BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Brandonb

Question

My suggested actions (and a few questions)

itachi, kat is now on the surface. Can Nestor's ability block her from being moved to a random place in Tartarus if she is successfully attacked?

And again, do all players have to move in the same direction the same number of spaces?

Nestor Blocks Riranor's movement

Nestor boosts Diomedes

Diomedes attacks Prof T

Athena Protects CP

Odysseus Kills IDNE

Odysseus guesses:

1) Hades Blocks Athena from protecting CP (block Hades' block)

2) Argus spies Odysseus' ID as he moves through the dungeons (block/ID) or Hades Blocks Diomedes from attacking PT (not sure which one)

3) Cerberus attacks ST (Block/ID)

Ending positions will be...

1) The Surface - Kat, ST

~The River Styx~

2) Ixion's Path

3) Hell Swamp - riranor

4) The Valley of Sisyphus - CP

5) Fire Cave

6) Dungeons

7) Snakes' Cavern

8) Prometheus' Mountain - Bb

9) Tantalus' Lake

10) Volcanic Pits

11) Hades' Castle

What are everyone's thoughts?

• Answers 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

itachi, kat is now on the surface. Can Nestor's ability block her from being moved to a random place in Tartarus if she is successfully attacked?

And again, do all players have to move in the same direction the same number of spaces?

No. If she's killed, she has to go to Tartarus. That's a more critical part of the game than Nestor's secret. It would imply he was speaking to a corpse anyway, so that doesn't make sense.

Yes, same direction, unless you hit the Surface or the Castle and have to turn around.

Yeah, I think that the plan looks fine...though it's a bit confusing reading things like

Hades Blocks Athena from protecting CP (block Hades' block)

:lol:

<(^-^)>

:lol: , it does get rather confudling with all the blocks and second-guessing the baddies :P

Nestor Blocks Riranor's movement

Nestor boosts Diomedes

Diomedes attacks Prof T

Athena Protects CP

Odysseus Kills IDNE

Odysseus guesses:

1) Hades Blocks Athena from protecting CP (block Hades' block)

2) Argus spies Odysseus' ID as he moves through the dungeons (block/ID) or Hades Blocks Diomedes from attacking PT (not sure which one)

3) Cerberus attacks ST (Block/ID)

1) The Surface - Kat, ST

~The River Styx~

2) Ixion's Path

3) Hell Swamp - riranor

5) Fire Cave

6) Dungeons

7) Snakes' Cavern

8) Prometheus' Mountain - Bb

9) Tantalus' Lake

10) Volcanic Pits

11) Hades' Castle

Looks good to me!

Odysseus' guesses #2 - I think you should go with the second one. I think with logic and deduction, the Monsters might have already guessed your ID (although why they didn't vote for you is beyond me...it is possible they don't know). I was just thinking that I thought it was pretty obvious that I got recruited when I did, Kat was the spokesperson so she probably isn't Odysseus, CP was leaving clues behind which I caught before I got recruited so others probably did as well, and Bb has been unusually quiet :wacko: Dunno though...

Well, that sucks. Does that mean dawh was Perseus?

By the way, Bb, I can save two people tonight ;)

Yes, and thank you (YOU can save two tonight ;))!

I had completely forgotten about that secret ability

OMG! I had also forgotten about Calcus' secret ability to sway the vote! Kat could've won the lynch yesterday! >.<

AND I forgot my secret ability to nullify people that vote for me! (Itachi, does that voting ability only apply to active votes at the end of the day? Or can it be for anyone that voted for me at any point during the day?)

AND I listed this as night 4.... and it's actually night 5 >.<

Are there any other secret abilities I am forgetting about?

Odysseus - begins the Game shackled in Tartarus without any power but his mind.

-Odysseus can kill and is vulnerable to be killed at Night once he is freed and Apollo is dead. He has 100% accuracy against humans and 50% against Gods and Monsters.

-He must be the last Greek standing. Someone will sacrifice themself for Odysseus if he is targeted (Odysseus selects the character from a list provided by Poseidon).

-May guess 3 actions and choose: Nullify them, learn IDs and/or recruit into BTSC.

Hidden abilities:

Player Secret: Learns ID of anyone who attacks him.

Character Secret: Can select any player who has voted for him that day, to be made powerless in his stead.

Calchus - Foretells a random Action each night.

Hidden abilities:

Character Secret: Can sway a vote once every 3 days as long as there are 2 different victims not voted for by the Achaean BTSC

Diomedes - Kills humans and monsters with 50% chance. 25% on Gods.

Hidden abilities:

Character Secret: ??? I don't know if Diomedes has a secret ability

Athena - Can stop the Daily Sacrifice, but not twice in a row. She may Protect one person each Night as well, but never herself.

Hidden abilities:

Character Secret: Every other night she may protect two players at the same time (I assume this is how it is worded? I would like to see the actual wording just in case there are any caveats)

Nestor -Can boost any attacking Character to 100% kill accuracy.

Hidden abilities:

Character Secret: Can halt the movement phase of one player each night.

We also should start putting together the roster to figure out who everyone is...

1) SomeGuy [Monster]?

2) Impervious - [Hades]

3) LIS - [Apollo]

4) GC - Cerberus?

5) Prof. T - Persephone?

6) dawh - [Perseus]

7) Kat - [Calchus]

8) Bb - [Odysseus]

9) RMZ - [Minotaur]

10) ST - [Athena]

11) Artificial I

12) Riranor - [Nestor]

13) JS

14) Randro

15) twin bro

16) IDNE

17) crazypainter - [Diomedes]

Please add your thoughts to the list. I am a little hurried so I can't really go in to trying to discover alot right now :rolleyes:

Wow, calm down :P

"Can protect 2 people every other night, but never herself" exact wording

1) SomeGuy [Monster]? Medusa?

2) Impervious - [Hades]

3) LIS - [Apollo]

4) GC - Cerberus?

5) Prof. T - Persephone?

6) dawh - [Perseus]

7) Kat - [Calchus]

8) Bb - [Odysseus]

9) RMZ - [Minotaur]

10) ST - [Athena]

11) Artificial I - Monster?

12) Riranor - [Nestor]

13) JS - Indie recruited by Monsters?

14) Randro - Indie?

15) twin bro - Monster?

16) IDNE - Indie?

17) crazypainter - [Diomedes]

Eh...mostly random guesses :huh:

Tweaked actions list. In light of discovering the ancient forgotten abilities :P

I think we should take a defensive stance tonight, then hit'em hard tomorrow. I'll say something incriminating... maybe claim a role that they already know, and try to draw out a few votes for myself. Then Kat Sways the vote to GC, and I'll nullify one of the other people that vote for me. ;)

Kat is safe on the surface, so she will not need to be protected

Nestor Blocks ST's movement (so she stays below the surface and can save people).

Nestor boosts Diomedes

Diomedes attacks Prof T

Athena1 Protects CP

Athena2 Protects Riranor

Odysseus Kills IDNE

Odysseus guesses:

1) Cerberus Attacks CP (Block/ID)

2) Cerberus Attacks ST (Block/ID)

3) Cerberus Attacks Bb (Block/ID)

*Everyone moves up 1 (Except Kat who is stuck on the surface, and ST who is blocked by Nestor)

1) The Surface - Kat

~The River Styx~

2) Ixion's Path - riranor, ST

3) Hell Swamp

4) The Valley of Sisyphus - CP, Bb

5) Fire Cave

6) Dungeons

7) Snakes' Cavern

8) Prometheus' Mountain

9) Tantalus' Lake

10) Volcanic Pits

11) Hades' Castle

Tweaked actions list. In light of discovering the ancient forgotten abilities :P

I think we should take a defensive stance tonight, then hit'em hard tomorrow. I'll say something incriminating... maybe claim a role that they already know, and try to draw out a few votes for myself. Then Kat Sways the vote to GC, and I'll nullify one of the other people that vote for me. ;)

Kat is safe on the surface, so she will not need to be protected

Nestor Blocks ST's movement (so she stays below the surface and can save people).

Nestor boosts Diomedes

Diomedes attacks Prof T

Athena1 Protects CP

Athena2 Protects Riranor

Odysseus Kills IDNE

Odysseus guesses:

3) Cerberus Attacks Bb (Block/ID)

*Everyone moves up 1 (Except Kat who is stuck on the surface, and ST who is blocked by Nestor)

1) The Surface - Kat

~The River Styx~

3) Hell Swamp

4) The Valley of Sisyphus - CP, Bb

5) Fire Cave

6) Dungeons

7) Snakes' Cavern

8) Prometheus' Mountain

9) Tantalus' Lake

10) Volcanic Pits

11) Hades' Castle

It all looks good to me. Thanks! There's still a couple hours to change anything if you want.

I'm leaving this up to you guys:

what if Odysseus is targeted on the surface and all other Achaeans are in Tartarus, Odysseus gets targeted, so another one has to die. Is it fair for that Achaean to be eliminated from the game or should I (host) move them to the surface so they die as Odysseus would have, or should Odysseus just be killed on the Surface?

I'm leaving this up to you guys:

what if Odysseus is targeted on the surface and all other Achaeans are in Tartarus, Odysseus gets targeted, so another one has to die. Is it fair for that Achaean to be eliminated from the game or should I (host) move them to the surface so they die as Odysseus would have, or should Odysseus just be killed on the Surface?

Well, from what is written it seems like Odysseus would have to sacrifice someone else if he is merely targeted (whether successful or not).

The rules state that "Someone will sacrifice themself for Odysseus if he is targeted..." It doesn't really say that it only applies if Oysseus is in a position where he would die or live (unprotected in Tartarus, or if under the protection of Athena or his own blocking ability). So I guess the first thing we need is a clarification on what the original intent was.

Operating under the following assumption: The original intent was that Odysseus would only sacrifice someone else, if he is in a situation where he would be removed from the game. In order to fulfill the requirement to "be the last Greek standing."

Then it would seem to me that Odysseus would be under a form of protection when on the surface, with no danger of an attack being dealt that could remove him from the game (unless there's some secret ability out that that can do that). Which means that there would be no sacrifice, and instead he would be sent to a random place in Tartarus like any other player.

So what was the original intent?

itachi, I have a few more questions for you:

1) Does Diomedes have a secret ability?

2) What is the actual wording for Athena's secret ability?

3) If Odysseus is killed can he select a player on the surface to die in his place, so that the chosen player just gets sent to a random place in tartarus?

4) Does Odysseus' nullification ability only apply to active votes at the end of the day? Or can it be applied to anyone that voted for him at any point during the day?

5) Is a player sacrificed in Odysseus' place even if the attack is not successful?

It all looks good to me. Thanks! There's still a couple hours to change anything if you want.

Depending on the responses, a few things will surely change.

Edited by Brandonb

From Hermes:

"Brave Odysseus, since Hades and his minions have stopped voting for themselves are started voting for your warriors (Kat), I've decided to help the Achaeans, since it's likely that I will soon be recruited, since I am currently the last remaining independant.

First, let me say that I know who you are, Brandonb, and it is likely that everyone else knows too. I can offer to move any of your opponents deep into Tartarus so that you or Diomedes can easily kill them. Personally, I would suggest having twin bro killed, since he is a dangerous killer on the other team. If you would like me to do this, then simply post a comment on the thread overnight, and on the last line of your comment post a capital letter representing the player number (from the roster) of the player you want moved to Tartarus, followed by any emoticon. For example, if you want twin bro moved into Tartarus, since twin bro is number 15) in the roster, the last line of your comment will include a capital O followed by an emoticon.

However, if you don't want any of your enemies moved, and instead want to move yourself into Hades Castle so that you can kill Impervious, who is Hades, then type a capital H followed by an emoticon in your post (H because you are the 8th person in the roster). Hades (Impervious) will not expect an attack tonight since you were moved away from his castle last night.

As a last sign of good faith, I will inform you that in addition to twin bro, Prof. T, and IDNE are also likely Monsters.

Your friend and Ally, Hermes."

Well, from what is written it seems like Odysseus would have to sacrifice someone else if he is merely targeted (whether successful or not).

The rules state that "Someone will sacrifice themself for Odysseus if he is targeted..." It doesn't really say that it only applies if Oysseus is in a position where he would die or live (unprotected in Tartarus, or if under the protection of Athena or his own blocking ability). So I guess the first thing we need is a clarification on what the original intent was.

Operating under the following assumption: The original intent was that Odysseus would only sacrifice someone else, if he is in a situation where he would be removed from the game. In order to fulfill the requirement to "be the last Greek standing."

Then it would seem to me that Odysseus would be under a form of protection when on the surface, with no danger of an attack being dealt that could remove him from the game (unless there's some secret ability out that that can do that). Which means that there would be no sacrifice, and instead he would be sent to a random place in Tartarus like any other player.

So what was the original intent?

agreed, it will only come into play if Odysseus is threatened from leaving the game.

itachi, I have a few more questions for you:

1) Does Diomedes have a secret ability?

2) What is the actual wording for Athena's secret ability?

3) If Odysseus is killed can he select a player on the surface to die in his place, so that the chosen player just gets sent to a random place in tartarus?

4) Does Odysseus' nullification ability only apply to active votes at the end of the day? Or can it be applied to anyone that voted for him at any point during the day?

5) Is a player sacrificed in Odysseus' place even if the attack is not successful?

Depending on the responses, a few things will surely change.

1) Yes, he can target 2 people at once every other night

2) "you are Athena. Character Secret: Can protect 2 people every other night, but never herself"

3) you can select a living player of your choice

4) Anyone who has voted for him

5) No, it was definitely intended as a mechanism to keep Odysseus the last one standing, so sacrifices are not needed if you will live through the meeting

FINAL!

Kat is safe on the surface, so she will not need to be protected.

Nestor boosts Odysseus

Diomedes attacks Prof T (will use the 2X kill tomorrow)

Athena1 Protects CP

Athena2 Protects Riranor

Odysseus Kills Impervious

Odysseus guesses:

3) Hades blocks Athena protecting Riranor (Block Hades' block)

*Everyone moves up 1 (Except Kat who is stuck on the surface, and ST who is blocked by Nestor, and Bb who is being delivered to Hades' castle by Hermes)

1) The Surface - Kat

~The River Styx~

3) Hell Swamp

5) Fire Cave

6) Dungeons

7) Snakes' Cavern

8) Prometheus' Mountain

9) Tantalus' Lake

10) Volcanic Pits

11) Hades' Castle - Bb (Hermes Flight)

Ya know... I really hope that Hermes does not have some secret ability to transport someone only if they make a post during the night or something like that :P

Edited by Brandonb

FINAL!

Kat is safe on the surface, so she will not need to be protected.

Nestor boosts Odysseus

Diomedes attacks Prof T (will use the 2X kill tomorrow)

Athena1 Protects CP

Athena2 Protects Riranor

Odysseus Kills Impervious

Odysseus guesses:

3) Hades blocks Athena protecting Riranor (Block Hades' block)

*Everyone moves up 1 (Except Kat who is stuck on the surface, and ST who is blocked by Nestor, and Bb who is being delivered to Hades' castle by Hermes)

1) The Surface - Kat

~The River Styx~

3) Hell Swamp

5) Fire Cave

6) Dungeons

7) Snakes' Cavern

8) Prometheus' Mountain

9) Tantalus' Lake

10) Volcanic Pits

11) Hades' Castle - Bb (Hermes Flight)

Ya know... I really hope that Hermes does not have some secret ability to transport someone only if they make a post during the night or something like that :P

hehe, OK, I'll be using this ... FINAL B))