BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

hello one and all!

The Setting:

O.K., the year is...well 2009, and there is an old fashioned dinner party (like the one in the movie Clue based on the game) where nothing "new age" is allowed into the party at Thatcher Manor. There are 6 guests at the party with 3 servants (including the cook) and a host by the name of Thadeus. the names of the people at the party are as follows:

The Residence:

Thadeus - the host of the party with a taste for 20's themed parties

Sofie - the rather beautifle maid-servant to the head of the houshold of the manor

Jeeves - the butler for the manor, think's his name is a bit cliche for his occupation

The Guests:

Detective Spencer - the greatly known detective of English decent with the abilty to solve any case, though for this one he might need the aid of you, yes YOU.

Fredward Desmund - the novelist whose books end up killing their occupants (the characters) and leaves the reader to figure out the murderer, like in Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None

Claire Savanah - the former heiress to a multi-million $ company that supports the causes (i.e. charity events) of the Thatcher Manor and has now inherited the company and was always rather supercilious.

Naomi Spencer - the lucky winner in a contest irrelevant to what must be solved. She is shy at a 5'8" (english system) but is rather talkative if the occasion hits her.

Augustice "Gus" Maylor - the representative of the PTP organization (preserve the past). he is usually quite polite until someone derides him about his love for antiques and or when someone belittles a priceless artifact. he is there on account that he recieved an invite and that the house is filled with priceless artifacts from the early century and beyond that.

The Plot:

Dinner has been served. Thadeus and the guests have retired to the lounge when the doorbell is heard. Of coarse, Jeeves, the butler, answers the door. Immediately after the door is opened, a man staggers in the foyer and dies on the floor in the middle of the room. It is up to you, yes YOU, and the detective to solve 3 things:

1) Who killed the man

2) Why they killed him

and 3) Who is the man?

The Rules:

Throughout the investigation you, the helpers of Detect. Spencer, will be able to question the guests as the night goes on (it is night until the mystery is solved or the last hint is given). You will also be able to ask yes or no questions that relate to the context of hints or the infromation at the beginning of the topic. One last thing, you cannot just guess at the answers to the questions, you have to provide some logic to your answer. Now solve this case!

Hmm, a lie detector would make things easier. In a perfect world. :) But nothing's ever perfect so;

Observation:

1. What food was served during dinner? not really relevant but it was steak with all the other stuff of a fancy restaurant
  2. (Not sure if I already asked this but) How many stories was the mansion? the mansion is 3 stories tall i think.
  3. Was the part of the mansion where the fuse box is located well lit? the fuse box is located outside under an awning. if you walk right when you exit the mansion through the front door then turn around the corner the fuse box is located at east 20-30 ft away from the corner of the previous turn.

Gus:

1. You said you saw the cook's body? Through the carpet? No, the body was not under the carpet. The killer must have hidden the body after he thought I was dead.
  2. What was this masked person's build (body)? The masked man's build was heavy set but I couldn't tell if he was obese or muscular he was still covered from head to toe.

Naomi:

1. Were you involved in any form of martial arts?No, but I grew up in Alaska with 2 brothers so I'm pretty strong.
  2. Do you know anyone here well? No I don't.
  3. Can you tell me more about the figure you saw in the window?Well, he wore a mask that looked like it was for Halloween and I couldn't see much else because of the window sill and the brief flash of lightening.

Observation:

1. Check for other hidden passages.
  2. Investigate awning - see if there are any rope marks, etc.

Jeeves

1. What room is located directly above the fuse box?
  2. Do you know about these secret passages?
  3. Who owned the place before Thatcher?
  4. Is Mr Thatcher involved with anyone romantically?

Thadeus

1. Do you know about the secret passages?
  2. What were you doing before moving in with Thatcher?

THIS IS IRRELEVANT I noticed that detective Spencer and Gus are names from the T.V. show Psych(my fav show) did you get those names from that? ^_^

lol i didn't and i just realized that! :lol: But rly spencer is my name (part of it anyway) and i got Gus because i was watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory when Augustus fell in :lol:

Observation:

1. Check for other hidden passages. Where do you want to look?
  2. Investigate awning - see if there are any rope marks, etc. There are no rope marks near the awning nor is there any evidence of rope near that area

Jeeves

1. What room is located directly above the fuse box? Directly above the fusebox is the Master Bedroom.
  2. Do you know about these secret passages?No sir, I had no idea they existed.
  3. Who owned the place before Thatcher?I am not sure sir, you would have to contact the real estate agent for that
  4. Is Mr Thatcher involved with anyone romantically?Not since his late wife, Sarah died

Thadeus

1. Do you know about the secret passages?Not that I recall.
  2. What were you doing before moving in with Thatcher?Before I moved into Thatcher Manor I was trying to get a patent on a new system for an assembly line, but that backfired horribly so now I'm trying to meat with new people (mechanics) and develop a car that can run on air-pressure.

P.S. here are the Qs you should be trying to find out:

1) Who killed Thatcher?

2) What was his motive?

and 3)* the man is thatcher (recently deceased)

4) Who is the MF?

Where was everyone when Gus was knocked out?

You may choose not to answer this but the earlier comments were ambiguous - Is the masked figure one of the people who are at the party or another person?

Where was everyone when Gus was knocked out? everyone was in the lounge (except the cook -_- )

You may choose not to answer this but the earlier comments were ambiguous - Is the masked figure one of the people who are at the party or another person?No the MF was not one of the people at the party, he is another person entirely

fredwerd: do any of your stories resemble this evening?

Is there any living relative to Thatcher that might stand to inherit everything? Is there a will? should we take a look in the study for any papers pertaining to that or to a will or even to who had the house before him?

fredwerd: do any of your stories resemble this evening? No

Is there any living relative to Thatcher that might stand to inherit everything? Is there a will? should we take a look in the study for any papers pertaining to that or to a will or even to who had the house before him?

i'm pretty sure that whoever had the house before him is irrelevant. But as for the other questions i give these answers:

Thatcher had no children and his parents are dead and so is his wife and after all of that he has not even considered commiting suicide. anyway, the study has now been searched for a will or a clue to the will. sorry -_-

Has any1 checked the body of Mr Thatcher of Thatcher Manor?

Qs to be answered:

Who killed Thatcher?

What was his/her motive?

Who is the MF?

Observations:

1. Check Mr. Thatcher's body.

Thadeus:

1. Are you working with anyone right now for your car project?

2. Who were you working with before? Why did the patent backfire?

3. Who is funding your project?

Observations:

1. Check Mr. Thatcher's body.

Thadeus:

1. Are you working with anyone right now for your car project? Yes, his name is Rodney Cahbrater, I admit his last name is a little queer.

2. Who were you working with before? Why did the patent backfire?Before I was with myself and now that I look at it, my last idea was a little bit ridiculous, it involved goldfish...not one of my best moments.

3. Who is funding your project?I don't believe in borrowing money from other people so I always raise my own.

Spencer check's thatcher's body and finds something in his shoe; It's a note

the note reads: look for the money's(s)* sweetheart

s=a certain word critical to understanding the clue

Is Naomi related to Spencer? They seem to have the same last name.

S could stand for Spencer (Detective or Naomi) or Savannah. But your latest clue hints at something else, hm...

S = Source?

Is Naomi related to Spencer? They seem to have the same last name. Yes, They are brother and sister, my sister to be exact

S could stand for Spencer (Detective or Naomi) or Savannah. But your latest clue hints at something else, hm...

S = Source?

no s is not source, try elements of the english language

Edited by No1slight

parts of English? Subject* like that in a painting. Maybe there is a painting that has a clue in it.

Suffix*maybe someone has a suffix in their name is a clue.

kinda you have the right idea if nobody gets this in the next 3 posts about this piece of information then i will give a big hint.

and it is not a person's name

Niomi: When you saw the MF, was s/he doing anything, for example tinkering with the fusebox? Holding anyone hostage?

Was s/he holding anything? A knife? A gun? :ph34r::excl:I don't know, when i saw the masked figure it was through a flash of lightning.