BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

It seems there is a lot of controversy over this topic on Brainden.... Understandable... Well I just mean spiritual as in God but also as in ghosts and things. What is your opinion?

• Answers 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I think he just calls them 'devas' to detach them from the religious doctrines 'god' is attached to. Are they synonyms?

I don't know alot on the subject. I remeber the book saying they weren't gods and were more of the angel type. Unlike angels however, they do not serve a god.

If they don't bother to interfere with us or even care about us, why should we care about them? There's no real reason to believe that they're there anymore than that there's an invisible dragon in my garage. :P

they R there to care for and protect the earth...us as humans are of no concern 2 them unless we sevearly hurt the earth...

dragons aren't invisible...just good at hiding...

Edited by Atlantis

If they don't bother to interfere with us or even care about us, why should we care about them? There's no real reason to believe that they're there anymore than that there's an invisible dragon in my garage. :P

Yeah, I know what you mean. "Godless geeks" lmao. Like I said, he doesn't believe they should be worshiped and he doesn't give them much thought in particular, but believes that, if they exist, they are gods in the sense that they are more powerful than us. I dunno, it was confusing when he explained it. I asked him if he was technically atheist then, but he said he wasn't 'cos he believed in gods, just not gods in the sense most people think about gods.

This thread is making me want to experiment with hallucinogenics. Tree-things, fairies, sounds surreal and awesome.

Trees really are awesome and they really do have spirits. i have experience. You REALLY have to believe. Talk to the tree, sit in it, tell you it your troubles. It will always know what to do. They have personalitys. One tree in particular was Mother Sarah. I would sit in her lap way up high and tell her my problems. She always gave AMAZING advice that REALLY worked. She was like a mother to me. You just have to listen.

Edited by CuteSparklezGirl

You are right! I have to make up! I have felt so depressed and like a failure since I let my kingdom die out/sleep. But somehow I think my time is up. One day another child will dicover my kingdom and wake it up.

your time is not up until U die...then U will be reincarnated as that child 2 continue your work with them...as long as U believe...how long has it been?...at a certian point your mind 4gets how to believe...and your heart how 2 listen...*cries 4 all those who have reached this point*...if U reach this point it is harder to believe the next time around...

Izzy, Deva's are from both Hinduism and Buddhism. And your right, Deva's do not take part in human affairs (w/ the exception of offering "silent" advice) And they're in almost no way like God those who are wandering. Unlike god, they aren't immortal, though they live for long periods of time, and Devas are very much like humans. They live lives normally as we do, they are not all-knowing (A fully enlightened Buddhist knows more then what they would know), and they are not morally perfect.

Even Buddhist themselves do not worship them, though Hindu's have been known to offer sacrifices to their Deva's (as a sign of respect? I'm not sure)

I personally don't believe in god and don't care if you do, its your choice, I respect that, but if I had to choose a religion I think I'd side w/ Buddhism. Enlightenment should not be confused for "all-knowing" either. Buddhist know that Deva's cannot show them the way out of "Samsara", which Buddhist believe to be the endless cycle of all living-beings participating in the universe to what I think would be something like homeostasis. They know death and decomposing is all part of it. Enlightenment is what they consider to be the "escape"; my interpretation or really the way I want to see it, is that its the realization of reality. Buddhist believe that what we know and do now are something like a "dream". Enlightenment is the "awakening" and realization of the whole universe. The awareness of the true nature of the universe, perfect sanity. Though I'm going with what Buddhists have believed in, I'm not sure about the bit of escaping from the cycle samsara. As that would mean escape from birth, suffering, death and rebirth.

Still atheist, but Izzy posts had me thinking. ;)

edit: posted late, may be repeating..or clarifying.

Edited by Zerep

your time is not up until U die...then U will be reincarnated as that child 2 continue your work with them...as long as U believe...how long has it been?...at a certian point your mind 4gets how to believe...and your heart how 2 listen...*cries 4 all those who have reached this point*...if U reach this point it is harder to believe the next time around...

I guess I gave up on beliving about 3 monthes ago... I struggled with it for a long time then gave up... I really do want to belive but I find it hard. My kingdom will be destroyed unless Marci belevies before new years next year. Y? beacuase it is the next blue moon that will be at midnight, on newyears day/eve. Plus it will be 2010, the 2000s going double digits. If she doesn't belive by then the kingom will be destroyed forever. I can't help it. That is the deep magic of the Kingdom of Mythadonia.

Izzy, Deva's are from both Hinduism and Buddhism. And your right, Deva's do not take part in human affairs (w/ the exception of offering "silent" advice) And they're in almost no way like God those who are wandering. Unlike god, they aren't immortal, though they live for long periods of time, and Devas are very much like humans. They live lives normally as we do, they are not all-knowing (A fully enlightened Buddhist knows more then what they would know), and they are not morally perfect.

Even Buddhist themselves do not worship them, though Hindu's have been known to offer sacrifices to their Deva's (as a sign of respect? I'm not sure)

I personally don't believe in god and don't care if you do, its your choice, I respect that, but if I had to choose a religion I think I'd side w/ Buddhism. Enlightenment should not be confused for "all-knowing" either. Buddhist know that Deva's cannot show them the way out of "Samsara", which Buddhist believe to be the endless cycle of all living-beings participating in the universe to what I think would be something like homeostasis. They know death and decomposing is all part of it. Enlightenment is what they consider to be the "escape"; my interpretation or really the way I want to see it, is that its the realization of reality. Buddhist believe that what we know and do now are something like a "dream". Enlightenment is the "awakening" and realization of the whole universe. The awareness of the true nature of the universe, perfect sanity. Though I'm going with what Buddhists have believed in, I'm not sure about the bit of escaping from the cycle samsara. As that would mean escape from birth, suffering, death and rebirth.

Still atheist, but Izzy posts had me thinking. ;)

do U believe in reincarnation?...

I don't think you were asking me, but I will reply anyhow. At this point I am not sure what I beleive. I just know that I was alwasy trained there was no reincarnation.

I guess I gave up on beliving about 3 monthes ago... I struggled with it for a long time then gave up... I really do want to belive but I find it hard. My kingdom will be destroyed unless Marci belevies before new years next year. Y? beacuase it is the next blue moon that will be at midnight, on newyears day/eve. Plus it will be 2010, the 2000s going double digits. If she doesn't belive by then the kingom will be destroyed forever. I can't help it. That is the deep magic of the Kingdom of Mythadonia.

I have never heard of this rule...will it help if I believe?...because I do...

Yeah, I know what you mean. "Godless geeks" lmao. Like I said, he doesn't believe they should be worshiped and he doesn't give them much thought in particular, but believes that, if they exist, they are gods in the sense that they are more powerful than us. I dunno, it was confusing when he explained it. I asked him if he was technically atheist then, but he said he wasn't 'cos he believed in gods, just not gods in the sense most people think about gods.

This thread is making me want to experiment with hallucinogenics. Tree-things, fairies, sounds surreal and awesome.

This kind of thing doesn't always start out as the result of a hallucinogen...

Here's another way it happens

1. A random thought, I'd liken it to a parasite, creeps into your mind. You do not question it, because it has disguised itself as an axiom.

2. The brains logic processes then begin to build upon the axiom, creating a new vision of the universe.

You suddenly up your guard, a little twitch in the bushes? No, your brain tells you, it's one of them.

1. A random thought, I'd liken it to a parasite, creeps into your mind. You do not question it, because it has disguised itself as an axiom.

2. The brains logic processes then begin to build upon the axiom, creating a new vision of the universe.

You suddenly up your guard, a little twitch in the bushes? No, your brain tells you, it's one of them.

R U a believer?...if not please stop mocking us... -_-

Mm. no. That's why I said the bit about if I had to believe in something, it be that.

(Also Buddhists know that Deva's cannot decide for them to be "rebirth", I'm sure enlightenment has some loophole about dieing seeing as at the point, you understand that dieing is necessary for the cycle to continue.)

Are you saying you DON'T believe??????????? :o:(:unsure::wacko::excl::blink: <_< :angry:

...Sparkle...will my believing help?...

I don't know for sure... But I do know this. If there are enough belivers in the world, maybe, JUST maybe, the deep magic will subside, and allow the kingdom to flourish under the new life of other people beliving.

So yes... I feel as though I am recieving a sort of telapathy from the tree spirits and the deep magic. Somehow. If we get enough people to believe the deep magic will be overuled! SO YES! beleiving WILL help! PLEASE! I am BEGGING you guys pour your heart and soul into it and BELIEVE!

R U a believer?...if not please stop mocking us... -_-

Romulus is merely posting a different explanation/belief. Take it only as an intellectual criticism and not a personal attack.

Romulus is merely posting a different explanation/belief. Take it only as an intellectual criticism and not a personal attack.

You are right as usual! I am sorry, I just got all worked up.

Thank YOU! I have started a campaign to save My kingdom.... did you see my new signiture?

I added a slightly more generic plea 2 mine...sence I have never experienced your kingdom...