this has been a weekly installment of im a religious person on an intellectual forum

The only thing that you have shown us Final is that you have a pretty high opinion of yourself, you are a hypocrite and display a crass lack of an understanding of atheism. perhaps you should read up a little bit, or perhaps read the thread a little more thoroughly before making asinine assumptions about what has been said or the people who have said these things.

:offtopic:

Take this to a new thread, please, and quit polluting this discussion of Mythical and mystical creatures.

:offtopic:

:angry:

God is a mythical entity, like Santa but for the adults :) so it's not off topic... I think.

EDIT: and no more threads about religion and God please, there're enough of those!

Edited by andromeda

Agreed with Andromeda, GOD IS A MYTHICAL CREATURE, and THEREFORE APPROPRIATE TO BE DISCUSSED IN THIS THREAD. I could have sworn (not to gawd :P) a few pages ago Rookie outlined what this thread was about, God being part of that. Yeah, we've had looooooooooads of religious discussions on this site, but we've also gotten more noobs who aren't going to go look up the old threads because they want to discuss it instead of reading what other people said. Guys, no one is forcing you to read this thread.

but on to other things. I dont know y you have to make fun of others and put people down when you obviously dont know much about these things (i have retarded friends too you want to make fun of them for not thinking like u do( i just realized one of them even is religious oh my friend you have hit the jack pot on this one)).

Haha, I'm willing to bet I'm much more informed of and capable to debate religion than you are. I've been a nice atheist, and have grown bored of it. There's nothing I can do (well, now) to communicate the falsehood of religious to all these nuts, so for the most part, I've stopped trying. I think some NOFX lyrics can be applied appropriately here. Watch

video, but since I doubt you'll sit through all of it, read this:

I have no consideration

Zero mutual respect

For billions who suffer from rational thought neglect

And it’s getting agonizing to hang out

With grown adults who actually believe

Mythology and history trump physics and science

My aversion has turned to aberrance

Oh, and just for kicks. Because blasphemy really is a victimless crime.

you read my post and took what you hated and tried to mash it (u succeeded in some spots but hey even storm troopers hit broad sides of barns(get it now im making fun of u for liking the new star wars movies(yes this is a parenthesis in a parenthesis point this out as bad grammar)))

I didn't 'mash' your post. I split it up into parts to make it easier to reply to (as you did with me), and countered your 'points' with much better arguments. Because you aren't capable of an actual rebuttal doesn't mean you can make false accusations about something I didn't do.

My avatar and font color are symbolic, nothing you'd understand, so I won't bother explaining it. Also, wow, tasteless 'insult'. Your coolness just goes on and on, doesn't it?

Mostly though you took something sarcastic or nice and general and tried to twist it to your own device(or your mind so prejudice toward religion that as soon as someone shows there religion you assume there below you and can't even understand them. (please now use the come back your right and prove to me that your in high school)

I just believe theists are either idiots, brainwashed, or ignorant. The brainwashed ones I'll generally have the most sympathy for, and you can still be a theist and a cool person, but yeah, no rational outlook on the world essentially = moron.

So whens the last time you heard of a homosexual stoning in America(i swear my freind was the one throwing the rocks... ) anyway the bible has many prejudices of the time. You cant avoid it. But if i remember my bible all the passages u used are from the old testament. by that logic if you great great great great grandfather owned slaves and you dont disagree with everything he ever thought and openly hate him then your a racist (this is an exageration in case you don't realize this, ill try to dumb it down from now on). There is alot of good love thy neighbor stuff in the old testament. and anyway if someone literally interprets the bible that means they dont believe in evolution, not anything ur saying. The old God is completely different then the new God of the bible. Same with the texts to judge the whole book by a few passages your mom found is insane.

You forget God is the acclaimed omnipotent, omniscient, etc. SUPREME BEING. He 'knows' (haha, not in the biblical sense there, though still a virgin raper) past, present, and future. Meaning, he knew what is and isn't right, always. Why not write the book right the first time? The only reason stonings have stopped is because yeah, society's grown up. That still doesn't stop people murdering abortion doctors, bullying gays, etc. Oh, and please remember there's more to the world than the United States. Honor killings and all that stuff are still going on all over the world, and yeah, some in your country.

additon- religion is used as a justification for preexisting feelings of white supremecy (the gay thing is a lil different) religion doesnt cause it. Also these people are like the 911 jackers few and far between. Also do you know that those men were recruited because al queda pays more then anyone else can reasonably make there. anyway

The recruits don't concern me, Al Queda's motives do. True, religion doesn't cause racism, but generally, anything being used as a justification for racism is a bad thing.

you know all atheist thats impressive, so could you tell john i wont make it to dinner next weekend, i have a homosexual woman to stone (i hope shes black too)

Not getting anywhere with your case, dude. Just further proving your inability to form any sort of concrete argument, so instead throw in 'tasteless' insults.

ok when i say the old miracles i mean the miracles of old. Things that were considered miracles this is an example of you either not understanding or vastly overestimating your supremacy (hey if your white that combines to being bad)

Things that were considered miracles and have been proven to have a natural cause are not miracles. Just because we didn't know about <insert miracle here> a few thousand years ago doesn't mean we should completely disregard what we've learned between them and now. Also, are you insanely racist or something?

you are wrong disproving proof is not evidence of anything. thats what the horrible exaggerating analogy was meant to exaggerate

So you're saying, hypothetically, if I disprove evolution, that's not evidence for anything and people should go on believing in the 'nonsense'?

i told u i believe in evolution (it is a theory as much as math theorem are theorem impossible to prove but very probable) but the analogy fits. im not going to restate it just reread it untill you understand it (ill come back in a couple weeks when your ready to responde (not misspelled its french for respond.)

Hmm, why didn't God include that in his Holy Book then? Again, you dissing my intelligence is getting pretty pathetic. No argument, so you insult. If I hadn't checked your profile, with your typing style and maturity level, I would have probably aged you at 12-15.

in closing notice im not making fun of you for being an atheist (tho i do hate u for it) im making fun of you for being close minded. Now im not saying your ignorant (tho i did say that above sorry) im just saying you refuse to accept others who have different thought or aspects of there lives. Im fine with you thinking as you do, just not yelling and making fun of people for it. to be honest that really is no better then slamming gay people. think about it, making fun of or bashing someone for thinking or being different eventhough they are doing nothing to harm you.

Even I don't hate you for being a theist. Sure, I think the world would be a lot better off without you lot, and maybe we could fund cancer research instead of churches, but I don't hate you. I'm not close minded. I've looked at the evidence (or lack thereof) and made my decision. Not my fault you don't agree with it and aren't capable of doing the same.

...i could go on forever

Please don't. :P

by the way i love doing this and irregardlessly(i just used irregaurdless) i want to make some obvious guesses

If they're such 'obvious' guesses, why are they mostly wrong?

you are between 16 and 25, white, middle class, um lets see male, AP or advanced classes but not science or atleast you dont do too great in it, lets see pride yourself on having alot of black freinds (this is a pretty racist way to think), obviously democrat or libertarian (and use bush in order to win any argument about this)... thats all i got for now sorry i love stereotyping in situations like this

Will correct these just because most are common knowledge anyway. I'm fourteen, female, social class varies depending on the parent I'm with, science is one of my best subjects, second only to math, I don't care what race you are, libertarian all the way.

“In some awful, strange, paradoxical way, atheists tend to take religion more seriously than the practitioners.”

Aye, for me at least. I realize how dangerous and frustratingly pointless it is.

Edited by Izzy

I could have sworn (not to gawd :P) a few pages ago Rookie outlined what this thread was about, God being part of that.

Um... not really! ;)

This topic is on:

1. Mythical Creatures.

2. Is there a spiritual world?

If you want to discuss anything else (especially religion in more depth) then start a new thread or this one will be locked.

Agreed with Andromeda, GOD IS A MYTHICAL CREATURE, and THEREFORE APPROPRIATE TO BE DISCUSSED IN THIS THREAD. I could have sworn (not to gawd :P) a few pages ago Rookie outlined what this thread was about, God being part of that. Yeah, we've had looooooooooads of religious discussions on this site, but we've also gotten more noobs who aren't going to go look up the old threads because they want to discuss it instead of reading what other people said. Guys, no one is forcing you to read this thread.

but on to other things. I dont know y you have to make fun of others and put people down when you obviously dont know much about these things (i have retarded friends too you want to make fun of them for not thinking like u do( i just realized one of them even is religious oh my friend you have hit the jack pot on this one)).

Haha, I'm willing to bet I'm much more informed of and capable to debate religion than you are. I've been a nice atheist, and have grown bored of it. There's nothing I can do (well, now) to communicate the falsehood of religious to all these nuts, so for the most part, I've stopped trying. I think some NOFX lyrics can be applied appropriately here. Watch

video, but since I doubt you'll sit through all of it, read this:

I have no consideration

Zero mutual respect

For billions who suffer from rational thought neglect

And it’s getting agonizing to hang out

With grown adults who actually believe

Mythology and history trump physics and science

My aversion has turned to aberrance

Oh, and just for kicks. Because blasphemy really is a victimless crime.

you read my post and took what you hated and tried to mash it (u succeeded in some spots but hey even storm troopers hit broad sides of barns(get it now im making fun of u for liking the new star wars movies(yes this is a parenthesis in a parenthesis point this out as bad grammar)))

I didn't 'mash' your post. I split it up into parts to make it easier to reply to (as you did with me), and countered your 'points' with much better arguments. Because you aren't capable of an actual rebuttal doesn't mean you can make false accusations about something I didn't do.

My avatar and font color are symbolic, nothing you'd understand, so I won't bother explaining it. Also, wow, tasteless 'insult'. Your coolness just goes on and on, doesn't it?

Mostly though you took something sarcastic or nice and general and tried to twist it to your own device(or your mind so prejudice toward religion that as soon as someone shows there religion you assume there below you and can't even understand them. (please now use the come back your right and prove to me that your in high school)

I just believe theists are either idiots, brainwashed, or ignorant. The brainwashed ones I'll generally have the most sympathy for, and you can still be a theist and a cool person, but yeah, no rational outlook on the world essentially = moron.

You forget God is the acclaimed omnipotent, omniscient, etc. SUPREME BEING. He 'knows' (haha, not in the biblical sense there, though still a virgin raper) past, present, and future. Meaning, he knew what is and isn't right, always. Why not write the book right the first time? The only reason stonings have stopped is because yeah, society's grown up. That still doesn't stop people murdering abortion doctors, bullying gays, etc. Oh, and please remember there's more to the world than the United States. Honor killings and all that stuff are still going on all over the world, and yeah, some in your country.

The recruits don't concern me, Al Queda's motives do. True, religion doesn't cause racism, but generally, anything being used as a justification for racism is a bad thing.

you know all atheist thats impressive, so could you tell john i wont make it to dinner next weekend, i have a homosexual woman to stone (i hope shes black too)

Not getting anywhere with your case, dude. Just further proving your inability to form any sort of concrete argument, so instead throw in 'tasteless' insults.

Things that were considered miracles and have been proven to have a natural cause are not miracles. Just because we didn't know about <insert miracle here> a few thousand years ago doesn't mean we should completely disregard what we've learned between them and now. Also, are you insanely racist or something?

So you're saying, hypothetically, if I disprove evolution, that's not evidence for anything and people should go on believing in the 'nonsense'?

i told u i believe in evolution (it is a theory as much as math theorem are theorem impossible to prove but very probable) but the analogy fits. im not going to restate it just reread it untill you understand it (ill come back in a couple weeks when your ready to responde (not misspelled its french for respond.)

Hmm, why didn't God include that in his Holy Book then? Again, you dissing my intelligence is getting pretty pathetic. No argument, so you insult. If I hadn't checked your profile, with your typing style and maturity level, I would have probably aged you at 12-15.

in closing notice im not making fun of you for being an atheist (tho i do hate u for it) im making fun of you for being close minded. Now im not saying your ignorant (tho i did say that above sorry) im just saying you refuse to accept others who have different thought or aspects of there lives. Im fine with you thinking as you do, just not yelling and making fun of people for it. to be honest that really is no better then slamming gay people. think about it, making fun of or bashing someone for thinking or being different eventhough they are doing nothing to harm you.

Even I don't hate you for being a theist. Sure, I think the world would be a lot better off without you lot, and maybe we could fund cancer research instead of churches, but I don't hate you. I'm not close minded. I've looked at the evidence (or lack thereof) and made my decision. Not my fault you don't agree with it and aren't capable of doing the same.

...i could go on forever

Please don't. :P

by the way i love doing this and irregardlessly(i just used irregaurdless) i want to make some obvious guesses

If they're such 'obvious' guesses, why are they mostly wrong?

you are between 16 and 25, white, middle class, um lets see male, AP or advanced classes but not science or atleast you dont do too great in it, lets see pride yourself on having alot of black freinds (this is a pretty racist way to think), obviously democrat or libertarian (and use bush in order to win any argument about this)... thats all i got for now sorry i love stereotyping in situations like this

Will correct these just because most are common knowledge anyway. I'm fourteen, female, social class varies depending on the parent I'm with, science is one of my best subjects, second only to math, I don't care what race you are, libertarian all the way.

“In some awful, strange, paradoxical way, atheists tend to take religion more seriously than the practitioners.”

Aye, for me at least. I realize how dangerous and frustratingly pointless it is.

Well done. As most of his garbage was mostly trying to get under our skin, he showed little, or no knowledge, as to what his point was. One huge misconception that theists have about Atheists, is that we don't know anything about religion, so we choose not to accept it. Well I think the exact opposite is true (for the most part). I know more about religion than almost every religious person that I have debated with about it. Of course that is why I am an Atheist. And we're close minded, or narrow minded? I have studied religion, and scientific views, and came to the conclusion religion simply makes no sense to me. Most theists choose not to even hear the side of Athiests, whos close minded then?

And his stereotype was way off for me. I'm 28, I have about 2 or 3 black friends(only because I simply don't know anymore than that) still don't understand the point of that either. I don't like politics at all really, most are just as corrupt as religious figures. The Presidents I like are the ones who keep their promises when it is possible.(not many there)I don't care if they are Democrats or Republican. I was raised in an upper-middle class I geuss.

My turn to make a stereotype about final:

Your a college student who is doing well(grade wise), so you assume you know everything about everything. You were raised in a poor to middle class household, but your gaurdians still managed to fund college, or you had to work, or you got some scholarships. Must be Republican, since all Atheists are Democrats :lol:. You probably were a bookworm in school. Probably did'nt play many sports(if any). Most likely were popular amognst your friends because you did good in school. Probably a smug little know-it-all. Would'nt matter what you believed, either way your way would be right. Not really bashing you, it's just you remind me of a couple people that I know, so I just assume you're the same, just like you assumed the stereotype of Atheists from the few you may have met, or know.

I don't care anymore if this gets locked. I have tried to get it back on topic a couple of times, but failed. Then you get people jumping in and writing a mini story about off topic issues which provoke off topic responses to their nonsense.

Ooh, my attempt at stereotyping Final: You were raised in a fairly redneck family, possibly black (just because you seem to focus on race so much), 12-15 from typing style, but in your 20s because I know otherwise. Grew up around conservatives, but possibly liberal, mainly because you actually knew what a libertarian was. *clap* Hot-headed, low self-esteem. Maybe in college, though passing with average grades. Basically, you got in, and that's that. American - obviously. Listens to rap and hip-hop. Heterosexual. Brown eyes. 5'9"ish. 170 lbs.

:P

Ooh, okay, random one. What nationality am I? Bonus points if you get where I was born and where I live now.

here is my attempt to stereotype final.

you are a male in your late 20's, fairly educated but by no means book smart. tends to take up a lot of projects but rarely finishes them. heterosexual protestant republican by indoctrination not choice. middle class upbringing with traumatic emotional abuse from his father. is not fond of music but is familiar with the pop genre. you tend to project your short-comings on others and enjoy belittling people to boost your low self image. your favorite color is blue and you have never been out of the country (united states).

I agree that this thread is not about arguing religion, god or whose beliefs are right. If we could turn the topic onto mythical creatures again, I would like to state the facts.

- Only believers can see faeries.

- Non-believers will refuse to accept the existence of faeries without proof.

- None can provide proof because non-believers will not see faeries.

This brings me to the conclusion that you must be born a believer to see mystical elements.

- Non-believers will not convert because no proof can be provided.

- Believers may stop believing if they accept their visions as imagination.

I conclude from this that if this topic remained forever, everyone would eventually become a non-believer.

- Remaining believers will try to convert non-believers.

- New believers will be born.

To correct my earlier conclusion, nothing would change.

- Believers will always fail to bring proof.

- Believers will continue to convert.

- New believers will continue to be born.

In short, we are in a never ending circle.

...this is a branch off of CuteSparklezGirl's 'Is there a spiritual world?' topic...please feel free 2 tell your experiences and thoughts...no teasing or arguing please...

Thank you, andromeda, for digging back into the origins of this thread. The post from rookie1ja was on the previous thread and he did lock it when it got into a religious debate. There are plenty of old religious debate threads, but generally only one at a time is on page 1. so ...

Thank you, final, for starting a new topic where you can play with (and argue) the religion ideas. I'll probably come over there and play myself. It can be fun if we stretch our brains rather than close our minds.

now ...

I agree that this thread is not about arguing religion, god or whose beliefs are right. If we could turn the topic onto mythical creatures again, I would like to state the facts.

This brings me to the conclusion that you must be born a believer to see mystical elements.

I conclude from this that if this topic remained forever, everyone would eventually become a non-believer.

- Remaining believers will try to convert non-believers.

To correct my earlier conclusion, nothing would change.

I think non-believers can have their eyes opened by some special experience and convert to being a believer. I think, for example, that angels have no problem rescuing people from harm even if the person doesn't believe. They don't ever have to be seen to accomplish the rescue. So someone who has just been rescued might begin to believe in his/her guardian angel.

- There is a chance that non-believers may start to believe

- Believers will try to convert non-believers.

Nothing would change.

- Faeries may come to non-believers thus converting them.

I have edited my argument to fit what seeksit said. Thank you for pointing out my mistake.

I wanted to ask for opinions on elves.

When I was growing up, I first heard about "Santa's elves". Later I read about various elves in nature. They were always "little people" -- human-like but with quickness and cunning and stuff, much like fairies, and probably immortal (?). Starting as far back as Shakespeare, English folklore describes them as small, elusive people with mischievous personalities.

Then along comes J.R.R. Tolkein. He has tried to return the elf to a much more ancient description from Norse mythology. He made them tall, slender, elegant, human sized; and although basically benign, they were beings with great power. In fact, Tolkein's wizard Gandalf is the name of a Norse mythological king who was part elf. The name literally means "elf with a wand".

So what do you think -- are elves human sized or little?

I wanted to ask for opinions on elves.

When I was growing up, I first heard about "Santa's elves". Later I read about various elves in nature. They were always "little people" -- human-like but with quickness and cunning and stuff, much like fairies, and probably immortal (?). Starting as far back as Shakespeare, English folklore describes them as small, elusive people with mischievous personalities.

Then along comes J.R.R. Tolkein. He has tried to return the elf to a much more ancient description from Norse mythology. He made them tall, slender, elegant, human sized; and although basically benign, they were beings with great power. In fact, Tolkein's wizard Gandalf is the name of a Norse mythological king who was part elf. The name literally means "elf with a wand".

So what do you think -- are elves human sized or little?

That is dependant on the type of elves.

Forest elves are usually little. Wood elves are usually under one foot. Dryads (tree elves) are usually human size.

Yep. I found one. It simply had never been proved that it existed then or now.

150px-Fairychapeltoun.JPG magnify-clip.pngA resin statue of a fairyWhile many fairies will confuse travelers on the path, the will o' the wisp can be avoided by not following it. :lol: I think it's wearing tights like peter pan.

There is no need for argumentive discussion, as the last few pages have entailed. I would like to know if anyone has seen this nut, before...In real life. :huh:

- Only believers can see faeries. Everyone can see faries...only believers admit they are faries...nonbelievers believe they are something else

- There is a chance that non-believers may start to believe

- Believers will try to convert non-believers.

Nothing would change.

- Faeries may come to non-believers thus converting them.

I have edited my argument to fit what seeksit said. Thank you for pointing out my mistake.

That is dependant on the type of elves.

Forest elves are usually little. Wood elves are usually under one foot. Dryads (tree elves) are usually human size.

a friend of mine told me that the people who start those 'save the trees' groups are really elves in disguise...this is a distinct possibility...

There is no need for argumentive discussion, as the last few pages have entailed. I would like to know if anyone has seen this nut, before...In real life. :huh:

I have seen male faries...they wear pant-like leggings and some[not all] wear shirts...some female faries choose to wear leggings as well...

perhaps but I'm one for environmental cause and a supporter of "tree hugging" (hehe), yet I don't partake in fairy, er, belief systems. So it's not entirely 100% true.

But certainly if fairies exist, they would be glad of modern environmental efforts, if a bit stymied by the hipocrisy of it all. Hmmm. I wonder, though. Maybe fairies should do a bit more to help out the Earth. I mean, they're intelligent life and arguably responsible for their actions. If they exist, I hope one of you that knows that does ask them to help out the Earth.

No really this isn't a joke. Maybe they are already the last strain holding up the eden that is our planet, but most likely there is more that everyone can do... it's generally thought that humans are alone in this conservation effort. But think of the possibilities if fairies were to magick away sidewalk trash, save stretches of Amazon doomed for farmland, etc

perhaps but I'm one for environmental cause and a supporter of "tree hugging" (hehe), yet I don't partake in fairy, er, belief systems. So it's not entirely 100% true.

But certainly if fairies exist, they would be glad of modern environmental efforts, if a bit stymied by the hipocrisy of it all. Hmmm. I wonder, though. Maybe fairies should do a bit more to help out the Earth. I mean, they're intelligent life and arguably responsible for their actions. If they exist, I hope one of you that knows that does ask them to help out the Earth.

No really this isn't a joke. Maybe they are already the last strain holding up the eden that is our planet, but most likely there is more that everyone can do... it's generally thought that humans are alone in this conservation effort. But think of the possibilities if fairies were to magick away sidewalk trash, save stretches of Amazon doomed for farmland, etc

...faries can't just 'magic away' things...they can put the idea of saving the environment into your head and, as I said a couple of posts back, they may have hidden helpers among us...

So is the soul a mythical creature? 'Cos I've seriously seen my soul ripped from my body and ascend to space, flying through the universe only to return to me again. (Not that I'll vouch it exists, because I understand the conditions I saw it under.)

Do fairies have souls?

Can my soul eat a fairy's soul?

Do fairies have souls?

Can my soul eat a fairy's soul?

:lol::lol:

Yes fairies have souls. Of course a human soul eats fairy souls(huntung fairy souls is a favorite amongst human souls). Sometimes a powerful human soul can consume a 'live' fairy. It usually tears the wings off first tho, since human souls don't have wings. If a fairy fails to save a human, that really pi*ses off the human soul, and starts destroying as many fairies as it can. That may be why only 1 in 1000000000000000000000000000 people are still able to see fairies.

All the information given comes from a very reliable source, who wishes to remain anonymous. ;)

:lol::lol:

Yes fairies have souls. Of course a human soul eats fairy souls(huntung fairy souls is a favorite amongst human souls). Sometimes a powerful human soul can consume a 'live' fairy. It usually tears the wings off first tho, since human souls don't have wings. If a fairy fails to save a human, that really pi*ses off the human soul, and starts destroying as many fairies as it can. That may be why only 1 in 1000000000000000000000000000 people are still able to see fairies.

All the information given comes from a very reliable source, who wishes to remain anonymous. ;)

Hate to point this out, but according to that statistic, only one person can see fairies, and only one of their 1000000000 brain cells can comprehend them and only one millionth of the whole thing recognizes it. So your saying that fairies are only detected by a small mutation in one of the brain cells in one person of about ten billion? Or are you adjusting for alternate universes with other people?

Edited by Romulus064