BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

...this is a branch off of CuteSparklezGirl's 'Is there a spiritual world?' topic...please feel free 2 tell your experiences and thoughts...no teasing or arguing please...

• Answers 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

who doesn't believe in fairies? when you open your inner heart to the winds from the north, you can see their twinkling eyes in the sunset of a thousand lilipads...

my fairy guardian is of course Cheezit the Eponymous, conquerer of the Seven Flower Kingdoms

plz don't mock, this is the first time I've outed my beliefs

edit: now that I think about it, I take offense to naming this topic "Mythical Creatures". Why would you name it Mythical creatures if you believed they existed?

Because mythical does not refer to a beings non-existence, it merely connects it to a group that has no physical evidence to back it up, but merely the words of liars or witnesses.

Because mythical does not refer to a beings non-existence, it merely connects it to a group that has no physical evidence to back it up, but merely the words of liars or witnesses.

Mythical: imaginary - not true or real

That's the definition.

who doesn't believe in fairies? when you open your inner heart to the winds from the north, you can see their twinkling eyes in the sunset of a thousand lilipads...

my fairy guardian is of course Cheezit the Eponymous, conquerer of the Seven Flower Kingdoms

plz don't mock, this is the first time I've outed my beliefs

edit: now that I think about it, I take offense to naming this topic "Mythical Creatures". Why would you name it Mythical creatures if you believed they existed?

there iz suposed 2 B quote marks around the word 'mythical' but it didn't quite work out that way...

Finally! Someone like me!

My guardian is a Nature Fairy :)

More Specifically, she's a morning wood nympho named Rosy Palmtree.

I'm sure you have heard of her, she is quite renowned for her methods of treatment. I mean, it's only natural.

B))

...what do U think Nessy iz?...

If you're referring to the 'pictures'...I think it is one of those floating tube thingies that kids wear...

Finally! Someone like me!

My guardian is a Nature Fairy :)

More Specifically, she's a morning wood nympho named Rosy Palmtree.

I'm sure you have heard of her, she is quite renowned for her methods of treatment. I mean, it's only natural.

B))

Ha! Well my guardian is a Fire Fairy, and everyone knows that Fire beats Nature (but Nature beats Water)...so...my Guardian totally pwns your Guardian :P.

But in case you get a Water Fairy (which beats Fire)...I have...

a tetra-elemental and...

Knights of the Round (aka GG!)

(don't worry...I'm only here for Bb...;P)

Edited by Yoruichi-san

...no fairy fights please...all faries are strong in their own way and no 1 fairy iz better than anyother...but sence we're on the subject of personal faries...mine iz a fire fairy named Phynix...like the bird, not the city...my daughter's fairy is an earth fairy named Fawn...I often see Fawn right beside Chay as she runs around outside...

I was serious! She visits often on Saturdays at dawn post-5980-1236311722.gif

then U fall under the category of 'true believer'...I wuz refering 2 the post by Romulus064 that said:

...the part about us being liars...unless I read that wrong...

...thank U all 4 sharing your stories...I'd rather those of U who think this iz a joke do not post on here...it iz rude 2 the true believers...

Believe or want to believe ??

These stories had a purpose originally - bed time being the main one. IOW To manipulate children.

I am not knocking your beliefs - It may be an escape or simply a need to fill in the missing bits of jigsaw - like the intelligent creator/God theory.

Either way - if that's a safe place and where you really want to be and it's good for you well, rather that than a wild psycho mental break down. I'm not saying it's one or the other for you or anyone. Dancing with the fairies ?? Using your imagination creatively ?? Or.... <reason>. It's your call.

My father died at what was probably an important period of my life and I thought I understood it at the time - weird dreams about coming home from school and seeing him sitting in the living room while I burst out in updates of my life/achievements etc. I got creative in other ways, but not schooling unfortunately - earning £s. Maybe if I was younger I would have dealt with it in a fairytale way. Who knows - just my thought, opinion and free speech out there - not a slur on your beliefs.

Mythical: imaginary - not true or real

That's the definition.

Only one of them,

Merriam-webster says:

myth

1 a: a usually traditional story of ostensibly historical events that serves to unfold part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon

2 a: a popular belief or tradition that has grown up around something or someone ; especially : one embodying the ideals and institutions of a society or segment of society <seduced by the American myth of individualism — Orde Coombs> b: an unfounded or false notion

3: a person or thing having only an imaginary or unverifiable existence

4: the whole body of mythserves to unfold part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon

I was very young once, and I did believe in the tooth-fairy. I would get a quarter per tooth.

Later I found out it was my parents joshing me. :( I believe no longer. :excl:

I knew it was my parents, and got $5 per tooth. I was even smart enough to split some of my teeth in half after they fell out, getting extra cash. :D

then U fall under the category of 'true believer'...I wuz refering 2 the post by Romulus064 that said:

...the part about us being liars...unless I read that wrong...

You Read Wrong. Some religions are started by true witnesses, others by power hungry pathological liars. I am not making any assumptions about this thread.

You Read Wrong. Some religions are started by true witnesses, others by power hungry pathological liars. I am not making any assumptions about this thread.

thanks 4 clearing that up...I wazn't sure...

...not 4 me...I have seen faries, elves, and such since I wuz a little gurl...and I am 24 now...I firmly believe in their existance...if U have never seen them then it may B hard 4 U 2 believe...but 4 those of us who do believe, this topic iz a place 2 share our thoughts, feelings, and stories...

The Ogre is a spooky creature who is very much mythical. I also believed at one time, that it existed as a mutant like, over-grown human. Then came Shrek, and everything was all good.

I had many nightmares as a child about Ogres attacking me. There seems to be more than one kind. I do not happen to be scared of them anymore. :o ///// -_-

No? Why do you say that? Seriously, though, None of my posts were ment in jest....

I was assuming it was a joke the whole time ;) I went back and analyzed your posts, including the one I quoted, and it's highly likely that you're joking. If you're not I'd be astounded... but I'm not so sure about Atlantis...

IT'S ROSEY PALMTREE!!

Not "that one fairy" geez man, show some respect! You know she has earned it! :P

My bad. she keeps me so occupied and distracted that I forgot her name.