BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

hello one and all!

The Setting:

O.K., the year is...well 2009, and there is an old fashioned dinner party (like the one in the movie Clue based on the game) where nothing "new age" is allowed into the party at Thatcher Manor. There are 6 guests at the party with 3 servants (including the cook) and a host by the name of Thadeus. the names of the people at the party are as follows:

The Residence:

Thadeus - the host of the party with a taste for 20's themed parties

Sofie - the rather beautifle maid-servant to the head of the houshold of the manor

Jeeves - the butler for the manor, think's his name is a bit cliche for his occupation

The Guests:

Detective Spencer - the greatly known detective of English decent with the abilty to solve any case, though for this one he might need the aid of you, yes YOU.

Fredward Desmund - the novelist whose books end up killing their occupants (the characters) and leaves the reader to figure out the murderer, like in Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None

Claire Savanah - the former heiress to a multi-million $ company that supports the causes (i.e. charity events) of the Thatcher Manor and has now inherited the company and was always rather supercilious.

Naomi Spencer - the lucky winner in a contest irrelevant to what must be solved. She is shy at a 5'8" (english system) but is rather talkative if the occasion hits her.

Augustice "Gus" Maylor - the representative of the PTP organization (preserve the past). he is usually quite polite until someone derides him about his love for antiques and or when someone belittles a priceless artifact. he is there on account that he recieved an invite and that the house is filled with priceless artifacts from the early century and beyond that.

The Plot:

Dinner has been served. Thadeus and the guests have retired to the lounge when the doorbell is heard. Of coarse, Jeeves, the butler, answers the door. Immediately after the door is opened, a man staggers in the foyer and dies on the floor in the middle of the room. It is up to you, yes YOU, and the detective to solve 3 things:

1) Who killed the man

2) Why they killed him

and 3) Who is the man?

The Rules:

Throughout the investigation you, the helpers of Detect. Spencer, will be able to question the guests as the night goes on (it is night until the mystery is solved or the last hint is given). You will also be able to ask yes or no questions that relate to the context of hints or the infromation at the beginning of the topic. One last thing, you cannot just guess at the answers to the questions, you have to provide some logic to your answer. Now solve this case!

no to all.

so as my little poem says, i will now tell you guys the answer because it's about time we wrapped this case up! :D

Stephano killed his assistant because his assistant almost got caught and he couldn't trust him with future endeavors.

The case has been solved and the statement read to the jurors. Stephano was found guilty and is now facing 15 years in jail.

thanx for playing! i'll have another mystery after memorial day weekend cause i'm going camping

PS i think it should be known that i was inspired into this mystery making by CuteSparklezGirl thanx! :lol:

The case has been solved and the statement read to the jurors. Stephano was found guilty and is now facing 15 years in jail.

Hmm 15 years? That's too short of a time for a murder!

No1slight, that was a very nice mystery! I'm looking forward to your next one! :thumbsup:

"murder for Thatcher and the cook? should get life, times 2." ~constatia

Oh, I thought that Stephano killed Thatcher and Joe...and Joe, not Stephano, killed the cook. That's what Joe was doing when he was almost caught. But I agree, he should at least get life in jail.